Team-BHP - Maruti Swift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Swift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/197888-maruti-swift-official-review-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4534799)
What if the key fob fails? eg; gets damaged. Is there a skeleton key to open the door and start the car?

Yes, it gets a removable skeleton. The key is identical to the Dzire's key, except the boot release button. But I doubt you'll be able to start the car if the fob is damaged. In case of low battery, there are certain procedures like touching it near the start/stop button etc.

A pic from our Dzire's official review:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-2017marutidzire26.jpg

The Next gen Ertiga gets a similar key fob, an image from an Ownership review:

Maruti Swift : Official Review-key-fob.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift. The smell goes away, if the AC is switched on. Have shown it to the Maruti (Kalyani) Service folks and did not get a proper resolution (the ac filter was cleaned, but was of no help).

I have tried using air-circulation mode in the mode wherein the outside air is allowed, but that also has not helped.

Any experiences or pointers will of immense help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSEA (Post 4534997)
From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift.

Any experiences or pointers will of immense help.

Is you car always parked under sun?
When the smell comes when you turn on blowers (without AC) or even without it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore (Post 4535002)
Is you car always parked under sun?
When the smell comes when you turn on blowers (without AC) or even without it?

The car is always parked under a covered parking (either at home [basement] or at office [MLCP]). It is driven almost daily (for around 20 odd kms).

I have tried parking it in the sun and have also tried using the 3M Disinfectant (just for heck of trying, did not help).

The smell comes in without the AC and disappears with the AC switched on. Also, mine is an AGS.

Also, the weather (in Bangalore) does not seem to influence things much, in my case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSEA (Post 4535009)
The smell comes in without the AC and disappears with the AC switched on. Also, mine is an AGS.

I think you still missed my point.
Whenever the smell comes, does your blowers are turned on (Not the AC)?
Or it smells always whenever you drive without AC or blower Only mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore (Post 4535015)
I think you still missed my point.
Whenever the smell comes, does your blowers are turned on (Not the AC)?
Or it smells always whenever you drive without AC or blower Only mode?

Yes, the smell comes in when the blowers are turned on, without the AC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSEA (Post 4535017)
Yes, the smell comes in when the blowers are turned on, without the AC.

There could be some component, which gets heated when the blower / fan is running, without cooling effect of AC.

Plastic parts when heated above certain temperature releases similar smell like what you have mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4463161)
My ZXi+ is due for its second free service and I am planning to get an oil change done.I know it isn't required, but it will not do any harm

Confused about this too. The car just went in for it's second free service/inspection at 3500km. I asked for an oil change, but was told that it was not necessary. I'm one of those people who would rather trust the manufacturer recommendations for something as complex as an engine, but still I can't help wondering. Maybe it's just a hangover from the 'old engine' days where an oil change was needed for a new engine while running in.

Add to that, am planning a 4000km road trip in March, so wondering if i should just go ahead and insist on an oil change even if it's at cost? Or just keep to the recommended scheduled change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSEA (Post 4534997)
From last couple of months, I am getting a Vinegar like smell from the vents of my swift.

This used to happen in our old Alto too. Never diagnosed the reason and now the car has been sold. But there was a definite 'damp-smell' aspect, so maybe some water or dampness inside the vents?

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 4540351)
Confused about this too.

The SM who is known to me for well over a decade advised against. I know and have always believed that it is always a good time to change oil, but with modern engines and depleting environment, I decided against it.

No issues, the car is at ~7K now and is doing the daily chores.

What is the real world mileage of the petrol MT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4543593)

I have a petrol AMT. I drive in moderate bangalore traffic and get around 14-14.5 kmpl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4543593)

I use the petrol MT occasionally, haven't done any proper evaluation, but I certainly think it's a lot lower than claimed. Of course, I have a heavy foot when I take the car out of Bangalore and in Bangalore it's usually stop-go traffic, so maybe it's my driving style that's to blame. But for the number of times I have to fill up, I don't get the impression that it's all that efficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 4540351)
Confused about this too. The car just went in for it's second free service/inspection at 3500km. I asked for an oil change, but was told that it was not necessary. I'm one of those people who would rather trust the manufacturer recommendations for something as complex as an engine, but still I can't help wondering. Maybe it's just a hangover from the 'old engine' days where an oil change was needed for a new engine while running in.

Manufacturers recommendations might not always be taken for granted. In order to keep the overall cost of maintenance low, 1 year or 10000km service intervals are recommended in recent times. If the oil is synthetic, it’s fine. Or else keeping in mind the overall health of the engine in long run, we can take a call for a earlier oil change.
Considering that you have a scheduled drive of 4000km and you have already done 3500, I recommend a oil change,if cost is not an issue. This holds good if the oil currently in your car is mineral,which probably is the case.
Also consider the manufacturing date of your car to ascertain the age of oil,as you might be aware that the viscosity reduces from day one irrespective of whether the car is driven or not.

In celebrating the success of SWIFT, Maruti Suzuki to etch SWIFT on the Indian map!

Quote:

A hatchback that is much loved not only in India, but also around the globe, and every generation of this model line that was sold in India has won the prestigious ICOTY award. Therefore, Maruti Suzuki has decided to celebrate this hat-trick in style
Quote:

The road trip will cover 125 cities, panning across 7,280kms and seven days. The word SWIFT will be etched vertically across the map of India. The letters 'S' and 'W' will originate from Etawah and Jhansi respectively in Uttar Pradesh, 'I' from Nagpur in Maharashtra, 'F' from Khammam in Telangana, and 'T' from Ongole in Andhra Pradesh. The Swift cars that will participate in this initiative were flagged-off from New Delhi on February 7, and have reached their respective starting point
Link

Hello Everyone,

Its been 10 days since anyone posted material about the 2018 Swift on the official review thread, so I thought I'd add a bit of flavour. clap:

So I just hit 10,000km today in my Swift and I'd like to give an honest but concise review of my ownership journey so far. To start off, here are some details:

Variant: ZXI AMT
D.O.P: April 2018
Mileage ratio: 90% city, 10% highway

Review:
1. Absolute breeze to drive, both in the city and highway. I've been around Tamilnadu and Karnataka quite a bit and never felt tired driving it.
2. I'm an extremely lightfooted driver; I'm in no hurry when I'm behind the wheel. lol: That could be the reason my average F.E. is 16.1kmpl. I'm excited to see how much this improves after the first service.
3. There have been absolutely no problems with ground clearance, both on highways and in the city, even fully loaded.
4. The car has made us better at packing clap:. Boot is small but hasn't been a problem.

The only complaint I have is that there is a minor and cyclical grinding noise from the right front rotor. I've heard it from other owners. Would anyone else like to comment?

I'm seriously glad I made this vehicle as my choice of car. Onwards to 20,000km!