Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 18:40   #4471
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Firstly, many thanks to all who had responded to my query regarding dashcam fitment in Jeep Compass.

Last week I bought DDPAI Mola N3 (front only) model which I fitted using the USB cable routing the wire thru the A pillar and then under the passenger side glove box. While the camera was working great, I faced a lot of issue with the wi-fi pairing with my iPhone. The connection was very unstable getting disconnected within 10-20 secs every time. But the camera pairing was working flawlessly when I tested at home with a mobile charger.

The customer care was clueless and could not provide any direction. I had bought the cam from Nxtdigitron website, and the customer care was ready to change it to any other model (upgrade though). My second choice was 70mai A500S, so before I confirmed a change I thought of trying it out as one of my friend has it. The result was same as Mola N3. The pairing worked in his car, but not on mine.

This intrigued us to search what is happening here, and if it is a Jeep Compass issue or an iOS/iPhone issue. This led us to threads on how wireless apple car play has this overpowering behaviour on dashcam connections. So either we need to discard the wireless apple car play wi-fi connection or disable the car play option in the car. So finally, the solution which solved this was to deactivate the "Enable Car Play" option under the Jeep Compass phone menu. And now every time I need to connect to the dashcam, I have to first disable this option and then connect. Not a likable solution, but I guess have to live with it.

As I could not find this covered in any of the threads here (excuse me if I have overlooked, was very stressed at that moment), thought of keeping a log of my experience.
abhaumik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 20:27   #4472
BHPian

Here are three key reasons and benefits of owning a Jeep (& being a Jeeper):
  1. A sense of community
  2. A connection to the brand
  3. A solid, safe and enjoyable car
We aim to provide a detailed ownership experience, including participating in a Jeep Trail and meeting fellow Jeep owners. This experience has allowed me to bond with the community beyond what I thought was possible.

In the thirteen months since purchasing our car, we have driven it for over 31,000 km, but we still envy the Jeeper, who has covered over 45,000 km. This has inspired us to try to catch their travel record.

Community:

We recently participated in the Jawai Trail (JEEP TRAILS). We drove from Gurugram to Nathdwara, wherein we met our first fellow Jeeper, who had warned me that if I missed the exit, I would have to travel an additional 20 km. This message is the beginning of the bond that all Jeep owners have. We not only love our cars and family - we love our fellow jeepers equally.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20231116_055233.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails38.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails160.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails162.jpg

My wife, during the first night at the trail, gave a substantially lengthy speech as to how we ended up buying the Jeep Compass and how I have a cupboard full of cleaners and maintainers - not to my surprise but definitely to her - every participant had the same love, cleaners, maintainers and more for the car. I wanted to tell my wife, "I told you so" but the community lovingly helped me.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20231023_161650.jpg

The community can be summed up as we started from Gurugram alone, but we returned in a convoy of four cars, eating together and being together beyond the drive back home.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20231119230835.jpg

This is quintessential the primary reason we enjoy our Jeep beyond the driving. We have like-minded car lovers ready to help at a message's notice.

One more instance would be, in Gurugram, we saw a jeep with a trail tag and immediately, without even a visual gesture, stopped and exchanged numbers We both are part of the Delhi NCR (DNCR) community.

Company

During the Jeep trail experience, one of my fellow Jeepers described it as a "seven-star experience". However, I would like to describe it as a passionate team led by Nikhil Jaspal as a well-choreographed symphony of activities. The attention to detail is immaculate, from the washroom breaks to ensuring that the roadside grass is trimmed, making sure our jeeps roll without scratches or dents. The team had thought of everything, from Jeep's principles, owners, cars, and the environment. The trail is flagged off by lady participants, and each activity has members of Nikhil's team smiling and available. Even the area's history was explained to us to ensure that we grasped and enjoyed the trail.

The team's logistical efforts were comparable to those of wartime armed forces, with multiple safety checks and numerous layers of support teams. Despite a large puncture on our tire on a remote jungle road, the mechanics and safety cars helped us get back on the road and complete the trail with our spare tire. Thanks to the comprehensive logistical planning, no Jeeper had any unresolved technical issues. This even allowed the youngest Jeeper, only a year and a half old, to experience the trail in comfort and safety with his parents.

The trail truly embodies my post. It is a reflection of the community, company, and the car.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails211.jpg

The post would be morally incorrect without photo of the Jeep Trail team led by Nikhil Jaspal and his team of Event Solutions who took care of us feel like family.

Team members:
Nittin Jaspal,
Ravi sharma,
Avinash,
Yougesh,
Amrit pal,
Raj Kumar,
Gursewak, Imran & their back-end team led by Harpreet.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails165.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails170.jpg

The statement from the trail commander, "No Jeeper drives alone," was praiseworthy as they ensured that a team member accompanied a lone warrior Jeeper.

We were fortunate to have Aditya Jairaj, Deputy Managing Director and Head of Jeep's India operations, as part of the trail. Aditya's presence and the team's commitment were comforting and reassuring of the Jeep brand.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeeptrails109.jpg

We have had the most positive experience with Jeep and Landmark company throughout our ownership. We have made a minor insurance claim, and even when we visited the service centre without an appointment for a little issue, we were treated with the utmost courtesy and technical understanding.

Car

The car (in our case, Jeep Compass) is the gateway to the above two; hence, the car is pivotal.

Jeep Compass is our first family car; however, I have over 70,000 km of driving experience in various car renting agencies. I've driven from hatchbacks to SUVs but never found anything close to the driving dynamics of the Jeep. The vehicle is very stable at high speeds and provides confidence and safety.

Anyone who enjoys driving should consider a Jeep even if, from a cost perspective, other cars of the same segment may be more economical. None of them provides the driving dynamics of the Jeep, followed by excellent support and care and topped by a respectful, helpful and celebratory community.

I have encountered forum posts discussing linear power delivery and occasional sluggish turbo experience. Although I have never driven the automatic, after the trail, there were three Jeeps with us from Nathdwara to Gurugram, including Compass and Meridian, all of which had automatic transmissions. They performed well on the highway and were even able to accelerate swiftly. Therefore, with an adaptive driving style, the engine and transmission are capable of high-speed and highway driving, even if they are not particularly "punchy".

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231122-15.48.33.jpeg

We hope you find the post informative.

Happy and safe driving. Until the next one.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20231120104130.jpg

Last edited by parthdmaniar : 26th November 2023 at 20:43.
parthdmaniar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 14:49   #4473
BHPian

Hi Folks

Need a quick help. My Jeep Compass is currently completing 2nd year of ownership. After the second madatory service, the Jeep Life app seems to have lost communication with the vehicle. Any clue on why it happened and more importantly how can i get it up and running. The app does provide some interesting data which i would like to utilize, so any help would me much appreciated

Cheers
Old 28th November 2023, 02:33   #4474
BHPian

Call the jeep life customer care. They will try to remotely reconnect. If that does not work they will advise you to visit the service centre. You might have to leave the car with them for a few hours or overnight.
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 06:23   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post

Attachment 2536128

[[/ATTACH]
Were you running the trail on the spare tyre? What happened? I have always had this thought what happens if I damage a tyre during a trail. Was it particularly difficult to complete the trail on the spare tyre?
Old 28th November 2023, 11:45   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi Folks

Need a quick help. ..., the Jeep Life app seems to have lost communication with the vehicle. ...

Cheers
I had a similar issue. Called Jeep Support. 1800 266 5337. They asked me to drive over to the service centre. There they checked the data communication dongle and things were sorted out quickly.

Hope that helps.
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:49   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi Folks

Need a quick help. My Jeep Compass is currently completing 2nd year of ownership. After the second madatory service, the Jeep Life app seems to have lost communication with the vehicle. Any clue on why it happened and more importantly how can i get it up and running. The app does provide some interesting data which i would like to utilize, so any help would me much appreciated

Cheers
Hi the fact that its lasted that long without an issue is good.
Remove the dongle, keep it for 72 hrs - 3 days.
After that call centre and Fix back. They will send a patch and should work
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:26   #4478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are three key reasons and benefits of owning a Jeep (& being a Jeeper):
  1. A sense of community
  2. A connection to the brand
  3. A solid, safe and enjoyable car
We missed a great opportunity to connect. We did speak on this forum and as well as during this drive, but missed the team-bhp connection. Here is a pic of your jeep along with the drone that I clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-l6.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:58   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaumik View Post
So finally, the solution which solved this was to deactivate the "Enable Car Play"
Thanks, I am facing same issue in my Kia Seltos, will try this.

Last edited by S.MJet : 29th November 2023 at 10:06.
Old 29th November 2023, 10:51   #4480
BHPian

Quote:
We missed a great opportunity to connect. We did speak on this forum and as well as during this drive, but missed the team-bhp connection. Here is a pic of your jeep along with the drone that I clicked.
This is the brotherhood of jeepers & I cannot document it enough. Even though we were part of the TRAIL and couldn't connect, you took a photo of my car. When we connected over text, I realised the influence of your post. For me - your long-term review is something I've read and re-read before buying our Jeep.

Quote:
Were you running the trail on the spare tyre? What happened? I have always had this thought what happens if I damage a tyre during a trail. Was it particularly difficult to complete the trail on the spare tyre?
Please pardon me for the delayed reply.

The TRAIL had two mechanics from the nearest dealership who fixed the spare tyre, followed by Jeepers and TRAIL team members calmly explaining to us how the spare tyre is all terrain and apt for the trail. While the spare tyre is economical, it is potent (or more) compared to the stock tyres - so until you don't cross 120 kmph, the tyre is fantastic and something you'd like to have as your primary in the R18 size.
parthdmaniar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 16:57   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
This is the brotherhood of jeepers & I cannot document it enough. Even though we were part of the TRAIL and couldn't connect, you took a photo of my car. When we connected over text, I realised the influence of your post. For me - your long-term review is something I've read and re-read before buying our Jeep.
There were 4 of us - Team BHPians and Jeepers, on the same trail. I guess you know 4th one too.

Arun's car still looks new after 1.35 Lakh Kms. It was great catching in person, Arun.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th November 2023 at 08:59. Reason: Grammatical errors corrected based on RP.
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 18:22   #4482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Are these events enjoyable only for the 4*4 cars? Or do the 4*2 owners participate as well?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 21:12   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are these events enjoyable only for the 4*4 cars? Or do the 4*2 owners participate as well?

I'm sorry, I should have clarified this.

The trail had a mix of 4*2 and 4*4. In fact, our car is a 4*2 diesel manual.

The team is utmost careful and would guide you if a 4*4 wouldn't be able to do an obstacle. However, none of them were present in the Jawai trail.

Thank you.
parthdmaniar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 22:27   #4484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned by parthdmaniar this trail could have been done by 4x2 as well. Maybe in some steep inclines on the rocks/mud roads, they would have needed more clutch and good momentum.

In one of the inclines when one 4x2 struggled, the support team helped them. I think there were two or three 4x2 in this group.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 22:47   #4485
BHPian

Quote:
The trail description usually mentions this. If I remember correctly, one of the recent trail notifications I received from the JEEPLIFE app clearly mentioned preference will be given for 4x4 jeeps. The trails organised by BJC and GOJ usually is enjoyable by 4x2 jeeps also. If you have a 4x4 it will be very easy. I own a petrol manual, the weakling in the Compass lineup so I had a couple of “heart in the mouth” situations but still could manage to complete the trail without being towed or getting damaged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks