Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 08:41   #1396
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I didn't want to do the alignment during this service as I didn't see any issue with it, however they forced me by saying my warranty will be at risk if the wheel alignment is not done there.

Overall, it was not a great experience.
You should & now, must ask them of the FCA people over an e-mail that how can it affect warranty?

And in case if its a dealer's job, what is Jeep India going to do about it?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 10:26   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
... But after taking the delivery, I found out that they have messed up the alignment. Later, I had to get it done again outside to resolve the issue. I wonder if they have the right technicians to do the wheel alignment as this is the second time they have screwed up the alignment.
The issue seems to be at FCA level and not at the dealer level.

The exact same thing happened with me during my second service done at Pride motors, Hyderabad.

The car came back with a messed up alignment. The car moves slightly to the right when the steering is at centre position. May the equipment installed by FCA at the dealers is faulty?

But I intend to get it fixed at the same service centre. Why did you go to an outside shop?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st July 2019 at 11:41. Reason: Spacing
Old 9th July 2019, 11:31   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The issue seems to be at FCA level and not at the dealer level. The exact same thing happened with me during my second service done at Pride motors, Hyderabad
If this is a common phenomenon across dealers then the issue could be with incorrect alignment specs i.e. toe, caster, and camber settings, being circulated by FCA. Seems to big a blunder but you never know!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 08:27   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You should & now, must ask them of the FCA people over an e-mail that how can it affect warranty?

And in case if its a dealer's job, what is Jeep India going to do about it?
I have dropped them an email but yet to get a response. During my Linea days, I always did the WA/WB outside and didn't face any issues with warranty claims. Lets see what FCA says this time.

Quote:
The issue seems to be at FCA level and not at the dealer level.
The exact same thing happened with me during my second service done at Pride motors, Hyderabad.
The car came back with a messed up alignment. The car moves slightly to the right when the steering is at centre position. May the equipment installed by FCA at the dealers is faulty?
For me if I keep straight it will go left. Maybe don't have well trained people to perform this task.

Quote:
But I intend to get it fixed at the same service centre. Why did you go to an outside shop?
Its a new service center and I didn't have the confidence to go there again to get this rectified. They are refunding the alignment cost which they had billed earlier.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th July 2019 at 11:29. Reason: typo corrected
Old 10th July 2019, 15:30   #1400
BHPian

I have done two alignments at the service center and have no problems so far. I don't think FCA has gone wrong with the settings. This is not a kind of problem that can go undetected for two years.

Alignment is something that technicians screw up quite often. Just keep an eye on irregular tyre wear. Maybe have a self checkup routine scheduled every Sunday or so.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 07:41   #1401
BHPian

Last month did an eighteen day 8 k km trip from Kerala to spiti valley ( return after visiting Wagah border)

All kinds of roads - good ones, bad ones, single lanes, two lanes, four lanes, expressways and no roads...

Compass performed very well. It munched miles like anything in expressways, it did very well in some of the most unforgiving terrains I've ever driven.( Had a Tyre burst at kunzum pass@ 15000 ft )
jojoinassi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 11:35   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Last month did an eighteen day 8 k km trip from Kerala to spiti valley ( return after visiting Wagah border)

All kinds of roads - good ones, bad ones, single lanes, two lanes, four lanes, expressways and no roads...

Compass performed very well. It munched miles like anything in expressways, it did very well in some of the most unforgiving terrains I've ever driven.( Had a Tyre burst at kunzum pass@ 15000 ft )
For those doubters of the Petrol engine... I was lucky to participate in the Spiti part of this trip as well, and in a Petrol AT.

Though I won't like to bring up anything about burst tyres and punctures...

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 15th July 2019 at 11:37.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 19:31   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this a new trend or just an one off case?

Idle manpower put to use

Quote:
When it comes to celebrating a vehicle purchase, dealerships across the country have upped their game. In the world of customer-centric activity, there are celebrations galore. This extends to cutting a cake, plenty of selfies and photographs, bouquets, glitter bombs, and friendly staff camaraderie.

So when Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu visited the Mumbai Jeep showroom, she was part of an enthusiastically put together dance routine.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th July 2019 at 19:59.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 21:31   #1404
BHPian

Hopefully they do this for every customer .
By the way, what's with the bad photoshop work at the end of the video? I'm curious what they had to remove from the photos.
Old 19th July 2019, 21:58   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is this a new trend or just an one off case?
I will say some nice efforts from the Dealership. Everyone must have got training before performing such moves

Obviously, they can't do for everyone, overall good work

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th July 2019 at 22:00.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 14:17   #1406
BHPian

Has anyone remapped their compass? I've seen several being done by petes and autopsyche, but I've not been able to find any reviews.
Old 21st July 2019, 08:53   #1407
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Remember the famous Jeep Compass billboard on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway? Well, the car got a fresh coat of paint and a Trailhawk update!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img1206.jpg
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 23:14   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Has anyone remapped their compass? I've seen several being done by petes and autopsyche, but I've not been able to find any reviews.
Can you please share further details. As in where did you see the compass getting remapped? Is the remapping being done through OBD or the ECU needs to be removed?
Old 22nd July 2019, 02:10   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share further details. As in where did you see the compass getting remapped? Is the remapping being done through OBD or the ECU needs to be removed?
It's on autopsyche's Instagram, as well as on cartoq's website. Try googling it, that's how I found it. I contacted autopsyche about it, and they told me that code 6 will be able to do it as well. I've yet to get into touch with them. They've detailed the changes done, it includes a remap as well as lowering of the car, along with an air filter and borla exhaust system. The claimed gains are 200bhp and 400NM of torque, although on the dyno, both the stock and remap gains are lesser than claimed, but nonetheless, there is a significant gain post remap. However, I've not seen any reviews of how the car performs after modifications, which is what I'm looking for.
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:18   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Affordable Jeep Compass diesel-AT to launch before Diwali

Quote:
The same 2.0-litre diesel engine and 9-speed automatic that debuted on the Compass Trailhawk will be used on the standard Compass; expected to be available in lower- and mid-spec variants only.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2019 at 13:19.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks