Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
4,649,954 views Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 00:37   #4171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG23 View Post
Bought my compass model s 4x4 back in August 2022, its done 8000kms only and here are the issues ivíe faced so far, id advise new buyers to be vary of countless big and small faults and be ready for all the service center visits ..


Auto start stop not working
Usb ports not working
Faulty silver box screen going blank
Rattling noises from B pillars
Faulty tyre pressure monitor
Headlight not turning ON
DRLís not turning OFF even with the car off.


The issues keep coming and the service centres will keep holding the car until they take their own sweet time to fix it.

It really starts to take a toll on you. You do not expect these things from a 36 lakh car. Existing owners pls comment

Hello, and I empathise with the issues you're facing. Our Jeep Compass (Diesel Manual, Limited [O]) is ~five months old with ~12,000 KM.

I have had the following two issues thus far, out of which I've only complained about one which was a "non-issue" in the end.

1. Sequin sound from the sunroof. I have pinpointed it in the front (sliding) panel, and it is not continuous. It occurs when the car is idle or even less frequently when it is below ~2,000 RPM. I have not complained to the service centre during my visits.

2. Around ~8,000 KM I was reversing the car on a narrow street when the proximity sensors went read and started alerting for an object near the car. Even though I could not see anything in the mirrors, I got down and double-checked for the issue, I wiped the sensors with a dry cloth, but the sound continued. I switched off the car, waited a minute or so and turned it back on, but the sound persisted even if the car was not in the reverse gear. I switched the car off again, and the second time, the sound was gone. I reversed the car at multiple angles to check 3 of the sensors and found them to be working. Given my nature, I visited the service centre the next day, and they scanned the car for error and even tested it in front of me. No issues were found.

That is it, I've not faced any additional issues thus far (thank God )

If I may ask, which city are you from? I've had very professional and warm interactions with the Landmark/Jeep service centres in Mumbai.
parthdmaniar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 00:54   #4172
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Pune
Posts: 68
Thanked: 111 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Curious about the rear camera performance at night. Do you get a lot of glare in rear camera feed at night ? I am looking for a dual channel cam for my Jeep Compass. Thank you
Hey am using a three channel Dashcam from Viofo without any hard wiring. Have put the photos on page 235. The dash cam is clear and have not faced any issues with it. The price is on the higher side but this was the only dashcam which had wired that were long enough to cover the entire car

Sharing some photos of the dash cam as well
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-backseat.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_2074.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-viofo-box.jpeg

Last edited by AbhishekMushran : 10th March 2023 at 01:04. Reason: Adding photos
AbhishekMushran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 09:11   #4173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG23 View Post
Bought my compass model s 4x4 back in August 2022, its done 8000kms only and here are the issues ivíe faced so far, id advise new buyers to be vary of countless big and small faults and be ready for all the service center visits ..


Auto start stop not working
Usb ports not working
Faulty silver box screen going blank
Rattling noises from B pillars
Faulty tyre pressure monitor
Headlight not turning ON
DRLís not turning OFF even with the car off.


The issues keep coming and the service centres will keep holding the car until they take their own sweet time to fix it.

It really starts to take a toll on you. You do not expect these things from a 36 lakh car. Existing owners pls comment
I had faced some of the above issues and it was solved after a software update. If you are from Bangalore visit PPS Hosur and they should be able to sort it out. Iíve had good experience with them even though the vehicle was purchased from Kolhapur.
knightfurry is offline  
Old 12th March 2023, 09:20   #4174
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
As a first-time car owner, there are multitudes of learning, and I hope to document our learning as our beloved Jeep Compass crossed 10,000 km within five months of ownership.

The learnings are not technical or comprehensive, but I sincerely wish they help other members positively.


1. Requirements and research are vital; however, avoid getting lost in the negative comments online:


[/b]
In a sea of negative experiences for this beautiful machine your post is like a beacon of hope that Jeep can manage a niggle free car.

We purchased 4X4 S trim in August 2022 and after 15,000 kms I can safely say the car is niggle free. Highway is the true home of compass and it excels in all parameters required for a proper long distance cruiser.

Attaching my last tripís pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-a69b6104ad04484cb845ce54834d4780.jpeg  

knightfurry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 10:35   #4175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 35
Thanked: 42 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfurry View Post
In a sea of negative experiences for this beautiful machine your post is like a beacon of hope that Jeep can manage a niggle free car.

We purchased 4X4 S trim in August 2022 and after 15,000 kms I can safely say the car is niggle free. Highway is the true home of compass and it excels in all parameters required for a proper long distance cruiser.

Attaching my last tripís pic.
Must be a great experience. In fact in my short stint with the same car in green color, I realized, the car settles very well in the speed range of 45 to 65 kmph, as I drive mostly through city adjoining highways for my daily commute, yet to go into proper open roads. The only range it slightly struggles is to quickly pick up from 20 to 45 kmph, where, if you push hard, it tries to hold onto the lower gear and the power maxes out at about 3.5k RPM. At that moment, you feel a crunch, mostly during a demanding swoop past overtake just after you applied brakes to slow down and then demand for a quick acceleration to go to the next lane ahead of the slower vehicle in there.

Other than that, it is so far a fantastic vehicle to drive.
d2krish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 12:17   #4176
BHPian
 
Harsha89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Undisclosed
Posts: 117
Thanked: 323 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Regarding the sluggish gearbox response as posted by others, I too had faced the same. Low fuel economy (10-11 Km/L) & slow acceleration below 60 km/Hr. I did a bit of research and went ahead for a remap from Wolf Moto. Their quoted post remap figures were 210 BHP & 420 Nm of torque along with a 15% increase in fuel economy. I went ahead and post remap the vehicle feels very responsive and smooth. The in cabin droning noise during acceleration has almost disappeared. The Jeep feels smoother to accelerate and reach 100 km/hr in roughly 1-1.5 seconds less, though I have not timed it. In-gear acceleration has improved tremendously and vehicle barely lags. Fuel efficiency ranges from 13-15 km/L depending on traffic and speed maintained, earlier it was around 10-11 km/L. And most importantly, gearbox seems to hold the right gear 90% of the time and even when it upshifts, there is ample torque to power up and the vehicle comes into powerband instantly.
I would suggest owners unhappy with the performance to give it a try. I’m attaching a photo of the fuel economy after a highway drive with moderate traffic.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-93585280c2ec4e1a90f9a46b453fdd4a.jpeg
Harsha89 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 14:29   #4177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hello,

I hope my messages find the members and their loved ones safe and healthy.

I went to Jeep India's website and saw that longitude (O) & the TrailHawk version are removed, while a manual transmission is only available in diesel.

I sincerely wish that there was a 4x4 in a manual transmission. I would buy a compass with manual transmission and a 4x4 or even the Trailhawk with manual transmission.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-untitled.png  

parthdmaniar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 10:39   #4178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: BENGALURU
Posts: 293
Thanked: 446 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Folks, though there are many reports of niggles being posted but very rarely see happy owner's posts. Request all owners to post their experience.

Mine is 22 2D MT Long run about 16000km, no issues till date except for occasional squeaks in initial days. Terrific driver's suv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Regarding the sluggish gearbox response as posted by others, I too had faced the same. Low fuel economy (10-11 Km/L) & slow acceleration below 60 km/Hr. I did a bit of research and went ahead for a remap from Wolf Moto. Their quoted post remap figures were 210 BHP & 420 Nm of torque along with a 15% increase in fuel economy.
Attachment 2427822
Thats great figures, did you dyno to check the numbers? As its a remap, would it be possible to switch to factory map when going for service to avoid warranty issues.
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:11   #4179
BHPian
 
Harsha89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Undisclosed
Posts: 117
Thanked: 323 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Thats great figures, did you dyno to check the numbers? As its a remap, would it be possible to switch to factory map when going for service to avoid warranty issues.
I have not checked on a dyno, I’m just quoting the advertised figures. When going in for a service, unless there is a pending SW update or diagnostics check, the remap will go unnoticed. I have 3 years of extended warranty remaining and yet went ahead. Driveability and performance matter most to me. As it goes, Multijet engines are very rugged as well as the 9-speed TC gearbox. In fact after the remap the engine sounds less strained and the gearbox also appears smarter and shifts perfectly at almost all speeds.
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:46   #4180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: BENGALURU
Posts: 293
Thanked: 446 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
I have not checked on a dyno, Iím just quoting the advertised figures. When going in for a service, unless there is a pending SW update or diagnostics check, the remap will go unnoticed. I have 3 years of extended warranty remaining and yet went ahead. Driveability and performance matter most to me. As it goes, Multijet engines are very rugged as well as the 9-speed TC gearbox. In fact after the remap the engine sounds less strained and the gearbox also appears smarter and shifts perfectly at almost all speeds.
On 15k service there was a s/w update done on my car, so have to be careful. Anyways, great to know about performance. The original gearbox does'nt do justice to the power and handling of the car.

By the way, did you come across throttle controller. When i was searching for remaps, came across this and some believe that its ideal to have this combination.
bullitt1 is offline  
Old 13th March 2023, 15:06   #4181
BHPian
 
Harsha89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Undisclosed
Posts: 117
Thanked: 323 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
By the way, did you come across throttle controller. When i was searching for remaps, came across this and some believe that its ideal to have this combination.
I donít have any idea regarding throttle controller. But during the time of remap, along the parameters being altered while flashing the ECU, throttle response was improved to facilitate quicker, snappier gear shifts. Now after 1000 km of remap, I can definitely feel the throttle being sharper and it forces downshifts much quicker and in a more natural fashion - without overshooting the RPM counter. Most of the gearshifts happen at around 3000 rpm as opposed to 2300 rpm before the remap. This ensures the engine is in the powerband all the time.
Harsha89 is offline  
Old 13th March 2023, 15:45   #4182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: BENGALURU
Posts: 293
Thanked: 446 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
I donít have any idea regarding throttle controller. But during the time of remap, along the parameters being altered while flashing the ECU, throttle response was improved to facilitate quicker, snappier gear shifts. Now after 1000 km of remap, I can definitely feel the throttle being sharper and it forces downshifts much quicker and in a more natural fashion - without overshooting the RPM counter. Most of the gearshifts happen at around 3000 rpm as opposed to 2300 rpm before the remap. This ensures the engine is in the powerband all the time.
Thanks for the details. Wish you many happy remapped miles, do keep sharing you experience.
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 19:42   #4183
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 18
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hi guys,

Is auto stop-start issue common for all Compass owners?
We have brand new Trailhawk and it stops working even if not used for a day or two.
And then takes its own sweet couple of days to be working again.

Thank you
SuperbNavigator is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 10:01   #4184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: BENGALURU
Posts: 293
Thanked: 446 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperbNavigator View Post
Hi guys,

Is auto stop-start issue common for all Compass owners?
We have brand new Trailhawk and it stops working even if not used for a day or two.
And then takes its own sweet couple of days to be working again.

Thank you
Not had this issue, though from very initial days, i disable auto start-stop every time I drive the car. Notice that this issue is most common in S variant, which has lot more electronics and TH has all features of S.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:07   #4185
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 18
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Not had this issue, though from very initial days, i disable auto start-stop every time I drive the car. Notice that this issue is most common in S variant, which has lot more electronics and TH has all features of S.
That makes sense in terms of electronics. Our TH was OCT22 manufactured and we purchased in Jan23 so not sure if ideal battery can cause this issue also?

I have also heard and read as well that it has an auxiliary battery. If anyone has replaced that one it would be good to know. And lastly would also like to know that if I change from Excide to Amaron outside of dealer does it void warranty ?
SuperbNavigator is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks