Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 14:08   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
So after I put down the booking details of the Jeep Compass on the new car booking thread, I took delivery of the vehicle last Friday.

Have driven it for around 100 kilometres over the weekend. Will pen down my initial impressions after driving the car around a little more.

A snap from when I was waiting at the fuel bunk.
Congrats 👏 👏. Which variant did you pick up. How is the initial feedback
Old 24th August 2020, 19:54   #1892
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Congratulations, Baddychat, I think you made a pretty quick and good decision. I have read your earlier post.

You should elaborate your reason for going against the tide and your experience and the deal you got if you may like. Wishing you miles and miles of blissfull drives.
Old 25th August 2020, 13:06   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Well, here is another one who joins the Jeep Club. I finally brought home a Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4 Automatic in the Limited Plus Trim. The purchase decision was a long and protracted one and took over an year!

The constant comparisons with my previous vehicle, a Pajero SFX was the reason it took me so long to find a replacement. The Jeep Compass came the closest to it, given the fact that I wanted a small, capable and a real SUV.

There is a lot more background to this decision and I will start an ownership thread separately to share all the details.

For now here a couple of mug shots for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200805wa0012.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200805wa0018.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200805wa0019.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200805wa0023.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:27   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Congrats 👏 👏. Which variant did you pick up. How is the initial feedback
First of all congratulations to you too as well on picking up the JC.
Thanks for your wishes. I picked up the Limited Plus 4x2 Diesel MT. The intial feedback is good though I have just driven it for 130 kms so far. I have primarily driven it around in the city as of now. I feel the turbo lag on the BS6 version is much more controlled and it feels pretty linear. City driveability is a little better than the BS4 version that I had driven earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Congratulations, Baddychat, I think you made a pretty quick and good decision. I have read your earlier post.

You should elaborate your reason for going against the tide and your experience and the deal you got if you may like. Wishing you miles and miles of blissfull drives.
Thanks Sandeep for your wishes.
If you mean that not buying the Seltos or the Creta is going against the tide then I sure did.
This is the first SUV we were planning to buy. So it took a little time to decide on what exactly I wanted.
I had cancelled the booking for the Creta in early April and was just giving myself a little time before I decided on something else. Liked the TROC which drove so much better than the Korean siblings. The rear seat space was a dampener though I was not looking at MG like space but this was a little too tight for our liking.
We had TD'ed the JC earlier and liked it and this TD was no different.
Baddychat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 11:34   #1895
BHPian

I got this text message from one of the JEEP dealers in Mumbai.
"Jeep Compass prices will increase by *30,000/- from 1st Sept 2020*.
Book now & avail the Jeep Adventure-For-All-Offer*.

*Avail benefits worth Rs. 1,80,000/-* on the feature-loaded Jeep Compass.*

For more details contact Landmark Jeep on 95XXXXXX00.

Offer valid on selected models & ends on 31st August 2020.
*T&C apply"

Is Jeep increasing the prices of Compass? Other manufacturers are announcing price cuts and JEEP is announcing a price hike. This is inexplicable. They already had a significant hike in prices in the BS6 models over BS4 models. Another price increase within months for a product which is not very hot selling as Creta/ Seltos is quite surprising. Or am I missing something?
Old 27th August 2020, 11:55   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
First of all congratulations to you too as well on picking up the JC.
Thanks for your wishes. I picked up the Limited Plus 4x2 Diesel MT. The intial feedback is good though I have just driven it for 130 kms so far. I have primarily driven it around in the city as of now. I feel the turbo lag on the BS6 version is much more controlled and it feels pretty linear. City driveability is a little better than the BS4 version that I had driven earlier.

Thanks Sandeep for your wishes.
If you mean that not buying the Seltos or the Creta is going against the tide then I sure did. .
Congratulations. I am in the market, thinking of buying one do-it-all SUV. But I am a bit hesitant to put down 30 big ones in the name of Jeep. This will replace my Polo & City and it sure has to have best of both, ie, peppy, reliable, and comfortable in the rear for my parents, with running costs somewhere in between.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 10:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 15:47   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
"Jeep Compass prices will increase by *30,000/- from 1st Sept 2020*.
Book now & avail the Jeep Adventure-For-All-Offer*.

*Avail benefits worth Rs. 1,80,000/-* on the feature-loaded Jeep Compass.*

For more details contact Landmark Jeep on 95XXXXXX00.

Offer valid on selected models & ends on 31st August 2020.
*T&C apply"
Yup - heard this at the Blore dealer (KHT Prime). Discounts are on the Longitude Plus 4X2 variants only (both petrol and diesel). They had no clue when the facelift model is coming - although they mentioned it was supposed to be October but things are pushed out due to Covid.

I'm too confused whether to wait or pull the trigger on the current model. I think anything competitive from Honda / Toyota is atleast 2 years away - but Jeep needs to do something about the price - it will be extremely stupid to raise prices now.

Last edited by loki : 27th August 2020 at 15:58.
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 16:10   #1898
Team-BHP Support

As per a whatsapp forward:

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200826-17.41.55.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2020 at 17:08. Reason: Watermark added
Vid6639 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 16:23   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Attachment 2048397

If they have discounted the ex showroom price it will translate to an additional 23-25% off on the discounted amount in terms of road tax and insurance premium reductions.

The Longitude Diesel AT will have a total benefit of around 1.65 lakhs. That should approximately put the OTR price at just over 25 lakhs.

At that price makes a good buy.

Not sure though if the RTO is considering a discounted ex showroom price and reducing the tax burden accordingly. Can anyone comment ?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th August 2020 at 16:29.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 18:15   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if any discount on the NIGHT EAGLE special edition?

Does it still make sense to get this now or wait for the update expected next year.
Old 27th August 2020, 19:22   #1901
BHPian

Jeep is still a very expensive proposition even with this discount. You can only buy it with your heart and not with your brain.

The Limited plus Diesel 4x4 AT is almost 32 lacs OTR in Bangalore, even with the discount, the price is going to be still close to 31 lacs OTR. I don't think Compass is worth anything more than 27 lacs OTR.
shabash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 00:03   #1902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-Addict View Post
Any idea if any discount on the NIGHT EAGLE special edition?

Does it still make sense to get this now or wait for the update expected next year.
Considering this barely launched a month ago I think discounts will start only next month if at all.

They seem to have priced it already accordingly so looks doubtful.
Old 28th August 2020, 08:45   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on why Kerala was specifically excluded from this offer
Old 28th August 2020, 10:39   #1904
BHPian

The Harrier effect? Apart from the Tata badge and associated after sales experience (which is debatable for both the brands), the Harrier is a better vehicle in almost every aspect. I have a Jeep in the garage but a test drive in the Harrier on the same road makes me want it..
Old 28th August 2020, 12:27   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
As per a whatsapp forward
These are some heavy discounts. Longitude variant is now even more sweeter. However, I still cannot afford a Jeep

I guess this has to do with Harrier impact, July'20 has seen 33% hike on Harrier sales. Korean twins are killing it and the festive season is coming soon. Also Compass facelift is just around the corner. All these factors might have impacted the price cuts.

I had also seen on Jeep website an interesting interest rate of 7.25% on loan. I am not sure if it is floating interest or fixed interest. If it is a fixed interest, then it is a great deal as well. I am paying 9% interest on my TUV since 3 years

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks