Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 15:55   #1291
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Your car looks really amazing but i am withholding my purchase until the diesel automatic shows up .
Exactly the same reason why I haven't purchased the Compass yet - Diesel Automatic.
But now it has become so late that more better & newer option of cars seem to be coming to market. Sigh !
Old 4th April 2019, 19:51   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Exactly the same reason why I haven't purchased the Compass yet - Diesel Automatic.

But now it has become so late that more better & newer option of cars seem to be coming to market. Sigh !

One interesting thing though - post discounts, the BMW X1 (10-12 lacs discount) may not be very far from the top Jeep Compass automatic variant. So, that may be an option for you too...
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 20:26   #1293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
We took the delivery of our Compass (Limited Option 4x4) yesterday. A big upgrade from Linea. Hoping for a nice a trouble free ownership .
Beautiful machine Arun Josie. Congratulations.

Compass in red is still one car that turns my head every single time, though I've started getting used to the other colours on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
One interesting thing though - post discounts, the BMW X1 (10-12 lacs discount) may not be very far from the top Jeep Compass automatic variant. So, that may be an option for you too...
Totally different ballgame - because maintaining a BMW (even with BSI) and the associated societal impact is way different than owning a Compass.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 21:10   #1294
BANNED

Quote:
We took the delivery of our Compass (Limited Option 4x4) yesterday. A big upgrade from Linea. Hoping for a nice a trouble free ownership .
Congratulations buddy. Married again from the same family . Wishing you a lot of joyful miles.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 21:45   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I have always said the same. Jeep has literally put themselves in this position thanks to the pricing strategy. The Diesel AT top end would touch 30L OTR Delhi. The X1 top end (non M sport) costs around 44L OTR Delhi. A 12L discount takes that figure bang in the territory of the Compass Diesel AT. I would certainly pick the X1 over the Compass for the sheer driving pleasure alone, leave aside the badge and all.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 23:17   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Congrats man. Please open a new detailed ownership thread - because you do a stellar job of sharing information about your drives!
Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, I am planning to write one but it may take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Beautiful machine Arun Josie. Congratulations.

Compass in red is still one car that turns my head every single time, though I've started getting used to the other colours on offer.
Thanks again Sujai! My favorite colour too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations buddy. Married again from the same family . Wishing you a lot of joyful miles.
First innings was successful. So, this ended up as a straightforward decision
Old 5th April 2019, 09:03   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the Jeep club, sir! The Compass is a worthy upgrade to your Linea. Red Compass looks very hot and we wanted one in red when we bought one. But then, we (my uncle) needed a car soon. With no choice went ahead with the Compass Limited in white. We still regret of not getting the red but then, we still got the car we wanted. It's been a bit more than a year and the car has done close to 30,000 kms on the odo and the car is doing its duties well.

Hope you put the AWD system on the Compass to a good use

Cheers!
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 18:04   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Welcome to the Jeep club, sir! The Compass is a worthy upgrade to your Linea. Red Compass looks very hot and we wanted one in red when we bought one. But then, we (my uncle) needed a car soon. With no choice went ahead with the Compass Limited in white. We still regret of not getting the red but then, we still got the car we wanted. It's been a bit more than a year and the car has done close to 30,000 kms on the odo and the car is doing its duties well.

Hope you put the AWD system on the Compass to a good use

Cheers!
Thanks Varun

Good to hear about the trouble-free ownership of your uncle's Compass. Yes, at the end of the day it's the driving experience that keeps us happy than the colour of the car
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 21:42   #1299
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Compass with my cousin. Except for the stiffer ride, we were impressed. If only there had been a Diesel Auto. Few pictures of new Sport plus trim from the showroom:
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190406_122538.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190406_122604.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190406_125041.jpg  

akhil_rpmlover is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:04   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO Reset issue:

During delivery, the ODO was @11Kms, later after driving around 15Kms I refueled and reset the trip meters. This means, the ODO would have been around 26 Kms. And the trip A/trip meters @ Zero.

After driving few Kms, I noticed that ODO was same as the trip A/ trip B meter. This means that I somehow reset the ODO when I reset the trip A/ tripB meter.

I have reset the trips meter again but now the ODO number is intact. So, it looks like the ODO can be reset once. Before the first reset the ODO had a "H" as prefix. But after reset, this "H" has disappeared.

Has anyone noticed this? I have updated the service center guys (PPS Motors) and awaiting their response.

I am not sure on what action of mine reset the ODO, since I was exploring the different options available on the dashboard and the buttons in the steering wheel.

Last edited by arun_josie : 8th April 2019 at 12:08.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:31   #1301
Senior - BHPian

I think this is called a transport mode. All Morden cars can be reset to zero once in the life time. This reset will not work once the car has crossed 200-250 kms( probably varies based on the manufacturer). Nothing to be worried about.

Congratulations on the beast. Drive safe

Cheers.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 13:39   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ODO Reset issue:...
I'm surprised you didn't know about the "H" having owned a Fiat car before this.
  • The H is present when the car comes out from the factory
  • The odometer can be reset only once when this H is present. After the reset, the 'H' won't be displayed again.
  • If you do not reset, it disappears automatically when ODO crosses 200km.

They have created a cushion of 200kms for vehicle movement after it is manufactured till it is delivered tot he customer. For example driving the car within in their factory, during transportation, in the dealer yard, showroom etc.
Basically the dealer can reset the ODO to zero at the time of delivering to the customer. But most of them do not do it to show that it is not even reset once. If it is reset, there is no way to find out when it was done. The actual mileage would be X kms (some reading below 200 km) + new odo reading.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th April 2019 at 13:52.
hemanth.anand is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 14:24   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I'm surprised you didn't know about the "H" having owned a Fiat car before this.
  • The H is present when the car comes out from the factory
  • The odometer can be reset only once when this H is present. After the reset, the 'H' won't be displayed again.
  • If you do not reset, it disappears automatically when ODO crosses 200km.
I am very much aware about the "H" indication in Fiat, but I didn't know that there is an option to reset the ODO.

Yes, in Linea the "H" disappeared at around 200Kms.
Old 8th April 2019, 19:38   #1304
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Took a test drive of the Compass with my cousin. Except for the stiffer ride, we were impressed. If only there had been a Diesel Auto. Few pictures of new Sport plus trim from the showroom:
Hi could you give your feedback on whether the suspension is stiffer than Creta and BRV?
Old 8th April 2019, 22:29   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

0-100 : Jeep Compass 2.0 MJD (2WD)

Autocar: 9.97 seconds
Zigwheels: 10.03 seconds

I believe this is new data , they had done it during comparison shootout with other SUVs.

I remember the timing was mid 11s for 4WD Compass , when it was launched. Jeep had also updated the ECU map for Compass. Lesser weight + Updated map should have helped in improving the timing by almost 1.5 seconds .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks