Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 13:26   #4261
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their steed
I have a diesel, Manual Jeep compass, night eagle variant, which has just run 3600 kms over 6 months. Yesterday when I took out the car for a shirt ride, I noticed TPMS displaying front right tyre air pressure in red as 31. I got the air pressure raised to 35 from the local vendor( in his meter) but the TPMS was still displaying it as 31 and in Red.
Haven't checked it today. What could be the reason.

Regards

Last edited by fawad0222 : 24th April 2023 at 13:31.
Old 24th April 2023, 17:10   #4262

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying their steed
I have a diesel, Manual Jeep compass, night eagle variant, which has just run 3600 kms over 6 months. Yesterday when I took out the car for a shirt ride, I noticed TPMS displaying front right tyre air pressure in red as 31. I got the air pressure raised to 35 from the local vendor( in his meter) but the TPMS was still displaying it as 31 and in Red.
Haven't checked it today. What could be the reason.

Regards
I had a similar situation and I shut the ignition and restarted the car and got the proper reading.
Old 24th April 2023, 19:45   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Singh View Post
I had a similar situation and I shut the ignition and restarted the car and got the proper reading.
Thanks for the reply. Will check and report back.

Regards

Last edited by fawad0222 : 24th April 2023 at 19:54.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 17:22   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
It would be the grab handle and not the roof. A friend of mine had a similar issue last year. Don’t think there will be a rattle from the roof. Just check that once
Hey, that is so true !! That is what we discovered by accident too. First of all these noises had a life or their own and never showed up during test drives at the ASC. However, finally when they did turn up, the service advisor immediately figured that it was the grab handle. He simply switched it for another one. Now, not sure if that is the problem or that just solves the problem temporarily. I sometimes still hear faint noises from the area occasionally, so probably it is a fit & finish issue that gets exaggerated over time?
deevilslair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 20:37   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
Hey, that is so true !! That is what we discovered by accident too. First of all these noises had a life or their own and never showed up during test drives at the ASC. However, finally when they did turn up, the service advisor immediately figured that it was the grab handle. He simply switched it for another one. Now, not sure if that is the problem or that just solves the problem temporarily. I sometimes still hear faint noises from the area occasionally, so probably it is a fit & finish issue that gets exaggerated over time?
Hey Deevil.
Have now been using my jeep for over 18 months and have clocked over 21K Kms. So far no issues with rattles or any mechanical issues with the car completely enjoying the driving experience. I have the S(02) so assuming that the issues have been sorted on the newer versions
Regards,
Abhishek
AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 23:17   #4266

Is anyone facing issues with jeep life app? Mine is not able to connect with vehicle since last 10 days.
Says unable to establish connection
SuperbNavigator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 12:53   #4267

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperbNavigator View Post
Is anyone facing issues with jeep life app? Mine is not able to connect with vehicle since last 10 days.
Says unable to establish connection
My Jeep Life app is working fine. Try calling Jeep India's toll free number (1800 266 5337) and choose option 3. Last time I had connectivity issues, I had to take it to the service station, where SA removed and reconnected dongle to sync it again. I was told it could be resolved remotely too, but haven't done that myself yet.
dhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 23:26   #4268
BHPian

Hello,

I hope my message finds the members and their loved ones safe and healthy.

I plan to take our Jeep Compass (Limited Diesel Manual [hence a front wheel drive]) to Ladakh and Smriti Valley. However, I saw videos wherein the ground clearance was a problem. Thus if I may request:

1. Precautions to take for the journey and destination being an exploration of Ladakh.

2. Accessories I must have (I have a puncher repair kit, tyre inflator, default spare tyre and the jack). I have one tyre (left rear) with a repaired puncher. Overall the car has been driven ~15,000 KM in ~7 months & is running on default tyres.

3. Is it advisable (or if there is an alternative) to remove/replace the front to not scrape the lower end of the bumper? The Trailhawk model does not have this underneath section (or the bumper is designed differently). If my thought process is incorrect, please pardon me. (first-time car owner )

3.B - What is the name and purpose of the part since I have heard it scrape even while I exit from the Jeep Service Center :(

4. Any other precautions that the members feel are appropriate.
Attached Images

Old 3rd May 2023, 11:28   #4269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhana View Post
My Jeep Life app is working fine. Try calling Jeep India's toll free number (1800 266 5337) and choose option 3. Last time I had connectivity issues, I had to take it to the service station, where SA removed and reconnected dongle to sync it again. I was told it could be resolved remotely too, but haven't done that myself yet.
For me they tried at workshop but could not fix. Now I need to keep dongle disconnected for 3 days and visit again on Friday. Let's see how it goes
Old 3rd May 2023, 15:36   #4270
BHPian

Chanced upon this video, 23 Compass getting a Sport mode finally atleast in petrol. When enquired with my previous SA, he didnt have any idea and told that petrol models will be available only from June, would be great to get this mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-sport.png  

bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 22:00   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Chanced upon this video, 23 Compass getting a Sport mode finally atleast in petrol. When enquired with my previous SA, he didnt have any idea and told that petrol models will be available only from June, would be great to get this mode.
Could you share the video?
This looks like a LHD variant, similar to the Brazil spec Compass below -:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc1.png

OT: Any chance we'll also get paddle shifters like the Brazilian model?
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc2.png
kronos596 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 09:41   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos596 View Post
Could you share the video?
This looks like a LHD variant, similar to the Brazil spec Compass below -:
Attachment 2446890

OT: Any chance we'll also get paddle shifters like the Brazilian model?
Attachment 2446891
Seems like a used car dealer in Istanbul.

bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:06   #4273
BHPian

The website of Jeep India is glitchy to say the least. While trying to download the brochure it directs us to a google drive, which apparently gives an error message. Also now they have come up with a 5th anniversary edition without giving any clue as to what is different than the other variants. Just another sticker job maybe?
Old 4th May 2023, 16:37   #4274

Hello everyone,

So I just started having a very weird problem.

When I am going above 80 Kmph, after the warning tone comes.. somewhere around 90 a werid static starts coming from one of left speakers. I am unable to isolate where the sound is coming from exactly. It's like a static heard during bad reception of a radio channel.

Althe first time it happened today, I just slammed the brake fearing if something was sparking inside the engine bay. Then, later when I tried replicating the issue, I understood it's more of a static from one of the speakers.

I am driving petrol AT model S bought in March.

Any idea what it could be.

Last edited by Stark7426 : 4th May 2023 at 17:05.
Old 4th May 2023, 19:03   #4275
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I am planning to upgrade from Ford Freestyle 1.5D which is a gem in it's segment to Jeep Compass Model S in early 2024 . I wanted to know what is the average waiting period in Bengaluru and what are the chances of this model's availability in 2024 as most carmakers (VW, Skoda, Honda) are moving towards petrol engines?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks