Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2022, 11:09   #526
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Heard that BMW is planning to hike prices by 2.4%. Enquired for 330i M sport at EVM Autokraft Cochin. Heard from them that the price of 3GL has also significantly increased to 74L OTR Cochin.

I have to have validation of these prices since the sales team is not ready to give a quote. I have been behind one guy to get the quote for 360 plan and prices for 330i M sport and 330 GL M sport, but he says that the server is down and will revert to me soon. This is in spite of my messaging him daily for the past few days. They do have these models in stock.

Either the dealership wants the prices to be hiked and then release the quote or there is something fishy going on. I ve not had this much lethargy from any other vehicle dealership including Audi.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 13:28   #527
BHPian

Second week after getting the delivery and I discover that side bolsters dont work. It just inflates the bolsters but does not deflate it. Anyone knows how to fix it? Less than 100 KM driven and I see cracks on my seats!

techbro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 14:17   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Heard that BMW is planning to hike prices by 2.4%. Enquired for 330i M sport at EVM Autokraft Cochin.

Either the dealership wants the prices to be hiked and then release the quote or there is something fishy going on. I ve not had this much lethargy from any other vehicle dealership including Audi.
Unlikely now. BMW hikes or updates prices only once every quarter. So the last update should have been effective October 1. Next update would only be in January 2023.

The LCI is also due sometime in 2023.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 07:08   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

LCI reviews starting to come in:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/3-...es-2022-review
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 20:35   #530
BHPian

I am quite confused about going for the last few stock cars of the 330i G20 pre-LCI. Only white cars are available and not much is available as discounts akin to pre covid era. LCI would have shocking prices I presume, and it won't be out before mid-2023.
Old 5th December 2022, 00:10   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
From the international reviews, it looks to me like the LCI will be a bit of love-hate. The M5-like front bumper is super aggressive. The trademark BMW gear selector that falls so nicely in hand is gone, sacrilegiously replaced by a slider switch like in a toy car! We are all so used to and love pushing that knob left to get into blissful sport/manual mode/. The biggest change that is going to polarize opinions like the Grand Canyon, is that massive curved single piece dual screen. This can look very appealing or very crude, depending on where you are seeing it from. From the driver’s viewpoint it looks nice indeed, wrapping around the driver so well. From a front passenger’s viewpoint it is pretty bad as it looks like an afterthought, stuck on in a makeshift way into a legacy dash design, instead of being designed in organically. Plus it must be hard for the passenger to see or operate the infotainment given it is curving away from them.

What I like most is the mild hybrid tech, which apparently gives a 10 hp boost at start, and should improve efficiency a little bit. But it is a pity they did not make any other mechanical changes, such as better steering calibration, slight increase in ride height for India without any major compromises on handling (especially considering the scary bottom scraping issues in our country and this is an X-Drive after all) or a minor power boost to the Diesel 320D which has been static at 190HP/400NM for 8 years now!
Old 10th December 2022, 11:00   #532
BHPian

No Android/Apple auto in iDrive7

Hi, my G20 330i does not have Android auto or Apple carplay in it. I missed checking the same at the time of purchase (bought in resale) and assumed that this basic feature would be there. When I connect my phone via bluetooth, my Android phone shows looking for Android auto, but the car won’t do anything.

I checked with BMW service center and they told me that since the navigation button is not there, it is not possible to have this feature. The only way to get this is to change the entire thing which will cost 5-10 lakhs.

I am quite confused about this whole thing. How can a BMW G20 car sold in Jan 2021 now have this? How is it possible that iDrive7 does not have it? Is there any way I can get this feature by any plug and play method? Could a software change unlock this feature or is it not achievable due to absence of hardware? I miss it most for checking the traffic.

Last edited by manish84 : 10th December 2022 at 11:03.
Old 10th December 2022, 16:32   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I am quite confused about going for the last few stock cars of the 330i G20 pre-LCI. Only white cars are available and not much is available as discounts akin to pre covid era. LCI would have shocking prices I presume, and it won't be out before mid-2023.
LCI price hikes may not be that high. The M340i XDrive is the first G20 LCI model and was launched today. The price increase is only 30K compared to the pre-LCI 50 Jahre edition that was on sale (69.2 lakhs versus 68.9 lakhs)

LCI is total VFM. The new massive curved display, and 48 volt mild hybrid tech are great new feature additions. In the M340i, the mild hybrid tech has increased tested mileage by nearly 10% (13.02 kpl versus 11.89 kpl), which is huge considering cost OFM Petrol and range for the petrol cars. One thing many will miss is the gear shift lever, now replaced with just a gear select slider.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th December 2022 at 16:33.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 08:28   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: No Android/Apple auto in iDrive7

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Hi, my G20 330i does not have Android auto or Apple carplay in it.
The only way to get this is to change the entire thing which will cost 5-10 lakhs.
Hi, suggest you ask BMW Service for a formal quotation including comprehensive details of exactly what components are required and the installed cost of those. They may charge you ~3K, but at least you will then know what is missing. Your pre-owned 330i Sport was among the earliest of the iD7 versions, and hence probably lacks the in-built hardware that later ones came with.

The other alternative is to spend ~70K and fit the Bimmertech box like helterskelter has done: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...eries-g20.html (Added Apple CarPlay with Bimmertech MMI to my BMW 3-Series (G20))
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 21:45   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, suggest you ask BMW Service for a formal quotation including comprehensive details of exactly what components are required and the installed cost of those. They may charge you ~3K, but at least you will then know what is missing. Your pre-owned 330i Sport was among the earliest of the iD7 versions, and hence probably lacks the in-built hardware that later ones came with.

The other alternative is to spend ~70K and fit the Bimmertech box like helterskelter has done: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...eries-g20.html (Added Apple CarPlay with Bimmertech MMI to my BMW 3-Series (G20))

Another way which is available now is to change the entire headunit which is available for around 1500 dollars on bimmertech. Spending more than that as BMW guys mentioned is nonsense. They basically have Zero idea and simply not interested in value addition to sold cars half the time. I checked with my VIN and it’s compatible. It’s basically the same headunit currently in the Sport version but with WIFI and CarPlay. The MMI prime does the job quite well for around half of that amount.
helterskelter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 23:29   #536
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with BMW service center and they told me that since the navigation button is not there, it is not possible to have this feature. The only way to get this is to change the entire thing which will cost 5-10 lakhs.
My service advisor gave me a verbal quote of 1.8L to change the entire unit. While he didn't give the quote to me in writing given I wasn't interested in spending so much.

Have made my peace with an Uber like mobile holder. It kills the entire luxury appeal but works like a charm. And the driving pleasure of the 330i more than makes up for it
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 23:43   #537
BANNED

Quote:
Hi, my G20 330i does not have Android auto or Apple carplay in it. I missed checking the same at the time of purchase (bought in resale) and assumed that this basic feature would be there. When I connect my phone via bluetooth, my Android phone shows looking for Android auto, but the car won’t do anything.

I am quite confused about this whole thing. How can a BMW G20 car sold in Jan 2021 now have this? How is it possible that iDrive7 does not have it? Is there any way I can get this feature by any plug and play method? Could a software change unlock this feature or is it not achievable due to absence of hardware? I miss it most for checking the traffic.
If your car does have the iDrive 7, it should be possible to activate Android auto and Carplay. iDrive 6 sporting cars couldn't get it via software activation, you should look at coding options beyond the bmw asc.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 09:49   #538
BHPian

Thanks for the responses. I got 3 different fixes for this missing feature.

Quote:
Will explore more on this. This one looks the most value for money. However, for now this is not in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Another way which is available now is to change the entire headunit which is available for around 1500 dollars on bimmertech.
This I would prefer over MMI tech as it is an integrated solution. From what I read above, MMI Prime either overtakes the whole display or gives up the whole display to native BMW. Will check on this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
My service advisor gave me a verbal quote of 1.8L to change the entire unit. While he didn't give the quote to me in writing given I wasn't interested in spending so much.
Have made my peace with an Uber like mobile holder. It kills the entire luxury appeal but works like a charm. And the driving pleasure of the 330i more than makes up for it
I think my SA was talking about replacing everything including the odometer display and all. Since it was in lakhs anyway, I did not bother to get into nitty gritty of it. I am planning to buy this https://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Holder-Kickstand-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B01CKB4WTQ/ and paste the car counterpart on the right side triangle of display which is blacked out. Will try this and post a pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
If your car does have the iDrive 7, it should be possible to activate Android auto and Carplay. iDrive 6 sporting cars couldn't get it via software activation, you should look at coding options beyond the bmw asc.
Yes would try my hands at this if only someone can confirm that hardware is not a limitation. Will discuss the situation with more shops to figure a solution.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 00:57   #539

Hey Abhinit, I'd like to know about the discounts too.

Contemplating a purchase of a 2020 msport from an acquaintance. 25k km done for 46L. I know there's a hefty premium but it's better than going into the market for a new Li.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinit View Post
Will message you.

Only Mocha interiors available currently for 330i. I have cognac for my X5 and ir definitely looks better.

Planning for put ppf. PPF has served me well in past.
Old 30th December 2022, 01:53   #540
BHPian

Anyone here knows how to make the headlights brighter on G20 330i M? I cant see much when there is oncoming traffic with the current settings. Any knob or button that makes it brighter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks