Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 10:56   #2236
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Thank you so much. Is there any particular size i should choose. Some confusion about 28/14 or ?

Thanks and regards
Subrat
I believe you need 24" and 18" for front wipers.

Rear wiper is 10".
Old 12th January 2021, 11:10   #2237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Jeep India has launched the 2021 Jeep Compass in India and it now compares well with other current competitors in the segment.
The interiors look totally new, almost feels like a brand new generation of the Compass. Quite surprising, since Jeep is not known for making massive changes mid cycle. The pre-facelift looked great from the outside and interior had good materials, however, somehow felt a generation older, given the rounded and vague shapes/appearance of various elements, which did not go well with the sharp styling of the car overall.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 11:22   #2238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
That placement of EPB switch is awkward or down-right dangerous. Imagine an kid sitting in the passenger side and "accidentally" pulling that while taking a phone from that wireless phone charger.
Just one more to the already long list of reasons of why kids do not belong in the front seat of a car at all - under any circumstances. For their own as well as everyone's safety. The sooner people understand this, the better.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 11:33   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just one more to the already long list of reasons of why kids do not belong in the front seat of a car at all - under any circumstances. For their own as well as everyone's safety. The sooner people understand this, the better.
I fully agree. I had hyperactive teenagers in mind (I was one too) when I wrote that.
Old 12th January 2021, 12:13   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I fully agree. I had hyperactive teenagers in mind (I was one too) when I wrote that.
I had seen a few videos on this, and I was pleasantly surprised to note that it is not that dangerous to be honest. In such an event when you do mistakenly pull or apply the EPB, from say 80 km/h, the car will brake only till you keep pulling on the button. So the mistake can be corrected quite quickly.

If you're in traffic, 15-20 km/h, one tug on the EPB will slow you down enough to then fully apply the parking brakes and bring the vehicle to a complete halt. By virtue of its nomenclature it might be useful in case of an emergency, where you could keep the EPB pulled until your car stops completely. But this is not to be replaced with the normal brake pedal.

The braking is not as hard as on the actual brake pedal, it will gradually bring the car to a complete stop. While on the move, it will also trigger the rear brake lights, so the car following you knows you're slowing down.

One should really try and test it on their own car on an empty stretch of road in a safe way, just to be aware how their car's EPB responds, as it might behave differently from model to model. Be prepared in a situation and not surprised.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2021 at 12:07. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 12:56   #2241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I had seen a few videos on this, and I was pleasantly surprised to note that it is not that dangerous to be honest. In such an event when you do mistakenly pull or apply the EPB, from say 80 km/h, the car will brake only till you keep pulling on the button. So the mistake can be corrected quite quickly.
No, not the case in the Jeep Compass. I have tried it and what it does is even if you pull it just once and let go, it still brings the car to a full stop with the message "Dynamic Braking Active" on the Mid. Jeep infact highlights this as a safety feature and to be used as an emergency brake to bring the car to a full stop if faced with a critical situation.

If you have seen my ownership thread, I had also initially highlighted this as a major risk of accident if someone (child or even adult) pulls it accidentally!

Irrespective of the speed you pull it at, it will bring the car to a full halt and that could be very dangerous if it happens in the middle of a highway.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2021 at 12:07. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 14:34   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Thank you so much. Is there any particular size i should choose. Some confusion about 28/14 or ?

Thanks and regards
Subrat
Wipers for the Compass are 24" (Driver side) and 18" (Passenger side)
Old 12th January 2021, 15:00   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
I believe you need 24" and 18" for front wipers.

Rear wiper is 10".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Wipers for the Compass are 24" (Driver side) and 18" (Passenger side)
Thank you so much. Planning to get the Bosch clear advantage one.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2021 at 12:08. Reason: Trimming excessive spacing between quoted post
Old 12th January 2021, 15:02   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi guys, can anyone help me with the difference between a 2017 Limited and a Limited Option variant of the Compass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Limited Option came with Bi-Xenon head lamps and dual tone (black roof). Not sure if there is any other difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
The only differences in my case were:
• HID headlamps
• Contrast black roof
• Expedited delivery

It cost more than the sum of the two accessories at after market rates, @ ₹75k.

In addition to the above, if it is a 4*4, the Option Pack had 6 airbags.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:03   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
In addition to the above, if it is a 4*4, the Option Pack had 6 airbags.
Even for limited variant - 4*4 has 6 airbags.
Old 12th January 2021, 23:44   #2246
BHPian

Does the Jeep Compass of 2018 -19 years make has DPF. And after how many kilometers does it need cleaning of the EGR valve. My compass has completed nearly 50 k but the EGR valve has not been cleaned even once during routine services. I have asked this because there is typical light smell from exhaust ,like it needs EGR cleaning.
Old 14th January 2021, 11:43   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Does the Jeep Compass of 2018 -19 years make has DPF. And after how many kilometers does it need cleaning of the EGR valve. My compass has completed nearly 50 k but the EGR valve has not been cleaned even once during routine services. I have asked this because there is typical light smell from exhaust ,like it needs EGR cleaning.
The BS6 Diesel models definitely have DPF. They also have a DEF tank to put Adblue liquid. Not sure about 2018-19 models. The BS6 models came in January 2020 and before that they were BS4. Trailhawk was BS6 from the start so that would have the DPF for sure.

On the EGR valve cleaning, why do you think it is needed, is it just the smell or are you having any other issues.
Old 14th January 2021, 20:57   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The BS6 Diesel models definitely have DPF. They also have a DEF tank to put Adblue liquid. Not sure about 2018-19 models. The BS6 models came in January 2020 and before that they were BS4. Trailhawk was BS6 from the start so that would have the DPF for sure.

On the EGR valve cleaning, why do you think it is needed, is it just the smell or are you having any other issues.
I am not facing any issues. It is just the precautionary measure as in some diesel cars it is recommended to clean EGR valve after ever 30 k to 50 k intervals. The smell issue may be due to change of diesel from Reliance to Essar as reliance pumps are closed in Punjab but I am not sure about that.
Old 15th January 2021, 11:54   #2249
BHPian

I have a Jeep Compass Sport Plus Petrol which is 13 months old with very few miles (<5k) on the ODO due to the lockdown. I drove my car around 160 kms on Sunday and had planned to send it for a service on Tuesday. On Tuesday when the workshop guys came to take the car, it refused to start. The battery showed no power. We jump started the car and then suddenly the output showed full power. When they did a through check up in the workshop they confirmed that one of cell has completely dried up and the battery needs to be replace. Also the battery has only 1 year warranty. I pushed very hard saying this is not acceptable. Finally the workshop agreed to charge me 30% for the new battery and gave a warranty of 2 years. The local guys who jump started my car told me that the jeep has a 70 Ah battery which insufficient for the car and they have replaced the battery for several cars with a 80 Ah battery. The workshop has put a 70 Ah battery since that is the standard. Funnily the SA also told me to get jump start wires since this is a common problem. Any advice on the 80 Ah battery setup ?
Old 15th January 2021, 15:21   #2250
BHPian

Hey guys, how do I disable FM radio from turning on by default every time I start the car? I mostly use car play and it's pretty annoying to just be tuned into a random FM channel every time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks