Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2020, 22:41   #1921
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi3t View Post
Can you guys please guide me on this whole issue?
Congratulations buddy!
When did the vehicle came on dealer yard? Most probably, they are kept better in factory. Also, since vehicle is 03/20 made, it demands a proper pdi. Please check for battery and minor rust issues if its kept in open.
We had a proper monsoon this time.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 23:32   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need a bit of help though. The VIN number assigned to me today, as per the Team BHP's guide, establishes the manufacturing of the car to be March 2020. Assuming the car PDI is okay, with close to zero reading, I still feel that this may cause issues later on. Can you guys please guide me on this whole issue?
I picked up an late 2015 car in May 2016. No issues long term. However, if you feel it will nag you, you could wait for a fresh piece. But mechanically, I don't feel if it should matter much as long as the car was parked properly.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 21:06   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Went ahead and booked the JC Limited Plus Petrol Auto yesterday. More details in the above post for anyone interested.

I need a bit of help though. The VIN number assigned to me today, as per the Team BHP's guide, establishes the manufacturing of the car to be March 2020. Assuming the car PDI is okay, with close to zero reading, I still feel that this may cause issues later on. Can you guys please guide me on this whole issue?

I picked up a Sep 2018 manufactured car in April 2019. Did not face any issue except the tires, which i think were older make, and a couple developed small sidewall cuts very quickly. I anyways hated the Firestones and replaced all 4 with Yokos about 4 months later.

Do a thorough PDI, check if possible how/where the car was stored, pay special attention to tires because they usually are older, and you should be good.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 09:00   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
I picked up a Sep 2018 manufactured car in April 2019. Did not face any issue except the tires, which i think were older make, and a couple developed small sidewall cuts very quickly. I anyways hated the Firestones and replaced all 4 with Yokos about 4 months later.

Do a thorough PDI, check if possible how/where the car was stored, pay special attention to tires because they usually are older, and you should be good.
What size Yokos did you get, I am trying to find AT tread tyres for the 225/55 R18 size and there isn't a single option available.

Did you get Geolander or the more road biased Yokos.
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:27   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What size Yokos did you get, I am trying to find AT tread tyres for the 225/55 R18 size and there isn't a single option available.

Did you get Geolander or the more road biased Yokos.
Ok, i mine is the Limited model- tyre size is 225/60/R17. In that size you get Yoko Bluearth RV02- would be my top pick. Reasonably priced (8-9k), and good grip, fuel efficient and low on noise. You also get the Pirelli All Seasons and the Falken Wildpeaks that come in the Trailhawk (both around 11-12k). Kumho, Hankook and Yoko Earth-1 also comes in this size but i think the first 3 are better than the latter 3.

All of these are road biased tyres.

An upsize would be 235/60/R17- you get the Michelin Primacy SUV. Pricey but good. Again road biased. You get Cooper ATs too in this size.

For Limited Plus size, not much options am afraid in stock size. You may have to upsize
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:48   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Ok, i mine is the Limited model- tyre size is 225/60/R17. In that size you get Yoko Bluearth RV02- would be my top pick. Reasonably priced (8-9k), and good grip, fuel efficient and low on noise. You also get the Pirelli All Seasons and the Falken Wildpeaks that come in the Trailhawk (both around 11-12k). Kumho, Hankook and Yoko Earth-1 also comes in this size but i think the first 3 are better than the latter 3.

All of these are road biased tyres.

An upsize would be 235/60/R17- you get the Michelin Primacy SUV. Pricey but good. Again road biased. You get Cooper ATs too in this size.

For Limited Plus size, not much options am afraid in stock size. You may have to upsize
Thanks for the great options you listed. I think I would have to actually downsize to either 17 or 16 inch to find some good AT tyres.

Any idea if the 18 inch wheels can be changed to 16 or 17 inch. Any issues with making this change with regard to performance and warranty.
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:16   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the great options you listed. I think I would have to actually downsize to either 17 or 16 inch to find some good AT tyres.

Any idea if the 18 inch wheels can be changed to 16 or 17 inch. Any issues with making this change with regard to performance and warranty.
Changing the wheels should be possible. The only AT option available in 235/60/R17 are Coopers i believe.

Nothing- not even HT options available in OE Limited Plus size...think Tuscon also has the same size and same issues. you can always upsize to 245/50/R18 or 235/50/R18

But talk to your dealer before downsizing/upsizing. I have heard conflicting opinions on warranty issues from different dealers.
Old 2nd September 2020, 17:58   #1928
Distinguished - BHPian

Lord Ganesha idol created using 122 Jeep Compass SUVs. Ganpati idol was spread over 29,970 sq.ft. It took 8 drivers to position the Compass SUVs with over 50 hours spent in planning and execution.

Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 18:02   #1929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Lord Ganesha idol created using 122 Jeep Compass SUVs. Ganpati idol was spread over 29,970 sq.ft. It took 8 drivers to position the Compass SUVs with over 50 hours spent in planning and execution.
They seem to have a lot of cars in the factory
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 19:03   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend mentions this issue issue he is facing in his Compass, if anyone else has faced the same, please let know what can be the reason -

Quote:
I bought the most awaited Trail rated Jeep Compass in Sept 2019 with high hopes of taking it on terrains which most of the other SUV’s would find it difficult. Within 9 months I started getting problems with the vehicle especially with the battery draining out and thereby failing all of the other vehicular functions (Messages such as 4WD UNAVAILABLE / STOP & START UNAVAILABLE and sometimes SERVICE FUEL FILTER are displayed).
Twice the company service team towed the vehicle and recharged the battery without giving any report on the reason for the battery to get drained.

Its third time in a row the same issue is resurfaced (4WD UNAVAILABLE / STOP & START UNAVAILABLE and sometimes SERVICE FUEL FILTER) as messages while I try to start the vehicles engine. This time , the service team ordered for a new battery as against the earlier battery charging method and received it after 4 long weeks – as I understand that there is no spare battery for trail rated Jeep Compass and that it had to be imported. This time around, there is a fresh news from the service team that the vehicle is not responding even after replacing it with the new battery.

Can any one facing a similar issue throw some light on it as the service team is completely clueless and are just pushing days without any concrete solution. Even the FCA team from Mumbai / Pune is unable to find a solution to this.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:00   #1931
BHPian

Quote:

What OEM tyres did your car come with ? I got Bridgestone Turanza's.

There are absolutely no options for this particular size though I saw Pirelli has a few options which I doubt would be available in India.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:04   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
What OEM tyres did your car come with ? I got Bridgestone Turanza's.

There are absolutely no options for this particular size though I saw Pirelli has a few options which I doubt would be available in India.
I got the same Bridgestone Turanza 225/55 R18 tyres. They are excellent for highway but the low profile isn't suited to even mild offroading. There is nothing available in AT tyres in this size in India as far as I know. The option is to downsize to either 16 or 17 inch and then get Yokohama Geolandar or similar tyres.

The 18 inch alloys are not cut out for offroading at all and there is big danger of kerbing them if you go offroad.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:34   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
A friend mentions this issue issue he is facing in his Compass, if anyone else has faced the same, please let know what can be the reason -
Could be a ground issue. Try to check the discharge.
sunilsoft is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 16:59   #1934
BHPian

Has anyone here tried any performance mods for the Jeep Compass diesel?
Old 5th September 2020, 17:54   #1935
BHPian

Just visited Jeep showroom at my hometown and got quotation of Sports Plus variant. The only discount offered was 30k exchange bonus and free reverse camera and rear parcel. So total on road price is coming to 21 big ones.

There was no TD vehicle, they cancelled all TD's due to corona and kept TD vehicle inside showroom as display vehicle. No accessories in stock (due to China situation), only mud flaps are being sold. I told SA I am not paying 10k handling charges and he was fine with it.

I am not contemplating with the launch of Harrier XT+, the sunroof is tempting at this price bracket and ex-shoroom is 1 lakhs cheaper than JC. Mind over heart decision again.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200905wa0015.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks