Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:16   #4621
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
I was looking to buy a used JC the newer facelifted model. The petrol version AT starts around 16-19. What are the issues I should lookout for/ expect during my ownership. I plan to use the car for further 3-4 years across India so I would expect it to not leave me stranded. Do share your opinions.
Firstly, could you share your expectations for this car and your reasons for wanting to own one?

1. J.C (P) differs significantly from (Di), especially since there are currently no petrol variants available from the manufacturer. There have been rumors of a 1.3L engine since late 2023, but no launch date has been confirmed yet.
2. The (Di) model boasts better suspension and ride quality, while maintaining the same build quality.
3. The DDCT gearbox requires careful handling to avoid hefty repair costs if the warranty is voided. However, as long as warranty terms are followed, replacements should be straightforward.
4. Maintenance costs are comparable to those of German petrol models.
5. Mileage feedback indicates 4-10 kmpl in the city and 10-14 kmpl on highways.
6. The ventilated seats are available in the Model S variant only.
7. The Uconnect and Jeep Life App are annoying at times due to bug issues and Jeep is still figuring out at a snail speed.
8. Wireless Charging is slow and the placement must be precise to initiate the charging and needs constant attention whether the phone is getting charged.
9. Battery maintenance every6 months is mandate to avoid uncertain scenarios with family.
10. RSA support needs a lot of upgrade from the brand itself and comes with it's own limitations.
11. Driving on bad roads is fun when compared with other brands.
12. Long trips are breeze on self drive.

Overall, this car is fun to drive, but you should be prepared for the cabin squeaking noise, which is characteristic of this brand. Last but not the least, it is a personal choice between more of the features and less of a safety (or) less features and utmost safety.

In conclusion, If you're getting at the price what you have just mentioned, please do visit the dealership prior to purchasing, get the history and vehicle inspected and only thereafter decide it.
Old 23rd May 2024, 19:47   #4622

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpatel90 View Post
Please check the attached user manual Page 9. It is simple and easy to do it also, if time permits to check this for other information relating to UConnect.

Sharing along is the link for downloading the manual for your kind reference.
https://www.jeep-india.com/uconnect-user-guide.html
Thanks, this was useful! Also, would you know how to change the icons from left to right in Apple CarPlay? Sharing a screenshot to show what I mean -
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-image001.png  

Old 24th May 2024, 12:22   #4623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpatel90 View Post
2. The (Di) model boasts better suspension and ride quality, while maintaining the same build quality.
I don't think there's any difference in suspension.
Old 24th May 2024, 12:56   #4624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity987 View Post
Thanks, this was useful! Also, would you know how to change the icons from left to right in Apple CarPlay? Sharing a screenshot to show what I mean -
These icons cannot be changed as the updated UConnect UI design has been set by default this way. I am not sure whether Jeep India has allowed users to rearrange icons for Apple CarPlay & Android.

My sincere apologies, since I do not use a Apple device, I seek your assistance with checking with the device settings in your phone after it is connected to the car infotainment.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 12:58   #4625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
I don't think there's any difference in suspension.
I feel happy that usual users are not able to notice this but there is a difference in the suspension struts functionality due to the reduction in the vehicle weight.

Given the opportunity, do give a test drive of both the engines and experience it on the uneven terrains for better understanding.

Looking forward to your feedback on the same.
Old 25th May 2024, 17:33   #4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. I decided not to change the alloys and went ahead with a tyre upsize to 235/55/R18. I chose the Michelin Latitude Sport 3. The ride has improved a lot and it’s now a lot better cushioned and silent as compared to the stock Bridgestone Turanza - which I feel are not very good. They became rock hard at around 22,000 km mark and kept losing pressure when vehicle was stationary. I still have not run-in the Michelins, but based on the initial experience, I’m glad I switched to a *much* better tyre, albeit an expensive one.
Hello @Harsha90, I was interested to know if the size difference caused the tyres to rub into the side walls or other wheel well areas under various driving conditions?
thank you!
Old 25th May 2024, 19:20   #4627
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegana View Post
Hello @Harsha90, I was interested to know if the size difference caused the tyres to rub into the side walls or other wheel well areas under various driving conditions?
thank you!
Not at all. No issues of friction whatsoever. But due to the difference in tire height, body roll and pitching has increased. I'm considering downsizing to 225/60/17 along with alloy change.
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 01:37   #4628

Hi Everyone

I had the first service of my Jeep Compass done today. The SA recommended doing Wheel Alignment and Wheel balancing.

I feel certain values are worse after the alignment was done. Which I have marked with red dot.

As this is the first time I have got the wheel alignment done and have limited knowledge about it Can anyone suggest if the alignment was done properly or if I need to get it done again ?
Attached Images

Old 26th May 2024, 11:55   #4629

Quote:

Hey, Unsure about how it goes in the compass but my aftermarket head unit has this option of choosing the driving side - once you choose left or right, based on this setting carplay dock switches accordingly.

But I am sure that this cannot be done on the iPhone or on the carplay settings so you had to fiddle around on the compass headunit settings to see if you find an option to switch the driving side.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5813.jpg  

Old 26th May 2024, 13:00   #4630
BHPian

Quote:

You most probably bought your iPhone from USA. The CarPlay layout is decided by country selected in iPhone settings. Please change it to India and things would be corrected. It does not depend on car setting.
Old 26th May 2024, 15:01   #4631
BHPian

Went to check out this used JC 2021 just done 11k kms with proper service till 9500 kms at the service showroom. I noticed this paint imperfection near the engine on the left and right side. Also found some small gaps in the dash. There were no creaks except one near the sunvisor hinge which stopped once I applied pressure on it. Can someone please tell me if this paint thing is common or is it repainted? Also I found a few clips in the engine bay which were not used for anything but it seemed something was there if you know what I mean. Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5945.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5939.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5940.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5938.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5934.jpeg  

Old 27th May 2024, 19:55   #4632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Hey, Unsure about how it goes in the compass but my aftermarket head unit has this option of choosing the driving side - once you choose left or right, based on this setting carplay dock switches accordingly.

But I am sure that this cannot be done on the iPhone or on the carplay settings so you had to fiddle around on the compass headunit settings to see if you find an option to switch the driving side.
Yes, that's right. I have an old vento with an aftermarket unit and I was able to choose this driving position from the unit. Nothing to do with any settings on the iPhone or Carplay settings. Tried all the settings I could find on the Compass unit, but was unable to find where to make this change, hence the post!
Old 27th May 2024, 20:01   #4633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
You most probably bought your iPhone from USA. The CarPlay layout is decided by country selected in iPhone settings. Please change it to India and things would be corrected. It does not depend on car setting.
My phone was bought in India . I have two cars, an old Vento and now this new Compass. I managed to change the settings on the Vento on an aftermarket unit using the units settings and it's really convenient with all the icons close to the driver. Was trying to do the same here on the Compass with no luck! The same phone is used on both cars, Vento shows the icons on the right and Compass shows the same icons on the left. So I am sure it is not dependent on Country settings.
Old 28th May 2024, 23:16   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Regarding the sluggish gearbox response as posted by others, I too had faced the same. Low fuel economy (10-11 Km/L) & slow acceleration below 60 km/Hr. I did a bit of research and went ahead for a remap from Wolf Moto. Their quoted post remap figures were 210 BHP & 420 Nm of torque along with a 15% increase in fuel economy. I went ahead and post remap the vehicle feels very responsive and smooth. The in cabin droning noise during acceleration has almost disappeared. The Jeep feels smoother to accelerate and reach 100 km/hr in roughly 1-1.5 seconds less, though I have not timed it. In-gear acceleration has improved tremendously and vehicle barely lags. Fuel efficiency ranges from 13-15 km/L depending on traffic and speed maintained, earlier it was around 10-11 km/L. And most importantly, gearbox seems to hold the right gear 90% of the time and even when it upshifts, there is ample torque to power up and the vehicle comes into powerband instantly.
I would suggest owners unhappy with the performance to give it a try.
Hi Harsha,

I think it's been a while since you did the remap. Just checking how is the vehicle performance as of now? Were there any other issues post the remap? Were you able to check the power figures in a dyno? Would you still vouch for remap for Compass Or Meridian?
Old 29th May 2024, 10:27   #4635
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Independent View Post
Hi Harsha,

I think it's been a while since you did the remap. Just checking how is the vehicle performance as of now? Were there any other issues post the remap? Were you able to check the power figures in a dyno? Would you still vouch for remap for Compass Or Meridian?
Hi,
Remap is holding up well. I have not done dyno runs, what matters for me is real world performance. In gear acceleration has improved drastically and engine feels sprightly at all speeds. Even the gear shifts have become more precise and doesn’t upshift early. Amazing performance and fuel efficiency is also good (14-14.5 km/L). Also other benefits like Smoother idle and overall refinement levels have improved post remap.

Definitely it’s something recommended for all Compass & Meridian owners, but you should always choose a reliable tuner. I have maintained oil change interval at 8-9,000 kms to cope up for the extra strain on the engine.
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks