Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2023, 14:55   #271
FNM
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Kona : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
So the Mumbai Hyundai dealers tell me the Kona is no longer in production. That’s a pity. Will have to wait until next year for the next-gen Kona.
UPDATE: Mumbai dealers have now started delivering Kona vehicles again. Waiting period is two months.
Old 18th June 2023, 01:18   #272
BHPian

After driving Kona for 6000 kms, I am facing a peculiar issue, whenever I connect for charging, it sometimes stops automatically after few minutes. Any help or experience from fellow ev / Kona owners.
Old 18th June 2023, 08:57   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelRP View Post
After driving Kona for 6000 kms, I am facing a peculiar issue, whenever I connect for charging, it sometimes stops automatically after few minutes. Any help or experience from fellow ev / Kona owners.
Sounds like BMS issue (Battery Management Software).
Also, what are the outside temperatures? I see you are from Ahmedabad? Isn't it very VERY hot there? If so, it could be due to temperatures.

Why don't you show it to the workshop & get it checked?
Old 18th June 2023, 11:41   #274
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Vehicle is in the Hyundai workshop at present. There was a delay cut due to over voltage and they rewrote the error with scan. However , the problem persists and though this city has temp more than 40 sometimes, but such problems have not been reported in other vehicle. Workshop is troubleshooting with connectors, issues at charging socket but still no leads. Any other reasons, please let me know.
Old 19th June 2023, 08:57   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelRP View Post
Sometimes if u connect the charger for ac charging with the lower flap in often the charging may stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_4841.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 19th June 2023 at 08:58.
Old 19th June 2023, 08:59   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Sometimes if u connect the charger for ac charging with the lower flap in often the charging may stop.
When I had my vehicle, I always charged with the lower flap in place when charging at home. I never had this issue.
Old 19th June 2023, 13:35   #277
BHPian

I don’t think lower flap being open or close could be an issues as it is only required while DC charging. Workshop is saying that there was a loose connection in the dashboard which may be the fuses or else I am yet to understand. Thanks for comments. Hope our sharing of problems will make the EV fraternity more aware of issues , if at all it comes up.
Old 30th July 2023, 12:21   #278
BHPian

Got this charging break issue sorted out. It was just a loose wire connection which was fixed by Hyundai. No issues now and using it trouble free now. I appreciate Hyundai service response at Ahmedabad and their efforts. Happy motoring to all! Kona is awesome for me.
sheelRP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 19:57   #279
BHPian

Has anyone got window rain guard's/rain visor's fitted for Kona?
The dealership here in Kerala said cannot be sourced. Is it same for across all Hyundai dealers?

Has anyone thought about this or tried for this?
Old 10th November 2023, 16:14   #280

Thanks fellow BHPians for unbiased inputs on this thread. Thanks @EV_Fan for timely details on various threads which affirmed my views after test drive and research. Normally I enjoy driving a car in most efficient way possible with occasional spirited driving. I believe Kona will be fun to use regenerative breaking with paddle shifters to satisfy driving pleasure. Booked Hyundai Kona Black, waiting to take delivery. As per dealer all Black Konas are July manufactured as kits for black colour were imported in July. Since demand for black is less and kits are still available, we can expect July VIN but invoiced to dealer in Sep or Oct. Red and white colours are available with Sep VIN numbers. I can wait for Oct or Nov manufactured black colour as I am not in hurry. But as per dealer even if we wait, new lot will also have July VIN numbers for black colour. Can we believe this? Is it ok to proceed with July month VIN?
evtdtorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 23:43   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evtdtorque View Post
Thanks fellow BHPians for unbiased inputs on this thread.
Hey man. If you don’t mind, what’s the asking price for the Kona now? Are there any offers currently running on it?

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2023 at 00:03.
Old 13th November 2023, 09:59   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Hey man. If you don’t mind, what’s the asking price for the Kona now? Are there any offers currently running on it?
Don't want to quote exact figures in public forum, but with year end discounts I felt it completely worth compared to Tata Nexon EV and MG ZS EV. DM me if you need more info. I haven't negotiated multiple times also, spent only 1 hour overall in showroom and gave message that I am really serious buyer.
evtdtorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 22:35   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Don't want to quote exact figures in public forum, but with year end discounts I felt it completely worth compared to Tata Nexon EV and MG ZS EV. DM me if you need more info. I haven't negotiated multiple times also, spent only 1 hour overall in showroom and gave message that I am really serious buyer.
Can you DM me then? I guess I can’t DM you yet, neither can I email you as that seems to be blocked from your end.
Old 14th November 2023, 07:24   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But as per dealer even if we wait, new lot will also have July VIN numbers for black colour. Can we believe this? Is it ok to proceed with July month VIN?
Yes, its perfectly fine to buy a July manufactured car in November. Depending upon the model, manufacturer, demand and supply, inventory pile up is normal and thats the reason why you are getting a good discount.

Wishing you a happy ownership experience
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 12:24   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Can you DM me then? I guess I can’t DM you yet, neither can I email you as that seems to be blocked from your end.
Haven't blocked from my side. Being a newbie some restrictions for my handle I believe. You can whatsapp me on 9900582218.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks