Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2024, 22:24   #4576
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpatel90 View Post
Is the vehicle still under warranty/Extended Warranty?. If so, you do not need to pay anything. Please connect to me, I will do my utmost to support you within my capabilities.
Not under any warranty as of now. I only had the standard 3 years. Regret not taking the extended warranty.
Old 28th March 2024, 00:18   #4577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajindal View Post
Not under any warranty as of now. I only had the standard 3 years. Regret not taking the extended warranty.
I understand your concern. Please connect me over call, let me check in what best way I can support you.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 02:07   #4578
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Clutch issue and power loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post
I own a Jeep Compass Diesel BS-VI Variant (Night Eagle edition) which I purchased in Sept-2023. From the very initial driving experience, I felt that the pick-up/acceleration in 1st gear was very low. The vehicle managed to attain momentum from the 2nd gear onwards. I also observed that the car responded very slowly to accelerator input when cruising in 6th gear (even at speeds above 80-90 km/hour). It used to be very sluggish in acceleration at those speeds in 6th gear. Another abnormal observation was that when cruising at say ~25 km/hour in 3rd gear or ~40 km/hour in 4th gear, many times I felt sudden momentary power loss in the car when trying to accelerate further.
Different cars have different gear and clutch set up. The 2 inch play you say is good. As the clutch wears off the play reduces. First gear is supposed to be sluggish. And you cannot be driving a diesel car in 3rd gear at 25 kmph. First gear upto 15-20 kmph, 2nd gear upto 30-35 kmph. If you are cruising at 80kmph the right gear is 5th not 6th. Diesel engines like to be around the 1800-2500 rpm mark. That is when they perform the best. If you continue to drive the way you have been, the clutch will fail again. The DNA of petrol and diesel are way different. The clutch play for each car is to be understood and adjusted accordingly

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th March 2024 at 16:22. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full long post. Thank you!
AW1972 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 19:55   #4579
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Clutch issue and power loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
The DNA of petrol and diesel are way different. The clutch play for each car is to be understood and adjusted accordingly
Thank you for the guidance. I have noticed that if the vehicle speed is lower than recommended for a particular gear, the vehicle would start vibrating and I always try to avoid this to happen. I also immediately respond to the upshift/downshift commands which gets flashed sometimes on the LED display.

The issue with the clutch was there from Day-1 after taking initial delivery which now got resolved after the clutch disc replacement.

I am finding your suggestions regarding the right speed/gear/rpm very useful and would be ensuring the right speed for the right gear.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 14:06   #4580
BHPian

Dear Jeepers, I got a orange message that says "HOLD!" on the jeep dashboard today. I had not seen this before. I did look up the copy of my manual but it does not talk about it. Mine is 2021 Jeep 4x4 Auto. Has anybody seen this before and any clue as to how serious this is?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeephold.jpg

Regards,

-Sameer.
Old 7th April 2024, 02:35   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Dear Jeepers, I got a orange message that says "HOLD!" on the jeep dashboard today.
Failure of Auto Hold function. A trip to the service centre may be in order. Might be as simple as the brakes needing service or something more serious than this.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 08:31   #4582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jeepers, I got a orange message that says "HOLD!" on the jeep dashboard today. I had not seen this before. I did look up the copy of my manual but it does not talk about it. Mine is 2021 Jeep 4x4 Auto. Has anybody seen this before and any clue as to how serious this is?
Battery. You might need to change your battery. That’s what happened with me.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th April 2024 at 09:07. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 09:30   #4583

Hello Fellow Jeepers,

This is my first post on the forum. I have been reading lot of comments/ reviews for quite a long time now. I am on the verge of my much awaited upgrade to a Jeep Compass and need some guidance on this from the Community.

Background:

I am currently an owner of VW-Polo GT TDI - 8 years old. It has been a fantastic companion all through my past drives. I have done Bombay Blr post covid on VW almost 10-12 times and lot of other long distance drives without much hitch. Currently the Polo is giving few issues with its age. Hence I am now at the verge of moving for an upgrade.

I have been eying on Compass for past 2-3 years but somehow managed to hold myself from the decision. In past 6 months I must have done 4-5 test drives with Jeep Compass and now ready to move ahead.

Questions:

I am looking for a 4*4 variant but it seems the model I had narrowed down to i.e. Limited (O) model has now been discontinued in 2024 variant. Now I have narrowed down on three options and thinking out aloud on how to move forward:
Option 1. - Go for top of the line Model S(O) 2024
Option 2. - Go for Limited (O) 2024 but go for 4*2 model
Option 3. - Go for Limited (O) 2023 4*4 Model from the left over inventory. In this the colour option are limited.

What would you advise on how to narrow down on the above and be a fellow jeeper

Kind regards,
Chetan R
Old 7th April 2024, 09:33   #4584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Failure of Auto Hold function. A trip to the service centre may be in order. Might be as simple as the brakes needing service or something more serious than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Battery. You might need to change your battery. That’s what happened with me.
Thanks for the pointer both of you.

Only 14K Km and just above 2 years of use. It's unfortunate what quality controls are put in place these days. For by 2006 getz, I never had to change the battey in my 8.5 years of ownership (88K Kms). Next, with Yeti, changed it after 6 years (50K Kms) . And now this. It's just sad than state than anything else.

Regards,

-Sameer.

Last edited by samyboy : 7th April 2024 at 09:35. Reason: added quote for the reply
Old 7th April 2024, 11:52   #4585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSEW-Compass View Post
Option 1. - Go for top of the line Model S(O) 2024
Option 2. - Go for Limited (O) 2024 but go for 4*2 model
Option 3. - Go for Limited (O) 2023 4*4 Model from the left over inventory. In Chetan R

I know this is going to be a very subjective topic but let me give you my rational when I made my choice.

While it really had many nice to have features, nothing in Model S (in 2021) was a must have for me. I wanted an auto-tran vehicle and hence 4 * 2 was out as it only had manual option (in 2021). Hence I went with 4 * 4 Auto. This logic may also be applicable with today's variants.

I am overall happy with my choice but I still do miss my dear Yeti at times.

All the best with your selection process.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 12:26   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For by 2006 getz, I never had to change the battey in my 8.5 years of ownership (88K Kms). Next, with Yeti, changed it after 6 years (50K Kms) . And now this. It's just sad than state than anything else.

Regards,

-Sameer.
Batteries usually lasts for 3-4 years depending on the usage. Anything more than 5 years is unlikely and your were lucky in previous cars. Now a days there is so much electronics in modern cars, it puts additional load on the battery.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 01:02   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSEW-Compass View Post
Hello Fellow Jeepers,

This is my first post on the forum. I have been reading lot of comments/ reviews for quite a long time now. I am on the verge of my much awaited upgrade to a Jeep Compass and need some guidance on this

Kind regards,
Chetan R
First list down your requirement
Do you need 4x4?
Do you like automatic or manual?
Manual is avaliable in only 4x2
Make your choice and go ahead.
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 09:56   #4588
BHPian

I have a Jeep Compass Model S (O) Diesel 4x4 (2023 make) and I have a question.

Could anyone please tell me, if the lights beside the vanity mirror actually lit up in the Indian version, when the mirror lids are opened? Or are the white patches beside the vanity mirrors are just non-functional?

For me, they don't lit up. If it is the same for others, then it is ok, otherwise, I would inform the service centre to work on it under warranty.
Old 14th April 2024, 21:48   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2krish View Post
I have a Jeep Compass Model S (O) Diesel 4x4 (2023 make) and I have a question.

Could anyone please tell me, if the lights beside the vanity mirror actually lit up in the Indian version, when the mirror lids are opened? Or are the white patches beside the vanity mirrors are just non-functional?

For me, they don't lit up. If it is the same for others, then it is ok, otherwise, I would inform the service centre to work on it under warranty.
Haha. Same pinch. I had the same question on my mind and was about to post it here last year. One fine day I was changing the other cabin lights to Osram LED and I thought i will check this so I pried open and saw. There is no light or holder or bulb or any thing inside it. Those two white pieces are as it is with nothing on the inside of the sunvisor. So its just a dummy. Mines a 2023 Model S 4*4.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 16:54   #4590
BHPian

Hi fellow Jeepers,
I replaced my Jeep compass battery with a 74 DIN Amaron. Upon replacement the Auto start/stop not available error and the check engine light is on.

Any advice? This was just replaced locally by a known vendor. The battery was also fully charged.

The previous battery was fading and was showing 13.6/13.7 V while running and during the previous service, the SC suggested that the battery was not retaining power.

-John

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks