Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 12:57   #1771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Does Compass petrol (BS6) automatic comes with cruise control?
Yes it does ! BS6 Compass Petrol is available with cruise control now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
A query on pricing for a used Compass in Pune/Mumbai:
The price is spot on. I think you can go ahead with it. Just make sure, you have the car checked at service center.

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2020 at 14:08. Reason: back to back posts merged
Roadster17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 21:14   #1772
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Took a testdrive of the Jeep Compass BS6 at my home since I am working @ home. The dealer promised the new car would be disinfected first and he did video call to show the same. The car had that strong chemical smell to it when it reached my home and I requested to drive without the showroom RM which was surprisingly granted.

Now on to the testdrive impressions of the new 2020 Sports Plus BS6 car "BTW Not a Demo Vehicle":-

1. It now has a huge screen and supports Android Auto.
2. The response from the acc pedal is maybe a dash dullish then BS4
3. The lip below the bumper is now tiny and not XXL as before and it did not rub anywhere even when I drove fast.
4. The ride is still as stiff as before and that means great in high speed.
5. Plastics are the same as before was expecting this to be rectified and given better quality.
6. The central console looks old now and seems out of place.
7. I stalled the ESS twice "At the red light and then again at a slight incline traffic jam"
8. The 2.0 is still great to drive its roll on performance is great and I think still better than Harrier/Hector in this regard.
9. The clutch is still heavy and sometimes I could not fully depress it while changing gears in a hurry.

Now given the stock market performance I had to take out my money at a substantial reduction meaning that I have shifted from my preffered LIMITED PLUS option to that of SPORT PLUS and my booking was altered for the same but there are a few alterations I have decided 100% to get done if I buy this and they are:-

Seat Cover –Jeep Compass Sports - 16999
Quad Halogen Headlight Upgrade to Bi-Xenon HID Headlight - 47999*

*The dealer has told me the price might be 10-15k more than this depending on the new prices.

So what do you all think?
Brishti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 09:54   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
The ride is still as stiff as before and that means great in high speed.
Surprised to hear this. I was always under the impression that the ride quality of the Compass was good at lower and medium speeds and can flatten out the bad roads of the city?

What kind of discounts are on offer, given the massive downturn in the car market nowadays? Is Jeep giving any good deals to make the customer even look towards buying cars now?
Old 25th March 2020, 20:21   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Surprised to hear this. I was always under the impression that the ride quality of the Compass was good at lower and medium speeds and can flatten out the bad roads of the city?

What kind of discounts are on offer, given the massive downturn in the car market nowadays? Is Jeep giving any good deals to make the customer even look towards buying cars now?
Its stiff while driving on low speed in city but great for higher speed there is no up-down movement at all. The noise from it is also muffled due to freq damping I guess. Its ride over bad roads is not in the same level as Duster but still quite good due to all around independent suspension. In fact the reason why I had canned Harrier from my list was the torsion-beam setup in the rear which I could get with a much cheaper car.

In fact the new BS6 Compass has a different tune of engine than the BS4 variant the same thing that I wrote in my earlier post it all feels dull somehow. I think they had to put a cap on max exhaust pressure or something so that caused the whole car to be more leaner in acceleration but I still loved the BS4 way of doing things.

My mantra for a new car is drivability and I have to see how this new engine tuning has hit the 20-80 and 40-100 figures. There are no discounts for the BS6 stock and I am now only interested in a SPORT PLUS BS6 diesel. My booking has been converted into this variant and they have been calling like crazy everyday to follow up.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 20:32   #1775
KMT
BHPian

@Bhrishti . The Carwale acceleration and roll-on figures for AT and manual were quite a surprise. Kind of lead me to believe that the engine is tuned for an AT box. You will find it worth reading (I think it is in today's update on that site).

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th March 2020 at 14:28. Reason: typo
Old 25th March 2020, 21:53   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
@Bhrishti . The carwale accleration and rollon figures for AT and manual were quite a surprise. Kind of leads me to believe the engine is tuned for an AT box. You will find itcworth reading (I think it is todays update on that site).
Thanks KMT but those are based on the old BS4 oil burner and not the BS6 one. You can cross check from this link -

https://www.carwale.com/tata-cars/ha...-limited-plus/

And compare to the new AT vs Manual-

https://www.carwale.com/news/jeep-co...ures-revealed/

Also the huge difference between the AT and manual is because of kickdown mode.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 13:43   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
My booking has been converted into this variant and they have been calling like crazy everyday to follow up.
Haven't they closed down their factory and dealerships due to lockdown?
Old 30th March 2020, 21:22   #1778
Distinguished - BHPian

Extension of Service / Warranty period due to the current lock-down.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-service-extension.png
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:55   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Haven't they closed down their factory and dealerships due to lockdown?
The dealerships still have stock and are contacting the people whose BS6 prebookings were pending.
Old 4th April 2020, 17:31   #1780
Distinguished - BHPian

Only 163 units of Jeep Compass sold in March 2020. I wonder if this was just a trend or Covid19 had a role to play in this low number.

Link - GaadiWaadi News article.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 17:38   #1781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Only 163 units of Jeep Compass sold in March 2020. I wonder if this was just a trend or Covid19 had a role to play in this low number.

Link - GaadiWaadi News article.
COVID-19 + silly pricing of the BS6 diesel automatics plus the launch of T-Roc and the upcoming Karoq.

JEEP is not going anywhere with the Compass once Skoda / VW launch here.

Tata has now got the BS6 Harrier with same 170BHP motor and a better Automatic than what JEEP uses for 8 lakhs lesser.

The Compass desperately needs a price correction.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 21:28   #1782
BHPian

I agree with Vid6639 that Compass needs a little price correction considering it has raised prices for BS6 cars considerably as compared to other manufacturers. But you have to concede that it is a throughly engineered car which has a very beautiful design, good engine,steering and ride -handling attributes. Tell me any other car among the ones which you mentioned that has all of these attributes.These are also very good and value for money cars but with something lacking like you say desirability or bland design .

In short if you have to sum up- the buyers of Skoda use the calculator exclusively calculating each and every value , which is a good thing but the buyer of Compass doesn't have a calculator or has forgotten how to use it.
Sandeep500 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 00:07   #1783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
I agree with Vid6639 that Compass needs a little price correction considering it has raised prices for BS6 cars considerably as compared to other manufacturers. But you have to concede that it is a throughly engineered car which has a very beautiful design, good engine,steering and ride -handling attributes. Tell me any other car among the ones which you mentioned that has all of these attributes.These are also very good and value for money cars but with something lacking like you say desirability or bland design .

In short if you have to sum up- the buyers of Skoda use the calculator exclusively calculating each and every value , which is a good thing but the buyer of Compass doesn't have a calculator or has forgotten how to use it.
Problem is, FCA also doesn't seem to be using a calculator. It cannot sustain business by selling 163 cars a month. Period.

The other cars may not match Compass maybe, but they cost 8 lakhs less or even lesser in some trim combinations. Question simply is how many will pay the premium for the difference that the Compass brings (with an inferior diesel AT that too).
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 00:36   #1784
Senior - BHPian

The top of the line Jeep Limited Plus 4x4 Diesel comes dangerously close to Tiguan and Kodiaq territory. Whatever said and done it is definitely overpriced for what it offers. It is strictly a 4 seater , the fifth person is a squeeze at best. Inner space is constrained and the ride quality at low speeds is nothing to write about.

The torque steer is awful too.

All that mumbo jumbo of well engineered, freq selective damping etc etc really don't cut it when it comes to someone investing so much.

These things don't matter and people look at the status and image at this price points rather than technical specs. Unless ofcourse it's an enthusiast whose buying.

Plus the pathetic resale coupled with the uncertainty of Jeep in India is enough of a dampner.

I don't see the sales charts lighting up anytime soon if Jeep does not rationalize the pricing.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 00:57   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Plus the pathetic resale coupled with the uncertainty of Jeep in India is enough of a dampner.
Just curious to know how did you get the resale value?
ank.nsit is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks