Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/208487-mahindra-xuv300-official-review-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveear (Post 4587699)
After a lot of discussion with the loan manager, he agreed to remove the “mandatory” GPS and wanted us to pay 6,700 by cheque. Later on, the executive said 5,500 will be deducted from the final loan amount and we will have to pay the balance to the dealer. But the EMI will be considered for full 5 lacs amount.

I dont mind paying processing charges separately but deducting the same from final amount is incorrect. And, forcing the other insurance products by calling it mandatory is nothing less than cheating the customer.

Needless to say, I’m not going ahead with HDFC.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

I am also on HDFC car loan, a total loan of 9 lacs, they deducted processing charges from loan amount and EMI was considered for full 9 lacs. I did not notice this until months after taking the loan :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 (Post 4587717)
I am also on HDFC car loan, a total loan of 9 lacs, they deducted processing charges from loan amount and EMI was considered for full 9 lacs. I did not notice this until months after taking the loan :deadhorse

I checked with another guy on FB in Mahindra XUV 300 group ,based in Delhi. He said, he paid processing charges of 3,900 separately and no such "mandatory" stuff was forced on him.

They requested but definitely not forced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveear (Post 4587699)
I had booked XUV 300 W6 Diesel in Bangalore- India Garage Palace cross road but booking on hold due to HDFC

Bad experience with HDFC bank-

Our loan was approved and I was about to sign the papers today. But I didnot go ahead as there were lot of hidden charges which were informed right before signing the loan papers and I felt cheated as a customer.

The 2 products. GPS and suraksha insurance was forced to us saying it is mandatory at the beginning. And the final loan amount was inflated to 5.26 lacs instead of 5 lacs as agreed per approval letter.

After a lot of discussion with the loan manager, he agreed to remove the "mandatory" GPS and wanted us to pay 6,700 by cheque. Later on, the executive said 5,500 will be deducted from the final loan amount and we will have to pay the balance to the dealer. But the EMI will be considered for full 5 lacs amount.

I dont mind paying processing charges separately but deducting the same from final amount is incorrect. And, forcing the other insurance products by calling it mandatory is nothing less than cheating the customer.

Needless to say, I'm not going ahead with HDFC.

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Question -

1) HDFC loan was it discussed before booking the car ?

2) The sales executive is he the one who is stationed at the dealer ?

You can cancel the booking if they are adamant, I am sure dealer staff would not let go of a booking because of the loan upsell.

Alternatively you should look at other options Axis, ICICI etc.

However now a days every one wants to sell you a little more than what you need.

These are upsells which are linked to higher incentives.

Sales guys perception if people are buying cars above 5 lakhs plus won't bother about a few thousands which generally goes unnoticed as people are happier while purchasing.

I would suggest go to the Branch which this loan officer / executive belongs to and have a word with manager.

They should put things straight. If you have decide not to go ahead with HDFC still you could do this as this might result into a lesson for sales executive or reduced pressure by his manager.

Got a call today from Mahindra for service action.

It seems that a part called Vent assembly tube has to be replaced for both left and right headlamps.

The reason for replacement is not known yet. If anyone has more on it, please enlighten.

Apart from this, feeling good about the built quality of the car. A two wheeler banged the car in the rear in the morning. Rider and the pillion fell on the road. No injuries to anybody. The impact was of decent intensity. I am sure if it was my s-cross, the bumper would have needed a replacement.

Check out the attached picture of the actually damage. Thanks Mahindra for a great built quality.

See if you can spot the damage...😝

Quote:

Originally Posted by @viral (Post 4588980)
Got a call today from Mahindra for service action.

It seems that a part called Vent assembly tube has to be replaced for both left and right headlamps.

The reason for replacement is not known yet. If anyone has more on it, please enlighten.

This is new. The 'recall' as they termed it was for a bolt replacement from the front suspension set. One that was causing the intermittent clattering sound when the vehicle went over certain types of broken tarmac.

Will check my SA in Bangalore and update. My vehicle is due for a check up for something minor next week.

As usual, a great review with comprehensive coverage of every aspect of a competent product. Here what I observed after the TD (petrol):

- Front end, rear three quarters looks stunning but the side profile is quirky (sub 4 m statute).
- Great build quality with tons of features however there is a scope for improvement, especially with the W6 variant.
- Small boot from our perspective and the family requirements.
- City driveability is decent but not great.
- Handling is good but lacks the sheer poise of Ecosport.
-Steering is mediocre even with all these three modes.
-Excellent braking but takes time getting used to especially with that spongy feeling.

Net net: it will be the Ecosport for me till the Venue is evaluated by TBhp.
With XUV 300 Mahindra has upped the ante and our expectations. Hopefully M&M will adjust the pricing specifically for the W6 variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodophile (Post 4589009)

This is new. The 'recall' as they termed it was for a bolt replacement from the front suspension set. One that was causing the intermittent clattering sound when the vehicle went over certain types of broken tarmac.

Will check my SA in Bangalore and update. My vehicle is due for a check up for something minor next week.

Got the service action done today. They replaced the sealing corks with U shaped rubber pipes in both headlamps to allow ventilation.

Photograph of sealing corks attached.

My uncle has gone ahead with the booking for an XUV300 W8 variant. After reading the reviews here I found that there was some problem with the rear suspension on the test car. I asked the sales advisor about it and she didn't have a clear answer and asked me to give her a days time to get back to my query.
Now my question to the people who have purchased the car is, how can I check if the car that will be allotted to my uncle is not from the affected batch/ or has the faulty suspension? Was there a recall or an official statement by M&M for the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak (Post 4587914)
Question -

I would suggest go to the Branch which this loan officer / executive belongs to and have a word with manager.

They should put things straight. If you have decide not to go ahead with HDFC still you could do this as this might result into a lesson for sales executive or reduced pressure by his manager.

The issue was settled post escalation but they wasted my two days(intermittently) to sort this out.

The vehicle will be delivered tomorrow, will post my initial ownership review soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis_vaz (Post 4591511)
My uncle has gone ahead with the booking for an XUV300 W8 variant. After reading the reviews here I found that there was some problem with the rear suspension on the test car. I asked the sales advisor about it and she didn't have a clear answer and asked me to give her a days time to get back to my query.
Now my question to the people who have purchased the car is, how can I check if the car that will be allotted to my uncle is not from the affected batch/ or has the faulty suspension? Was there a recall or an official statement by M&M for the same?

From what I am aware of, the rear suspension issue was with only a handful of cars from the K2A series in the VIN. Also, I believe these were part of the January 2019 batch (as told by the SA) - I could be marginally wrong here, as we are privy to only carefully crafted answers by the SA. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis_vaz (Post 4591511)
I asked the sales advisor about it and she didn't have a clear answer and asked me to give her a days time to get back to my query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodophile (Post 4592256)
From what I am aware of, the rear suspension issue was with only a handful of cars from the K2A series in the VIN. Also, I believe these were part of the January 2019 batch (as told by the SA) - I could be marginally wrong here, as we are privy to only carefully crafted answers by the SA. Hope this helps.

The SA got back to my query. She said the problem has been solved. She said the affected cars were the one's that were manufactured in January and February. The cars affected by the problem were mostly demo and media cars.

I am starting to spot a few XUV300s in Cochin these days, the car looks impressively large thanks to its noticeable width and as a result has great presence on the road. In fact, at first glance, I mistook it for a white Hyundai and only then realized its the Mahindra. It definitely needs an automatic in this crowded market. This is one car that should do well for itself in Kerala in the coming days!

Quote:

Check out the attached picture of the actually damage. Thanks Mahindra for a great built quality.

I am not able to see the photo...am I missing something? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarStruck (Post 4593561)
I am not able to see the photo...am I missing something? stupid:

No you are not, but the post is. I think the accident has caused him memory loss as he forgot to attach the image lol:

Quote:

Excuse the sarcasm. Please attach the image for us to spot the damage :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @viral (Post 4591083)
Photograph of sealing corks attached.

The attachment is missed here too, unless I missed something lol: