Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:54   #1516
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
It cannot beat cars like Octavia in driving pleasure but it has its other virtues. I find it better suitable for highways than in the city. At city speeds the suspension is a bit stiff and you can feel big potholes
I own Octavia 1.8TSI and its got hard suspension at city speeds also. In fact my TD of Compass was more enjoyable over the same area of road because I could drive a bit faster.

Steering wise both are great with a slight edge to the Compass.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 15:43   #1517
BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Today I happened to call KHT in Domlur Bangalore to enquire about bs6 in lower variants of compass. According to him Jeep would be launching it next month. Apparently they are almost done with their bs4 inventory. When i called MPS (another dealer) they didnt have a clue about. Not sure how factual the news is....
Old 25th September 2019, 16:51   #1518
BHPian

Hello. My query is to owners of compass. Is it true that JC doesn't come with inbuilt navigation. I am considering a limited plus with uconnect 8.4. If this is indeed true, its a shame considering the on road price is close to 27 lakhs and even cars in the 7 to 8 lakhs get these basic features. Please advise
Old 25th September 2019, 17:09   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Hello. My query is to owners of compass. Is it true that JC doesn't come with inbuilt navigation. I am considering a limited plus with uconnect 8.4. If this is indeed true, its a shame considering the on road price is close to 27 lakhs and even cars in the 7 to 8 lakhs get these basic features. Please advise
The lack of inbuilt navigation is not at all a problem with the JC, as we all anyway rely on Google Maps anyway now. The Google maps are far more updated and relevant and also show real time traffic whereas no inbuilt navigation can have these features.

Also, you can connect your Android / Iphone to the Uconnect system (through a USB cable) and you get the navigation display on your infotainment display.

So I have never faced an issue in this regard.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th September 2019 at 11:26. Reason: Minor spacing
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 18:22   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a specific reason you want the inbuilt navigation? The amount of data Google collects and updates in real time is difficult to match by any other provider. With Android Auto and apple car play , I believe, the interface problem is also solved to a major extent.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 18:25   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Is there a specific reason you want the inbuilt navigation? The amount of data Google collects and updates in real time is difficult to match by any other provider. With Android Auto and apple car play , I believe, the interface problem is also solved to a major extent.
Thanks for your reply. I am only concerned because of the need to carry a cable everytime I take out the car. Further there is no storage space to keep a large sized phone close to the usb socket. The option it looks like is to keep the phone inside the sliding arm rest and run cable all the way to the usb outlet. I for one hate dangling wires
Old 25th September 2019, 21:42   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I am only concerned because of the need to carry a cable everytime I take out the car. Further there is no storage space to keep a large sized phone close to the usb socket. The option it looks like is to keep the phone inside the sliding arm rest and run cable all the way to the usb outlet. I for one hate dangling wires
The solution to this problem is easy, keep a USB cable connected at the rear USB socket and run the wire along the sides of driver or passenger seat. A black colored amazon basics wire works well and doesn't get noticed.

The armrest has a cutout for cable making it easy to keep the wire permanently placed there.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 22:43   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
I keep my phone in one of the two cup holders below the central arm rest. Why don't you try that?
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 10:02   #1524
Senior - BHPian

As I am researching about my next car, Compass is one of the contenders.
I am mainly interested in the top end Limited Plus 4*2 diesel which is decently equipped but still misses out on features compared to the competition - Tucson, Seltos, Hector etc.
Anyways, Jeep has solid build, power, ride and handling which makes it a worthy contender.

I must say that the Jeep inida website is pathetic and even after spending a few hours, I could not get a full specs/feature list. For example, I don't know the tire size of the limited plus (just know its 18 inch). So, can someone please help with the following -
1> Tire size of the limited plus along with brand? How good are these tires in terms of grip, noise etc? Do we need to swap with something better? If yes, what are the options?

2> How is the ride quality with 18 inch tyres? I found the Tucson ride to be really stiff.

3> Does Compass come with auto locking doors based on speed? is there auto unlocking based on impact etc?

Also, is there any good ownership reviews on team bhp of the Limited Plus 4*2? Yet to find any.
What are the current discounts on the Compass Limited plus variant?

Last edited by adimicra : 26th September 2019 at 10:07.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:15   #1525
BHPian

Quote:

Sir inbuilt navigation is of no use in the current times. You just don't want to know the way, you want to know the fastest way for which Google maps is there. You can even download offline maps in case you are venturing out to areas that don't have cellular network.
Old 26th September 2019, 10:34   #1526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
1> Tire size of the limited plus along with brand? How good are these tires in terms of grip, noise etc? Do we need to swap with something better? If yes, what are the options?
225/55 -18 tyres from Bridgestone.

Quote:
Nothing significant in Bangalore, though not sure about Hyderabad. Dealers don't stock the Limited Plus at showrooms and is almost made to order. Hence limited discounts. Same goes for Sport Plus as well.

Huge discounts running for Limited though.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 18:50   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You get a special interest rate @ 7.69%. Apart from this I don't think there is any cash discount on Limited Plus unless there is some from the dealer side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Huge discounts running for Limited though.
Yes, especially on the 2018 manufactured cars.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 20:34   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information. My experience with the nearest Jeep dealership has been very poor as the salesperson was having a 'take-it-or-leave-it attitude. I find it difficult to digest such attitude with the ever decreasing sales of the Compass. As per him, there are no discounts on the limited plus and even the availability is not confirmed.
I have approached the other Jeep dealership in Hyderabad who seem more keen to sell the Compass. However, if there are really no discounts, COmpass Limited Plus is dangerously close to the Tucson GL(O) after discounts, which comes with auto transmission, cruise control and other features, apart from offering much more interior or boot space. I guess it is going to get really tough for Jeep going forward if they don't revise the price down or offer hefty discounts.

Last edited by adimicra : 26th September 2019 at 20:38.
Old 26th September 2019, 21:26   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
As per him, there are no discounts on the limited plus and even the availability is not confirmed.
However, if there are really no discounts, COmpass Limited Plus is dangerously close to the Tucson GL(O) after discounts, which comes with auto transmission, cruise control and other features, apart from offering much more interior or boot space.
Yes, it's at least a consistent message (even in Bangalore) that there is no discount on Limited Plus apart from the 7.69% interest rate plus any adjustments they can do on the insurance. I was in the exact same state oscillating between Tucson and Compass and finally settled for Compass. The auto-transmission (especially in BLR) and other features like cruise-control, cooled glovebox, puddle lamps, downhill assist plus the considerable discount offered by them really made me think hard about Tucson. But as someone currently driving a punto you can guess where my heart would be. The deciding feedback against Tucson came from my wife though - the high window line in the rear compared to the Jeep and the ride comfort at decent speeds in the not so good roads of BLR kind of tilted it in favor of Compass. In the end, I have to compromise on some of the features for the ones that mattered more to me.
Old 26th September 2019, 22:03   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Yes, it's at least a consistent message (even in Bangalore) that there is no discount on Limited Plus apart from the 7.69% interest rate plus any adjustments they can do on the insurance. I was in the exact same state oscillating between Tucson and Compass and finally settled for Compass. The auto-transmission (especially in BLR) and other features like cruise-control, cooled glovebox, puddle lamps, downhill assist plus the considerable discount offered by them really made me think hard about Tucson. But as someone currently driving a punto you can guess where my heart would be. The deciding feedback against Tucson came from my wife though - the high window line in the rear compared to the Jeep and the ride comfort at decent speeds in the not so good roads of BLR kind of tilted it in favor of Compass. In the end, I have to compromise on some of the features for the ones that mattered more to me.
First of all, congratulations on the Compass. It is a wonderful car no doubt with excellent build, engine and driving dynamics. I guess Jeep messed up the feature list by not offering auto transmission, cruise control, reclining rear seats etc. For me, it is just the opposite - my wife liked the Tucson a lot because of the larger space on offer and the excellent reclining rear seats (those recline really a lot). In fact, she also mentioned that the window line in Compass is higher (need to recheck). I don't know why but I am also more inclined towards the Compass though Tucson seems more logical with the discounts. I have convinced my wife for another drive. Hope she likes it this time and the other dealer throws in some discounts to make the deal sweet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks