Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 04:15   #3496
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoosh View Post
Anyone on this forum about Jeep halting production of the new Trailhawk and the next deliveries would begin only in August-22?
I was informed that the Trailhawk is limited to 300 units initially.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 11:41   #3497
BHPian

Seems like there is a new model 'Night Eagle' that has been added between the Longitude & Limited.
It costs 50 K more and gets additional features like Automatic Headlamps, Black interiors, Black Alloys as compared to the Longitude model
Old 19th April 2022, 12:28   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Seems like there is a new model 'Night Eagle' that has been added between the Longitude & Limited.
It costs 50 K more and gets additional features like Automatic Headlamps, Black interiors, Black Alloys as compared to the Longitude model
Would you mind sharing the brochure/feature list if you can find it/received it. My SA (who just came back from Pune training) has no idea that Jeep has even launched this . I told him to just check the website and get back to me with details regarding the feature list since the model is right there on the website with the prices.
Old 19th April 2022, 12:35   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Would you mind sharing the brochure/feature list if you can find it/received it. My SA (who just came back from Pune training) has no idea that Jeep has even launched this . I told him to just check the website and get back to me with details regarding the feature list since the model is right there on the website with the prices.
Hey i also got the information from the Jeep website itself. You can check the variant wise features & compare the same.

https://www.jeep-india.com/new-compa...4aAt_pEALw_wcB
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 14:03   #3500
Senior - BHPian

Fellow owners. Is anyone aware of the kind of underbody protection that comes factory fitted in the Compass? I am planning a Zanskar trip sometime this year. With so many Thars scraping their underbelly, I don’t think the Compass will be spared that easily.
Old 19th April 2022, 17:08   #3501

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I was informed that the Trailhawk is limited to 300 units initially.
By any chance are you aware is it going to be produced again or else prospective buyers like me should move to other models?
Old 20th April 2022, 07:17   #3502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Fellow owners. Is anyone aware of the kind of underbody protection that comes factory fitted in the Compass? I am planning a Zanskar trip sometime this year. With so many Thars scraping their underbelly, I don’t think the Compass will be spared that easily.
I think it is synthetic plastic, definitely not metal protection. Trailhawk gets a metal protection. Unfortunately the metal plate(engine guard) of Trailhawk doesn't fit for Compass. I am planning to get this done outside the service center.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 08:22   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think it is synthetic plastic, definitely not metal protection. Trailhawk gets a metal protection. Unfortunately the metal plate(engine guard) of Trailhawk doesn't fit for Compass. I am planning to get this done outside the service center.
So basically we can take off the synthetic plastic plates and replace them with metal ones without drilling additional holes? This seems doable. Let me also find out from PRAD / ARKA if they can do it for Compass.
Old 20th April 2022, 11:25   #3504
BHPian

Planning to buy Jeep Compass as a replacement to my SX4. Following is what the dealership (Celica Automobiles) told me:

Sports Petrol MT and Diesel Manual are obsolete now. Only available option is Sports Petrol AT. The on-road price for Kolkata is Rs.23.55 lakhs.
The next in range is Night Eagle (diesel manual at Rs.24.78 lakhs, followed by Petrol AT at Rs.25+). Longitude is now obsolete and is replaced by Night Eagle.

Please suggest if anyone yet knows about these changes (as website is yet to reflect this), and your opinion on the said on-road price. I have not yet negotiated or visited the showroom - this is based on the very first call on phone with their representative.
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 15:16   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Unfortunately the metal plate(engine guard) of Trailhawk doesn't fit for Compass. I am planning to get this done outside the service center.
May I know this info is verified?

I've been told the same by the service advisor. However, I do not swallow that fully. It is unlikely that any design change is done to Trailhawk chassis, compared to regular 4X4 Compass. Of course, the suspension is setup differently.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-trailhawk-underbody.jpg
By the way, underbody of Trailhawk
WhiteKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 15:38   #3506
BHPian

Congratulations to all the new owners here!

Is it just that I've started noticing more or has the number of Compasses on the road have increased a lot?

On each drive, no matter how short, tend to spot atleast 1 Compass.

Also, post the last PCM update on my Compass in February, I've noticed the mileage has reduced. I'm getting around 9.5 kmpl in mixed use case as compared to previous 10.5 kmpl. This probably can be attributed to more spirited driving though.

Last edited by deltasierra : 20th April 2022 at 15:58. Reason: Timeline correction.
deltasierra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 19:17   #3507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
May I know this info is verified?

I've been told the same by the service advisor. However, I do not swallow that fully. It is unlikely that any design change is done to Trailhawk chassis, compared to regular 4X4 Compass. Of course, the suspension is setup differently.

Attachment 2298683
By the way, underbody of Trailhawk
Here is the underbody of Compass. The design of the engine guard is different and the mount points are different as well. In fact they tried placing the the engine guard of Traihawk in mine but it doesn't fit.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-ub1.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 13:51   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
An ownership review of the Petrol DCT Compass.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SmoylyXsQLE

One can see the reasons behind picking the somewhat criticised petrol over the diesel engined variant, as well as picking the compass over a cheaper and more feature laden korean. Should be mentioned he is driving the entry-level Sports variant which is said to now be discontinued.
PS. That's me in this video giving customer review 😅😅

It was a great great confusion between feature loaded Creta and Rock Solid Compass.

Diesel automatic in Compass is costlier but I could find a balance with Sport Automatic variant. It was somewhat closed to Creta's top model on road and fills all my needs of a reliable car.

I still feel Sport variant is very underrated. One can sit in a top model Creta or Seltos and then sir in so called base model Compass and you will still feel the difference of quality of material used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And post the face lift, this is the new Sport -

To me at least, the car looked and felt drastically different in person. Features are less compared to the top-end variants of crossovers from the lower segment, but the quality difference is as evident as night and day. And I hear the sales for the Sport really picked up post the facelift - may be that's the reason Jeep wants to discontinue it.
Sport variant's interior look definitely very different when checked in person. I found it better than top variants of many other cars such as Creta, Seltos, Kushaq etc.

And from outside it is just so so gorgeous.

I choose Sport AT over those top models and after driving 10K kms, still happy with my decision.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220417_113459.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th April 2022 at 14:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 16:26   #3509
BHPian

Hi just wanted to ask if there was a possibility of adding front sensors and a subwoofer to the limited Jeep Compass from the workshop? I didn't want to add it from outside, as I didn't want to void the electrical warranty and wanted something that shows up on the Compass head unit itself
Old 24th April 2022, 16:31   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Hi just wanted to ask if there was a possibility of adding front sensors and a subwoofer to the limited Jeep Compass from the workshop? I didn't want to add it from outside, as I didn't want to void the electrical warranty and wanted something that shows up on the Compass head unit itself
I'm almost certain this will not be permissible.
However, you do have an option to add the wireless charger function for 7,500/-(M.R.P.) which mostly sits flush where the factory unit is with the exception of a wire fed from the usb port that will be visible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks