Team-BHP - Maruti Swift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Swift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/197888-maruti-swift-official-review-20.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4661062)
Have you given thoughts to Elite i20? I felt that is far better than Swift. Please take a TD and check if the seats are comfortable for you. The interiors are generations ahead of Swift and ride quality is also very good. Highest model Asta has nice airbags option for safety.
Jazz is good but I am against their service interval of 6 months compared to other's 1 year. Also it is expensive to maintain for sure.
Baleno/Swift are both "tin ka dabba" in my opinion as far as the build quality is concerned. During my TD, I found Baleno's suspensions were horrible for rear seats.

Elite i20 also we considered but it is a bit cramped at the rear as compared to Jazz. The fit, finish and quality of materials used is far better than the swift/Baleno but have read in the forum and told by few owners that Hyundai become expensive to maintain post 3-4 years.

Baleno suspensions were bad earlier but I believe they have rectified them post 2017-18.

The light weight and thin metal sheet is the only hindrance in chosing the swift again.

Guys just sold my Swift Mjd few days back.Had a wonderful experience and what a reliable car it was . Used it as a daily beater car and had done about 1.76 lakh kilometers in it. Only two modifications done ..upgraded the tyres to 195/6o and alloys and also upgraded music system. Mind you it was pure fun and joy. In all those Kms done and about about seven years of ownership changed only one set of tyres and apart from regular services nothing mind you nothing fell apart...stock suspension,clutch etc everything as original.Front discs and brakes were replaced once and the rear brakes were still original. Never returned less than 20 km/lit but my driving was mostly on highways and moderate or less traffic. I can tell you one memory that raised its status immensely in my eyes . We were to go on a family holiday to Rajasthan and it was not a planned vacation just suddenly made trip. Initially thought of going on a Innova but my brother had bought a BMW3 series and plan was changed to take swift along with BMW. During the trip never did even once we felt shortchanged to be in swift and it happily cruised at speeds of120 plus on that trip keeping company with BMW. The other car was sometimes left behind due to speedbrakers on some places on the highway or broken roads but swift went like nothing can stop it. I can never forget that trip of about 3000 Kms.Hats off. Never did one has to worry about something going wrong be it flooded streets or broken roads. And lastly even while parting it gave another gift in terms of resale value. When it was bought it costed about 7 lakh on road including the upgrades and was sold for Rs 3.90 lakh. Goodbye dear hoping new owner will take care of you:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4661066)
Elite i20 also we considered but it is a bit cramped at the rear as compared to Jazz. The fit, finish and quality of materials used is far better than the swift/Baleno but have read in the forum and told by few owners that Hyundai become expensive to maintain post 3-4 years.

I have driven one Honda, 2 hyundais, 2 marutis and 1 tata. Trust me, Marutis are NOT AT ALL inexpensive to maintain. The bill I paid for the last service of Maruti Estilo and Hyundai Santro was comparable. Maruri has the only advantage of service network. Hyundai is at number 2. Gone are the days when Maruti was really the good and affordable car. If I were you, will go for non Maruti but only after proper test drives and complete analysis.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4660928)
Does the Swift Petrol (ZXi+ or AMT versions) come with the Smartplay studio system and BSVI engine? Please confirm.

I have the same question for Ignis as well.

Folks - I just checked the website and the Swift Petrol indeed comes with the BSVI engine. How about the Smartplay studio system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4660784)
We documented our requirements and checked out few cars in the market.
Fuss free ownership for a period of 10 years minimum. Must be petrol and no mandate of being a manual or auto. Max budget is 8 lakhs + resale value of our current swift.

I'd pick the Jazz if I were you. A very versatile (and severely under-rated) car out there. Light and easy to drive, very good visibility & unmatched usable space. Very refined too. Will be lower on the FE compared to Suzukis but what you get in lieu is worth it.

It will also feel like a proper "upgrade" from the Swift. The others are more of side-grades. So some more feel good factor too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4661399)
Folks - I just checked the website and the Swift Petrol indeed comes with the BSVI engine. How about the Smartplay studio system?

Folks asking this question again as I did not get an answer. Does the Swift come with Smart studio system like Baleno?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4666567)
Folks asking this question again as I did not get an answer. Does the Swift come with Smart studio system like Baleno?

I am sorry, I have never come across the Smart studio system that you are talking about. We have recently bought New Swift VXI AMT and it has very decent audio system. In ZXI/ZDI we can get two tweeters extra and in ZXI+/ZDI+ we can get a touch screen with integrated parking camera. Hope this will support Android auto/Apple car play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4666567)

The Swift comes with "SmartPlay" system. Not the SmartPlay-Studio now appearing in recent launches.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickstead (Post 4668783)
I am sorry, I have never come across the Smart studio system that you are talking about. We have recently bought New Swift VXI AMT and it has very decent audio system. In ZXI/ZDI we can get two tweeters extra and in ZXI+/ZDI+ we can get a touch screen with integrated parking camera. Hope this will support Android auto/Apple car play.

ZXi comes with SmartPlay that includes Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Lower variants come with a non-touch screen system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4668795)
The Swift comes with "SmartPlay" system. Not the SmartPlay-Studio now appearing in recent launches.

ZXi comes with SmartPlay that includes Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Lower variants come with a non-touch screen system.

I wonder they haven't given the new system in Swift

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4668925)
I wonder they haven't given the new system in Swift

I'm guessing something to hold for the next year's interim facelift. The car isn't due for a generation change yet, so things will have to be given at the mid life facelift. Standard norms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4668927)
I'm guessing something to hold for the next year's interim facelift. The car isn't due for a generation change yet, so things will have to be given at the mid life facelift. Standard norms.

Thanks. One dealer had told me it comes with new system, while another said it does not. To clear up the confusion, i called the call center. The call center executive apparently was not aware of what i was talking about. He had not heard the name "smart play studio system"

The kind of sales executives Maruti Arena dealers are hiring these days is quite atrocious to say the least. Nobody has any clue whatsoever on a given car's features and specifications. I had been to a couple of them and just felt like running away. Or if i wanted to buy the car, just pay the damn money and be done with it instead of asking questions ! No wonder the industry is in trouble.

Just nearing 20,000km on my Swift Zxi AMT in 1 year and 5 months. An absolutely hassle free experience with an average of 16kpl.

I wanted to check with other Swift owners of AMT if they're facing any clutch shuddering issues?

There's a light shudder in mine in cold start but disappears within a km of driving. Just wanted to be aware if there is something I should expect.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by qr20de (Post 4681244)
There's a light shudder in mine in cold start but disappears within a km of driving. Just wanted to be aware if there is something I should expect.

Thanks

Have a 2018 VXI AMT run 12K kms and face the same particularly when I roll it down my driveway without pressing accelerator. No problems faced otherwise. Planning to get it checked in the next service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid_deb (Post 4681658)
Have a 2018 VXI AMT run 12K kms and face the same particularly when I roll it down my driveway without pressing accelerator. No problems faced otherwise. Planning to get it checked in the next service.

On cool start wait and do not move the car until rpm settles to 800 or so. This takes about 30-40 seconds to come down to 800 from 1500. Check if the issue persists after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 4669225)
Or if i wanted to buy the car, just pay the damn money and be done with it instead of asking questions !

Would be better to write an e-mail to Maruti and wait for official response.

The official website shows the older unit, so better get this checked.