Team-BHP - Jeep Compass : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jeep Compass : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/189786-jeep-compass-official-review-124.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4838166)
30K is on the higher side for the 3rd year service. Did you ask for brake pad cleaning? And any issues with the suspension?

That's 12 to 15k for the normal service (oil change, oil filter, air filter, ac filter and other service charges,brakes cleaning and suspension checking/tightening and misc stuff). Then 8k for brake pad change which is nearly going to get over and kind of agreed it as that's a common occurrence for automatic cars. Another 4k for the all the 4 spark plug change (was supposed to be done on the previous service but the 1st owner skipped it). Car did feel tighter and better overall but yeah, was pretty surprised with the bill amount. Will scan and attach the copy here for reference.
I'm yet to take the extended warranty at 41k, thought of doing that next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 4837282)
Already posted this in the Jeep automatic thread but thought I might as well share it here.

Some of these look like the service is pushing for items which is not essentially needed for a 28K run vehicle.
General check up charges?? - Aren't they supposed to check all as part of service? There should be a standard charge mentioned for 40K service which includes all activities.

+ front brake pad change - Need / life of pad basis
+ suspension o/h+ scanning and programming = Is the suspension bad at 28K?
What are they scanning and programming?

Please do go through each item in the bill and get it analysed. Regards,

Hi,
My J.C did not start today morning when I tried to start it after about seven- eight days. Speedo meter started blinking and various errors like power steering service ,Eps service required started showing but motor did not crank properly to start . I knew battery died and to be doubly sure called my sevice advisor. He told battery discharged or died so these errors are showing. As per his advice jump started the car and let it idle for 15 minutes. It started fine after switching off . I thought battery has charged and took it for a drive to place where I was going for about 60 km. After parking I tried starting again to see if the battery has fully charged but to my surprise it didn't start again . So called my S.A again and he told battery has died completely and had to replace it. As I was far away from nearest Jeep service center about 140 km so had to change the battery there only. I called RSA but they said no immediate help can be provided due to current situation. So replaced the battery with Amaron DIN 74 as suggested on phone with 5 year warranty.

I have read in this forum that Jeep has replaced the Exide battery of few customers free of cost even after expiry of one year warranty on battery due to faulty Exide batteries. Mine is 2018 model Jeep. What should be my future course of action as I had replace battery myself due to situation I was in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep500 (Post 4840100)
I have read in this forum that Jeep has replaced the Exide battery of few customers free of cost even after expiry of one year warranty on battery due to faulty Exide batteries. Mine is 2018 model Jeep. What should be my future course of action as I had replace battery myself due to situation I was in.

Its two years passed now, I doubt that they will refund the cost for you now.

When I started my compass yesterday, I got a whole set of errors - dynamic torque steering, esc, abs, traction control and 4 wheel drive all out. Called up the service Center and they said the ABS sensor might have gone for a toss. Good news is that since mine is a MT, it wouldn’t affect driving but they claimed that it would put an AT on limp mode. They also said that the sensor is covered under warranty. Planning to bring the car in for service in a week. It’s run around 25k kilometres since I got it in oct 2017.

Unlike Sandeep’s post above, I don’t have any issues with the battery this time as I had my battery replaced last year when it conked out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by di1in (Post 4844276)
When I started my compass yesterday, I got a whole set of errors - dynamic torque steering, esc, abs, traction control and 4 wheel drive all out. Called up the service Center and they said the ABS sensor might have gone for a toss. Good news is that since mine is a MT, it wouldn't affect driving but they claimed that it would put an AT on limp mode. They also said that the sensor is covered under warranty. Planning to bring the car in for service in a week. It's run around 25k kilometres since I got it in oct 2017.

Unlike Sandeep's post above, I don't have any issues with the battery this time as I had my battery replaced last year when it conked out.

Isn't 3 years too early for an ABS sensor to go kaput. Was your car parked for an extended period before you started it. Maybe the battery is low or some pest issue.

Please update us on what you find out.

On a separate note. Isn't it possible to scan the Jeep Compass using an OBD 2 adapter to figure out what's wrong. Is the Compass OBD 2 compatible. I have an OBD 2 adapter in case you would like to try.

Saw this on Jeep India’s Instagram handle

Jeep India to launch ‘Night eagle’ variant to spice things up in the compass line up.

As per Autocar India, the variant will be based on the mid spec Longitude plus trim. Special edition SUV gets gloss black detailing on the exterior and interior.

The Compass Night Eagle will be available only in a black paint scheme and will get gloss black detailing on the grille and around the window line, along with black Jeep badges. Even the 18-inch alloy wheels will be finished in gloss black. Inside the cabin, the Night Eagle gets special ‘techno’ part-leather seat upholstery and gloss black trim around the infotainment screen and AC vents.

Apart from these, the Jeep Compass Night Eagle is expected to get an 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality, push-button start with keyless entry, dual-zone automatic climate control, Xenon projector headlamps, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, ESP and hill-start assist.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ch-soon-418056

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts (Post 4846346)
Saw this on Jeep India’s Instagram handle

Trying to copy Tata Harrier Dark edition :uncontrol ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm2.0 (Post 4846710)
Trying to copy Tata Harrier Dark edition :uncontrol ?

Actually Sir, Jeep had launched a complete Black Edition on the Limited variant if I am not mistaken before the Harrier was launched, and they had discontinued it and now they are launching this but in the lower Longitude variant.

The new limited edition variant will look like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4844287)
Isn't 3 years too early for an ABS sensor to go kaput. Was your car parked for an extended period before you started it. Maybe the battery is low or some pest issue.

Please update us on what you find out.

It indeed was the ABS sensor on the right rear wheel. It’s been fixed under warranty. I checked the service history and it seems this had already been done once last year for the right front wheel. My dad had taken it to the service Center then. Out of warranty, this sensor replacement would have cost ₹4700 + labour. They got to the sensor after taking the wheel off.

I asked them for the reason, and they didn’t have any. They just said it could be due to something hitting the sensor, corrosion, short circuiting, etc. They also said that these are considered “mechanical” components and not covered under insurance either. Double confirmed this with the service advisor.

I’m concerned about this happening so soon, and more so about the ramifications to my pocket after the extended warranty gets over.

Anybody have advice on whether I should raise an issue with the FCA? Anybody else seeing this problem here.

On a different note: driving with traction control off made the compass much more agile. It felt like driving my old Honda city from 2002.

Quote:

Originally Posted by di1in (Post 4847245)
It indeed was the ABS sensor on the right rear wheel. It’s been fixed under warranty. I checked the service history and it seems this had already been done once last year for the right front wheel. My dad had taken it to the service Center then. Out of warranty, this sensor replacement would have cost ₹4700 + labour. They got to the sensor after taking the wheel off.

I asked them for the reason, and they didn’t have any. They just said it could be due to something hitting the sensor, corrosion, short circuiting, etc. They also said that these are considered “mechanical” components and not covered under insurance either. Double confirmed this with the service advisor.

I’m concerned about this happening so soon, and more so about the ramifications to my pocket after the extended warranty gets over.

Anybody have advice on whether I should raise an issue with the FCA? Anybody else seeing this problem here.

On a different note: driving with traction control off made the compass much more agile. It felt like driving my old Honda city from 2002.

It sure is a worrying sign. How much has your vehicle driven till now.

ABS Sensors are usually quite robust. They do not touch anything so the failure is almost always due to electronic component quality. Having two of them go off on a 3 yr old car is definitely not right.

At Rs. 4700 + Labour, this would be atleast a Rs. 6500 Expense after warranty.

Has anyone else also encountered these type of issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4847266)
It sure is a worrying sign. How much has your vehicle driven till now.

It’s just run less than 24k until now. Look forward to hear from others if they’ve faced anything similar.

Have seen a couple of cases of the driver seat trim broken off. The side trim where the seat adjustment levers are fixed. Has anyone here faced this issue. Seems like the trim breaks from the front side and then hangs towards the door.

Discounts have started coming in for the the BS6 models. Close to 2L discounts on the Longitude plus Diesel MT variant.