Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 10:12   #3451
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thank you!

I could avoid the waiting period frustration by reading through all the reviews on the forum, including multiple sneak-peaks at your Black Limited(o) AT 4*4 review, which came at the exact right time for me. Wanted a Compass for the longest time (Infact, mine was the first comment on this thread too! ), and I'm glad things worked out in the end. 'Full send' did inspire!

TPMS is the only update that I noticed. Was not pointed out by the sales guys too, may be they are not aware of it themselves.

Some pictures of my Compass Limited(o) Diesel MT in Galaxy Blue, and the delivery event yesterday -
Congrats on the new ride! I just wanted to clarify one thing - how is the performance of the headlamps at night? What is the set-up? Is it an LED-projector combo or something else?
Old 4th April 2022, 10:46   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One query regarding the Hill-Start Assist functionality
I experienced the same thing couple of times in the initial week but I got adjusted to it. The function some times holds the car back a touch too long, I felt, but this hasn't happened again now. I really lie this feature though as I was used to starting with the handbrake on inclines which cannot be done with the Electronic Parking Brake.

Congrats on the new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
One feature I dearly miss from my Skoda Yeti. With Yeti, each time I started Yeti’s engine it used to start the time counter and stop the counter when engine stops.
I had the same feature in Vento and sorely miss it. It was a good indicator to quickly check the time, distance and a rough mileage of that particular trip without any additional effort of starting or stopping the counters. Haven't seen it that commonly in cars though.
zurura023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:32   #3453
BHPian

Does anyone here know about a good headlamp upgrade for Longitude(O) 2017 model?
Old 4th April 2022, 21:02   #3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurura023 View Post
I had the same feature in Vento and sorely miss it. It was a good indicator to quickly check the time, distance and a rough mileage of that particular trip without any additional effort of starting or stopping the counters. Haven't seen it that commonly in cars though.
Jeep life app tracks this automatically as a bonus it also keeps a counter on number of times hard brake was applied or if there was a hard acceleration.
rebelsmashers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 21:56   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsmashers View Post
Jeep life app tracks this automatically as a bonus it also keeps a counter on number of times hard brake was applied or if there was a hard acceleration.
Soon enough this kind of data will be shared with our insurance providers to “manage” our premiums.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 22:04   #3456
Team-BHP Support

Looks like TPMS has been made standard now, and not just on the Limited(o). Website has been updated -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220404-9.58.12-pm.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nice. So, you went to Kanyakumari? If so, share some beach pics
Just a quick visit to the Nagaraja temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Congrats on the new ride! I just wanted to clarify one thing - how is the performance of the headlamps at night? What is the set-up? Is it an LED-projector combo or something else?
LED reflector setup on all variants till the Limited(o). LED projectors on the 'S' as well as the 'Hawk.

Lights on my car as just average IMHO. Positives - looks good and cars move out of the way with a gentle flash! Negatives - White light gets lost in rain as well as situations with a lot of other light falling on the road. Low beams felt average, and high beams (though yet to try it out on an expressway) - below average.

Not deal-breaker bad, but I expected better - having seen the old bi-xenon HID headlamps setup in action.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th April 2022 at 22:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 20:29   #3457
BHPian

Sharing the latest price of Jeep Compass w.e.f 7th April 2022. As per the executive, the hike is around 1%. The OTR price is for Kerala.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep_compass_2022_price.jpg
techmotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 16:16   #3458

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Does anyone here know about a good headlamp upgrade for Longitude(O) 2017 model?
This is the best you can do. But beware, it is going to take a lot of effort (I spent more than 24 hours in total, three times bumper removal)

You can fit used/second hand old headlamps from Latitude model, install 35W LED. All connections would be connector to connector. No splicing required.
You can buy Osram 35 W Led or Autobhan 35W.

Results are impressive. Light output has increased by 4X.

Without bulb upgrade light output is not that better than default reflector lamps. So it is better to upgrade.

Similarly, folks with standard projectors can also upgrade their light.

MOD NOTE : Please proof read your before submitting it. Would be a good idea to run it through a spell-checker. Request you to go through Posting Etiquettes as well.
Thanks for support and cooperation.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-8fbe94dc0206438d9c48fde80b3623c5.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 11th April 2022 at 09:45. Reason: Mod note attached.
Iceman33 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 18:40   #3459
BHPian

My Longitude (O) arrived more than a month ago. Had to wait till March 2022 for the first “real” drive. Having upgraded from a hatchback, this ride is so much more planted and confidence inspiring on the highway. Here are some pics from the first highway drive.

And a few things that struck me, about the Jeep.

- The Hill hold function is great, but one needs to get used to the lag from that step on the gas to the roll of the wheels. Was a little unnerving as the vehicle would roll the wrong way till the revs catch up. [ This happened while trying to reverse up an incline.] What I noticed was while going forward on an incline the “hill hold” function held the wheels in place (a bit too tightly as mentioned by many). But while reversing uphill I thought the car rolled the wrong way freely without hill hold stopping the roll. Still figuring that one.

- The turning radius is bigger (obviously) from the earlier hatchback. Going up the tight ramps up the parking Levels in malls, I found my bumpers almost scraping the sides of the ramp. A couple of times had to back up a bit to turn tighter.

- Road noise is audible inside the cabin in highways, a little more damping would have been better.

- The U Connect Bluetooth connectivity looks like a “work in progress”. I had multiple types of issues.
o At one point after a stop the music was audible only on the driver side door.
o Another time the Jeep speakers were silent, music was heard through the little speakers on the mobile kept in the slot under the ICE.
o Connectivity was lost with the phone on another occasion.
In most cases I would close all windows, and restart the Jeep. [Ok – just restart the Jeep ] And that helped. On a couple of occasions, I just power cycled the ICE on/off switch, and the system was back, working as advertised.
Overall ok with the ICE.

- I got those Jeep brand sun blinds. I thought they helped in the crazy temperatures in coastal Karnataka.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220410-183627.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220410-183512.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220410-183602.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot-20220410-183650.jpeg  

CLIX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 19:01   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
My Longitude (O) arrived more than a month ago.
Congrats, just got my car delivered as well, got the same colour in Limited. My first SUV in a family of sedans at home.
Call me old fashioned but just loved the lighter interiors more than the all black theme, wish I could have got the model S in the lighter interior trim. Been just a couple of days so no complaints so far, will update after the long drive I have planned next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220408_142921.jpg  

ishaanranderia is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 22:15   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman33 View Post
DM for more information
Your DM isn’t activated yet I suppose, so posting my doubts here itself:
1. By headlamps, do you mean to say that the entire housing should be changed?
2. Also, Latitude model? Are you talking about the international variant?
Old 10th April 2022, 22:43   #3462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- The Hill hold function is great, but one needs to get used to the lag from that step on the gas to the roll of the wheels.

Still figuring that one.
Congrats. Looks like you are having fun with the HSA too.

I'm in the same boat still - the problem is that it can't be fully switched off too! Not sure if it's a recent change, but turning off the HSA via the console only works till the car is switched off!

So now I need to remember to switch of Auto start-stop and HSA after ignition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Congrats, just got my car delivered as well, got the same colour in Limited. My first SUV in a family of sedans at home.
Call me old fashioned but just loved the lighter interiors more than the all black theme, wish I could have got the model S in the lighter interior trim.
Congrats. Same opinion here - personally loved the lighter interiors on the lower trims vs black on the Model S.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 10:37   #3463
BHPian

Dear all,

I noticed something strange with the Auto start/ stop system today.

I rarely use cruise control. Today I got to use it for approx 30 mins on highway and I noticed the Auto start stop warning light ON in the instrument cluster. The light didn't go off even after turning off cruise control and toggling the auto start stop button on central console too didn't help.

Recorded the below video:

I brought the car to a halt and the warning light went away. However the auto stop wasn't kicking in even when stopped for a min or more.

I turned off the car and turned it back on and now it seems to be working. Seems like a software bug, or is it anything else that I am missing?
Old 11th April 2022, 16:09   #3464

I booked a trailhawk last week expecting delivery in May first week. However today I got a call from SA informing me that Trailhawk is not getting manufactured for want of some part sourced from "Ukraine". I am kind of fed up with this lame excuse about Ukraine given by almost all sales people (no offend to anyone) be it in any domain for any kind of delays. This has become so convenient way of fooling people of late. Nevertheless, I would like to know from members here if this is really the case in your opinion or I am being taken for a ride. BTW the SA was not sure about when the delivery may resume.
kartoosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 21:47   #3465
BHPian

Quote:

- I got those Jeep brand sun blinds. I thought they helped in the crazy temperatures in coastal Karnataka.
Congratulations and welcome to the club
Can you post some picture and review of the blinds? I am planning for something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoosh View Post
However today I got a call from SA informing me that Trailhawk is not getting manufactured for want of some part sourced from "Ukraine".
Ah yes Ukraine - the automobile and semi-conductor powerhouse!
On more serious note, ask him which exact part is sourced from Ukraine.

And one question to the owners. Sometime while driving, I suddenly get a "alert sound" and warning message on dashboard screen - "Start/stop not ready. Seatbelt unbuckled". The message then immediately goes away. I noticed this is more in ghat sections. There is no problem in driving or anything else. Has anyone else faced this problem? I suspect some issue with seatbelt sensor.

Last edited by timuseravan : 11th April 2022 at 21:56.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks