Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:04   #4081
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hi..unfortunately no. The bubble has just increased in numbers and I won't get any extended warranty coverage for the same as the insurance idiots claimed it's a 'cosmetic defect'. However the bubble is noted only when the screen is off. When it's on you can hardly see anything wrong. But still pissed off at the extended insurance not covering it with the silly reason.
My SA had the audacity to dismiss it as water ingress from pressure wash based on this image I shared with him and he mentioned extended warranty doesn’t cover it. There is no limit to their imagination and innovation when it comes to rejecting a warranty claim .
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-1a003042678a4ec28093aa0abc2e61de.jpeg  

Dr Alpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:12   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Alpha View Post
My SA had the audacity to dismiss it as water ingress from pressure wash based on this image I shared with him and he mentioned extended warranty doesn’t cover it. There is no limit to their imagination and innovation when it comes to rejecting a warranty claim .
Well...it wasn't that much of an imagination stretch for my service guy.

Meanwhile, the logical argument I was having with them is went like this. Is the standard warranty = extended warranty?. Answer is Yes. Then will this bubble thing, if it had occurred during standard warranty...would have been covered? Answer is Yes again. So then shouldn't extended warranty honor the same request? Answer is a stupid No...it's cosmetic!

I just gave up. Attaching the latest image but like I said...noticeable only when it's off or else it's hardly visible. Seems our bubble pattern from the middle to top right is almost similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_6401.jpg  

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 2nd January 2023 at 12:22.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:26   #4083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well...it wasn't that much of an imagination stretch for my service guy.

Meanwhile, the logical argument I was having with them is went like this. Is the standard warranty = extended warranty?. Answer is Yes. Then will this bubble thing, if it had occurred during standard warranty...would have been covered? Answer is Yes again. So then shouldn't extended warranty honor the same request? Answer is a stupid No...it's cosmetic!
Looks like (with usage) the outer layer of the screen may have come loose and that has led moisture to enter the gap between the screen and the outer layer. Definitely a manufacturing defect. Old Jeep Compass owners should look out for this issue then. Have you checked if any other (except you two) owners are also facing this issue (perhaps in Jeep Owners' groups)?

Last edited by Sheel : 6th January 2023 at 10:21. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass. No acronyms while referring to car's make / model. Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:57   #4084
BHPian

Quote:

I just gave up. Attaching the latest image but like I said...noticeable only when it's off or else it's hardly visible. Seems our bubble pattern from the middle to top right is almost similar.
Yes the pattern is almost identical. Is your compass a 2018 made one?? Based on discussions on US and UK forums this might worsen to a stage where the u connect randomly turns on the AC and other adjustments. But people got it replaced under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Looks like (with usage) the outer layer of the screen may have come loose and that has led moisture to enter the gap between the screen and the outer layer. Definitely a manufacturing defect. Old JC owners should look out for this issue then. Have you checked if any other (except you two) owners are also facing this issue (perhaps in Jeep Owners' groups)?
Hi pancham…
It looks like a known issue in all jeep vehicles including grand Cherokee from a quick Google search. The most probable cause is heat. The screen can’t be replaced separately. Instead the entire system should be replaced is what I learnt.
Dr Alpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 23:32   #4085
BHPian

Any owners have experience with remapping - especially for the diesel auto variant ? I’m contemplating a Wolf moto remap, mainly to improve low end response. Kindly advise.
Old 3rd January 2023, 09:40   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Alpha View Post
Yes the pattern is almost identical. Is your compass a 2018 made one?? Based on discussions on US and UK forums this might worsen to a stage where the u connect randomly turns on the AC and other adjustments. But people got it replaced under warranty.
Mine is the 2017 one. Yeah, read the same reviews on global sites and weirdly it affects several makes besides Jeep. Anyway, the accessories shop are saying I can replace with an Android but not sure if that's a good idea. So figured to use this max and then see.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 10:46   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Finally got my Jeep Compass night eagle delivered yesterday. Had all callipers painted in red for that contrast with 18 inch full black alloys
Congratulations on your new car @anilntny - it looks awesome and the red brake callipers add that little touch of pizzaz to the overall look..wishing you thousands of safe miles and millions of smiles in the future!

Just wanted to know - how many airbags are there in the Nighteagle edition? There seems to be some confusion as a lot of sites say 6, a few say 4 and still others stick to 2..and the official brochure doesn't even mention the Night Eagle edition trim and features!!

Do let me know.
Thank you.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:33   #4088
BHPian

So it's official now and a poor decision on part of Jeep. They have discontinued the Petrol MT variant citing low sales volumes.

The fact is that they never allowed any potential customer to even test drive the petrol MT, kept telling customers over last few years that the variant is discontinued and then raised the price by 3 lakhs within a span of 6 months. This to me suggests that Jeep simply did not want customers to go for this variant even though it was the most VFM variant and the throttle response is noticeably quicker than the DDCT automatic.

https://m.timesofindia.com/auto/cars...w/96559603.cms

Last edited by argchoff : 3rd January 2023 at 14:41. Reason: spacing
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:27   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Congratulations on your new car @anilntny - it looks awesome and the red brake callipers add that little touch of pizzaz to the overall look..wishing you thousands of safe miles and millions of smiles in the future!

Just wanted to know - how many airbags are there in the Nighteagle edition? There seems to be some confusion as a lot of sites say 6, a few say 4 and still others stick to 2..and the official brochure doesn't even mention the Night Eagle edition trim and features!!

Do let me know.
Thank you.
I was told by sales team that, night eagle has just 2 airbags. It is basically longitude with a bigger wheel and black theme.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 21:33   #4090

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Got a year end surprise from Jeep India. I got a call from Landmark Andheri that there was some software update and 40 point check up being done by Jeep India and I should send my car for a couple of hours to the workshop. As we all know the 1.4 Petrol automatic is a little lethargic when building speed, but I don't know if its just me but it seems they must've done some remapping to the engine or gearbox because there is a marked improvement in acceleration since I got back my Jeep. Has anyone else felt the same.
Do you have any other info about this remap ?! I just got my petrol auto and it really does feels lethargic. My brothers MG hector petrol seems a lot more peppy.
Old 10th January 2023, 23:04   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikpillai View Post
Do you have any other info about this remap ?! I just got my petrol auto and it really does feels lethargic. My brothers MG hector petrol seems a lot more peppy.
So like I mentioned, I think they have done some remap, as I have no proof or numbers but I have been driving the Compass for a year and it's responsiveness or the lack thereof has made me fall in love with my octavia all over again, but there is no official statement about it but definitely I have seen a marked improvement in the pick up since I sent the car in for the free software update.
Old 11th January 2023, 11:28   #4092
BHPian

Dear all ,

Please note of a very common / known issue in the JC, where either the battery or the alternator have a history of being unreliable!

Make sure to keep a check on the battery voltage and alarm system.

I had enough power remaining in the battery to take it to the workshop.

Else it would have been a third Flatbed for sure.

Have documented details in below thread, who want to have a further read.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5473191 (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)

Note: They did not agree to replace entire alternator or battery, in spite of highlighting the history.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 11th January 2023 at 11:46.
vinitbhavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:40   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Dear all ,

Please note of a very common / known issue in the JC, where either the battery or the alternator have a history of being unreliable!

Make sure to keep a check on the battery voltage and alarm system.

I had enough power remaining in the battery to take it to the workshop.

Else it would have been a third Flatbed for sure.

have documented details in below thread, who want to have a further read.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5473191 (My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home)
Thanks for highlighting this Vinit. I thought this was just an issue with the older models and the new ones did not have this issue. Will keep a look out and check if anything comes up on the battery front
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:00   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Thanks for highlighting this Vinit. I thought this was just an issue with the older models and the new ones did not have this issue. Will keep a look out and check if anything comes up on the battery front
It seems the above case of battery issue is only for model with digital dash screen. I have a Limited Diesel Manual, done about 18k kms in a year and no such issue so far.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 09:29   #4095
BHPian

I am getting my Jeep Compass Limited (O), this weekend in white with black roof. Would like to get an idea from Jeep owners in Bangalore which is a good service center. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks