Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 09:22   #4036
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

[quote=mitspeaks;5453640]
Shot a lot of drone footages.

Stunning photography my friend !! Beautiful !

Last edited by CLIX : 10th December 2022 at 09:41.
Old 10th December 2022, 14:56   #4037
BHPian

So, after several repeated emails and messages on twitter Jeep finally uploaded service details of 1st free service done on 7th October 2022 on jeeplife app. Something that should have been updated within few days of service without customer intervention.

To achieve this feat i had to email them thrice, the screen shot of the service receipt, VIN number, model and mobile number. All of which is already in their system. Same time i had to repeatedly tweet on the Jeep India page and email reminding them of the issue. Now the app shows the service details.

However all is not as expected. They put my service time as a ridiculous 0402am - 0635am inspite of the time clearly mentioned in the service receipt. To correct this they've asked me again to email them the service receipt. Just brilliant.
Old 12th December 2022, 16:59   #4038

Hi guys, need a help.

I have a Compass Ltd Petrol AT 2018 model. Recently the infotainment screen went black and is not turning on. I am able to control the radio volume, turn it on or off, but that's it. Tried resetting using button combos, removing the battery, but to no avail.
Landmark Jeep Noida is quoting me 1.65lacs for replacement which is outrageous.

Would love if you can help me out with some alternate options / people who can repair this in NCR. Thanks !
Old 13th December 2022, 03:59   #4039

Hi all

First of all, thank you to each and every Compass owner/prospect for posting their experience on this forum. It was super helpful for me on my journey of buying the Compass. Now let me share my experience with Jeep Compass

PS: This is my first post on the forum, so please excuse me if I miss any important details. I will be very happy to expand on any of the following points, or share any more details, if you have any questions.

Car Evaluation

I am a tech professional working remotely, and the last two years gave me ample opportunities to work from the mountains. My dad's Elite i20 Asta (0) [2018] never disappointed me on these trips, but in November 2022, I started thinking about buying my own car as I realised my love for driving is never going away.

After spending 10-15 days looking at different car options based on my list of must-haves, Jeep Compass stood out as the ONLY option that fulfilled all my wishlist items (Unique car and brand. Had to eliminate the VFM korean SUVs for this reason, Great driving pleasure and build quality, Heavy on the features & "luxury" feeling on the interiors)

Purchase Experience

I had very good purchase experience with Jeep Landmark Noida. The Sales Advisor was friendly, cooperative and not at all "pushy". He offered me multiple test drives. Although originally I was planning to buy the car in 2023 to get 1 more year during re-sale, the Jeep Discounts (~2L on road) made me sign the cheque on 30 Nov, and I got the car delivered in my choice of color on 2 December 2022.

Model: Jeep Compass Model S Petrol Automatic
On Road Price: 30,80,000

Pre Delivery Inspection

I am thankful to team bhp for making me an aware consumer. I had no idea what PDI stands for, or for that matter, the multiple issues reported on Jeep Compass. After reading multiple posts on this forum, I conducted a detailed PDI at the showroom. Fortunately, I did not notice any issues with the car and happily accepted the delivery after a few days.

Post Purchase Experience

Overall, I am extremely happy with the car. The way it drives on the highways can make you forget the 30 big ones. Also, my expectations from the Post Sales Service was set at a bare minimum by all the posts on Jeep/FCA/Compass, and hence I was pleasantly surprised by the service given by Landmark & FCA.
  • Issue 1 (Resolved): I activated the Jeep Life app on the day of delivery. While the app started recording all the driving activities and engine status on the first day itself, I was not able to use the Remote Lock/Unlock/Horn features via the app. I complained about this to the CRM of Landmark Jeep, and she immediately escalated this issue to the FCA Team. I got a call from the FCA customer service associate who was already briefed by the said CRM ( I was very happy when he mentioned "I know all details about your issue, I am calling you to let you know that I have escalated it to the technical team).. I checked the next day on my app and the features were perfectly working now. (On that note, I also want to share that the Jeep Life app is actually super useful. It records all the driving done by the car, along with location, route, time, distance etc. Though the app's UI/UX could have been much better and I can share more details with anyone interested to know about the app in detail.)
  • Issue 2 (Pending): I noticed a minor panel gap in the center console, and I promptly recorded a video and sent it via email to the Landmark Service & FCA Group. My intention of sending this video was to "document" the observation so that I could get it rectified at a later date if it becomes a big problem. I got a call from the Landmark Service manager who asked me more details about the issue, and has promised to get back with a resolution soon.
  • Issue 3 (Pending): I might be jumping the gun by categorising this as an "issue", but I think the AC of the car could have been better. I have noticed that the AC works perfectly fine if I set the temperature below 21°C, but if I set it just a notch above even by 0.5°C, it doesn't give that much cool air. My hypothesis is that it might be due to Delhi Winters and that maybe the car's cab temperature is below 21°C, but I will get it checked when I get to the service center for Issue 2

Others

• Fuel Efficiency: The FE was at 5.5 when I took delivery and it has now come to 11. I have driven 300kms till now within Delhi. Max FE recorded was around ~14 on a late night drive within Delhi
  • Things that I am loving: The infotainment screen, the interiors, sunroof, headlights, driving comfort and suspension (will give 11 on 10 for this)
  • Things that could be better Dedicated button for ventilated seats, dedicated button for 360 camera, ability to cycle through saved FM stations, useful wireless charging pad,
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_3923.jpeg  

roadtriplover is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 16:50   #4040

A few questions for Compass owners, if anyone has been able to figure this out:

• There is a setting on the Digital Instrument Cluster to "turn off" the speed warning, however, even after turning it off, the car beeps at crossing 80kmph. Any one facing the same problem?
  • I have a few saved FM stations on the UConnect, however, using the buttons behind on the steering wheel doesn't cycle between the saved stations, but instead, auto-cycles between all frequencies (like FM Tuning).
  • I have noticed that if I manually turn on the cabin lights, the lights do not auto switch off after I lock the car. Is this by design? If yes, very surprising as even hatchbacks have auto-cut features these days. Similarly for the sunroof, it doesn't auto close if the car is locked
  • The USB Type C charging speed seems to be very slow. It takes a lot of time to charge. How's your experience been with this?
  • The auto-engine off option seems useful, however, it requires me to keep the brake pedal pressed. I tried by engaging the parking brake, but the moment I took my foot off the brake pedal, the engine auto started. Any ideas to best utilise this feature?
  • What are the best equalizer settings (bass, treble, mid) to get the best out of the 9-speaker Alpine music system? It's unfortunate that the sound system doesn't have present equaliser settings.
roadtriplover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 09:54   #4041

Hi everyone

Looking for getting PPF and body protection services for my 10 day old new Jeep Compass Black in/ around Noida

Basis my market research, I had following queries - :

- Which film is best for black color as i understand yellowing is not a concern like white but other aspects like scratches are easily visible
- TPU vs TPH film - which is recommended?
- Is it advisable to ceramic coat on alloys/ windshield/ plastic exteriors under bumper/ roofrails etc ? anybody got this done ?
- I see a lot of price variety talking to 3 different detailing studios. Wanted to know what is the optimum price for Jeep Compass fully body PPF ? I know it may be dependent on type / company of film but still it would help for a reference
- How do you take care after PPF is done? If it recommended to use dry / wet cloth ? Fearing to give it in hands of the morning cleaning guy but how long can i resist?
- Also heard after PPF, one must avoid using body covers in parking as it may induce scratches
- Finally any good experience with any studio in Noida/ Delhi Detailing chains who have done a good PPF job and living upto warranty expectations also

Thanks for help in advance
Sreespace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 07:17   #4042

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriplover View Post
A few questions for Compass owners, if anyone has been able to figure this out:
  • There is a setting on the Digital Instrument Cluster to "turn off" the speed warning, however, even after turning it off, the car beeps at crossing 80kmph. Any one facing the same problem?
As far as I know, you cannot disable speed warnings that beeps at 80/120 kmph. I do not know what this option in Digital Instrument Cluster is for though.
  • I have a few saved FM stations on the UConnect, however, using the buttons behind on the steering wheel doesn't cycle between the saved stations, but instead, auto-cycles between all frequencies (like FM Tuning).
Only way you can circle through FM stations is when you navigate to Audio mode in your MID. I've attached an image for reference.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep_compass_audio_mid.jpeg
  • I have noticed that if I manually turn on the cabin lights, the lights do not auto switch off after I lock the car. Is this by design? If yes, very surprising as even hatchbacks have auto-cut features these days. Similarly for the sunroof, it doesn't auto close if the car is locked
Same here. I've only seen headlights turn-off (after a minor delay) when I lock the car.
  • The USB Type C charging speed seems to be very slow. It takes a lot of time to charge. How's your experience been with this?
I've not monitored the charging speed per se, but it isn't bad IMO. It's going to be slower than my 30W GaN charger yes, but isn't too bad when using for Type C charging. Perhaps try switching your charging cable to see if that makes a difference?
Wireless charging is a different story though. It's just useless. Phone heats up way too fast and often Wireless CarPlay sync is lost, or just hangs up.
  • The auto-engine off option seems useful, however, it requires me to keep the brake pedal pressed. I tried by engaging the parking brake, but the moment I took my foot off the brake pedal, the engine auto started. Any ideas to best utilise this feature?
I've turned into a habit of switching gear to Parking as soon as I press brake pedal when waiting at traffic lights. With this, auto-engine off gets engaged as soon as I switch to Parking, and I can now disengage from brake pedal. This took a while though. I suppose ECM continuously observes your driving behavior and adjusts - not entirely sure if ECM has AI features though.
  • What are the best equalizer settings (bass, treble, mid) to get the best out of the 9-speaker Alpine music system? It's unfortunate that the sound system doesn't have present equaliser settings.
I'd be interested to know this too.
Spot-on with your previous post about having dedicated buttons for 360 degree camera and ventilated seats. I've added a shortcut to surround cam on digital instrument cluster, but often I find hunting for it when trying to park in traffic. Front sensors would've been nice too for a car in this price-range.
dhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 08:54   #4043

Happy to share my experience of the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Diesel 2.0 MT

I took delivery of the aforementioned Jeep Compass on 31st July 2022 at the Gurgaon Jeep showroom

On road price: INR24.5lacs approx. (incl. Insurance and INR10K accessories)
The price might seem higher given the competition especially Hyundai and Mahindra SUV's available with additional features and Automatic transmission but since I am a Diesel enthusiast, I went with this choice

Delivery Experience
My delivery was delayed by almost 20-25 days (it seemed intentional from dealership/Jeep side) due to the coinciding launch of the Meridian but I was conveyed shortage of supply from Jeep India side

Ownership Experience

Post 100days of owning this car and driving approx. 5K Kms (including a long trip) here are my views:-

Pros
  • Strong Diesel performance with loads of torque and grunt
  • Build quality is far superior than most rivals and feels like a proper luxury SUV
  • Nice and wide Infotainment screen with very responsive Android auto/Apple car play integration
  • Very clear & sharp reverse camera quality
  • Love the cornering lights - very handy for urban driving
  • Comfortable seats with good space management
  • Electronic Parking brake comes standard
  • Good avg with light footed / sedate driving 13-15Kmpl in city and 18-20Kmpl on highway
  • TPMS is quite accurate, works well and very useful feature
Cons
  • Auto start stop is a hit or a miss, works just 2-3 times out of 10 drives, have to turn off most of the times
  • Clutch is hard and might be a sore when in traffic
  • Due to a lot of computer/electronic stability (Traction/Frequency damping suspension etc.) the driving dynamics might feel a little filtered/diluted
  • This is a heavy car - so if you going for Petrol drive, please be prepared for single digit fuel economy

After 100+ days of usage, I can say this is the best car with Diesel powertrain (those who are fan of Diesels) which is still available in the MT transmission combination. The sheer grunt and torque at disposal will certainly bring satisfaction to the petrolhead in you

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-all-black-upholstrey-1.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-all-black-upholstrey-2.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bonnet-100-days.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-delivery-day.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-fa577c24e08648c782bdeac2aa7e23ad.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-front-view-100-days.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-frontview-100-days.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-post-500kms-countryside-.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-post-500kms-countryside-2.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-rear-100-days.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-reverse-camera-just-brilliant.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-tpms.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 15th December 2022 at 09:02. Reason: No more than 2 smileys / post please
dreamdriver8564 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:44   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Things that could be better Dedicated button for ventilated seats, dedicated button for 360 camera, ability to cycle through saved FM stations, useful wireless charging pad
I have beem driving a Compass for a week now and these have been my observations as well. Dedicated buttons for camera and ventilated seats would have helped.

Quote:
[list]There is a setting on the Digital Instrument Cluster to "turn off" the speed warning, however, even after turning it off, the car beeps at crossing 80kmph. Any one facing the same problem?
It applies to speed warning at 60 Kmph. I turned it on and I started getting a warning at 60 so I promptly turned it off.

Quote:
I have noticed that if I manually turn on the cabin lights, the lights do not auto switch off after I lock the car. Is this by design?
Yes it is by design. The SA specifically mentioned it during the demo. If you keep the switch in the center position then the lights will turn on when you open the door, and turn off when you close it. On the left it will be off and on the right it will be on all the time.

Quote:
The auto-engine off option seems useful, however, it requires me to keep the brake pedal pressed. I tried by engaging the parking brake, but the moment I took my foot off the brake pedal, the engine auto started. Any ideas to best utilise this feature?
If you put the car in P, you can let go of the brake. Auto off kicks in only after the cabin has cooled sufficiently as per the manual. And I have experienced it. Once the cabin is cool enough the engine turns off as soon as you stop. It can turn on even when you keep the brake pressed if the AC needs to be turned on.

I too have a question, there’s a button on the IRVM, what is it for? I know it’s an auto dimming IRVM but what does the button do? Pressing it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Last edited by yashg : 15th December 2022 at 23:46. Reason: Typos
yashg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:56   #4045

It turns off the "auto-dimming" function. You can check this at night, initially, your IRVP should be dimmed, but when you press the button, it will slowly turn back into a normal mirror and hence you should start noticing the rear car's headlight a lot more

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
I too have a question, there’s a button on the IRVM, what is it for? I know it’s an auto dimming IRVM but what does the button do? Pressing it doesn’t seem to do anything.
roadtriplover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:59   #4046

Thank you for sharing the info about "Changing FM Presets when FM Audio mode is displayed on the MID"

Just to expand on it for anyone interested: You will be able to cycle through the FM Presets using the left/right buttons on the left hand steering wheel buttons (front side).. This will only work when the FM Audio Mode is being displayed on the MID
Old 16th December 2022, 07:20   #4047
BHPian

I have almost finalized on Compass Nighteagle diesel manual. On road price, with all offers- still touching 29 Lakhs.

Should I stay back or proceed? Last minute confusion. So much negatives shared here, veterans please help me out.

My other option is Harrier.
Old 16th December 2022, 12:52   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I have almost finalized on Compass Nighteagle diesel manual. On road price, with all offers- still touching 29 Lakhs.

Should I stay back or proceed? Last minute confusion. So much negatives shared here, veterans please help me out.

My other option is Harrier.

It's a great car to drive. You'll take any excuse to take it our for a spin, you'll plan more road trips just to enjoy the drive. The Nighteagle looks like a million bucks too, in most colors. So you'll be looking back at it every time you park it. The drive as well as the looks will put a smile on your face every-time.

When I was in market in 2020, I was favoring Harrier because it seemed more VFM as well as more imposing and better looking, until I got a chance to drive it. The entire experience was underwhelming.

So I went with the Compass, because it offers you a premium brand, a premium driving experience, a sense of exclusivity.

The only difference is, that I got my fully equipped Limited Plus (which was the top variant at that point), for 22.5 L on road. So it makes me feel like I got a great car, at an excellent price.

However, given the current state of the market, 29 lakhs is a decent sum to part with for a car which you will enjoy in many different ways.
fast&curious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 22:20   #4049

Found the answer to the following: The "Speed Warning" setting within the MID is to set an ADDITIONAL warning over and above the preset 80kmph warning.
Quote:
There is a setting on the Digital Instrument Cluster to "turn off" the speed warning, however, even after turning it off, the car beeps at crossing 80kmph. Any one facing the same problem?

Last edited by Sheel : 6th January 2023 at 10:18. Reason: Strictly no discussion about social media / WhatsApp groups. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2022, 09:05   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Found the answer to the following: The "Speed Warning" setting within the MID is to set an ADDITIONAL warning over and above the preset 80kmph warning.

Request: Also, can someone add me to the Delhi NCR Jeep Compass Whatsapp Group? Please DM me if possible. Thanks in advance
Hi could I be added to the Delhi NCR whatsapp group as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks