Team-BHP - Maruti Ertiga : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ertiga : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/206653-maruti-ertiga-official-review-19.html)

One of the things i personally dislike about the new Ertiga is the poor sound insulation of the cabin. Has anybody tried damping the car and how much difference did it make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 4649897)
One of the things i personally dislike about the new Ertiga is the poor sound insulation of the cabin. Has anybody tried damping the car and how much difference did it make.

Damping will make a significant difference but it won't fully improve by a huge margin.

The reason is the Ertiga has very huge windows and maruti decided to reduce the glass thickness to reduce weight+improve FE + reduce cost. So the sound entering due to the thin windows will still not get fully solved.

As a result whenever I have sat in one or driven one I kept thinking one of the window was not fully closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4649944)
Damping will make a significant difference but it won't fully improve by a huge margin.

The reason is the Ertiga has very huge windows and maruti decided to reduce the glass thickness to reduce weight+improve FE + reduce cost. So the sound entering due to the thin windows will still not get fully solved.

As a result whenever I have sat in one or driven one I kept thinking one of the window was not fully closed.

That is interesting. Making glass thinner will add to more trouble only. My ertiga's (2016 model, not the new one) side glass was hit by a small stone on road. Fortunately it did not break it but I can still see a significant impression on glass (the big glass). Just wandering if same thing happens with new Ertiga. As mentioned, if the glass is thinner, it may break it adding to more expenses to owners. Not a wise move by Maruti on every aspect of new cars (reduced weight policy :Frustrati )

For potential Maruti buyrs, atleast for those who drove the cars before the weight loss program, newer lighter cars are a real concern for sure. :) (I am one of them)

Gentlemen,

What is your opinion about the Reliability and spare parts availability of the Ertiga Automatic.

The next car I buy, I am planning to keep for 15 years.

The competition is between Ertiga AT and B-RV CVT.

I hear "youtube pundits" say Ertiga has an outdated Automatic etc. It is 1990 s tech.
What is the outlook on Serviceability and parts availability for the Maruti AT? How many units have they sold?

I think honda sells more CVT cars than Maruti AT. So , I feel serviceability may be better for a honda, but I may be totally wrong. Hence asking here.

Which one should I buy if I just wanted a car that I can grow old(ER) with.

Just an update..

Just pure in city driving for the last 3 odd months.

Traffic is taking a toll - struggling at single digit fuel efficiencies.

Seven seats works - extended family feels comfortable to join in for short drives, rather than take another vehicle or make alternate arrangements. But it also implies more pickups, drops and waiting.

Engine start-stop feature is useful, but constant crawling in 2/3 gears implies that the feature shuts off on its own after activating a few times.

Had to wade through water a couple of weeks ago, had to move the vehicle before the flood waters rose to a level which prevents the vehicle to move anywhere afterwards ( I have the 26 Jul 2005 experience). The flood water was around half wheel level, managed to get the vehicle out safely, The only loss was the front number plate which got snapped out completely and was washed away in the flood waters. I was a bit surprised, that the acrylic sheet should snap like that but later that evening two other vehicles in the building came back with the front number plate missing.
No other apparent damage.

Finally, after 4 months, I got to drive the Ertiga out of city again, and this time it was not loaded with people or luggage and did not baby the engine too.

The one thing that I came to know with no passengers to chat is the car's sound insulation is too bad. In fact, its poorer than my dad's Chevvy Beat. Road noise and other vehicles' noise whizzing past you masks the music that is being played in the car. Prospective buyers should keep this in mind.

Engine note is gruff and NVH levels are poor above ~3700 rpm. I quite like the sound it makes, but don't like the tingy vibrations that I feel on the steering when riding it hard. Definitely miss my Brio :( . I am hoping it will come down after an oil change and after 5000 kms.

Drove the car on the worst roads on the way to Alibaug, no rattles (with windows rolled up) or any part coming loose. Also, the ride quality on bumps was very good, at no point did it feel that the car was bouncing a bit more when driven sedately.

The car has not seen sunlight for last three months and has always been driven in rains. That might be the reason why the request sensor on the passenger side door is not working anymore. One point for second service due in next week.

The 1.5 petrol engine is loud and a little gruff, but it does not feel under-powered at any point of time. Maruti Suzuki has tuned the engine and gearing to get the most of torque under 4000 rpm, that helps in less gear shifts. I was able to climb the steep Khandala ghat section or the gradient before the ghat starts after Khalapur toll station (people travelling on Mumbai-Pune expressway will know this) without any drama. There was enough power to climb or overtake even on fifth gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 4649897)
One of the things i personally dislike about the new Ertiga is the poor sound insulation of the cabin.

I am looking out for some solutions too :) Maybe adding a sound deadening material under the bonnet will be a little helpful to mask engine noise ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4660051)
I am looking out for some solutions too :) Maybe adding a sound deadening material under the bonnet will be a little helpful to mask engine noise ?

I think damping the car will help. Floor/doors/firewall/underhood. But if the major source of the sound transmission into the cabin is the windows then it won't help. As Vid pointed out they have used very thin glass to save cost. That will allow outside noise to come in. Acoustic glass for windows and windscreen would be great. But i think it may be impossible to get it for the Ertiga. From the reviews i have seen till now XL6 also suffers from poor sound insulation and is exactly like Ertiga in this respect.

We got the delivery of our Ertiga VXI yesterday. As usual, Kiran Motors tried hard to sell its accessory package and extended warranty. I bought an extended warranty but denied to buy the accessory package. The Team Leader was forcing his SE to sell an accessory package of Rs.22000. A threat of sending an e-mail to MSIL to their managers settled the things and I got the delivery.

Overall, I hated the entire experience at Kiran Motors, Vadodara. MSIL should stop forcing its extended warranty and accessories package to the customer. Yes, I wrote MSIL, because I strongly feel that without MSIL's silent support the scandal of forcing additional useless accessory is not possible.

I didn't drive the car so I can't say much about driving experience. Wife drove the car home, her initial reaction was it felt more powerful than her WRV Petrol. Ziva was excited to have an entire seat for her.

I will keep posting my experience at this thread.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20191002_174547.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJM1214 (Post 4668600)
We got the delivery of our Ertiga VXI yesterday. As usual, Kiran Motors tried hard to sell its accessory package and extended warranty. I bought an extended warranty but denied to buy the accessory package. The Team Leader was forcing his SE to sell an accessory package of Rs.22000. A threat of sending an e-mail to MSIL to their managers settled the things and I got the delivery.

Overall, I hated the entire experience at Kiran Motors, Vadodara. MSIL should stop forcing its extended warranty and accessories package to the customer. Yes, I wrote MSIL, because I strongly feel that without MSIL's silent support the scandal of forcing additional useless accessory is not possible.

I didn't drive the car so I can't say much about driving experience. Wife drove the car home, her initial reaction was it felt more powerful than her WRV Petrol. Ziva was excited to have an entire seat for her.

Attachment 1919907

I recently bought a vxi cng ertiga and was put through the same accessory game,they actually denied delivery and told me to wait for the official waiting time if I did not get the accessory's which I ended up doing.The reason they gave me was that the managers scold them if they do not sell high demanded cars with accessories. It seems like an indirect payment to the company for a faster delivery. I had a very bad experience with vipul motors in sector 18 noida

I am facing a peculiar issue in my 2013 Ertiga. Slowly, one by one some of the essential sounds are shutting off. First, one of the horns went off, maybe due to rain water. It again started working after a few days.
Then the "tick-tock" sound the turn signals make has stopped working. The indicators are working fine but the sound is not there.
More recently, the single or double beep sound made while locking/unlocking with the remote key has stopped. The car gets locked or unlocked just fine, but the sound is not there.
Regarding the turn signal sound, does it come from some speaker or is it the sound of the relay itself? If it comes from a speaker, where is that speaker located? Where is the flasher relay located?
For the lock/unlock sound I tried the trick of pressing the security button 3 times and locking on the 4th press as described on a youtube video, but it did not work.
Can someone help me out with some solutions please.
Mods, request you to put this up at a suitable place in the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SachinVD (Post 4676483)
I am facing a peculiar issue in my 2013 Ertiga. Slowly, one by one some of the essential sounds are shutting off. First, one of the horns went off, maybe due to rain water. It again started working after a few days.
Can someone help me out with some solutions please.
Mods, request you to put this up at a suitable place in the forum.

As the old saying goes, All roads lead to Rome. Every symptom you describe looks like a classic case of battery needing a replacement. Has this been done before? If not, then it's the time. If yes, try to get to a mechanic and check the health of the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4676521)
As the old saying goes, All roads lead to Rome. Every symptom you describe looks like a classic case of battery needing a replacement. Has this been done before? If not, then it's the time. If yes, try to get to a mechanic and check the health of the same.

Thanks RaghuVis for your input. The battery has been replaced once, I think around 2 years back. Will check it's health.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayanttalwar (Post 4670341)
I recently bought a vxi cng ertiga and was put through the same accessory game,they actually denied delivery and told me to wait for the official waiting time if I did not get the accessory's which I ended up doing.

I had a very funny incident while getting my 2nd free service for the Ertiga. I was waiting for the Service Advisor to check on my car, suddenly, a man walked up to me and started checking my car. I assumed he is the service guy. He started asking questions like 'You havent installed bumper guards, ok', 'No reversing camera, ok, its there', 'Mats ?', I answered him patiently, thinking he was preparing a checklist to enter the details in the job card.

While he was asking me about the central locking system I informed him that the door request sensor is not working. To which he plainly replied 'Ok, we will change the entire central locking system'. I asked him again that only the door handle is not working, for that you are telling me to replace the entire system ? His answer made me lose it : 'Its like cancer, it spreads once it catches something, need to remove everything and fit new'. Then, controlling my anger, I asked him what department does he belong to, he revealed that he belonged to the accessories department and then it struck me that he was trying to sell me some stuff without asking for my permission. That guy was not even aware of the fact that zxi+ has rear camera and request sensors as default. I bluntly told him that he is wasting his own time with me and I would be glad if someone from the service department meets me. Luckily, the Service Advisor turned out to be a very knowledgeable person and wasn't offering any such horse crap so I calmed down rapidly (I was almost going to get the car out of the service center). After some time another man walked up and asked me if the car had extended warranty. I said yes, and then he left noting my car's number.

So folks, just keep in mind, these guys will try to sell something even during your service rounds.

Quote:

We had a 200km drive by Eritga fully loaded ( 7 persons on board). I must say that the 1.5 petrol engine was amazing. The engine was amazingly responsive after 1300 RPM without any lag. We drove on some of the ghat section. It tackled some of the stiff inclines very nicely. Yeah, some more gas input was needed. That is understandable for a petrol engine. On the highway, the car handled itself very nicely. The punch which I get after 2400RPM in my Brezza was missing, so had to plan before doing a quick overtake. The engine is refined with very low NVH. I mean, my daily car is a diesel so for me Ertiga was very very silent.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20191008_132527.jpg

Quote:

I bought an extended warranty but denied to buy the accessory package. The Team Leader was forcing his SE to sell an accessory package of Rs.22000. A threat of sending an e-mail to MSIL to their managers settled the things and I got the delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4676578)

So folks, just keep in mind, these guys will try to sell something even during your service rounds.

Oh, that's true,

During our Ertiga's delivery, a guy approached me and asked: " do you know what happens if you fill Diesel in a petrol car". I replied, I don't know but I "ll take care that it kind of incident doesn't happen. He started explaining by throwing technical jargon on me. In the end, I asked him, what should I do?. And he said that I must buy a 250/- petrol sticker for my petrol tank lid.:Frustrati

I didn't purchase any of the accessories from the MS showroom, so they tried to sell me at least a 250ruppie sticker. I must say these SA at MS showrooms are under tremendous pressure to sale their useless accessories.