Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 09:31   #4096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks4077 View Post
I am getting my Jeep Compass Limited (O), this weekend in white with black roof. Would like to get an idea from Jeep owners in Bangalore which is a good service center. Thanks in advance.
Congratulations. It's a lovely vehicle. From my experience PPS motors Hosur Road is the best SVC for Jeep. They usually have all spares and their staff is well trained.

Do take the 5 year extended warranty for sure.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 09:35   #4097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Congratulations. It's a lovely vehicle. From my experience PPS motors Hosur Road is the best SVC for Jeep. They usually have all spares and their staff is well trained.

Do take the 5 year extended warranty for sure.
Thanks .
This would be the PPS service center in Electronics City I guess.
Yes, have taken the 5 year extended warranty, fingers crossed hope I wont need it.
Old 12th January 2023, 09:38   #4098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks4077 View Post
Thanks .
This would be the PPS service center in Electronics City I guess.
Yes, have taken the 5 year extended warranty, fingers crossed hope I wont need it.
Yes that's the one. I was told they may be opening another SVC closer to Kalyan Nagar sometime this year.
Old 12th January 2023, 12:37   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
It seems the above case of battery issue is only for model with digital dash screen. I have a Limited Diesel Manual, done about 18k kms in a year and no such issue so far.
What I can understand / have observed is that the pre 2021 Jeep Compass models are reportedly more robust and have less inherent problems accompanying them.
There seems to be some major issue with the Quality Control in recent years with Jeep India.
Old 13th January 2023, 20:54   #4100

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post

Hardly 40 km from Kanpur, I saw all dashboard light up and all check lights on. Stopped the car, and waited for 2 minutes. Started the car again, and the warnings went away except that the engine check light was on. I did not drive the car further and brought it back to Kanpur. Next morning, the car was fine (no engine checklight) and I drove it back to Lucknow. Checked with my service advisor, and he said it might be a battery loose connection. Car drove well for 2-3000 km.

This is the same issue that I am having my jeep compass same model. Any update on this issue and is it solved?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. We request you to please review the Team BHP rules once again.

Thank you!

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th January 2023 at 17:06. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 14th January 2023, 15:28   #4101
BHPian

I did some subtle customisation on my compass. Did it myself using Nippon automotive spray cans. Thought like sharing here.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-1image.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-new-bumper.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 07:07   #4102
BHPian

I have received my Compass 4x4 Model S in brilliant white and have been driving it helter skelter for the last one week. I have crossed 2000km as if yesterday and I must say it has been everything I expected.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2.jpg

Since all of us here do understand the plus points I will not go in detail. I'm sure there will be more interest to know the negative points, so here goes:
1. The engine transmission combo feels lethargic during normal driving. I do think this is not a hardware limitation. It seems just the way the throttle has been calibrated. They need to update the throttle mapping to provide a more snappy response and quicker shift desicion. The way it feels now it is like driving a 5 ton vehicle with really slow acceleration when you need it. That is in the normal driving cycle. A drag from standstill sees the 80 warning and then the ton come up quite quickly though. So the engine is quite potent.
2. Fuel efficiency is not that great. I am sitting at 14kpl overall mostly long distances. I do not think it can do better than this in the typical Kerala traffic condition. The torque converter locks up very late if it does at all. And there is noticable elastic effect where the engine revvs but the speed catches up later. Surely not good for the FE.
3. On flat roads lift off the throttle and it coasts freely. Even touching or applying the brakes will not engage the engine braking. This will surely eat up the brake pads quickly. I just hope they will last at least 15k kms when the first service is due. Other side of this is that on downgrades it senses the incline and engages the engine braking.
4. Quality issues galore. There are certain squeaks coming from plastic parts like the touchscreen and steering console randomly. No rattles till date but creaky squeaks. Then there are the stalks. They have some play in them. The steering wheel has some sharp molding lines exposed for which I had to take a shaving blade and slice them off. The cover for the rain sensor on the windshield seems flimsy. The outside door handles also have some fore aft play in them. There are areas where the paint job is shoddy. Thankfully in my case they are all hidden beneath the bonnet near the hinges or behind the fuel filler cap. Not expected at this price point.
5. In the typical Chrysler style no filling fuel past the auto cut off. Any extra fuel filled drains out on the ground from an outlet below the wheel arch. I knew this earlier from a US experience and tried it on my first full tank on the Compass. Confirmed.
6. The seats can feel hard over long distances. The passengers complained of the same issue as well. This might vary from person to person.
7. The auto start stop is a bit quirky. Sometimes it waits for a few seconds to kick in. By the time it kicks in the traffic is already moving and the engine fires back up with a hard recoil on the steering wheel if we had begun to turn it. The kick is strong enough to dislocate a wrist bone. Unfortunately there is no straightforward way to permanently disable the start stop. I plan to try out something like AlfaOBD or something like that after a bit if research. I could change the auto start stop default to Off on my X1 using Bimmercode. Hoping for something similar for the Jeep as well.
8. The rear liftgate open height cannot be adjusted. For those having a low garage ceiling please be careful. If opened by mistake just press the button again and it will close without opeing fully. Or it can be stopped with the hand and it will go back down.

These are what I have observed in a week. Now fingers crossed on the reliability aspect.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th January 2023 at 17:00. Reason: Reuploading images.
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:29   #4103

Hi

As per the official feature list, Jeep Compass Model S has "Cornering Lights". There is even a setting in the infotainment screen to Enable/Disable Cornering Lights.

However, I do not see any cornering lights turn on based on the steering wheel turn. Wanted to understand from current Model S owners if anyone has:

- Actually seen cornering lights work on their Compass
- if there is something that I need to do to make it work?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th January 2023, 15:19   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriplover View Post
Hi

As per the official feature list, Jeep Compass Model S has "Cornering Lights". There is even a setting in the infotainment screen to Enable/Disable Cornering Lights.

However, I do not see any cornering lights turn on based on the steering wheel turn. Wanted to understand from current Model S owners if anyone has:

- Actually seen cornering lights work on their Compass
- if there is something that I need to do to make it work?

Thanks in advance
Basically the fog light comes on in the direction you are turning the wheel in. If you already have the fog lights on beforehand I don't think there is any effect.
sid3091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:38   #4105
Senior - BHPian

Some encouraging news.

Courtesy Autocar India.

Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:53   #4106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Some encouraging news.

Courtesy Autocar India.

https://Youtu.be/PY_aNBHCbwU
I seriously doubt this. "Age like fine wine" , really. We have so many people having issues with the car that's not even done 50k. Rattles and mechanical failure, electrical issues, engine breakdowns and most recently intake manifold issues.

We even have a thread here on the forum where the owner very clearly says that his Compass aged rather quickly within 5 years. My own experience was the same. The car drives well till it is working, but it definitely doesn't age well.

Even the SVC guys say that as you clock more mileage the NVH keeps increasing.

Had it been this good as is claimed in the video the resale would have been sky high but we all know how the situation in on the ground.

Looks like a paid advertorial particularly due the bad QC issues that Jeep has been plagued with recently. Bad paint job, rattles, unending electrical gremlins, peeling screens on the head unit, premature alternator failures, CAT CON and DPF issues, the list is endless.

To top it all up very less SVC outlets and waiting times to get the vehicle serviced is mind boggling.
Old 16th January 2023, 15:56   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Some encouraging news.
This indicates the tone at the top in order to overcome the bad image caused by multiple quality issues of the car.
If the spirit behind this video gets translated to the consistent real world customer experience then it would do good for the product as well as the manufacturer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th January 2023 at 17:01. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags.
CArspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:51   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Some encouraging news.

Courtesy Autocar India.
Whether its real or not, maintenance of the car plays a key role. arunjosie's compass is very well documented on maintenance. Another I came across was run 1.7lac with routine maintenance and still running. Barring few odd issues, its a well engineered car and with good maintenance, should serve well in long run.
bullitt1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 08:52   #4109

Hi Guys,

We are in process of replacing 2017 BRV and have short listed JEEP but having doubts about long term reliability after reading recent comments on this thread.

I like reviews of mhawk from Mahindra but as a package and styling not a fan of xuv700. But also don't want to regret buying Jeep at a premium and having rattles, failures etc.

I do like Trailhawk's off road capabilities but is it worth premium over XUV700?

Kodiaq also considered but waiting time is crazy.

Thank you
Old 17th January 2023, 09:51   #4110
BHPian

Took delivery of my Jeep Compass Limited(O) over the weekend. It's been a crazy few months since I sold my XL6 trying to decide on what to buy and whats available quickly. Had moved from a Toyota Hyryder booking to an XUV700 booking, but finally its the Compass thats come home

Booking and Delivery experience : Took a TD with MPS Jeep HSR layout, was in love with the solidity and handling and booked the car the same day. Since it was December, they had 3 white-with-black-roof Limited(O) variants available. These were November 2022 manufactured and by the time I booked it was down to 1 car remaining. Mr. Johnson (SA) was polite, clear and knowledgeable. He tried to match the insurance, but allowed me to take it outside. Delivery was a nice experience with cake cutting, explanation of important features and 15l of petrol filled in.

Took the car straight away to Reflecton for their UNCR ceramic coating. This is my second vehicle getting the UNCR coating and I must say its really good. It keeps the gloss and shine, makes cleaning easy and amazing hydrophobic abilities. The XL6 lasted for 2 years in pristine condition with the coating before I sold the car off.

Driving experience: Coming from the XL6, I do feel that the Compass is slightly lethargic, but I am beginning to start the sedate driving age now . Car feels planted and absorbs all of Bangalore's never ending bad roads without a problem. AC seems to be taking more time to cool the cabin, could be because of the really thin and small vents, but not a big issue so far. My first vehicle with a sunroof and its really welcome function given that it really brightens up the cabin. Have a long drive over the western ghats planned this weekend, so it would be really good.

Accessories: Got the basic mud-flaps, permium car cover, air inflator, magnetic sunshades and 7D mats from the dealer as part of the 25k accessories. Got the regular Jeep welcome kit, with a key cover, air freshner, key-chain, cap and a tote bag.

All-in-all feeling happy after 14 years of Maruti vehicles. While Maruti had no niggles whatsoever and easy to maintain, I was really missing out on the solid feel and powerful engine.

Signing off the post with some pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-delivery.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-view1.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-view2.jpeg  

sparks4077 is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks