Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 20:57   #4141

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaumik View Post
Thanks MahindraThor. In the Jeep app, I see that I'm part of "Eastern Jeepers Club ", but not able to find this group in Facebook. I will look in to the all India group.
I am Newbie, not able to send private message, so I am attaching screen shot of the facebook group to make it easier for you. You can find whatsapp group link there only.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-14168f3d3fac41b4975fb7a96583528d.jpeg  

MahindraThor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 18:53   #4142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I completed my 1 year "free" service today - although the free part is difficult to justify when I ended up paying close to ₹20k.

The service came with a software upgrade. Not much has changed in the UI but for some reason they have gone for marble-like texture for the background.

Apart from this, the engine somehow feels smoother. (Not that it was bad earlier.) It may be due to some remapping/fine tunning or maybe just the oil change.
I am seeing a pattern here about software update improving the response and acceleration in Petrol AT. I am curious - What could be causing this? have they remapped the engine (does it deliver peak torque at lower RPM)?
Old 20th February 2023, 23:28   #4143
BANNED

Any of the diesel manual owners facing issue of a clunk sound when the clutch is pressed quickly in first gear ?
Checked with the SA they are saying "it's normal on all Jeep compass manual it's the sound of flywheel, have to gradually press the clutch "
Old 21st February 2023, 02:20   #4144
BHPian

I too have noticed that in my jeep compass diesel manual . It usually happens in bumper to bumper traffic and you try to control the speed with the brakes to avoid half clutch. When the speed falls below 5-6 kmph and you realise you might have to stop and so then you depress the clutch suddenly. In such case there is a small jerk and little noise. I feel it is normal. If you depress the clutch at speeds of above 7 kmph then it is smooth as butter.
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 09:30   #4145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
I too have noticed that in my jeep compass diesel manual . It usually happens in bumper to bumper traffic and you try to control the speed with the brakes to avoid half clutch. When the speed falls below 5-6 kmph and you realise you might have to stop and so then you depress the clutch suddenly. In such case there is a small jerk and little noise. I feel it is normal. If you depress the clutch at speeds of above 7 kmph then it is smooth as butter.
Mine happens even above 15kmph, Its a very loud clunk sound , but if I gradually apply the clutch the sound is not there
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ng-clutch.html
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:36   #4146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt2090 View Post
Any of the diesel manual owners facing issue of a clunk sound when the clutch is pressed quickly in first gear ?
Checked with the SA they are saying "it's normal on all Jeep compass manual it's the sound of flywheel, have to gradually press the clutch "
I have noticed this, a mild sound while changing gears / releasing the clutch aggressively and this sound doesn't come when we release the clutch smoothly. I remember checking this with the service center 3-4 years back and I was told that this is normal.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:15   #4147
BHPian

Some observations on battery voltage.

I have been keeping an eye on the battery voltage (what is displayed in the JeepLife app). I used to find the voltage go as low as 12.6v after a 1 hour ride with a Dashcam connected, music on, AC on, city traffic (avg 12 km/hr). Which I thought was a low given the rated voltage of 14.1v.

The interesting part: Now I get 13.9v consistently, at the end of a similar ride. All conditions same, except, I keep the touch interface screen off (using the screen off button). I use it when needed, music is mostly on. Since all this was in the city the map was never used therefore, screen off.

Has anyone else observed this?
Old 26th February 2023, 12:39   #4148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Alpha View Post
Hi rosh_aveo..
Today I noticed same kind of bubbles on the right corner of stereo screen in my compass. Found your post while searching for related problems in the form. How did you proceeded further and was it covered in warranty. Your insights will be really helpful.
Hi, this looks like a thin film on the touchscreen...
Old 26th February 2023, 18:10   #4149
BHPian

Hi Krsna V..
Checked it with ASS people and they confirmed that’s not a protective sheet / thin sheet. My SA feels that’s water ingress as I mentioned in my previous post. I feel that’s air bubbles based on other jeep owners experience available on Google. Whatever the reason might be I’m yet to find a solution other than replacement of infotainment system as suggested by SA.
Ps: the bubbles expanded to the other side of the screen too.
Old 26th February 2023, 18:38   #4150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Is the standard warranty = extended warranty?. Answer is Yes. Then will this bubble thing, if it had occurred during standard warranty...would have been covered? Answer is Yes again. So then shouldn't extended warranty honor the same request? Answer is a stupid No...it's cosmetic!
This issue is common with Digipad displays in 2017 City also. I had same issue in mine (City) and after almost a 4 month delay they did replace it under warranty (standard warranty). However, after replacing the service guys were clear that this won't be replaced under extended warranty as that covers only major systems like the complete Powertrain, suspension, fuel systems etc. Infotainment system is not covered. May be you can check on your extended warranty terms.

I was ok with it as i was getting a replacement finally plus if it conks off next time I'd rather give up the Digipad for an aftermarket unit.
Old 28th February 2023, 09:31   #4151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Redstreak View Post
Dear BHPians
I want to share my experience of a about 2K Kms drive from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar primarily on NH 16.
Very satisfying driving experience, hope to have more fulfiling experience in the return leg.
Thought about rounding it off, with the return journey drive experience on the Compass. Few of the factors, I would focus on

1. Driveability - I did manage to drive about ~780 kms on one day from Bhubaneswar to Vijaywada, the roads are in great condition, still I was able to cover this stretch in about little above 11 hrs, without doing insane speeds.
Never did I feel nervous, even driving on a full tank the vehicle doesn't feel bulky and the steering feedback is very precise. This gives a lot of confidence.
2. Air-conditioning - Well this is one aspect that is a welcome surprise, having read about experience of many Jeepers about the AC not being adequate I didn't feel the same. Though have to say the peak temperature that I experienced was about 38 degrees, but it was for a long stretch. AC does its work efficiently.
3. Rattles - Knock on the wood! Including this round trip the overall mileage now on the car is 10K Kms, it is rattle free till now.
4. Fuel efficiency - Full tank to full tank calculation gives an average of 14.5 Kms for the round trip, I got a similar figure on the MID as well. Given that it was not sedate driving the figures are pretty acceptable IMHO. The best figures I got was while driving from Bangalore to Vijayawada, where it was 17 Kmpl, I was pacing myself for the drive.

I had great fun during this drive. Jeep performed beutifully, I felt in sync with the car. I haven't driven the German's, but I think Jeep does provide one of the best driving experience.
Drive Safe!
JC_Redstreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 20:38   #4152
BHPian

Found the compass test model on Nagar road Pune. Images captured at a signal ( Pl excuse for the quality and angle- tried my best). I guess Jeep is testing FWD 9 speed automatic gear box here.

Coincidentally saw a Scorpio (S11 with number MH15 TC-107) and a Bolero under test near Sangamwadi area of Pune. Was not able to click though. Let’s see what they bring out.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-2a383662c8ea4216911b24462f07d7eb.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-cc5a0474f9cc4e1fada820b3010d0680.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2d1692c6079a4a8ca87db9be5463f7ae.jpeg  

Guru_Shikhar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 21:54   #4153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
Found the compass test model on Nagar road Pune. Images captured at a signal ( Pl excuse for the quality and angle- tried my best). I guess Jeep is testing FWD 9 speed automatic gear box here.
The major gripe of the existing Compass is the power and the gear box. Does this indicate Jeep is planning to upgrade the diesel engine to 200 HP tune mated to a better upgraded gear box? It’s high time the Jeep brings a revised engine as the sales keep dwindling month on month.
CArspeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 22:06   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
The major gripe of the existing Compass is the power and the gear box. Does this indicate Jeep is planning to upgrade the diesel engine to 200 HP tune mated to a better upgraded gear box? It’s high time the Jeep brings a revised engine as the sales keep dwindling month on month.
Doubt it. Power is decent, it’s just the slow and lethargic automatic gearbox letting it down. Both the manual versions of the compass as well as other cars that use the same Fiat engine such as the Tata harrier and Safari paired with a different auto gearbox are more responsive and fun to drive.
Old 1st March 2023, 12:17   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
The existing power is good enough, very well compliments the chassis, though i always felt they could have higher tune for model S to make it special. Its the gearbox that needs correction along with addition of sport mode/paddle shifters to make justice to engine and chassis.

Most Viewed