Team-BHP - Honda Amaze : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Amaze : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/200430-honda-amaze-official-review-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazzy (Post 4500327)
Hi All
Am hearing a screeching/squealing sound from my front left wheel. I noticed this sound today morning when i started the car. I thought it might be due to the rains and applied brake harder few times. Sound stopped. Now in the evening again that noise is coming for some time and stopped. When I googled, it was mentioned there might be a problem with the brake pad. My car (D - V - CVT) is only 4 months old and has ran 4200 kms. Please advise.

Hi Nazzy, was the car parked for long period. Sometimes if you haven't used the car for long times there might be chance that the brakes make sound when the disc & pad engages.
If it persists even after putting some kilometres I would advise you to get it checked at ASC as your car will be under warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by distiller (Post 4500361)
Hi Nazzy, was the car parked for ...

No, I use the car almost daily.
Sure, am going to the service center now. Just hoping they don't ask me to leave the car over the weekend.

Quote:

2018 Year-end discounts on Honda cars

Customers can now avail a number of benefits and offers on a large selection of Honda cars and SUVs.

The end of every year sees many carmakers offer discounts on benefits on their cars and SUVs in order to clear their inventory of older models and boost sales before the end of the year. Honda is no exception and is offering discounts, benefits and offers on a number of its models. Before you buy your new Honda car this month, check out how much you might be able to save:

Honda Amaze
Save up to Rs 15,000
The second-gen Amaze is a significant improvement over the previous model, boasting far more equipment and a roomier interior. There’s a 90hp, 1.2-litre petrol motor (5-speed manual and a CVT gearbox are on offer) and a 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel engine (mated to a 6-speed manual only). The rival to the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and Ford Aspire is now available with a free five-year warranty package and a three-year annual maintenance package. Select dealers are also offering an exchange scheme on the compact sedan.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-screenshot_20181127115250_twitter.jpg

LINK

Pity they don't offer this car with the CVT in the top end variant.
Car manufacturers will never cease to confuse me with their idiotic pricing strategies.

If a person wants top end features he's not always going to upgrade to the City.

Came for my Honda City Diesel service. As it's gonna take some time thought of test driving Amaze CVT diesel. In May our City will complete 5 years and we might look for a replacement by Diwali this year. As the need of the hour in this mad NCR traffic and my daily running being around 90-100km, an automatic makes the only sense.

Bottom line- It's a great engine - gearbox combo. So effortless and smooth to drive. Yes, the power delivery is a little less at times if I compare it with my diesel City. But, it's minimal and you barely notice it. Engine being de tuned it was expected. Couldn't take it above 80kmph due to traffic but SA assured me it behaves quite well at 100+. Also FE for my 7km TD was 21.3 and I was mostly pushing it. So, that's a plus too.

Only thing I wished it came in top trim. Though my need for a touchscreen is nil I dare say it looks pleasing asthetically and would love to have it. Also Android Auto is a boon. Still hoping Honda gets some sense and introduced the variant by Diwali. There are people like me who would love an automatic with all bells and whistles and I know there are too many on our forum who believe the same.

Also, on road price is around 10.5 lac. Next decent diesel automatic sedan is Verna I guess which touches 16 lac price point. 5+ lac is a lot of money. Heck, you can get another nice petrol hatchback for that. So, amaze CVT is a no brainer if you want diesel automatic and don't want to spend a ton for it. All in all I am mighty impressed.

Edit- forgot to add. The current offer is 3 years free complete maintainence package + free extended warranty.

Did anyone get a replacement floor mat for the new Amaze? My dealer has provided beige colored mats and they get soiled really fast, and maintaining this in pristine condition is becoming a headache. Any pointers to reputed/reliable online/offline shops from where I can source them?

Dear All,

Brought home the New Amaze last week. Went for the petrol manual, VX Version. :)

Yes it was a tough decision, since the diesel one is surely more peppy, yet my usage dictated what version i must pick. To be frank, iam happy with this engine as well, it gets going pretty well, and yes, you can rev it hard, which is nice for the ones who like it. Personally iam the sedate kind, and it responds well.

Here is the list of discounts i got:

Got a Jan 2019 manufactured car, has some good additions to it, will try posting some pictures.

Tough part for me is to get used to this new design the car has. Only down side is i miss the tall stance of my Zest. Other than that, everything's cool, touch screen is ultra smooth, and even the music system is decent.

Hoping for some good journeys now. And the moment where i can put the Cruise Control to test.:D

Regards,
Devyaani.

Hi All,

Just got my Amaze Petrol SMT (first iteration) serviced. Odo at service was 65757. Serviced at Kothari Autolink Pvt. Ltd. (Bavdhan, Pune). Total dent to pocket Rs. 17910/- Issues reported at time of handing over for service - low cooling of AC.

The following work was carried out:
1. Medium paid service - wherein the engine oil (synthetic), oil filter & washer plug was changed. For AC cooling problem one blower lid & Element filter was changed.
2. Wheel balancing was done & alignment was not done as the equipment was not in order.
3. Both front lower arm assembly were changed (Part cost - Rs. 3368.80 & labor - Rs. 1183.54), attaching picture of old part.
4. Front shock absorber mount rubber damper and rebound stop damper rubber were changed (Part cost - Rs. 1598.49 & labor - Rs. 1670.88)
5. Front brake disk skimming - Rs. 1253.16
6. Front brake disk pad change (Part cost - Rs. 2933.30 & labor - Rs. 417.72)
7. Front right wiper blade rubber was changed.

Total parts amount paid was Rs. 10823.77 & labor charges paid were Rs. 7085.90 (including taxes)

I have driven around 65 km post service and I doesn't feel much change in the drive characters.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-img_3076.jpg

Honda's service station and customer care team is really pathetic. I've been facing an issue with my Amaze 2018 where the horn sound is not consistent. The horn pitch keeps fluctuating when kept pressed for some time. Sometimes it starts off with high pitch, and then moves to low pitch, and vice-versa.
I've brought this issue to the notice of service center more than 5 times. Till now they have not been able to resolve the issue.

I approached the customer care team, and even they are not able to help. The service center approached Honda's Technical Team regarding this. They were told that the horn sound variation is a feature:Shockked: and is present in Amaze sold in Thailand also.

Need help from fellow BHP-ians to resolve this issue. How can I take this further? Their escalation team hardly responds to mails, and technical team is just washing off their hands saying it is expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion_blore (Post 4547185)
They were told that the horn sound variation is a feature:Shockked: and is present in Amaze sold in Thailand also.

Need help from fellow BHP-ians to resolve this issue. How can I take this further? Their escalation team hardly responds to mails, and technical team is just washing off their hands saying it is expected.

I've read somewhere that it's a feature to discourage excessive honking. All 3rd gen citys too have this "feature". I'd suggest changing to an aftermarket horn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4547193)
I've read somewhere that it's a feature to discourage excessive honking. All 3rd gen citys too have this "feature". I'd suggest changing to an aftermarket horn.

Does City also have this behavior? If this is intended, then I believe it should have a specific pattern.
As of now I see the horn sound keeps fluctuating HIGH -> LOW -> LOW -> HIGH -> LOW, and sometimes LOW -> HIGH -> LOW -> HIGH. As you can see, there is no specific pattern. Also the duration of low and high pitches will be fixed if this is intended behavior, however in my case it is fluctuating.

Quote:

Honda's service station and customer care team is really pathetic. I've been facing an issue with my Amaze 2018 where the horn sound is not consistent. The horn pitch keeps fluctuating when kept pressed for some time. Sometimes it starts off with high pitch, and then moves to low pitch, and vice-versa.
I've brought this issue to the notice of service center more than 5 times. Till now they have not been able to resolve the issue.

I approached the customer care team, and even they are not able to help. The service center approached Honda's Technical Team regarding this. They were told that the horn sound variation is a feature:Shockked: and is present in Amaze sold in Thailand also.

They are correct. I don't know why it's classified as a 'feature' but this is constant across all Hondas. Their new horn pretty much sucks. lol:

I had the same stock Honda horn in my 2009 City for a while, (after the original one stopped working) and faced the same phenomenon. I replaced it with a Hella unit, which is the best thing to do IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4547193)

Wow what a reason to polish an ineffective horn. The horns used by Honda are not of good quality, no two ways about it. My brother’s previous generation Swift horn also became ineffective after some time. We changed to aftermarket horns and everything is fine after that. Let’s hope they don’t bring ‘engine missing feature’ to reduce road accidents due to over speeding lol:.

Quote:

Honda's service station and customer care team is really pathetic. I've been facing an issue with my Amaze 2018 where the horn sound is not consistent.

Honda horns are pathetic. They sound like a moped. First thing I did when we bought our City was to change it from outside. Do yourself a favor and get a Minda or any other reputed brand horn from outside. Issue will be resolved and horn sound will improve tremendously. Your piece of mind is more important than chasing these service center guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron:) (Post 4547209)
They are correct. I don't know why it's classified as a 'feature' but this is constant across all Hondas. Their new horn pretty much sucks. lol:

I had the same stock Honda horn in my 2009 City for a while, (after the original one stopped working) and faced the same phenomenon. I replaced it with a Hella unit, which is the best thing to do IMHO.

Thanks a ton! Feels good to know it is not a bug in my car. Would replacing the horn void warranty?