Team-BHP - Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/190607-volkswagen-tiguan-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 4437799)
I am now stranded on the road. Stopped for lunch near Salem and car doesn't start when I came back. Seems to be another battery problem. Called up the road side assistance and waiting for call back.

Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?

Definitely a flat battery. VW will replace it under warranty for you. What a silly reason to be stranded! :Frustrati

Volkswagen's incompetency in sorting out battery issues that have been plaguing almost all cars since the past 2 years is truly frustrating!

Quote:

I am now stranded on the road. Stopped for lunch near Salem and car doesn't start when I came back. Seems to be another battery problem. Called up the road side assistance and waiting for call back.

Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?

its a battery problem, if you have jumper cables, it makes sense to request another vehicle owner to temporarily assist you with jump starting your car using his car battery.

Quote:

Terrible! I dearly hope help comes soon. Are you with family? No wonder VW & Skoda are top-of-the-mind recall for mucking up on service. Battery failures are a known issue and should not be taken as lightly as the service group seems to do. I am now worrying about my weekend trip.

Please keep us updated and hope it gets sorted out ASAP!

Help came after waiting for 90min. Jump staryed and and back to salem service center to replace battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 4437868)
Help came after waiting for 90min. Jump staryed and and back to salem service center to replace battery.

Thanks, glad to hear. Temporary battery or permanent? Warranty replacement or paid? What a fiasco!

Quote:

Pls switch to an Amaron battery instead of Exide. The Exide batteries on VW cars have been giving trouble for a while now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavit46 (Post 4432303)
Apart from the issue that the battery failed within 6 months of ownership

Did VW or service center attribute the failure to battery quality especially Exide or is there any underlying electrical circuit issue? Hope the issue did not recur again.

Quote:

Seems to be another battery problem ... Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?

Quote:

Glad to hear that the help came. Second battery issue I am coming across in this thread. Did service center give any reason for failure of the battery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4438055)
Thanks, glad to hear. Temporary battery or permanent? Warranty replacement or paid? What a fiasco!

Permanent under warranty. Since they were replacing under warranty, car had to go through numerous test with old and new battery. Took 3 hours for all that process to complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaktisarangi (Post 4438120)
Pls switch to an Amaron battery instead of Exide. The Exide batteries on VW cars have been giving trouble for a while now.

I couldn't agree more. My CEDIA has an Amaron battery, going strong 5th year.

For now, I am getting a jump-start cable for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simhi (Post 4438525)
Did VW or service center attribute the failure to battery quality especially Exide or is there any underlying electrical circuit issue? Hope the issue did not recur again.

After all the tests, they confirmed it is the battery only. It was completely dead.

What if someone buys a new Tiguan and immediately changes battery to amaron ? How does this affect warranty of the entire car ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4441033)
What if someone buys a new Tiguan and immediately changes battery to amaron ? How does this affect warranty of the entire car ?

No impact on warranty as long as he battery meets specifications given by the manufacturer.

Had an accident in my 5-month old Tiguan. Kerala RTC Volvo overtaking another bus pushed me off the tarmac and managed to do this:
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20180804_093557_hdr.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20180804_093612_hdr.jpg

Estimated cost of repairs ~1 lakh (replacement of tail light assembly, panel, wheel arch, bumper and wheel cladding + labour + painting).

Hope it will restore the original looks.

(Moderators: post may deleted if considered irrelevent.)

Ouch ! It must really hurt to see your new car get damaged like this. Is repair cost being covered by insurance ?
1 lac seems a little steep for the damage seen here. Can you share a break up of the cost ?

This was a rough estimate by the VW dealership. I have not got the breakup of the costs yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 4435736)
Yes I bought it from Aliexpress.

@sj_koova - kindly let me know the seller you bought it from. What shipment option did you select?

I took the Tiguan on a 3000 kilometre drive from Mumbai to Kodaikanal and back in 5 days. Let's just say that I am blown over as usual. She did not miss a beat, averaging close to 80 km per hour and giving a FE of 15.6 kmpl despite belting it for most of the way. The handling on the climb to Kodaikanal was such an absolute delight, that others on the drive were amazed that a 1.8 tonne SUV could handle like this.