Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 14:56   #4201
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, what are the latest offers on the Compass? My friend got a quote of around INR 33.8L for a 2022 Diesel Auto. Same model for 2023 gets only 50k cash discount and you have to pay 25K more for the dongle (which is ridiculous). Is this a good deal?

Could I kindly request the variety that your friend is looking for? I can get a reasonable quote. I have not heard of an additional quote for a dongle (further, what dongle is this?).

Thank you.
Old 26th March 2023, 15:40   #4202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
Could I kindly request the variety that your friend is looking for? I can get a reasonable quote. I have not heard of an additional quote for a dongle (further, what dongle is this?).

Thank you.
This is the dongle that makes the 'connected features' work. 2022 models and before had it by default but now Jeep is charging extra for it. My friend is looking for Model S Diesel AT. Simple. He got a revised quote for INR 33.25L on-road (excluding insurance) for the 2023 variant.
Old 27th March 2023, 00:39   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the dongle that makes the 'connected features' work. 2022 models and before had it by default but now Jeep is charging extra for it. My friend is looking for Model S Diesel AT. Simple. He got a revised quote for INR 33.25L on-road (excluding insurance) for the 2023 variant.
So, how much discount is being offered?

When discussing prices, it’s always useful to either quote discount amount directly, or OTR prices pre and post discount. The road-taxes differ across states, and I find it incredibly difficult to react to absolute OTR offer without looking at OTR for the specific state first (very cumbersome)
Old 27th March 2023, 11:03   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
So, how much discount is being offered?

When discussing prices, it’s always useful to either quote discount amount directly, or OTR prices pre and post discount. The road-taxes differ across states, and I find it incredibly difficult to react to absolute OTR offer without looking at OTR for the specific state first (very cumbersome)
You are absolutely right. This is HR registration. The 2022 variant is getting a 2 Lakh cash discount. I am not sure about the 2023 variant but the price offered is very close to the 2022 price. So I am guessing he is offering around 1.25-1.5L on the 2023 cars.
Old 27th March 2023, 13:32   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys my 2022 Compass Petrol S has developed an issue with its dashboard lights. Basically it doesn't seem to be detecting day/night and isn't dimming the screen or the instrument cluster at night. Even setting the headlamps from 'auto' to 'light on' isn't solving this. I have factory reset the infotainment but it doesn't seem like it has fixed the issue.

Has anyone ever faced this? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Just an update guys - Jeep fixed this issue and sent the car back to me within 5-6 hours.

Last edited by sid3091 : 27th March 2023 at 13:32. Reason: typo
Old 28th March 2023, 00:56   #4206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are absolutely right. This is HR registration. The 2022 variant is getting a 2 Lakh cash discount. I am not sure about the 2023 variant but the price offered is very close to the 2022 price. So I am guessing he is offering around 1.25-1.5L on the 2023 cars.
Not bad discount if one can push to close to 2l for ‘23 model.

Alternate school of through is to consider Meridian 4x2 auto for around the same money as discounts are fatter on Meridian. It’s a significantly bigger car with better steering, ride etc. WDYT?
Old 28th March 2023, 09:23   #4207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Just an update guys - Jeep fixed this issue and sent the car back to me within 5-6 hours.
Can you please elaborate how this issue was resolved? I am having the same problem since yesterday. I have to manually go into the setting and lower the brightness. It seems the car is not able to detect low light levels outside because the 'night time brightness' setting is greyed out. But then I cannot manually lower the brightness of the instrument cluster. The manual rotator near the headlamp switch also doesnt seem to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Not bad discount if one can push to close to 2l for ‘23 model.

Alternate school of through is to consider Meridian 4x2 auto for around the same money as discounts are fatter on Meridian. It’s a significantly bigger car with better steering, ride etc. WDYT?
In fact he was looking for a 7 seater and hence he was also considering the Safari. 4X2 Meridian is indeed a good option and let me pitch it to him.

Last edited by Pancham : 28th March 2023 at 09:24.
Old 28th March 2023, 09:46   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please elaborate how this issue was resolved? I am having the same problem since yesterday. I have to manually go into the setting and lower the brightness. It seems the car is not able to detect low light levels outside because the 'night time brightness' setting is greyed out. But then I cannot manually lower the brightness of the instrument cluster. The manual rotator near the headlamp switch also doesnt seem to work.
From what I understood, it seemed to be a bug from a previous software update. They just had to flash new software and it was done.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 05:19   #4209
BHPian

The Jeep Compass Story

Hello fellow Bhpians,
This is my first long post on team bhp.
I’ve been thinking about writing this piece for a longtime but my weak writing skills kept me away. After praying to Lord Ganpati several times I finally gathered the courage to share my story.

LOVE CARS LIVE CARS

I’ve been lurking around the t-bhp forum for a very very long time. 13 years to be precise. Bought my Silver Tallboy (Ritz Vdi) after reading the review on T-bhp. I think it was the 1st official review. I’m not a petrol (diesel) head but I love automobiles, I love bikes and cars equally. It is more than a machine for me. I feel they live and breathe with us, they are our companions. I’m very particular about maintaining my vehicles and everyone in the family (including the all powerful and supreme Wifey) is scared of using my cars, scooters or bikes. from 2011 to 2017 Ritz served me well. The FIAT DDIS 1.2 was the best I could buy for my freshers salary. I loved the car for its aerodynamic shape and roomy design. It was love it or hate shape.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-rittz1.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_7802.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_8719.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_8720.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ritz3.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ritz2.jpeg

THE UPGRADE

I was about to get married in the summer of 2017 and the family impromptu decided to upgrade my car along with my marital status 😂. Out of all the options (read Brezza), we finalised Ecosport. We didn’t retire the tallboy yet and it served my brother for another 2 years before we bid him goodbye. Why Ecosport ? Well it was love at first sight for both of us. During our courtship period with my then girlfriend and now wife we always hired ecosport from Zoomcar for our trips in and around Bangalore. We wanted Ecosport for a longtime but couldn’t afford it. Brezza didn’t feel anything different then Ritz. Ecosport aka WhiteFire is a driver's car in and out, definitely well built then puny Brezza(no offence to Brezza owners).
Well put together cabin
Black interiors.
factory fitted leather seats.
6 airbags
reverse parking camera and touch screen infotainment.
Well sorted dynamics and good high speed manners
Fuss free and low cost of ownership.

Dislikes
Suspension. You can feel everything at low speeds.
No android auto / Apple car play.
Front and rear armrest missing.
Tailgate opens on the wrong side.

It was difficult to find a Ecosport in ready stock as the facelift was round the corner so dealers had very limited inventory. We finally found a diamond white Titanium (O) at Talera Ford. Immediately booked, got the loan process done and the vehicle was home within 3 days. I have very special memories with this car. Got my wife home and this is our baby’s 1st car too. It took good care of us and carried us wherever we wanted to go. It is still in very good shape and it can last for another 10-15 years for sure.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ecosport1.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.22.12.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.22.12-3.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.22.12-2.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.22.12-1.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.22.12-4.jpeg

FAUDA - December 2018 - Bangalore.

Jeep Compass was launched in the month of August 2017. We loved the design but didn’t think of it much as we had just got Ecosport in April + it was way out of budget. In mid 2018 Jeep launched Limited plus and oh boy! We ( I & wife) fell head over heels. We were seriously thinking of buying it. We approached PPS Jeep, Bangalore (oh yes we had shifted from Pune to Bangalore soon after marriage) and they were kind enough to get the vehicle from Hosur Road to Bellandur. Jeep dealerships have one of the best sales guys. We test drove the Manual Diesel in Bangalore rush hours and that's when we realised, WE NEED AN AUTOMATIC. An auto would also be easy for wifey to drive around. We tried Petrol auto and I wasn’t particularly impressed with the engine + I was unsure about the DCT gearbox’s reliability. A few months later PPS SA called to inform about the launch of Trailhawk in Diesel auto avatar. I was crazy excited and nervous. I wasn't able to sleep at night and every minute felt like a burden. All this anxiety, excitement was shattered when Jeep announced the pricing. No way we could afford it and it had some glaring omissions. I was so upset with Jeep that I wrote a very nasty email to their top management for putting out an unrealistic product. They were killing a very desirable product with a very poor lineup. Few days after recovering from my heartache we closed the Jeep topic for good.

Fauda - June 2019 - Pune

My Father in Law was looking to upgrade his i20 to an automatic. He wasn’t sure which vehicle or class he wanted. We tried everything from 3 Big Germans to Hyundai to Mini. Around the same time Kia launched SELTOS and it looked like a value for money product. There was a crazy rush once the vehicles arrived in the showroom. We didn’t like the HT (top end variant of diesel auto at launch I guess). Kia was quick to launch HTX within a month and after the madness subsided we took a proper long test drive. Although it was a good package we decided against buying it, reasons if you may ask?
  1. The suspensions maxed out easily on full load.
  2. Jack of all trades, master of none.
  3. Not so impressive safety ratings.
  4. Too many copies on the road.

While returning from Kia’s showroom we decided to ‘peep’ in the Jeep showroom which was on the way home. By this time my Father in Law was clear he wanted a petrol automatic with all bells and whistles, a safe car with minimum tantrums and a service centre within 5-7 kms from his house.

We test drove the Compass Petrol Auto and he felt the performance was adequate for his usage. Build quality and rest was impressive in the limited plus variant. We had our apprehension regarding the engine + DCT combo. After a lot of discussion and parking test we booked a Limited Plus petrol auto. That night my father in law saw a lot of videos, read tons of stuff and the next morning he cancelled. We finally bought Ecosport Petrol Auto. Sasta, Sundar, Tikau.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.46.30.jpeg

LHS is my Ecosport and RHS is my FIL's Ecosport

Fauda - September- 2019

Remember our Tall boy? It was with my brother and had started showing signs of ageing. With 1.5L on odo he didn’t want to stretch the car any further in the meantime he got a good hike too. Ritz had zero airbags, no ABS and so safety was another concern. He was looking for an upgrade and we zeroed down on Nexon. Just then we started seeing spy shots of facelift nexon and decided against nexon. Enter - Jeep Compass! Since he was tight on budget we zeroed down on the Sport variant. At 18L it was devoid of any creature comforts and the small 5 inch touch screen made matters worse. Out goes Jeep compass, comes in Ecosport S Diesel Manual.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.52.22.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-04.52.22-1.jpeg

With 3 hit and miss compass was written off as unreachable. All our cars were now safe, updated and good for another 5 years.

THE COMPASS SAGA.

2020-2021 were uneventful. All of us were in Pune and all Ecosports were doing well. After Ford announced its exit we tried to get our hands on Endy but most of them were sold out. Dealers were quoting well above the average price on the few that were in stock with them. I also stopped servicing whitefire after horrible experiences at Talera as well as Shivalik Ford.

My WhiteFire’s odo at the end of 2022 stood at 75K and it was up for some major repairs. Replaced following parts at my Brother-in-Law’s garage:
  • Steering rack replaced
  • Engine mounts
  • Gearbox mounts
  • Front Shocks bushing
  • Battery

We had no plans to let WhiteFire go as it was in good shape and with above repairs it was back in all its glory. We did a couple of long drives after Covid restrictions eased down. Longest after Covid was Pune - Bengaluru - Madhurai - Kodai - Bengaluru - Pune.

Since Covid had disappeared, by mid of 2022 my wife got called back to her office. In between I had quit my job and started my own business in Pune so this time she was going to shift alone with my 4 years old son. 2022 saw Bengaluru drowning in rains and we heard / saw all sorts of horror stories. This is when we decided to buy a car for my wife. She had three main criterias:
  1. SUV
  2. Safe
  3. Auto

Good to have was a sizeable upgrade from Ecosport

After some research we found none of the cars in C-SUV / neo SUV had good Diesle auto options. We steered clear from Kushaq due to 1000s of quality and failure issues reported by our members. We liked the Nexon EV Max but rear seat comfort was disappointing. Also since it was going to be the only car in Bengaluru we thought of holding on to Petrol / Diesel for anxiety free long drives.

Almost all cars felt dated compared to Ecosport nor did it feel like a significant upgrade. We test drove the following:

Nexon EV Max. - good vehicle with permanent range anxiety.
Harrier - we could have bought it if the steering was lighter. Wifey, a 1st time driver, felt it was too huge for her comfort. Harrier also felt a bit dated and many essential missing features like 360 cameras, led projector headlights and Infotainment system was a huge turn off. My 2017 Ecosport has a better touch screen. Inconsistent fit and finish was also another issue.
C5 AirCross - we came out with a huge smile on our face after driving it on a bad patch of road. The engine gearbox combo was perfect but the interiors were B O R I N G. The car felt dated and we were ready to adjust but the pricing was way off. We dropped C5.
XUV 7OO - didn’t want it / didn’t like it but had to check it out due social pressure. Family and friends would have shamed us for not even checking it out.
Thar - we flirted with the idea for a couple of hours and then came back to our senses.
Tucson(pre facelift) : It was ok and that’s it.

Y. O. L. O.

Compass launched a facelift 2021 and I was glued to the YouTube channel for its launch presentation. I loved the looks and oh boy the interiors looked and felt like a proper luxury car. Jeep had thrown everything they could think of in the Compass. It looked much better and the S variant was properly loaded and most important it had black interiors. To my disappointment they didn’t launch a 4X2 version in Diesel auto nor did they upgrade the petrol mill. The pricing screamed premium!

We took a test drive at PPS Jeep HSR, full marks to PPS guys. They were very courteous and arranged a very well maintained S Diesel AT. We saw the pricing and it was…I don’t know how to explain it. I even contemplated selling my kidney. Premium pricing + Coupled with high road tax in Karnataka made it a really expensive proposition. We decided to check the prices in Pune and still the pricing was eye watering. My Father-in-Law shot down our plans to break some FDs and then (drumroll) enter pricing with BH registration. It felt so much more affordable! After multiple discussions regarding colours and personally checking it out at Sky Moto’s stockyard we decided to go with Minimal Grey S 4X4. After 2-3 rounds of negotiations with Sky Moto, they only offered to waive the PDI/Handling charges and match the insurance quote. That’s it! No accessories free, not even matting or mudflaps. We immediately booked and started to look for financing options. Some offered fixed and some floating. Thank God we went with a fixed interest rate from SBI. Now the disadvantage of going with Government Banks is they take a lot of time and require tons of documents. Since I had a business, the list of documents kept on increasing. Sky Moto wanted us to bill the vehicle by month end which wasn’t possible as SBI started the approval process on 28th of July @ 8:30 pm. When I went to sign the agreement on 02/08/2022 I saw they had revised the quote, added 15K of PDI which they had initially ‘discounted’ and submitted it to the bank without informing me. I was really furious and came back home without signing the agreement with the bank. We decided to cancel the booking with Sky Moto. We started toying with the idea of getting the vehicle from Landmark, Mumbai. To my utter disappointment they were the worst! SA wasn’t interested in selling and they were not ready to match any insurance quote too! Around the same time my friend who stays in Kankavli (Sindhdurg) got his Compass from Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur. Got the manager’s number and with my friend’s reference got a handsome discount on the vehicle + tons of free Mopar accessories + discount on extended warranty too. We sent them the complete down payment on the same day and came to an agreement to make the remaining payment post PDI. There was a lot of drama in between with the dealer adamant on us paying 50% of the ex showroom as advance but writing about it will extend this already long post. After a couple of trips to Kolhapur and 5 cups of tea they agreed for balance payment once the PDI is complete.
15 days after booking our silver hawk arrived. Except for some paint defects in the bonnet which I let go, the vehicle cleared all the points in the team bhp checklist. We asked the bank to disburse the remaining payment. 4 days after that we got our Silver hawk. Since our baby fell ill on the previous night, everyone in the family dropped out of travelling to Kolhapur. Me and wifey took an early morning state transport bus from Pune to Kolhpaur. It was raining cats and dogs so we had to cut our delivery ceremony short. We took the delivery and drove straight to Mahalaxmi temple and then to Pune.
And this is how we bought the Jeep compass.

Observations and overall experience.
Compass is the true successor of Ecopsort, I wish Ford instead of exiting India got some of their global products. Fords are truly built to last.

We love the car! Highway is where Compass feels truly at home. The car is very calm and composed even at maddening triple digit speeds. Suspension setup is amazing without any lateral movements. We have covered 15,000 kms till date (August to March) and have done multiple long trips.

Pune - Bangalore - Pune - thrice
Pune - Bangalore - Kozhikode - Bangalore - Pune
Pune - Baroda - Pune.

Since many points have been discussed already in various threads, I will refrain from writing any sort of review.
Compass till now has been very reliable with no breakdowns or any squeaking sounds from the interiors.
Thank you Bhpians for reading this long write up. I'll post few more update and experience regarding service and places we have traveled too Signing off with some pics of our silver hawk.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-05.15.55.jpeg
[ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20230331 at 05.15.00.jpeg]Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-05.14.34.jpeg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230331-05.15.00.jpeg  

knightfurry is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 01:27   #4210
BHPian

Congratulations. Finally you got your dream car. Gave you sleepless nights. Wish you many wonderful drives and memories
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:07   #4211
BHPian

If one evaluates the price of Compass model S (and Meridian club limited), considering all its highlights (build quality, safety, etc) is it and if yes by how much is it overpriced compared to other available options like Hycross hybrid, XUV700 etc (keeping looks aside)

I hope Jeep gets 4xe (and a cheaper 2xe) PHEV option for Compass and Meridian
Old 2nd April 2023, 16:43   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
My first suggestion is to check whether the person driving the car is unknowingly pressing the source selection button at the back of the steering wheel between the volume up/down rocker.

If not then please get that button on the wheel itself checked or any of the connections including the clock spring. A bad clock spring can make the infotainment system do many random things.
Sorry for replying late.

I visited the service centre yesterday to address this issue (random jumping of audio source from SD card to FM/AM radio). The technician said they never faced such issue earlier. However, he suggested an alternative to try and see if that resolves the problem.

Compass has 2 external ports in the front panel, 1 USB and 1 USB-C. I plug in a micro sd card reader at the USB-C port, which I play music primarily from. I plug in the dashcam in the USB port. What the technician suggest is that, I better try plugging the dashcam to the 12v socket provided under the rear AC vents. He explains that, the front pair of ports would try to mount the storage to the infotainment system and there might be a conflict if there already is a SD card mounted.

Now, after this guy explained, I thought it through mindfully. Technically USB port can carry both the power as well as control signals. If the camera sends some control signals which conglicts and confuses the infotainment, then erratic behavior is possible.
So, as of now, I thought of trying his suggestion before opening up the fitments and dig deep. I would keep you all informed what happens.

Having said that, did anyone use their dashcam plugged into the front USB/USB-C ports of Compass? If so, did you face any irratic behavior?
FYI, I use Viofo dashcam.

Thanks in advance.
d2krish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:13   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2krish View Post
Sorry for replying late.

However, he suggested an alternative to try and see if that resolves the problem.

Compass has 2 external ports in the front panel, 1 USB and 1 USB-C. I plug in a micro sd card reader at the USB-C port, which I play music primarily from. I plug in the dashcam in the USB port. What the technician suggest is that, I better try plugging the dashcam to the 12v socket provided under the rear AC vents. He explains that, the front pair of ports would try to mount the storage to the infotainment system and there might be a conflict if there already is a SD card
Good to see the Jeep technician think using his brain instead of the other end like they all mostly do. Seeing the use case, he has probably hit the nail on the head. It is surely not the best idea to use the USB A port as a power supply for devices that contain storage like dashcams and such. Unless the device itself has some setting to switch off the data transfer protocol like mobile phones have. Do update please on the final outcome, thanks!
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 03:13   #4214
BHPian

My Red Jeep Compass
It is almost a year since i bought my Jeep Compass.
Variant : 2.0 Limited diesel manual 4x2
Colour : Red
Kms driven : 23,000

History
• My first car was a white Alto bought in 2003. Used it for 8 years about 97,000 kms
• Second car was a used grey colourSwift diesel 2008 model bought in 2011. Odometer reading was 36,500 kms at the time of purchase and used it till 1,65,000 kms
• Third car was again a used one. Fiat Linea mjd Emotion tuscon wine colour 2013 model bought in 2015. At the time of purchase it was used for just 6,500 kms. It has been my most exhilarating ride till date and still have it at 1,92,000 kms.
• Finally in March end 2022, booked Jeep Compass diesel manual. Got delivery in approx 10-12 days.

Ever since Jeep was introduced in India in 2017, I had my eyes on it, but my means did not permit. I did not consider any other SUV, nor did test dive any. Around mid of 2021, I decided to check out used Jeep compass. Why Used? – My past experiences with the used Swift and Linea were very good. For about 8 months I searched the used market, but could not find the right colour or variant or the condition. Moreover, the asking price was a bit too much. 2017/18 models asking price was in the range of 16-19 lakhs and driven around 35-50k kms. During a few of my car inspections, I took my wife along. She was Ok with whichever model I picked up. Then around Feb 2022, I took her to the showroom to see the new Jeep Compass. She was very impressed with the new interiors and the sun roof. The decision was made then to go for the new Compass. However, there some inhibitions regarding the price. A lot of people saying that it is overpriced. Before taking a final decision, went to check out the Tata Harrier. The top end manual was around 25 lakhs. Difference of around 3 lakhs. Harrier looks great on the outside, but the interiors were not as good as the compass.

The new Compass Limited variant was coming around 28 lakhs on road. This is what it exactly cost me
Ex-showroom price : 23,39,000/-
TCS @ 1% : 23,390/-
RTO + handling : 3,77,850/-
Insurance : 53,599/-
Extended warranty : 38,000/-
TOTAL :28,31,839/-

There were no discounts offered and the only money I could save was from taking insurance independently. Since there was a chance of price increase from April, I made the Ex showroom payment on 29th March. Vin No. was provide on 1st April. Vehicle arrived on th April. Did PDI on 7th April at the showroom. Paid the balance RTO and handling charges. Got delivery on 9th April. Got the number plates fixed on 12th April. RC card received on 20th May.

EXPERIENCE SO FAR
Showroom – showroom experience has been good. Only issue was that we were made to wait for around 2 hours for the delivery. Seems the vehicle was getting washed and cleaned. I did not purchse any accessories from the showroom. Mud flaps and floor mats were purchased online.

Service centre – Nothing to complain about as such. The first inspection was scheduled at 1,500 kms. I had driven the jeep within 80-90 kmph for the intial 500 kms and later picked up to 100-110 kmph. Did a highway trip from Chennai to Bangalore and back. During the 1,500 kms inspection, I requested the service centre to change the engine oil. They said that change is only required at 15,000 kms. However, I insisted that since it is new engine and I would like to get the oil changed to get rid of any metal debris. Finally they agreed and charged me for the same. Next service was scheduled for 15,000 kms. However, I did another oil change at 6,500 kms and to my surprise found some metals shavings in the discarded oil.
At around 4,000 kms the def warning lights came on and the Jeep life app had also stopped updating. Got both done at the service centre. Had to leave the jeep overnight for the Jeep life app. Ever since, def top up has been done at BP bunk.
15,000 km service cost me around 12K. Did the wheel alignment and balancing outside. The service centre charges around 2.5k, which is too high. Did not opt for the car washing, only inside cleaning. I was not happy with the quality of the wash at the time of taking delivery, hence opted out of it. Even when they clean the inside windshield, you can see streaks during night drive and had to clean it myself.

Likes & Dislikes
• Good highway manners. Very stable at high speeds too, although I would rate it below my Linea.
• Excellent braking.
• Comfortable ride. I have done numerous 12-15 hour drives. Better than the Linea.
• Decent mileage – I get around 16-17 kmpl for consistently on hhighways at speed between 100- 120 kmph. City mileage is around 11 kmpl.The MID display of fuel efficiency is very accurate when compared with tank full to full method.
• Headlights – Decent. Could have been better. But an absolute nightmare in heavy fog. I think it’s a problem with all the modern day white lights
• Infotainment – very good. Plays music for hours together, wired or wireless. No hanging issues.
The jeep is at 23,000 kms and it has been wonderful till date. No issues so far. Hope it stays that way.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220622_181613.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220622_181659.jpg
AW1972 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:57   #4215
BHPian

My petrol dct compass completed 12,000 kms in 2 years. Sent it for service to landmark gurgaon. To my shock advisor sent me a bill of 35200. I have asked him not go ahead with the service for now. He is changing spark plugs, cleaning throttle body, brake cleaning Etc. Attaching the details. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-d0a075bced2949ca987809e02ed31e99.jpeg  

Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks