Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 12:34   #3841
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
The magnetic window blind fits nicely and very helpful when you park under sunlight as well.
This is really helpful
I’ll go for the OEM then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
The quality of boot mat is very good too. How much does it cost now? See if you can get some good discount on this.
Upwards of 5k I reckon. But rethinking, if I’m paying <36L then why not another 10k for peace of mind IMO.

Thanks for all the guidance much appreciated.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2022 at 13:56. Reason: Please no discussion about any car / brand specific social media groups. Thanks.
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 13:52   #3842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR for attesting my inclination of using OEM accessories for the functional use cases. I can’t remember which post # but someone did mention about proper fitting of these blinds as an issue. Is that the case with yours too?
No concerns till now. But it does look like an extra fitment. For the price, integrated window shades would have been a good addition.

Here is how it looks from the inside -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220831_134626.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220831_134649.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 13:54   #3843
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

Im due to take delivery of my Jeep Compass Anniversary Edition Diesel AT in the next 1 week. I had asked the dealer to waive off the Accessory charges and just provide me the basics, like mudflaps and interior mats. I was told that the original mats are very good. Is there just one type of these mats or are there different ones? Also, is there any other useful accessory that i can try to get a good deal on?

The dealer mentioned that the sunblinds are very good, but im not sure if i will like using them. I usually get 3M CR70 done on all the windows and the front windshield. But i also saw something like “solarcut” glass or something like that in the brochure. Does that mean the Compass may not need sunfilms? I stay in Bangalore and always park my car in a covered parking lot, so its not like sunfilms are a must, but they surely cut the heat, especially on the front windshield.

As delivery date comes closer, I’m getting very nervous reading some of the issues like rattling etc. I have really stretched myself quite a bit to book the compass diesel AT ( anniversary edition) and i chose this over the much cheaper XUV700 AX7 AT as well as the equally expensive Tuscon ( Petrol AT ). Heart says this is the right call, but the devil in the mind keeps sending nervous signals! Hope i dont end up with one of those cars which have many niggles here and there!

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2022 at 05:48. Reason: back to back posts merged
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 19:29   #3844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi All

As delivery date comes closer, I’m getting very nervous reading some of the issues like rattling etc. I have really stretched myself quite a bit to book the compass diesel AT ( anniversary edition) and i chose this over the much cheaper XUV700 AX7 AT as well as the equally expensive Tuscon ( Petrol AT ). Heart says this is the right call, but the devil in the mind keeps sending nervous signals! Hope i dont end up with one of those cars which have many niggles here and there!
Hi motorworks, I am also in the same boat as I am about to get the delivery of Jeep Compass, Nighteagle, diesel, MT and I have similar concerns concerning the brand. Lets hope for the best.
Dear Jeepers, what all accessories are needed in the Compass and of them which ones I should buy from the dealership. I am getting the car from Landmark, New Delhi. How do they perform on the point of providing some free accessories, extended warranty.
Since my car is white, I am in doubts whether I should go for partial PPF protection because of reported yellowing issue or go for ceramic coating. I have a tendency to get the sides of the cars grazed in traffic, so would have preferred partial PPF protection. Would also be grateful, if reference for any particular detailer is given in and around dealership area,in South Delhi.

many thanks
fawad
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:37   #3845
BHPian

I got my rear tyres changed sometime back. My stock tyre size 225/55 -18 is one of the most elusive tyre sizes to source. After checking with multiple dealers, only following were the available options:

Bridgestone Turanza T001 - These are the stock tyres that came with the car.

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti - New brand on the block, not much feedback available but was reviewed well online.

Michelin Latitude Sport - Only SUV specific tyres avail in this size but priced 2x the above mentioned options as they are imported.

In the end decided to give Vredesteins a try as it had good reviews online and had higher load index and speed rating as compared to Bridgestones.

Both Vredestein and Bridgestone were giving 5 year warranty with 18 months of unconditional one. So any damage, cuts, bulges will be covered.

Also to note is that Indian variant of Vredestein tyres comes with a suffix 'i' - Vredestein Ultrac Vorti i. Couldn't find any literature on how it is different from international variant. Any info on this will be appreciated.

I went for an off-road trail with these new tyres shod at the rear. Didn't face any issues traversing mud ruts and slush. The overall comfort on road is at par with Bridgestone Turanzas, maybe a tad bit more stiffer but negligible difference. There's no difference in road noise, they provide ample confidence driving on wet surfaces.

I'm also considering an option to buy steel rims in 16 inches and have block pattern tyres on them specifically for off-roading. Found Apollo Apterra AT2 to be good option for this.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220807_150023.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220807_152216.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220807_152236.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220807_152229.jpg
deltasierra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 08:14   #3846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
I'm also considering an option to buy steel rims in 16 inches and have block pattern tyres on them specifically for off-roading. Found Apollo Apterra AT2 to be good option
Great choice on your new tyres. These are being manufactured by Apollo I guess. Do let us know your long term feedback in these tyres.

Your 16 inch Steel Wheels with Apollo Apterra AT2 idea had occurred to me also. I have this exact setup that I purchased in April. We completed a Bangalore Leh via Zanskar trip on this combination and it was fantastic. I have Original Jeep Steel wheels shod with 235/60 R16 Apterra AT2 tyres.

My daily drivers are the stock 225/55 R18 Bridgestone, however I dare not taken them off road as they will be shredded.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-220609-151505-1176.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 08:15   #3847

Hello everyone!

I've had the Compass Limited Petrol AT for a little less than a year now and was ok with the trade-offs of not getting the extra add-ons that are part of the model S. However, i now want to add some of them and was wondering if i can put these in now?

- 360 camera: has anyone bought and installed it to be like the OEM solution so it displays in the main uConnect system?

- wireless charger: I'm thinking of getting a slim flat wireless charger and getting it put in the same spot where it's provided in the higher spec variant. Couldn't find a good one in India but thinking of asking a friend to get it from the US. Anyone found something that fits seamlessly? How did u install it?

- Additional speakers: Not so happy with the speakers and i wanna add additional speakers. Maybe I shouldve gone for the top end model in the first place

Retractable cargo cover/parcel tray: US spec models get this and I'm wondering if i can replace the hard molded cover/rear parcel tray for a retractable cover. It'll be easier when taking my dogs as i just plop them in the trunk and today have to remove and store the hard parcel tray every time.

Front parking sensors: has anyone bought them aftermarket and got it hooked up to the uConnect system? I believe the front dam has the mouldings for this but this isn't sold in India but included in other countries.

I'm getting the itch to get some of this stuff done now and would really appreciate your help.

I'm Bangalore based (HSR) and if anyone has suggestions for auto shops that do a good job with stuff like the above, please do recommend!
ngoenka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:46   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Your 16 inch Steel Wheels with Apollo Apterra AT2 idea had occurred to me also. I have this exact setup that I purchased in April. We completed a Bangalore Leh via Zanskar trip on this combination and it was fantastic. I have Original Jeep Steel wheels shod with 235/60 R16 Apterra AT2 tyres.
Yes, Apollo owns Vredestein and manufactures them in India.

It would be great to have some feedback on your setup.

How are the Apterras AT2?

Also, I believe the GC would be slightly reduced with 235/60, so any issue with that?

How much did the steel rims cost you? Did you buy from the dealership?
deltasierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:38   #3849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
Yes, Apollo owns Vredestein and manufactures them in India.

It would be great to have some feedback on your setup.

How are the Apterras AT2?

Also, I believe the GC would be slightly reduced with 235/60, so any issue with that?

How much did the steel rims cost you? Did you buy from the dealership?
I found the Apterra AT2 to be very capable and value for money. They are a bit noisy on highway since they are AT tyres but the ride quality is super comfortable and grip levels on slush, sand etc are really good and comparable to Yokohama.

I did 7.5K kms on these tyres and they were flawless.

Steel rims are from Jeep Compass Sport variant that used to come earlier. They cost around 3.5k per rim from the dealership.

The GC is reduced very slightly but I did not face any issues apart from the front bumper lip brushing against rocks etc. In any case the front bumper lip is way too low on the compass and brushes even with the 18 inch tyres.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 16:20   #3850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoenka View Post
Hello everyone!

I've had the Compass Limited Petrol AT for a little less than a year now and was ok with the trade-offs of not getting the extra add-ons that are part of the model S. However, i now want to add some of them and was wondering if i can put these in now?

Hi please find my two cents on below:
I have been using the Jeep Compass S variant for close to two months and have regularly carried out modifications on my earlier XUV.

Quote:
- 360 camera: has anyone bought and installed it to be like the OEM solution so it displays in the main uConnect system?
This is an extremely useful feature and I use it very regularly, go for it

Quote:
wireless charger: I'm thinking of getting a slim flat wireless charger and getting it put in the same spot where it's provided in the higher spec variant. Couldn't find a good one in India but thinking of asking a friend to get it from the US. Anyone found something that fits seamlessly? How did u install it?
Not a very useful feature, renders the phone extremely hot! Suggest you avoid!

Quote:
Additional speakers: Not so happy with the speakers and i wanna add additional speakers. Maybe I shouldve gone for the top end model in the first place
I had installed Morell speakers and Alpine subwoofer in the XUV

Quote:
Retractable cargo cover/parcel tray: US spec models get this and I'm wondering if i can replace the hard molded cover/rear parcel tray for a retractable cover. It'll be easier when taking my dogs as i just plop them in the trunk and today have to remove and store the hard parcel tray every time.
I too am in for this

Quote:
Front parking sensors
Believe the 360 will take care of this and these extra sensors are not needed. They are not there even on the 'S' and able to manage same.

Mod Note: Please avoid responding in a quoted post. Breaks the flow of response. Thanks!

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2022 at 17:10.
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:03   #3851

A decent auto shop in Banglore (Edge accessories in HSR) is advising against any speaker or camera additions as he says it requires electrical wiring work which will void the manufacturer warranty. He's been well recommended by others and team bhpians so I'm a bit confused now.
Thoughts?
ngoenka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 06:57   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoenka View Post
A decent auto shop in Banglore (Edge accessories in HSR) is advising against any speaker or camera additions as he says it requires electrical wiring work which will void the manufacturer warranty.
Thoughts?
That’s true, any aftermarket needing to interfere with factory wiring will be against the warranty terms. If that’s the risk you’re ok to take (which I’m sure no one will recommend ) then choose wisely.
0nubhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:08   #3853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi All

Im due to take delivery of my Jeep Compass Anniversary Edition Diesel AT in the next 1 week. I had asked the dealer to waive off the Accessory charges and just provide me the basics, like mudflaps and interior mats. I was told that the original mats are very good. Is there just one type of these mats or are there different ones? Also, is there any other useful accessory that i can try to get a good deal on?

The dealer mentioned that the sunblinds are very good, but im not sure if i will like using them. I usually get 3M CR70 done on all the windows and the front windshield. But i also saw something like “solarcut” glass or something like that in the brochure. Does that mean the Compass may not need sunfilms? I stay in Bangalore and always park my car in a covered parking lot, so its not like sunfilms are a must, but they surely cut the heat, especially on the front windshield.

Hello from the owner of a Jeep Compass Limited Plus D MT 4x4 with 28k on the odo and is 2.5 years old. The car is a hoot to drive. You are in triple digits from 3rd gear itself. The NVH levels are well contained and the suspension and steering are a peach.

The two most common problems that most have encountered are the Jeep rattle and electrical issues. Yes, it’s something that you cannot hide from.

But chances are that there would be more happy people than those raising issues on various platforms. Mine has been relatively rattle and electrical issue free till now (barring the sudden death of OEM battery).

I am in no way saying that one should get a faulty car irrespective of the money paid, more so if it costs so much. But as long as India doesn’t have a lemon car rule, trust your luck and buy any car you like.

The OEM sun blinds are very good and recommended. I went with the 3d mats as they are easier to clean.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2022 at 15:20. Reason: Punctuation, spacing
docted is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th September 2022, 18:49   #3854

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thanks for this. I searched for some options on Amazon India and found one, the link is below:

https://amzn.eu/d/ge8Haw9

I have placed an order for the same, it costs me Rs.2738. However, after placing the order I got to know that the seller is from USA and it will be shipped from there. Also, I got a mail from Amazon India to upload a photo ID for custom clearance. My question is, will the Amazon charge me extra for Custom clearance too?

Edit: I see that the product in your post will also be shipped by an international seller and requires photo ID proof.
Did you finally get this?
Old 8th September 2022, 11:27   #3855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_Redstreak View Post

The side wall damage also happened on the inner side and I was driving in the tarred section of the road and not pushed below the asphalt where it could have damaged the tyre
Did you try your luck with the dealer? Worth checking if they would replace or atleast provide part payment for the damaged tyre. I'm not sure but may be as a goodwill gesture they might do something. Noticed you're located in Bangalore - did you buy from PPS or KHT?

How much did the new tyre cost you btw?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks