Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 20:34   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Can anyone help me find LED replacement for the bulbs with the same specifications as given below. Preferably from a reputed company, I plan to upgrade DRL, interior lighting.
Model: Compass Sport.
Any leads? Haven't had any luck finding it out myself.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2018 at 20:35. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 21st September 2018, 08:12   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
That looks awesome. Where did you get it from. Jeep should offer this as an option atleast.
This one's from Ali express. Got it during a sale. Available in eBay also. But no shipping to India. Had seen the black grill in the trail hawk variants and loved it.
Hope Jeep India brings this as an official accessory
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 13:12   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a audible click noise while shifting gears, 1-2, 2-3 and so on. The noise is prominent when I release the clutch slightly faster. The noise is also heard when I suddenly accelerate after coasting at idle rpm.
A team from Jeep India will be visiting us tomorrow to have a look at the issue.

Will update you guys.

Last edited by ampere : 14th October 2018 at 22:33. Reason: compacted quoted post
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:58   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A team from Jeep India will be visiting us tomorrow to have a look at the issue.

Will update you guys.
Service advisor and a technician visited us. We went for a short drive, where I was able to recreate the noise. The return leg was driven by the service advisor, with him driving, the noise was prominent during 2-3 gear shift.

Diagnosis
The sound is due to sudden torque surge and is from the drive shaft coupling.

Further action
They promised to do a thorough checkup once the vehicle is back at the service centre.

My take
It is quite disheartening to find such a noise from a brand new vehicle, I can work around the problem with a small tweak in my driving style but that is beyond the point.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 11:21   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Diagnosis
The sound is due to sudden torque surge and is from the drive shaft coupling.
Thanks for the update. I too have observed this sound during gear change, almost from day one (mine is Limited 4x2). Somehow missed to raise this point during my service visits. Please update if there is any resolution.

Did the 15K service recently at KHT Prime, Whitefield. Charges came to around 12,000 (routine stuff like engine oil change, filter change etc.).
motorsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 07:51   #1161
BHPian

My compass had a recent issue where it showed errors with 4x4, hill climb assist and traction control on the screen. It happened once and disappeared after just a few minutes.

It came back after a few days and stayed on.

Took the vehicle to Hyson Motors for service.

The issue diagnosed was a faulty tire speed sensor. Apparently there's one on each wheel, of which one was faulty. The sensor was replaced at no cost under warranty. The diagnosis and repair process was completed on the same day.

Everything's back to normal now.
di1in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 15:24   #1162
BHPian

Hello Folks - Any rumour or news on when is automatic diesel expected?
Old 11th October 2018, 16:07   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Hello Folks - Any rumour or news on when is automatic diesel expected?

We are all growing old waiting for the Compass diesel automatic.:

The last I heard was that Jeep is recalibrating their engines for BS6. I guess the automatic will be out with this version.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 09:37   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
We are all growing old waiting for the Compass diesel automatic.:

The last I heard was that Jeep is recalibrating their engines for BS6. I guess the automatic will be out with this version.
Thanks. BS6 will be effective in April 2020, they gonna wait for that

Also, any indicative positioning, would automatic diesel be priced above limited plus (+25L OTR range ?)
Old 14th October 2018, 19:31   #1165
Senior - BHPian

For people looking for options related to Headlight Upgrade for the Jeep Compass 4x2 Limited, my Uncle recently upgraded his Jeep to the Morimoto HIDs + FE Retrofit Projector Fog Lamps.

A detailed report related to this upgrade has been posted in the "Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories" section here: URL
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 16:56   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass with radi8 wheels :
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 10:23   #1167
BHPian

Just completed my service a few weeks back at around 14K+. Now getting an "Oil change required" pop up occasionally for around 5sec. Called up Jeep service, waiting to hear back from them. Anyone else here faced a similar issue?
Old 29th October 2018, 13:44   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Just completed my service a few weeks back at around 14K+. Now getting an "Oil change required" pop up occasionally for around 5sec. Called up Jeep service, waiting to hear back from them. Anyone else here faced a similar issue?
Perhaps they forgot to reset the service reminder alert. They are supposed to reset it after completing the service. Best to get it checked though since it could be something else too. Do check the oil level as soon as possible.
Old 30th October 2018, 19:35   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
So I went on to an almost empty road and pulled the parking brake at around 50-60 kmph. Much to my surprise, the electronic brakes did not fully engage and retracted itself. I felt a strong jerk because of it (similar to what happens when the car suddenly turns off during gear change) but still didn't lose control at all.
I might not wanna try it again but at least I am better prepared if that ever happens by mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
What if the parking brake switch was accidentally pressed. To get around this, there should be a two step system. One for activating the parking brake system and the second to engage the brake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smnaren View Post
while i was travelling in hills around 40Km/hr, my younger daughter pressed it unknowingly, suddenly vehicle was halted with Dynamic Brake enabled message. Since there was no vehicle behind and i was going slowly, didnt face any issue.
I also had similar doubt in my regarding the electronic park brake, what will happen if I engage it while going at a 30kmph. I tried the same, the vehicle slowed down as if you are braking hard, 'dynamic braking system activated' got displayed on the MID. The vehicle stopped decelerating after I released the EPB.

This system is quite different from a conventional parking brake system, in the later if I pull the handbrake the rear wheels will get locked whereas here it's as if you are doing a panic braking maneuver.

Took out the manual and found the following.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5870.jpg

Old 1st November 2018, 15:16   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
I also had similar doubt in my regarding the electronic park brake, what will happen if I engage it while going at a 30kmph. I tried the same, the vehicle slowed down as if you are braking hard, 'dynamic braking system activated' got displayed on the MID. The vehicle stopped decelerating after I released the EPB.

[/center]
Thanks. One question: when you said it slowed down as if you braked hard, did it brake hard enough for the jerk before ABS engaged?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks