Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2022, 18:50   #4006
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Limited(O) - 1.6L discount for an on-road of 30.1L from list price 30.74L
Model S - 1.6L discount for an on-road of 32.75L from list price 34.35L
Yes. They are offering 1L discount on model S and 65K on insurance. If you take the insurance yourself from Acko it comes to less than 50K saving you another 25K-30K. OTR of model S will be under 32L excluding TCS.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 21:26   #4007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I visited the Jeep showroom the other day for inquiry and test drive of the Meridian. While there I also inquired for offers on the Compass.
I got a quote for my Jeep Compass Diesel 4*4 AT Limited Version - > 33.18 L with a discount on insurance and scheme discounts for year-end. Delhi Landmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
A little off topic. Posting here since it seems you donot have PM rights yet. How can I be added to the DNCR Watsapp group. I am there in the All India Telegram group, however have not been able to join the NCR specific one.
Pls share and let me know if you got access, will look forward to the same in a couple of days

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th November 2022 at 21:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Sreespace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 22:05   #4008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreespace View Post
I have already booked a hector (waiting for their facelift) and XUV 700 but their waiting period is now irritating and I need car by year end.

Any experience of sales and ASS with Landmark Jeep (Sarita Vihar, Delhi) or Noida - please let me know.

Update to my booking and Pre Delivery Enquiry

Hello Folks, Update to this msg, I got confirmation that my alloted Vehicle is on transit from Pune Plant and may reach Delhi in 7-10 days. Since i wanted delivery this week, the Service manager at Landmark Delhi gave me an option that he can get me same model vehicle from Ludhiana dealership in 3-4 days but for that the car will be driven from Ludhiana to Delhi (approx 330 Kms). I rejected as I was not happy getting a 300+ driven vehicle on highway. The only option is I go to Ludhiana and get car myself which is hectic.

So, the 2 options i have now is wait for allotted model and color (Black, AT 4*4) with some delay or choose the other available color (Pearl White) with same dealer. I never considered the older Bright white on compass, as it tends to get yellower with time. But the dealer told me new white color is Pearl White (same as in Meridian). Any feedback / know how on how this white fares/ looks on Compass compared to the older ?

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2022 at 12:38. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 13th November 2022, 11:30   #4009
BHPian

2 months of ownership

Dear All, it's been two months since the purchase of my green beast 4×4. Si far the suv experience has been awesome but not my purchase experience at kht bangalire yeshwantpur. Series of goofups by the sales rep and accounting. They not only misspelled my name in all the documents and no basic help extended for new buyer.

1. The spelling mistake is a costly affair as it replicated across insurance and rc book. They promised to correct it but after multiple follow ups the shared the RTO number and asked me to follow up with them and washed off their hand...such a shobby service

It's been 2 months and I don't have an RC book yet

2. For my number plate They made me run pillar to post, which should have been taken care off. I got my nameplate after daily follow up and escalation for 10 days. They said it was misplaced .....

3. No basic briefing of the product was provided. On the day of delivery the sales lead promised of sending someone one home to explain and again this was never fulfilled. After few follow ups I gave up

My strong suggestion is to avoid KHT yeshwanthpur bangalore branch. They are focussed only selling and expect least help or basic service motto post sales
vijucg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 12:32   #4010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a quote for my Jeep Compass Diesel 4*4 AT Limited Version - > 33.18 L with a discount on insurance and scheme discounts for year-end. Delhi Landmark.
What were the discounts you got ? I bought my Model S 4x4 AT last month and the only discounts I got was on insurance (can't really call it a discount), the handling charges and 10k on accessories.

Also since you are based Noida, did you go to the Noida dealership or Delhi one ? I had great sales experience at the Noida one.

Quote:
Pls share and let me know if you got access, will look forward to the same in a couple of days
Sure. I am still awaiting the same.
Old 20th November 2022, 09:26   #4011
BHPian

Guys,
Visited PPS Jeep HSR Layout showroom yesterday for a serious look at the Compass and a cursory glance at the Meridian. They are offering following discounts:
1. 50k discount on the Compass Model S Diesel 4x4 Auto
2. 1L discount on the Compass Model S Petrol 4x2 Auto
3. 2L discount on the Meridian, all models

Are there any more rooms for negotiation or this is it?

I found the Meridian 3rd row almost non-existant. Its too low for any practical use; even kids won't like it; disappointing. Is the Meridian a bit wider than Compass?
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:52   #4012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Guys,
Visited PPS Jeep HSR Layout showroom yesterday for a serious look at the Compass and a cursory glance at the Meridian. They are offering following discounts:
1. 50k discount on the Compass Model S Diesel 4x4 Auto
2. 1L discount on the Compass Model S Petrol 4x2 Auto
3. 2L discount on the Meridian, all models

Are there any more rooms for negotiation or this is it?

I found the Meridian 3rd row almost non-existant. Its too low for any practical use; even kids won't like it; disappointing. Is the Meridian a bit wider than Compass?
Meridian is basically good for 4-5 people plus lots of luggage. If you have that as requirent then it makes sense. Also it has a higher ground clearance and better approach angle compared to a regular Compass. I had planned for the Meridian as well because of the above reasons, however since it is just 2 of us didnt really go for it and settled for a Model S 4x4 AT. I preferred a more compact car. However the approach angle issue still lingers in my mind.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:10   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Meridian is a 5+2 (like the discovery sport). The past weekend I had used my Meridian as a people mover(7 adults), mainly for movies and late night ice cream/coffee drives. All the drives was within 5-7kms radius. None of the adults in 3rd row had any issues for such short rides.Sometimes it’s fun to have the entire family in a single car rather than taking out 2 cars for such short rides If you expect to use the Meridian’s third row for long rides then you would be disappointed. Lastly, if it help might I am happy to report the car engine is able to handle 7 adults and there is no drop in performance with 7 adults on onboard. This was a real surprise for me as I had expected some performance drop with 7 adults onboard.

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 22nd November 2022 at 14:13.
ChetanM6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 19:14   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Update to my booking and Pre Delivery Enquiry

Hello Folks, Update to this msg, I got confirmation that my alloted Vehicle is on transit from Pune Plant and may reach Delhi in 7-10 days. Since i wanted delivery this week, the Service manager at Landmark Delhi gave me an option that he can get me same model vehicle from Ludhiana dealership in 3-4 days but for that the car will be driven from Ludhiana to Delhi (approx 330 Kms). I rejected as I was not happy getting a 300+ driven vehicle on highway. The only option is I go to Ludhiana and get car myself which is hectic.

Thanks
I had a similar problem in Ahmedabad for my daughter's compass.
it was loaded in a flat trailer from Anand and delivered to ahmedabad.
see if you can negotiate similar deal from ludhiana
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:29   #4015

Hello Fellow BHPians,

I am observing a rather small issue (don't know if it is an issue or not yet) in my JC Trailhawk (May-22 model). When the car is in some speed (>60kmph) and suddenly a slope/decent approaches, the car seems to behave weird. If I press accelerator, it won't accelerate and makes weird sound similar to one when gear is not engaged and accelerator is pressed(in any manual car).

I don't feel confident to do hard braking to lower the speed as the car seems to be out of my absolute control. Soft braking works though till a point where the system understands the appropriate gear and slots it into and all becomes normal. If the slope ends all remains well however if the slope continues the car is reluctant to accept any kind of fast acceleration, very gradual acceleration seems to be accepted rather fine.

Any such observation in fellow JC owners vehicle and why it may occur is welcome.
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:37   #4016
BHPian

I have a petrol sport MT compass. Whenever I try to check service history on jeeplife app it shows 'no service history'. whereas I have completed the 1st free service.

Is this because there is no dongle in the sport variant that service history does not reflect? Or have other sport owners able to see their service details on jeeplife?
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:04   #4017

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I have a petrol sport MT compass. Whenever I try to check service history on jeeplife app it shows 'no service history'. whereas I have completed the 1st free service.

Is this because there is no dongle in the sport variant that service history does not reflect? Or have other sport owners able to see their service details on jeeplife?
Mine is a Model S (O2) 4x4. I have completed the 1st service (5000 Km/6 months), but don't see it reflecting in my JeepLife app under Service History. I'm pretty sure dongle on my vehicle was connected and working well when I left it for service.
dhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 00:01   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post

I have a sport petrol DDCT. Yes, for me the next service date got updated after the first service, under option 'Mopar services'.
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 09:55   #4019
BHPian

15k update on Compass 2d MT. Servicing done at PPS costing 14.7k without WA/WB, including some ac cleaning amounting to 1.7k. Idiots did this without informing beforehand. Other than this its the regular fluids and filters. Seeing the guys there dont have any high hopes of service. So far, the car is running as it was on day 1, no issues at all, touchwood. 99% of miles are covered on highways, terrific machine to drive. Some random pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-5.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-4.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-3.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220806_144350.jpg  

bullitt1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 00:17   #4020

Quote:
I am planning to book end of this week, so your suggestions and expert comments welcome.
*Update Post - from my PDI session yday*

Got called finally for a PDI by dealer after much chasing around. They brought the vehicle to showroom only and car was in normal condition. 37Km reading on ODO. The first and major observation was the as per VIN, the car was dated July 2022, and tyres manufactured May 2022. Apart from that i could notice panel gaps and alignment issues in co passenger side door and boot door and multiple scratches in 3 or 4 areas including sunroof panel. Also the paint quality of rear bumper didn't match with the body color. I had submitted a list of 7 key observations and basis that didnt agree to take the vehicle in this condition. the dealer has promised he will try best to ensure everything is addressed and fixed and also on insistence said he will replace tyres with latest ones (all five).

What do you guys suggest ? Is it good to take the vehicle with 5 month old VIN if all other observations are correctly fixed and taken care including alignment, scratches, tyres and body paint issues. Or do i demand for another new vehicle (which ofcourse he will say wont be possible then for this year 2022)

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th November 2022 at 08:32. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks