Team-BHP - Tata Harrier : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Harrier : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209281-tata-harrier-official-review-62.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by imp! (Post 4749445)
So far the biggest let down is lack of a 4x4 option. I'm not sure how long I can wait to change my car, but I need to do an extended test drive of one of these before deciding. The lack of 4x4 may be a deal breaker though.

Tiguan is offering discounts around 8L I hear. May be worth talking to them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4750663)

That’s for the BS4 demo car, which will be around 2 years old and abused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihrishi (Post 4750663)

There are many on the forum who are frustrated with the stiff ride of the Tiguan on our pathetic road conditions. Something that must be considered well before finalizing this car. Others in the price bracket are giving a markedly cushier and comfier ride than the Tiguan.

Saw this test mule of the Harrier in my home town (Belagavi). Don't think this is the AT version going by the alloy design. May be an updated version of the MT model is in works which will be free of the known niggles of the Ver. 1??

Also, don't know why this test mule is in Belagavi. For component testing? But, why will the vehicle be required to be here for that?

Or.. may be to fine tune the suspension in the "City under construction".. :D

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20200213_1418302.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20200213_1418392.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20200213_1418562.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-20200213_1418192.jpg

Nice catch, @Five46 !
Quote:

Originally Posted by five46 (Post 4750764)
Also, don't know why this test mule is in Belagavi. For component testing? But, why will the vehicle be required to be here for that?

Being spotted in the interior of the city .. if it were the highway or even heading from Goa / Londa side towards MH, I would have said that may be heading back to Pimpri. If on the highway, then may be going from the Garag plant back home to Pimpri.

Btw,
Has anyone noticed the first two pics ? There don't seem to be exhausts outlets in the position that the BS4 Harrier had. Or have these been moved to behind the rear bumper & facing downward ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by five46 (Post 4750764)
Or.. may be to fine tune the suspension in the "City under construction".. :D

Some of my close family members were the chief test driver's for reputed brand, and one of the test is they are required to complete certain tests and certain kms in a day in normal conditions. It doesn't matter where you go, how you go or which roads you use. This is required to simulate close to real driving scenario's. My family members would take a chance to visit their relatives in these situations. This can be such a case.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4750996)
Nice catch, @Five46 !

Btw,
Has anyone noticed the first two pics ? There don't seem to be exhausts outlets in the position that the BS4 Harrier had. Or have these been moved to behind the rear bumper & facing downward ?

OR, could this actually be a test mule for a Harrier EV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4750996)

BS6 exhaust routing has to be fully changed to make room for the SCR+DPF+urea tank.

I am eagerly waiting to see the BS6 variant of the Harrier. Though I never really thought that I would ever bother about a sunroof in a car, after sitting in a Merc E350, I am hooked to the idea of the panoramic sunroof. None of the videos actually show the sunroof completely open. We might have to wait for a TeamBHP review or for the youtube bloggers to get a look at it. At the Auto expo too, no one seems to have got a chance to open it. Would anyone on the forum know about this?

Tata Motors has a video with Pratap Bose showcasing open sunroof on Youtube

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja484 (Post 4752951)
None of the videos actually show the sunroof completely open.

Check this post by Ram87pune:

... the sun-roof opens only half-way. Cant /wont open in full. But even this will allow it to open sufficiently wide. Also once it opens, an air-deflector comes up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nithesh_M (Post 4753100)
Tata Motors has a video with Pratap Bose showcasing open sunroof on Youtube

This is the one.
https://youtu.be/HN-8KpLqoF0

A heads up from a source: Billing for the BS6 Harrier will start only from April 2020 onwards.

Update on my booking - the dealer has said there won't be any commitment from his side regarding my delivery in April itself. (This, despite mine being the first booking at the dealership.)
Seems like he is still smarting from his self-inflicted wounds from my Nexon case, and the grudge against me is still very much there.
Talked to Tata Customer Care, and they said that deliveries are as per dealer's choices and they (Tata) are responsible for dispatches only.

I shall hold on to my booking till April-end. If the dealer is intent on holding his grudge, I shall move elsewhere.

The updated Harrier had made me forget my bitter Tata experiences for a bit. But it seems like it will all again end up as a repeat. Anyway, I shall take a call on this by April.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor

You're referring to the dummy outlets right? The actual exhaust was downward facing anyway in the BS4 version. I guess they've just taped them off as well; a small bit is probably peeking in first pic.

Attaching the actual pics of the rear end as well, from the official review for reference.

Completing first anniversary of my ownership of Harrier. :)
Workshop informs me an estimated service cost of ~14.5k for first year service.

Sounds high but not sure. Can anyone share her/his experience of first year service charges.

Thanks