Team-BHP - Jeep Compass : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jeep Compass : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/189786-jeep-compass-official-review-125.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4848014)
Discounts have started coming in for the the BS6 models. Close to 2L discounts on the Longitude plus Diesel MT variant.

Thanks for this Arun. Where are these announced, Jeep website or dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4848017)
Thanks for this Arun. Where are these announced, Jeep website or dealer.

I am sure that this is applicable to bangalore dealers (PPS-MPS and KHT), but not sure about other cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4848039)
I am sure that this is applicable to bangalore dealers (PPS-MPS and KHT), but not sure about other cities.

Thanks, what I meant was were did you find this ad. I am negotiating with PPS currently and not getting anywhere close to what the ad shows. Although I am in talks for the Limited Plus 4x4 variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4848041)
Thanks, what I meant was were did you find this ad. I am negotiating with PPS currently and not getting anywhere close to what the ad shows. Although I am in talks for the Limited Plus 4x4 variant.

I received this in one of the Whtsapp group and verified with PPS. This discount is specific to Longitude Plus Petrol AT/Diesel MT and not on other variants. Maybe you can use this to extract more discount on the 4x4 variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4848055)
I received this in one of the Whtsapp group and verified with PPS. This discount is specific to Longitude Plus Petrol AT/Diesel MT and not on other variants. Maybe you can use this to extract more discount on the 4x4 variant.

Thanks a lot. Will try and see of they budge. Also your ownership thread has helped me a lot in my selection process. It gives me the confidence to go ahead. Thanks 😊

Can someone please validate the bad bits mentioned in the below video from Autocar.

https://youtu.be/_j-F0YHCK3k

I would definitely agree on the Limited Boot as a shortcoming as I have faced that many times. The claimed number of boot space is incorrect and it would actually be 438L only when you take out the spare wheel and the side compartments. With all these in place the actual boot space is only 320 L + some small cubbies on the sides.
(my other car is a Skoda Laura which on paper has 550L of boot space but the actual boot space is more than 2x of the Jeep in terms of baggage capacity)

On the engine noise, yes it is slightly noisy when compared to Hyundai Diesels (which are the most refined) but for a 2 L diesel it is reasonably quiet and not very intrusive.

One more shortcoming I had in my Limited variant was the poor projector halogen headlights, which I have upgraded to HID to solve the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 (Post 4848456)
Can someone please validate the bad bits mentioned in the below video from Autocar.

It says Long term review but there is no mention about the servicing and maintenance part.

Rattling issues - I have some mild intermittent rattling on the driver side door. Some people have reported rattling noise coming from the hand-rest.

Boot Size - Coming from Linea, this is a smaller boot. However, I have learned to live with it. Some planning is required when the luggage is more. We use the empty spaces in the spare tyre compartment as well. So far, for 4-5 days trip, we have managed without any issues.

Does the Jeep Compass have real functional Roof Rails that are compatible with Cross Bars and Luggage Carrier accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4848039)

My brother is in the process of buying a petrol AT in Mumbai and he got offered the same discount but ONLY on longitude as the dealer said it is going to be discontinued.

Not sure about any discount on Longitude Plus, but definitely none so far on Limited Plus which is what my brother inquired about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4848577)
Does the Jeep Compass have real functional Roof Rails that are compatible with Cross Bars and Luggage Carrier accessories.

Yes the roof rails are functional and load bearing. I recall seeing in the owner's manual that they can carry a maximum weight of 60kg. The roof rails though are flush and don't have a gap with the roof so if you have to install a roof carrier it has to be compatible with flush roof rails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 4848630)
Yes the roof rails are functional and load bearing. I recall seeing in the owner's manual that they can carry a maximum weight of 60kg. The roof rails though are flush and don't have a gap with the roof so if you have to install a roof carrier it has to be compatible with flush roof rails.

Thanks a lot for this information. It's good to know that you can atleast put something on the roof for the once in a while long trip.

Has anyone received any call about a software update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplysaj (Post 4850026)
Has anyone received any call about a software update?

Not that we have, my Trailhawk went in for the 1st year service today and had a recall listed for the BCM module.

They are now going to place an order.:Frustrati:

Not sure as to why FCA would have to wait till the vehicle is brought in for service, they could have handled it proactively. It would now warrant another visit once the module arrives.

Edit: Update, just got a call from the service manager,he says that the BCM module software has been updated.

Will post the details once I have the documentation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4851110)
Not that we have, my Trailhawk went in for the 1st year service today and had a recall listed for the BCM module.

Since you completed one year of service, it would be great to know your long term feedback for the Jeep. Do post your thoughts.