Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2022, 16:45   #3931
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthdmaniar View Post
Hi could I kindly request you provide details as to the approximate rise in the cost?
No idea about the quantum of increase but got this appended message from Landmark Mumbai.

Name:  WhatsAppjpeg.jpeg
Views: 930
Size:  122.1 KB
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 17:47   #3932

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this. Mods please move this message if you think it needs to be somewhere else

I am in a bit of a conundrum at the moment. I currently drive a 5 year old EcoSport 1.5 AT and have been looking to upgrade for a few months now. I was really looking forward to the new Scorpio N and even went ahead and booked the Z8L Petrol AT only to see that my delivery is in August 2023. I also checked out and booked the XUV 700 AX7 L which is scheduled to be delivered to me in Jan 2024 (was just trying my luck for an early delivery but that seems doubtful)

I really loved both these cars but my Ford is getting old now and I am getting desperate to switch it up. As excited I was for both the M&Ms- the long waiting periods and a few of the niggles that have been reported on both cars have made me question my decision. The Ford has given me 5 years of no breakdowns and no issues (apart from the regulars) and I wish to continue the same way with my next ride.

Yesterday I called up Landmark in Mumbai and asked them if I could test drive the Compass Petrol AT. I've always liked the Compass but have felt that it's always been a bit overpriced for what it is. However I was quite impressed with the overall quality, fit and finish and performance of the car. Not sure if others feel the same here but the 1.4 Turbo Petrol didn't let me down, it may not be as quick as the M&Ms but it does the job.

The guys at Landmark have promised to deliver within 4 weeks for the variants that I am looking at (Limited (O) or 5th Anniversary) and that's what has now confused me. I am not sure if I should wait around for the M&Ms (and potentially regret my decision later) or go ahead with the Compass.

What do you guys think? Any recommendations on how I should go about this?

Disclaimer: I will 90% of the time use the car in the city (Mumbai), my daily commute to work is from SoBo to BKC (about 21kms). Hence I've been wondering if I even need a mammoth like the Scorpio or XUV - we all know how big of a pain parking is, specially in Mumbai.
saketsomani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 21:57   #3933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Looking at a pre owned 2018 Nov Petrol AT limited for about 18.5 Ls. It’s done about 18k till date. I am about to test drive this Sunday
Isn't the price on the higher side for a 2018 petrol AT. My friend is selling his 2020 Petrol AT Limited (O), with panoromic sunroof etc and only 6000 kms in the odo for 19-20L in Kolkata. He is a marine engineer so car is used less and in scratch less condition. He is upgrading to a X3.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:48   #3934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketsomani View Post
Disclaimer: I will 90% of the time use the car in the city (Mumbai), my daily commute to work is from SoBo to BKC (about 21kms). Hence I've been wondering if I even need a mammoth like the Scorpio or XUV - we all know how big of a pain parking is, specially in Mumbai.
A friend of mine has just bought the XUV700 AX5 petrol, and he and I both feel the Compass is better. Yes the gearbox is dimwitted at times, but its honestly not a problem. I personally did not think the materials used and fit and finish in the XUV are good (IMO my 2018 Ecosport S felt more plush). The compass also is more fun to drive (I did not like the XUVs steering at speed). My friend and his wife are both planning to buy a compass as their next car after seeing mine.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:40. Reason: Quote trimmed.
sid3091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:23   #3935
BHPian

Went to PPS JP Nagar last weekend for a TD of Night Eagle Petrol. Needless to say that the car drives like a dream!!
I've read through a good number of comments on Petrol DDCTs and in my experience, for city driving, a sedate response to the accelerator is better as long as there's enough juice once it moves to highways.
The only thing that's shocking is the increased ex-showroom (30.8L OTR). Although post negotiations he got it down to 29.5L including EW.
I had the following questions and would be really helpful if someone can help answer them -
1. Is the price justified or should I have negotiated more? I feel a little shortchanged as from TD to negotiation was wrapped up in 3 hours
2. Are there better outlets for pre-owned Jeeps other than Spinny?
3. I'm unable to decide if I should stretch even more and go for Limited (O) solely for 6 airbags
Rocketscience77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 09:51   #3936
BHPian

Hope the below response would help.
Quote:
1. Is the price justified or should I have negotiated more? I feel a little shortchanged as from TD to negotiation was wrapped up in 3 hours.
I bought diesel version from PPS this Jan and the deal was done in 30mins max, atleast yours went for 3hours. I had also checked with KHT (though its terrible) and the discounts are pretty standard. I think only part where you could push is on standard accessories.
Quote:
Are there better outlets for pre-owned Jeeps other than Spinny?
For most of 2021, I hunted for pre-owned one without success. Pre owned ones by owners hardly came by and then Spinny did not have any Compass, so went for new one. I had test driven from Cardekho and some other dealers but cars were not in good condition.
Quote:
I'm unable to decide if I should stretch even more and go for Limited (O) solely for 6 airbags?
I bought Longitude and had the same dilemma as kid wanted sunroof, but I felt Limited to be neither here, not there. It had only driver electric seat, no 360 camera/ventilated seats /9 speaker Alpine. Didnt find value for this variant, S is the variant to go budget permitting.

As you already said, this car drives terrific and considering the recent price hikes, buying one is more from heart then head. Hope to see your's soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:41. Reason: Spacing.
bullitt1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 10:06   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
Went to PPS JP Nagar last weekend for a TD of Night Eagle Petrol. Needless to say that the car drives like a dream!!
If its possible then you should definitely stretch for the Limited Variant. The sunroof, powered drivers seat, electric tailgate and 6 airbags are worth it.

Where the Powered seat really comes in handy is in providing better thigh support. I'm not sure if the manual height adjustments help you get that sort of thigh support easily. It's a boon in long drives.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:42. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote only relevant sections of posts.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:05   #3938

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share a quick update. I am close to zeroing in on the Petrol AT 5th Anniversary Edition. My first choice of colour was the Techno Green but unfortunately Landmark Mumbai does not have stock for any other colour except white (weirdly across all variants). They can get me the Green for the Limited variant but I don't want to compromise on the black interiors (which is only available on the 5th Anniversary and Model S)

I also wanted to check if anyone has installed front parking sensors as an accessory on their car? It's shocking that this is not being offered on a 30+ lakh vehicle. If you have installed it, are the sensors reliable and have you been able to integrate it without installing an additional monitor on the dashboard?

Also the vehicle that Landmark is offering me was manufactured in August- is that something that's normal? I will of course be doing a through PDI before delivery but just wanted to check what is the norm here.

Thanks!
Old 14th October 2022, 17:20   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
However, the insurance was purchased through the dealer.
Mine was purchased in the showroom too!

[/quote]So that might have made a difference. You are right about 2 depreciation claims but do you really thing a person needs more than 2 in an year. This was my first insurance claim in over 12 years of driving *Touchwood*.[/quote]

When I raised my claim with them after a dog hit, they denied tyre damage stating there is no correlation with the accident, mind you this was at 2000km/2 months after buying the car. They asked me to raise a second claim to approve the tyre damage. Always safe to not have these restrictions when you're getting the same insurance outside at the same cost!
Old 14th October 2022, 21:27   #3940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketsomani View Post

Also the vehicle that Landmark is offering me was manufactured in August- is that something that's normal? I will of course be doing a through PDI before delivery but just wanted to check what is the norm here.

Thanks!
August is absolutely fine. Do a proper PDI and go for it. Make sure check the VIN. It should end with *8N.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 12:35   #3941
BHPian

Been on drive to Aiyur-Panchpalli recently. The onward route was Bannerghatta-Thally-Denkanokotai-Aiyur-Panchpalli-Attibele. Roads after Aiyur on the downhill are very narrow and significant stretch the road was patchy but very scenic.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_144902.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_131603.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_143243.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_143202.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_131540.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_153010.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_145244.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20221008_150357.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:42. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
bullitt1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:27   #3942
BHPian

This is an open question to anyone who has considered buying a used Jeep Compass or anyone who can guide me -
I am on the lookout for a used Compass Petrol AT. This will be for my wife and the running will be barely 1000kms per month city use only. Hence Diesel is out of question.

I have shortlisted two used ones. Both are pre-facelift -
2020, 12k run, in warranty, Quoted 21L
2019, 45k run, Quoted 19L
Both are top end petrol automatics [Limited plus]

Test drove both the cars and both are quite good. The 2020 one obviously is little better since its less run and feels more "newish". But my confusion is what is a fair price for a used Compass Petrol AT? I see a lot of ads quoted much lesser 12-14L range (obviously they are lower variants as well - manual, sport, longitude etc). Can someone who has bought a used compass recently or gone through the grind please help me with how much should I try to lock in the deal at?

Also, the dealer said the warranty can be extended before it ends. Is this true?
razrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 20:15   #3943
BHPian

Anyone here has any experience with the annual maintenance contract for the compass? I can see a link on the Jeep India website which leads to a form to be filled up, but no information as to what the AMC actually includes. I tried filling up the form also. It says the cost will be 30000 for 3 years and 45000 kms and that the team will contact me. Nobody has contacted yet anyway, just getting curious if anyone here has opted for it.
Old 16th October 2022, 23:35   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my Model S(O2) 4x4 Diesel AT this weekend. The buying experience was great throughout especially after I heard not so great experiences of many others with the Landmark dealer network. Hoping for a similar after sales and ownership experience. Fingers crossed.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-b73a43f3b8d34023add09a3ca3126dfc.jpeg
Altocumulus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 18:57   #3945

I bought the model s 4x4 in Aug 2022, one month in these are the issues I'm facing:
  • Uconnect screen gone blank silver box issue.
  • Rattling noise from both front doors.
  • USB ports not working.
  • Start/stop not working.
  • Engine hissing noise.
The car has been in the service centre for 8 days and issues still not resolved mind you its only done 2500 kms so far.

The service is horrible with constant delays and cluelessnes, do not buy this car as it comes with plenty of headaches.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2022 at 19:43. Reason: LIST added. Typos fixed.
AMG23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks