Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 13:25   #3226

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Acarun, is the uncomfortable and bouncy feeling due to a specific issue in your car. Just checking as I did not find that issue coming from a sedan when I did the test drive and also read through the review pages and did not find any mention of the issue other than one member not able find a good driving position. In the process of buying the car and hence wanted to check as its a significant investment from Vento which I have.
Lalitha, I did take the car to the ASS and got the suspension setup inspected and found it to be in good shape. Recently got my tyres replaced with Yokohama Earth 1. I find them to be soft and hence, they can't be reason for poor ride quality. Need to investigate and if it can't be fixed, replace with potentially, a Slavia, for my ageing parents.

We had a Vento earlier and were truly impressed with its ride quality. I would suggest you to look for more options, if you are focused on rear seat comfort.

Having preferred UVs over sedans, we now want to get back to Sedans as the comfort levels and dynamics are unmatched and we can live with bad roads with some careful driving.
acarun.vel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:57   #3227
BHPian

Does anyone know how the UConnect system works? Is there a sim in the Compass to transfer data? And is this supposed to be free for lifetime of the vehicle? Or is it paid service?
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:11   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Does anyone know how the UConnect system works? Is there a sim in the Compass to transfer data? And is this supposed to be free for lifetime of the vehicle? Or is it paid service?
Its free as far as i know.
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 17:37   #3229
Senior - BHPian

As per the video:
1. The owner replaced his stolen Compass with an S-Presso! Owns a Fortuner as well.
2. 4:01, the owner states how his Jeep Compass was stolen within a minute.
Old 23rd January 2022, 16:50   #3230

As the owner of 2 Jeep Compasses, allow me to drop 2 cents on this.

The ride quality and driving dynamics are up there with the vehicles in next or higher class which is why Diesel 4x4 November 2021 purchased JC ride quality left me in initial despair.

Body roll and bounce couldn't be ignored and left me wondering whether 2021 JC has lost the stability of previous or pre face lift generation?

This unresolved issue got addressed when I pulled in the compass for air refill at a gas station after 2 or 3 weeks in to the ownership period.

To my surprise, the attendant deflated air pressure and upon my query stated that excess air was filled in tires alluding to plausible error at the dealership.

With a small tweak, after reducing tyre air pressure, I am able to once again enjoy a stable ride at low or high speeds and this is fact checked by first row and 2nd row passengers, alike.

Sometimes small and seemingly insignificant fixes can have positive influence and I thought it worthy enough to point out that before ruling the Compass out, evaluate if the tyres were deliberately inflated that resulted in a bouncy ride.

Hope this helps and wish your search for a quality vehicle fetches positive outcomes.

U Connect is standard feature in your Jeep. As of now, over the air updates are in 2021 model and onwards.

Jeep Life app is free for 2 years and might become a paid subscription service though for now Jeep India has not made any announcement to this effect.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th January 2022 at 11:03. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Tripper_trooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 12:52   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
My understanding is that there is an e-sim. Most SA's are clueless about it. Regarding validity - spoke with the Jeep technical team for support and they confirmed that it is free for 3 years from the date of activation post which there could be charges.
Quoter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 17:52   #3232
BHPian

The jeep website says that the interiors for longitude and latitude are grey/black and tan/black. Has Jeep stopped using off white interiors instead of black?
Old 25th January 2022, 18:01   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
The jeep website says that the interiors for longitude and latitude are grey/black and tan/black. Has Jeep stopped using off white interiors instead of black?
There is no latitude variant in India. We only have the white/grey and black interiors.
Old 25th January 2022, 18:13   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
There is no latitude variant in India. We only have the white/grey and black interiors.
my bad i meant Limited variant. The website says black and tan interiors for limited variant.

https://www.jeep-india.com/bmo-page....,AAL,933,7DDCT
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220125-6.12.07-pm.png  

Old 25th January 2022, 18:49   #3235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my bad i meant Limited variant. The website says black and tan interiors for limited variant.

https://www.jeep-india.com/bmo-page....,AAL,933,7DDCT
This is interesting. I thought they were just referring to the dashboard part but it seems the seats have turned black too.
Old 26th January 2022, 12:17   #3236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper_trooper View Post
With a small tweak, after reducing tyre air pressure, I am able to once again enjoy a stable ride at low or high speeds and this is fact checked by first row and 2nd row passengers, alike.
What is the tyre pressure you are using now?

I am finalizing the accessory list for my Model S
Can any of the owners comment on the official Jeep 7D mats? I have been using 3M mesh type mats for all my cars till now.
Old 26th January 2022, 13:45   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are mixing the seat colour with dashboard colour. The off white seat colour is officially called steel grey and in the 2021 model it is used only in the longitude variant. The Sport variant comes with Black fabric seats and the limited comes with Black leather seats. The interiors (dashboard) are grey / black in longitude and tan / black in limited.
Old 26th January 2022, 20:34   #3238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
I think you are mixing the seat colour with dashboard colour. The off white seat colour is officially called steel grey and in the 2021 model it is used only in the longitude variant. The Sport variant comes with Black fabric seats and the limited comes with Black leather seats. The interiors (dashboard) are grey / black in longitude and tan / black in limited.
Nope. The limited has/had steel grey leather seats too with the tan dashboard. Only S has black leather seats.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:37   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Nope. The limited has/had steel grey leather seats too with the tan dashboard. Only S has black leather seats.
Right. Limited is only available with Snow (or Steel) grey. No other option there. 80th Year Anniversary version used to come with Black interiors but they no more make it. The seats in this Limited trim are just too white for my personal liking. Going to be very difficult to maintain it.
Old 28th January 2022, 08:57   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Right. Limited is only available with Snow (or Steel) grey. No other option there. 80th Year Anniversary version used to come with Black interiors but they no more make it. The seats in this Limited trim are just too white for my personal liking. Going to be very difficult to maintain it.
I agree. But with usage, I have grown to like these seats. It doesn’t get too dirty. And it’s leather so you can easily clean them up. Also, the quality of leather is very good.

On the contrary, dust and dirt shows up quite a bit in black leather. Also, black leather tends to heat up a lot.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks