Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 08:26   #1336
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Yes. The 2 sides adhesive tape has solved the rattle problem. I would suggest 2 square patches of tape on the two bottom corners. A strip right across the number plate will hamper the flow ( or drainage ) of water in the rains or during a wash.
RedRaider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 21:11   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

First Service done @ PPS Motors (Hosur Road, Near Electronic City):

The ODO has crossed 4500 Kms and so I decided to get the first free service done.

No complaints as the car is running perfectly fine. There is a mild rattle noise from the driver side door panel though. However this is very intermittent and happens only on rough roads. During the trial run with the SA, we tried to replicate this issue but despite multiple attempts the noise never came up. So, I asked them to ignore this for now.

Apart from this a complete checkup was done.

They offered foam wash which I didn't want to do and asked them to just vacuum the interior. Overall, the experience was good.

Being free service with no replacements of parts, the bill was Zero. Next servicing is at 15K Kms.

After a water wash.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20190430_121812190_hdr.jpg

This was captured near Kanyakumari. Also, tested sand mode for the first time .
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20190420_062116.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 22:10   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
[b]First Service done
The ODO has crossed 4500 Kms and so I decided to get the first free service done.

Being free service with no replacements of parts, the bill was Zero. Next servicing is at 15K Kms.
Hi Arun
Just curious - There is no mention of Engine Oil change.
Isn't it mandatory to change Engine Oil in 1st service? Or Jeep doesn't recommend it? Or it was done but not billed to you.

I'm sorry if I missed any post in between and you already did the engine oil change earlier.
Old 1st May 2019, 04:50   #1339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Hi Arun
Just curious - There is no mention of Engine Oil change.
Isn't it mandatory to change Engine Oil in 1st service? Or Jeep doesn't recommend it? Or it was done but not billed to you.

I'm sorry if I missed any post in between and you already did the engine oil change earlier.
Engine oil replacement is every 15K Kms. There is no replacements during first service unless something has gone wrong.
Old 1st May 2019, 18:12   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post

It is a very good car but I don't think petrol auto will find many takers considering the dismal fuel efficiency. The SA said that Trailhawk is expected around mid of this year and it will be launched with automatic. Hopefully, that will be exciting and priced better.
The SA just called and confirmed that Trailhawk will be launched later this month. They expect the demo vehicles at the showroom around the third week. They are taking bookings right now but I sense it's an unoficial booking. He had no insight on the pricing. Since I expect it to be much beyond my budget, I didn't probe him for any details. But at least, it's finally getting launched.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 07:10   #1341
BHPian

Having used Chevrolet Optra (KA51MA 2200) for the last 9 years, we have nothing to complain about the car. I have always said that if you take care of your car- the car will never let you down. I have been driving a lot in this car but could not update this forum- my bad

Optra TCDi is one car I could take out without hesitation and drive as long as I want even after 9 years. In Sep 2018- I drove from Bhopal to Ludhiana in 19 hours without turning off the engine and the only break was to tank up. I promise to share more about the trip and Optra in other posts.

It's been sometime that wifey has been insisting on buying a new car that will be used for commute within Delhi and occasional road trips. We looked at various vehicles available in market but the 2 of us never agreed on same car until Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4x2. I checked the car for safety and mechanical set up and wifey loved the interiors, panaromic sunroof, electric seat adjusters & car play. This purchase is a win-win situation for both of us.

We test drove the vehicle with Landmark Jeep Delhi but the challenge of shorter (10 year) registration in NCR for diesel vehicles pushed me to look for alternatives.

I have all the necessary documents to purchase vehicle from Punjab. So, the decision was made to buy Red Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4x2 D form Goyal Jeep Ludhiana. As the road tax is lesser in Punjab, so I insisted in using the saved up money to buy a fancy number and agreed on PB09 xx 1000 n

I am excited and all set to take delivery on Apr 11, 2019. The only drawback to this process- wifey is upset that car will be driven for approx 400 kms on day 1

But being a petrol head- what can be a better thing to do when we buy a new car- just drive for 400 or more KMs

Purchase and Delivery Experience:
Booking and Delivery experience with Goyal Jeep Ludhiana & Jalandhar was seamless. I had visited the showroom twice- once to inspect the wheel and finally to roll it out of the showroom.

A few oddities at time of Delivery:

a) Number plate was not ready even though the number was known at least a week ago
b) no ribbons, balloons while there was cake cutting ceremony
c) Warranty card is still with showroom as they missed inserting one in the docket
d) Delivery area of Goyal Jeep is #blah

In the joy of rolling out the Jeep, all the above pointers became meaningless. Drove the Jeep home on Apr 11 with a plan to drive it to Delhi on Apr 12.

