Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:38   #3106
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets View Post

3> The ORVM don't close everytime I lock the car (it has already been enabled under settings).
Hi, are the parking lights on too (for longer duration) even after locking the car?

On one ocassion, I stepped out of the car and realised the ORVMs weren't folding in and the parking lights weren't switching off even though the car was locked.

I analysed my actions and recalled that while sitting in the car, I had not switched on the car fully (just a slight press on the start/stop button) and was exploring the features inside. Without switching off anything else, I stepped out and locked the car - the ORVMs didn't fold in nor did the lights go off - even after multiple lock/unlock.

Then I got in again, started the car, switched it off properly and then locked it - ORVMs folded in and the lights switched off soon after.

Maybe it's a bug. But now I'm mindful of these little things against the larger scheme of complicated electronics on board.

Hope this helps.
AshwinRS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 22:35   #3107
BHPian

Thank you for all the great feedback! After reading through all the Jeep compass threads and test driving the car, I have gone ahead and booked Jeep Compass Limited DDCT AT in brilliant black colour. My running will be under 8000 kms per year and mostly city so the diesel with its premium pricing did not make sense. I would have gone for Model S if not for the all black interiors.

Got the standard discount available right now and competitive insurance quote from the dealer which I doubt can be matched outside. The dealer also threw in a few accessories and I have taken a note of all of these on paper with his signature.

I have a question for esteemed members here. The vehicle allocated to me was manufactured in September but stayed in the plant for 2-3 months and was billed to the dealer in mid Dec. He has the car in his stock yard. I will of course be performing PDI at month end but wanted to hear if there are any concerns I need to watch out for and any additional checks which need to be performed. The dealer is ok if I am not happy with the PDI and confirmed that I will be allocated another car in such a situation but I am sure that will delay it by 1-2 months and I might have to endure price hikes.

I plan to keep this car for next 7-8 years so need some peace of mind. My earlier Ecosport was a gem of a car and barring one minor trouble in year 4, it was awesome to drive for the entire duration of 8 years.

Last edited by Anand2712 : 23rd December 2021 at 22:36.
Old 24th December 2021, 00:32   #3108

Hello! I was on a look out for SUV to upgrade from my ageing sedan. My considerations were:

1. Should be 5-star safety rated.
2. Should run on diesel.
3. Spacious enough for 3 people to sit comfortably and sufficient boot size to hold our luggage.
4. Should fall in the budget of 20-30 lakhs.

After a lot of research on TBHP and discussions with family and friends, I was down to Harrier and Compass. Test drove both the SUVs and noted some pros and cons.

Harrier pros:
1. Built like a tank and big on size.
2. Powerful engine and dynamics of the SUV makes you feel it can travel the distance and keep occupants comfortable.
3. Suspension felt nice when speeding on rough roads and rumble strips.
4. Diesel engine + automatic gearbox combo is best in the segment.

Cons:
1. I felt Harrier is too big for my taste.
2. Low speed ride can be termed as ok at best. Steering felt heavy to maneuver at city speeds.
4. Manual's clutch was hard to press, and the travel felt long.
3. Could pose problem while parking in tight spaces.

Compass pros:
1. Step inside new Compass and you see a lot of changes made to the interior. The steering feels premium like the one offered on Grand Cherokee.
2. Soft touch material all over the dashboard, door pads and more. New touchscreen infotainment system has good resolution and feel intuitive as its built on Android. Seats feels nice and comfortable.
3. Felt and rides like its built to last and ready to take on Bangalore potholes.
4. Felt more car like to drive. Steering was lite at slow speeds making it easy to zip around in traffic.
5. Low speed ride felt more comfortable compared to Harrier.
6. Diesel manual's clutch felt lot softer to press and travel lot shorter than Harrier.

Cons:
1. Pricy compared to features it offers.
2. Even though the vehicle is built to last, indicator and wiper control stalks and few buttons felt low in quality and may not last long.
3. Diesel automatic is available only in 4x4. Jeep should have offered auto box in 4x2 as well.
4. Since Jeep decided to keep volume and track change controls the back of the steering wheel, and further due to absence of cruise control feature in manual variants, Jeep has left a few dummy buttons on the right side of steering wheel facing the driver and they look like a sore thumb on the otherwise premium steering. It would have been nice if they had brought these controls to front of the steering and in the manual variants.

After considering pros and cons, decided to go ahead with Compass diesel manual for its looks, smooth gear box, compact size which is perfect for city commute, ride quality on broken patches and smooth highways.

Visited KHT Prime opposite to Vaishnavi Sapphire mall and met with sales executive Mr. Vinith. Vinith came as one of the nice sales executives I have interacted with. He was aware of all the features of Compass along with differences between 4 variants on offer. He didn't sound pushy at any time and was talking facts and numbers all the while.

After couple of hours of discussion and negotiations, I finalized on Model S 4x2 Diesel Manual in Exotica Red color. Vinith was able to offer 1 lakh discount on OTR price which was 32,39,856 plus extended warranty of 45,000.

I made the booking by paying 50,000 as the booking amount. Now the wait begins! I have been informed that my Compass with model and color of my choice is available at manufacturer's stockyard in Pune and would leave in a truck as per their schedule departures this week. I am expecting I should be receiving my Compass later next week and I am all excited!

I will update once I do PDI. Thanks for reading.
sumwit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 10:31   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwit View Post

After couple of hours of discussion and negotiations, I finalized on Model S 4x2 Diesel Manual in Exotica Red color. Vinith was able to offer 1 lakh discount on OTR price which was 32,39,856 plus extended warranty of 45,000.
Congrats on booking the Compass. If I understand correctly is total discount 1.45lac on 32.39lacs. I guess this 32.39lac is price before recent hike of 50k from Dec1st.
Old 24th December 2021, 10:42   #3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Congrats on booking the Compass. If I understand correctly is total discount 1.45lac on 32.39lacs. I guess this 32.39lac is price before recent hike of 50k from Dec1st.
Thanks billitt1. Discount provided is 1 lakh. As per KHT Prime, additional warranty charges of 45k is over and above the OTR price mentioned in my post.
I have seen the price list from another dealer, PPS Jeep who included 45k within the OTR.
sumwit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 14:36   #3111
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone

I am inquiring on a friends behalf. He was wanting to know what kind of discounts/negotiating room can one expect on the Jeep Compass for both December end as well as other times of the year? He is located in Bombay.

Thank you.
Old 24th December 2021, 17:54   #3112
BHPian

Interesting Watch this AutoCar video on Youtube -
Apart from showing off the capabilities of Jeep Compass, she talks about how she ended up in the automobiles field, quite interesting!
redCherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 21:12   #3113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello everyone

I am inquiring on a friends behalf. He was wanting to know what kind of discounts/negotiating room can one expect on the Jeep Compass for both December end as well as other times of the year? He is located in Bombay.

Thank you.
Around March/April, he can look out for previous year Oct/Nov/Dec vehicles. This is the best opportunity for getting more discounts. But currently there is good demand and so you need some luck to get very good discounts.

It also depends on the variant he is looking for. I am seeing more discounts on Longitude variant than the other versions.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 15:38   #3114
BHPian

Hello Jeep Owners - Am soon to be a proud owner as well, can anyone please confirm for new car delivery, dealer will/should provide a PUC certificate valid for 1 year at the time of delivery? or because it is BS6 it is not required ?

Am due for my jeep delivery soon, hence wanted to make sure.

Last edited by redballons : 25th December 2021 at 15:40.
Old 25th December 2021, 15:49   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Hello Jeep Owners - Am soon to be a proud owner as well, can anyone please confirm for new car delivery, dealer will/should provide a PUC certificate valid for 1 year at the time of delivery? or because it is BS6 it is not required ?

Am due for my jeep delivery soon, hence wanted to make sure.
I didn’t get anything. But I made sure I got one done from outside as soon as I got delivery. Cops don’t care if it’s a new car. So it is better to spend 100 bucks and get a hard copy/PUC done that’s in the RTO records.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th December 2021 at 16:10.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 18:13   #3116
BHPian

Does the currently on-sale 4x4 Compass get the same brake-lock differential like the earlier Trailhawk model (that seems to be no longer offered for sale) ?
Old 26th December 2021, 18:56   #3117
BHPian

Folks, finally booked Longitude D MT in Red yesterday and did the PDI as well. I had posted many queries in this thread as I was looking for pre-owned but finally went for new one, thanks to all members for response. During PDI noticed few issues and highlighted the same to SA, but two things Im worried about:
1. Found gear lever to have quite some play in Neutral, probably 1-1.5 inch laterally and vertically.
2.With headlamps on, noticed few marks inside the glass.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 19:37   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, finally booked Longitude D MT in Red yesterday and did the PDI as well. I had posted many queries in this thread as I was looking for pre-owned but finally went for new one, thanks to all members for response. During PDI noticed few issues and highlighted the same to SA, but two things Im worried about:
1. Found gear lever to have quite some play in Neutral, probably 1-1.5 inch laterally and vertically.
2.With headlamps on, noticed few marks inside the glass.
Congratulations, what is the VIN number of the vehicle you did the PDI ? Also may I ask which dealer as well ?
Old 26th December 2021, 20:34   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Congratulations, what is the VIN number of the vehicle you did the PDI ? Also may I ask which dealer as well ?
Thanks, redballons. Its Oct manufactured with last two digits of AM. Booked from PPS/MPS motors, as I did PDI at their yard in Electronics city, did the paperwork there. They have only service there now, moved the showroom to HSR layout. Now its Citroen.

This was last available pre December diesel, as of yesterday I think they still had 2 petrols.
Old 26th December 2021, 20:48   #3120
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, redballons. Its Oct manufactured with last two digits of AM. Booked from PPS/MPS motors, as I did PDI at their yard in Electronics city, did the paperwork there. They have only service there now, moved the showroom to HSR layout. Now its Citroen.

This was last available pre December diesel, as of yesterday I think they still had 2 petrols.
Did my PDI at the same yard week ago as well ( VIN ends in CM, so it’s Dec manufactured ). I took a printout of the PDI checklist to ensure not to miss key checks.

Hope you negotiated a good deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks