Team-BHP - Maruti Ertiga : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Ertiga : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/206653-maruti-ertiga-official-review-7.html)

Update:

I just met my SA at the dealership, he showed me the details of my car in an application showing the car's status as 'in-transit' and the chassis number is assigned to me. So I am expecting it to be delivered next week on Holi. I liked how Maruti has been giving out information this time around.
Important news: No price hike has been applied to the car. Its the same as the one when we booked.

I discussed accessories with him and he told me some interesting things:
1. Alloy wheels: Not sure in which shade they will come (silver or dark grey as mentioned in some posts earlier). He said I can get the alloy wheels painted black at their workshop, that would be cheaper than trading the silver alloy wheels that come as default against buying the black ones (Said max I could get is around 7000 Rs reduced from the total cost of 22000 INR). He is going to provide me the details of the paint cost soon. If its good, I think I will paint it black, should look good on White car.

2. Rear Spoiler: Looks good but costs 5000 + paint + labour = 8000 :Shockked.

I asked him to please include the labour costs + paint on the website too, that's way too much in my opinion. I was not ready to splurge but my wife convinced me I should get it, if I get the wheels painted :)
That along with completely black side mouldings (no chrome) on the doors should break the monotony of white color.

3. I and my better half loved a particular set of seat covers which are very good to look at and feel good as well. Will cost 11000 with labour. The images on computer don't really do any justice to the covers. Better to have a look physically. Rubber mats are standard fare.

The good part is while they are not budging on the car's price, we can haggle on all of the above points to get the best deal, so I am going to take my trump card (read: wife) again while doing the payment in the next few days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4557318)
Update:I just met my SA at the dealership, The good part is while they are not budging on the car's price, we can haggle on all of the above points to get the best deal, so I am going to take my trump card (read: wife) again while doing the payment in the next few days.

First of all , a big congrats on the car clap:. May I ask when you booked the vehicle and if they have asked you to pay the entire amount. Regarding the accessories , all cars manufactured from Jan 2019 gets the gun metal alloys. Its not black but more grey. Spoiler is a definite aesthetic improvement. It really transforms the look of the car especially from the side profile. I suggest you go for it. The prices quoted to you seems on par with what others have mentioned. 8000 rs. for the spoiler , 11000 for the seat-covers. The interior styling kit is also a nice touch . Its maple wood for all the armrests which looks nice and breaks the monotony of beige especially for the second and third row. Only downside being that its a little pricey at 8000 rs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS Kwt (Post 4557183)
[center]
[b]ScoopThis could be the Nexa version of Ertiga in India.
Source

Nice catch. This version might come with the LED light bars at the rear. If so maybe we can buy it off Nexa and use it on the regular ertiga. The ground clearance might take a hit with that bodykit.

Very comprehensive review indeed. I own an Ertiga and I am annoyed with people constantly telling me how I could have shelled out more money and gone for a Creta or Brezaa or bla bla bla. Mine is CNG and is super economical. I go from Mumbai to Nasik in one CNG tank which for a family of three is cheaper than a stat transport bus

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4557511)
First of all , a big congrats on the car clap:. May I ask when you booked the vehicle and if they have asked you to pay the entire amount.

Thanks for your wishes :) !
I booked the car on 14th December evening, I got the confirmation of booking SMS on 15th December. The SA has asked me to pay the entire amount as soon as possible, he said the car won't proceed for registration till we pay. But I have told him that I will wait till the car reaches stockyard safely (which is expected to reach on 15th or 16th: Thursday or Friday). He has assured me that till the time the car is with them, any damage will be taken care of by the dealer. He offered me to look at the car at the stockyard but I don't think I will get the time, plus its a little too far.

Thanks for telling me about the color of alloys, I am going to cancel my plans to paint the wheels. I was a bit confused why the interior finishing thingy costs 8000 INR, he was not able to show the same physically too so dropped the idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4555416)
My Crm has a detailed excel on number of bookings with colour and variant specifications. Based on that i was the second person to book the magma grey zxi+ back in feb

Looks like this also is a standard script and tactic. I was also showed a list "unofficially" since I was a "special" customer :D

Congratulations on getting confirmation! Mine is still hanging in air. Hoping against hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiInJa (Post 4557739)
Thanks for your wishes :) !
I booked the car on 14th December evening
Thanks for telling me about the color of alloys, I am going to cancel my plans to paint the wheels. I was a bit confused why the interior finishing thingy costs 8000 INR, he was not able to show the same physically too so dropped the idea.

You can check the accessories video on Youtube for the new ertiga to get an idea of the interior styling kit. It comes as 6 pieces, 3 on either side for all the armrests. Hope this pic helps. It looks even better on the second and third row.

Ertiga GT version, looks really cool. I hope this car will make to India as is with some better engine options than existing engine options. Looks really smashing. I would love to buy this one. Find more details -

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...res-out-411823

Now the base petrol variant may also go off the shelf and as per the article this may speed up deliveries of the mid and top level variants.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/m...-discontinued/

Spotted this Swift with additional brake lights in C-pillar, I am sure something like this might be already available or would be available soon for the Ertiga also. This would surely uplift the aesthetic appeal of the derriere of Ertiga during night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich_heart (Post 4557814)
Looks like this also is a standard script and tactic. I was also showed a list "unofficially" since I was a "special" customer :D
Congratulations on getting confirmation! Mine is still hanging in air. Hoping against hope.

By the 27th , It will be a whole 3 months since I booked the new ertiga. Still i dont have a dispatch date . Sometimes I get restless and think that I should just go with the Marazzo. The lack of boot space and the bulk will definitely be regretted later on. Luckily, I haven't sold my present vehicle so the dependency isn't that much.

Suzuki Ertiga Black Edition available in Indonesia.

Ertiga Sport made its appearance in 2018,
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-01.jpg

Interiors of the same is expected to be carried over to the Suzuki Ertiga Sport.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-3.jpg

Link

Wow, I hope the Nexa edition is with black interiors! The old black interior Limited Edition too looked very good as compared to regular beige edition.

Can't edit the above post, but here are more photos of the black edition.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-...-a962-20190312

A good car, but not a great one. IMO, Maruti could have done better. There are too many dealbreakers for me (beige-washed interiors, no top-end AT, antiquated diesel :Frustrati , 4-speed auto in 2019).
A key market to upgrade will be the current Ertiga owners. They will be pleased with the interiors, equipment, looks and efficiency. If you want the petrol, it’s a no-brainier. But if you want the diesel, it’s the Marazzo all the way! Hope the upcoming motor is good.

Honestly, I don't understand why people are upset with the 4-speed auto transmission of the Ertiga/Ciaz. A 5 or 6-speed auto will obviously better in terms of fuel efficiency and acceleration, but is the current transmission so bad on its own? Have these people ever test driven the car, or are they just reiterating what other people have said on Youtube and on other forums?

Suzuki has chosen this 4AT for a reason. First, economies of scale. This transmission is also being used in other Asian markets like Indonesia in cars like Baleno, Ertiga, etc. Even the older generation Indian Ciaz had it. Second, the gear ratios are very well chosen. Its 4th gear is taller than 5MT's (see image). So, 4AT cruises better. I will not be surprised if it gives better highway FE too. Third, pricing. Suzuki priced the AT versions so well that I don't miss a higher priced 5AT/6AT. And lastly, I feel a 4AT is not as "antiquated" as people say it is. For instance, Toyota sold their Corolla, Camry and RAV4 in international markets with 4ATs till 2012/2013 before moving on to CVTs/6ATs.

https://www.suzuki.co.id/automobile/all-new-ertiga
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-screen-shot-20190314-9.14.58-am.png

If I were in the market for a 10-lakh rupee automatic, the Ertiga AT will be a top contender.