On the 360 KM trip to Delhi, I maintained speed of 80-90 KMPH and the vehicle returned mileage of 24 KMPL

So far, the Jeep has been driven approx. 1000 KMs and returned mileage of 16 KMPL (mix of high way and Delhi traffic driving)

Since the purchase, we have been asked multiple times why Jeep Compass? Did we consider Tata Harrier? So, I will try to address those and list reasons for this purchase:

a) Higher engine performance at 170 BHP and 350 NM
b) Frequency sensitive dampners for better ride quality
c) Electronic Park Brake- very useful feature as both wifey & I use hand brakes at traffic signal

Why Limited Plus trim?

a) Panoramic Sunroof
b) 18" dual tone alloy wheels
c) Bi Xenon headlights
d) Rain Sensing Wipers
e) Auto Headlamps
f) 8" infotainment screen with Apple CaPlay

I would have preferred electronic tail gate over auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers. But for now we have got a great package at this price point. Looking forward to burning a lot of rubber with this Jeep!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-del.png  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_0807.jpg  

drive_or_die is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:20   #1342
BHPian

Jeep Compass facelift to get 1.3L FireFly Turbo engine; Launch in 2020

Quote:
The report further claims that the Jeep Compass facelift will receive the new 1.3-litre FireFly turbo engine. This engine currently powers the Jeep Renegade facelift. The new 1.3L FireFly turbo engine will come as a replacement for the ageing 1.4-litre MultiAir2 Turbo engine. The new 1.3-litre FireFly is a 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which is currently developed at the FCA powertrain plant in Bielsko-Biala (Poland). This engine offers two states of tunes – 150PS/270Nm and 180PS/270Nm. The engine in lower state of tune will be paired to a 6-speed dual-dry clutch transmission, while the powerful version will be coupled to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:39   #1343
Senior - BHPian

ABS, Hill hold, steering and few other errors being shown on the first startup of the day. The error message got cleared after few minutes. No perceivable difference in steering, even though it was showing steering error.

Happened twice so far. Will get it checked tomorrow, meanwhile has anyone faced similar issue?

Possible cause?
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:58   #1344
Senior - BHPian

so many errors together one fine morning indicates battery discharge. Check your battery health using multimeter and hydrometer or else take it to an FNG to check the battery and if battery is healthy then to a mechanic with a high-end dealer-level OBD scanner to diagnose any other reasons behind the errors. But first check battery.
lurker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 11:42   #1345
BHPian

Guys, need help decoding the VIN numbers for two cars that we booked. There's an Asterix where the month code should have been. I did go through the VIN decoding page but couldn't find much details.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20190504wa0000.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 15:51   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Guys, need help decoding the VIN numbers for two cars that we booked. There's an Asterix where the month code should have been. I did go through the VIN decoding page but couldn't find much details.
*3K is March 2019

*4K is April 2019

Verify this with the dealer as well.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 21:52   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Happened twice so far. Will get it checked tomorrow, meanwhile has anyone faced similar issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
But first check battery.
Apparently not. The issue was the right rear speed sensor. They first tried cleaning it, but the issue cropped up within 6 kilometres of the test drive. So, they replaced it under warranty. The whole exercise took under 2 hours

Last edited by ampere : 5th May 2019 at 09:38. Reason: fixed quoted post
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 21:07   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Jeep doing its bit for the Indian Election. Really a nice initiative.

Courtesy Jeep India.

Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 17:47   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

FCA India partners with ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services to offer leasing solutions. This will include Compass as well.

As per the release, the two companies together with their leasing solutions will incorporate a range of benefits, including road tax payments, insurance and renewals, breakdown assistance, accident repairs, end-to-end maintenance and the pay-as-per-use model for a period of two to five years.

Source: https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...tions/69252668
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 10:10   #1350
BHPian

Update on 1 month of ownership and 2000K driven:

It's been a month that we took delivery of Red Jeep and managed to drive it for 2000 KMs. The most recent trip of approx 800 KM was from New Delhi to Chandigarh to Sangrur (Punjab) to Chandigarh and back to Delhi

I used this trip to learn more about the Jeep and mind you that I am Sedan biased driver, so you may find some pointers as standard SUV characteristics.

Distance Covered: 820 KM
Mileage output: 19.7 KMPL
Average Speeds: 80-90 KMPH
Road conditions: 4 lanes with some uneven patches especially Ambala- Delhi stretch

Power & Performance: During this trip, the Jeep put a smile on my face with it's performance. It behaves best on highways and delivers a linear power surge for you to maintain speeds and you will find overtaking easy in this vehicle. Throughout the trip, I was never falling short of the power. It has an eager engine and can take you to triple digit speeds before you realise.

Jeep Compass pulls best in 3rd gear for me as it moves between 30KMPH and 80 KMPH without stressing the engine.

Braking: Brakes are confidence inspiring. Had couple of occasions that required hard braking and Jeep did not let me down.
I make use of engine brakes quite a lot while driving and I need to get used to engine braking for Jeep Compass. It's softer to my taste and less confidence inspiring for me. But the disc brakes do a great job- maybe with jeep I need to get used to use middle paddle more often

Handling, driving comfort & Suspension: Being a sedan biased driver, I was expecting a lot of body roll. Yes, it has body roll but something that I can live with it. Overall driving was comfortable given a lot of equipment has been used to smoothen your ride. The seats are a tad stiff but it helps in long drives and keeps you comfortable. The car does behaves steady on good highway roads but gets wobbly at higher speeds on uneven roads.

The road between Ambala and Delhi has become uneven as tar has moved due to heat and traffic load. But I may be complaining too much about it being wobbly- it is a characteristic of SUV and I have accepted it.

From handling and cornering perspective, the Jeep performs well. Not as nimble as sedan but it takes corners pretty well. I came across some curvy flyovers and roads and tested Jeep for handling. It handled pretty well even at 80 KMPH.

The more I drive Jeep, the more it grows on me. Jeep Compass is a very good companion for driving cross country.

Cheers and Happy Miles!
drive_or_die is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks