Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 16:29   #2311
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantk View Post
Hi fats&curious and Behemoth,

Just curious, why do you need/have phone to be mounted? For maps, I use the compass inbuilt screen via android auto; and in case I have to make a call while driving I use voice commands and android auto obliges. So far I have not needed the phone screen to be touched and I keep my phone down in the bay. Am I missing something?
Hey man, I need it to be mounted for efficient use of space. My phone currently lies in the little space below the various AC / VOL buttons. But considering the massive size in which the MAX versions of iPhones come in, it just about fits there. So having it on a magnetic mount will not only make the space open up for say change and some other stuff, but will also look better (to me).

Agree with you that the phone isn't really required to be used and Siri takes care of every function that I need to use while driving.
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:28   #2312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
This is not exactly a post that pertains to a new Compass, but thought of putting it here for more visibility.

I was considering a pre-owned Jeep Compass, petrol or diesel(haven't decided although daily run is not much). Most 2-3 year old pre-owned Compasses have usually done more than 50k-60k kms. My question is, how bad does the maintenance get post 60k kms especially when it comes to replacing high-priced components. Of course, I'll try to look for one that has run less but 60k km will come soon even if it has lower numbers on the odometer.
The first major service is at 75K Kms, this includes timing belt replacement. This service costs around 25K (normal service + timing belt replacement).

60K service costed me 13,300/-, I have posted the details in my ownership report,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4994160

Last edited by arun_josie : 12th February 2021 at 12:31.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 20:26   #2313
Distinguished - BHPian

A formation during the Valentines days drive organized by the Bangalore Jeep club

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bjc.jpg

And a trail drive after the formation

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bjc2.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 22:04   #2314
BHPian

Hey Jeepers, after two months of driving my Compass MT 2.0 I’m beginning to dislike the engine sound quite a lot. Every time I drive with music off, which I like to once in a while, the sound irritates me. The note isn’t a good one at least to my years. Not sure if it’s just my Compass.
fast&curious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 14:39   #2315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Hey Jeepers, after two months of driving my Compass MT 2.0 I’m beginning to dislike the engine sound quite a lot. Every time I drive with music off, which I like to once in a while, the sound irritates me. The note isn’t a good one at least to my years. Not sure if it’s just my Compass.
I faced this after 50K Kms, the engine sound was little louder. However after after the 60K servicing it is better now.

Are you feeling the same from day 1? How much Kms have you done so far?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 16:07   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Try changing the diesel , like try reliance or Indian oil diesel . As per my experience diesel of these oil companies makes the engine quieter than say Essar. Also you can try adding some diesel additive like system D etc. It will clean injectors and will reduce the engine clatter.
Sandeep500 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:29   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I faced this after 50K Kms, the engine sound was little louder. However after after the 60K servicing it is better now.

Are you feeling the same from day 1? How much Kms have you done so far?
I've only done around 5K, i've started noticing it more now (not sure if this sound wasn't there before). It seems as if there's a belt or something that's not properly lubricated which is making this sound. Also every time I come to a halt from 40kmph or so, there's a sound mostly from the right tyre. I guess I'll have to take it to the dealership once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Try changing the diesel, like try reliance or Indian oil diesel. As per my experience diesel of these oil companies makes the engine quieter than say Essar. Also you can try adding some diesel additive like system D etc. It will clean injectors and will reduce the engine clatter.
I'll try that, I've mostly used Indian Oil or HP. Reliance and Essar don't have pumps where I live, so I only have BP left as an option.
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:08   #2318
BHPian

Jeepers, need help on another matter. My car is mostly parked in an open parking space in the society, which has some trees but most of the space is open.

I try to park it away from the trees as there are chances of bird bombs landing on my car if they're directly under the trees and also dry leaves and twigs that often find their way onto the car. So at most times my car is parked in the open under a harsh Gurgaon sun and dust from monstrous constructions happening right next to my society near Cyber City.

Right now since I'm mostly working from home and will use my car perhaps only 2-3 times a week, I'm thinking of investing in a decent cover. I'm limiting my budged to 2.5-3k.

Jeep sells their branded cover for 4500, while I've found an alternative on Polco (a website I landed after reading the name on tbhp) - https://www.polcoindia.com/details/p...-series#slide3

I'm not 100% sure whether I should go for a cover, I'm 90% there. I feel that once the new enthusiasm wears off, I might find it cumbersome to put on and take off the cover.

For my cleaning, I use a Jopasu duster when I see some dust on the car, occasionally get it washed at a washing centre, have asked the car cleaning guy to not wash it everyday and only wash it in front of my eyes, maybe once a week with a microfibre cloth and a shampoo that I give him. I also apply a coat or two of Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine every few weeks. That's all the car care that I am capable of.

So my question to you, Jeepers
1. Should I get a cover?
2. Which one should I get that's not exorbitantly expensive but will also protect my car against the elements and not scratch it as well.
3. Any tips while using the cover to minimize or eliminate scratching?
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:12   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I am using a magnetic flush mount - it is basically just a strong magnet which holds the phone. I have installed it on the glossy part below the Touchscreen and generally keep the phone there Horizontally. I am using a brand called Scosche (ironically it has become very expensive now! But it is quite good)
You can check out another product which is also rated highly.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089G67DG5/...NFBP4PBQ474FG0
Hey @Behemoth, if possible please share photos of this installation.
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:43   #2320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Right now since I'm mostly working from home and will use my car perhaps only 2-3 times a week, I'm thinking of investing in a decent cover. I'm limiting my budged to 2.5-3k.

I'm not 100% sure whether I should go for a cover, I'm 90% there. I feel that once the new enthusiasm wears off, I might find it cumbersome to put on and take off the cover.
If you are going to take the car out 2-3 times a week, then in my opinion it is better to stay away from covers. That too when you are not sure about using it regularly.

I will be worried about the scratches and also if not folded properly, it will take away good amount of space from the boot.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:46   #2321
BHPian

Anyone purchased extended warranty for Compass? Will Jeep provide any warranty paper or card or is it just updated in their system?
Old 24th February 2021, 13:10   #2322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey @Behemoth, if possible please share photos of this installation.
This is where I have stuck it on mine and how it looks. I keep my phone stuck on it when driving. Some people were asking why I don't use Android Auto all the time with cable plugged in: well I dont like the cable dangling around the gear shift and prefer to set navigation on my phone and connect it to bluetooth. I somehow find this more convenient than android auto

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20210224_121219.jpg

Also to answer your questions on the car cover. I had bought the Jeep Original Car cover and in the past 3.5 years, it has been used only once! It is extremely cumbersome to take off/ put on and I doubt you would like to do this exercise frequently. After you have it covered for a few days the cover itself is full of dust and when you take it off you will be full of dust and your clothes will be all dirty! I find it better to just keep the car open and have the car cleaner clean it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Anyone purchased extended warranty for Compass? Will Jeep provide any warranty paper or card or is it just updated in their system?
Yes I have taken the extended warranty and they do provide a paper receipt with the details.

Last edited by Behemoth : 24th February 2021 at 13:15.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 13:20   #2323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
You will get a certificate with the below details,

Jeep Compass : Official Review-capture.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 09:53   #2324
BHPian

Would this be the tape coming off? I assumed that the dual tone roof was actually painted. This seems like a tape that’s begun to come off. Noticed this while cleaning the car today. It’s right between the spoiler and the roof.

Btw it’s just been 3 months since I got this car.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-fe4cf51943a841e0a3a8fcc747253e32.jpeg

The tape coming off.
Old 27th February 2021, 20:46   #2325
Distinguished - BHPian

Wheel lug nut issue

Wheel lug nut issue:

Jeep Compass comes with a lug nut which has a chrome type cap covering on top. So, while tightening these nuts if you use a gun with higher torque, then the cap on top of the nut can get misaligned. If this happens, then it will be difficult to remove the nut. So, make sure that the lug wrench /wheel spanner in your tool kit fits in to all the lug nuts properly. If it doesn't then it will be difficult to loosen the lug nut. So, better to replace the ones with issue. Else if you are on the highway with a flat tyre + a damaged lug nut, you will find it very difficult to remove the tyre.

Recently someone faced this issue and got stranded on the highway. So, better to be proactive especially if you drive frequently on highway.

Ecosport comes with a similar lug nut type as well. I am not sure on which other cars gets this.

Last edited by arun_josie : 27th February 2021 at 20:54.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks