Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 16:19   #766

I took my car to the VW service center and they told me that the sensors can't be disabled. They did lower the volume of the sensor but could neither disable them nor change how early I want them to beep. They also said the emergency braking is a safety feature and can't be disabled.

It will be great if you could explain how these can be done.

And regarding the warning that comes at random times, they are saying that they are expecting a software update to come which will disable this feature. I will post it here if and when it comes.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th February 2024 at 16:24. Reason: back to back posts merged
genghis_on_road is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 17:47   #767

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Hi all, went in for the six month check up of my 2023 OBD2 Tiguan today and while the rest was normal stuff, came to know there was a software update which was installed. On enquiring was told it was for the AC but no more info was given and on my drive back home I did not notice any difference in menu or performance in general. Would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this.
Old 3rd March 2024, 15:50   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghis_on_road View Post
I bought the VW Tiguan Allspace in March of 2021. Since then I have clocked over 30,000 km, driving in Bangalore city as well as road trips around Bangalore. I have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car but my experience has been marred by the persistent issues
I bought an Allspace in the same month. My car was manufactured in 2019 - and I had to sign a waiver stating that while I will get a 6 year extended warranty, I am aware that this car has been stored for over a year and there could be some issues because of that.

Quote:
The day the car was delivered to me, the battery died. Volkswagen changed the battery at no cost but it set the tone for what was to follow. The batteries in the keys also died in the first year and had to be replaced. The wipers also needed to be replaced after 2 years. All of these lead me to believe the car was stored for a long time before selling.
We have had our battery replaced too - albeit more than a year after we got the car. And this is despite this car being used heavily - this car has already done over 35,000 km despite running having dropped over the last 3 months after we got an Ioniq 5. And yes the batteries on the key fobs have each failed more than once, perhaps even thrice. Wipers have been replaced too - but I do that once a year in any case given the Bombay monsoons.

Quote:
I had an accident and needed to get the front bumper and a few other parts replaced. These parts were not available and it took a month to get them from elsewhere.
That is a potential issue with all CBU and CKD cars in India. And obviously a bigger problem for cars that are imported. Our windscreen developed a small crack due to a stone hitting it. Took about 2-3 weeks to replace but they allowed us to use the car in the interim.

Quote:

Imagine stopping at a red light in India. Inevitably a two-wheeler will stop right next to you and because it is too close, the ADAS alarms will go off. There should be a way to turn this off when you are in heavy traffic.

There is an auto-brake feature in the car which is a great safety feature. It will brake the car if it feels you are going to slam into something in the front.
We were able to disable the general proximity sensors in our car. As also the lane keep assist. The only feature that cannot be disabled is the automatic emergency braking - which I would rather have than now have.

Quote:
When you do get a problem, both spare parts and technical competence seem to be in short supply.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Battery dying on a new car is unusual. My Tiguan Allspace is 3 years (4 years if you take the manufacturing year) and has done 20k and I haven't faced any issues.

I find the beeping sensors to be useful. You can choose how early you want them to beep or even disable them altogether.
Simillarly, you can disable the emergency braking feature.

In my view, except the battery dying immediately after buying, all others are normal and expected.
Have not figured how to disable the emergency braking.
Old 3rd March 2024, 20:42   #769
BHPian

Dear All,

Today visited VW Gurugram at Golf Course Road to check on Tiguan for my wife.

She is satisfied with the TD, which was pretty long as well as excellent Sales rep behavior.

Colors readily available: Nightshade blue & Dolphin grey.
Other colors can be arranged in 15 – 25 days, (her choice will be Nightshade blue).

MY 2024 cars, on road price at Gurugram = 41.52 Lakh, only 75,000/- discount will be given on it.

MY 2023 cars (Nov-Dec ’23) = On road after all discounts is 36.27 Lakh. Discounts in: Insurance (1.0L), corporate (1.0L), 4-year service package (85,999) & cash discounts. Can’t avail exchange bonus (75K), as I am not exchanging any cars with them.

All cars are now OBD-2.

This car, will be retain with us for at least next 10 years, and I don’t want to increase my budget (in fact I want to be with-in 35 Lakh). Above was first rounds of talks after the TD and we did not push further, but kept the door open.

Appreciate your valued inputs if any.

Brdgs
Sail
Old 4th March 2024, 19:29   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear All,

Today visited VW Gurugram at Golf Course Road to check on Tiguan for my wife.

She is satisfied with the TD, which was pretty long as well as excellent Sales rep behavior.

Colors readily available: Nightshade blue & Dolphin grey.
Other colors can be arranged in 15 – 25 days, (her choice will be Nightshade blue).

MY 2024 cars, on road price at Gurugram = 41.52 Lakh, only 75,000/- discount will be given on it.

MY 2023 cars (Nov-Dec ’23) = On road after all discounts is 36.27 Lakh. Discounts in: Insurance (1.0L), corporate (1.0L), 4-year service package (85,999) & cash discounts. Can’t avail exchange bonus (75K), as I am not exchanging any cars with them.

All cars are now OBD-2.

This car, will be retain with us for at least next 10 years, and I don’t want to increase my budget (in fact I want to be with-in 35 Lakh). Above was first rounds of talks after the TD and we did not push further, but kept the door open.

Appreciate your valued inputs if any.

Brdgs
Sail
I purchased MY2023 Tiguan in December 2023 with a bit more discount than the above figure and exchanged my 2013 Vento TSi for a decent price and exchange bonus. I had been considering a change for a year and it seemed the right time. I tend to keep cars for 8-10 year horizon thus didn't make sense to forego INR 6-7 lakhs odd (plus the exchange value) for a car manufactured 45 days later for higher perceived resale value. The discount will exceed the higher resale by a wide margin after a few years of depreciation.

Warm wishes.

dnahelix
dnahelix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 19:02   #771

I'm planning to bug a Tiguan. I have a query - Does Tiguan have auto emergency braking? If it has, can anyone explain in detail.
Old 19th March 2024, 07:12   #772

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshpandit View Post
I'm planning to bug a Tiguan. I have a query - Does Tiguan have auto emergency braking? If it has, can anyone explain in detail.
So far in my experience, it has AEB which works only during parking at low speeds while reversing or going forward, in moving traffic I don't think it works and is not something you can compare to ADAS.
Old 19th March 2024, 12:32   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshpandit View Post
Nope, it doesn’t have AEB. SVWIPL CKD vehicles sold in India do not have ADAS features.

It has Manoeuvre Braking, which is utilises ultrasonic sensors for emergency braking at slow vehicle speeds.

Last edited by GoBlue : 19th March 2024 at 12:34.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 06:11   #774
BHPian

Hello Tiggy Owners, do we any have update on E20 complaice of Tiguan ?
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:16   #775

Yesterday I got a call from SA at VW whitefield saying last few stocks of Tiguan are left before they stop assembling and wait for new model. Only colours available were white and black (I was interested in nightshade blue). Seems non-sensical in my opinion to halt current gen sales when new model is not expected before 2025, and I conveyed the same to the SA as well.
Wanted to check from folks here if the SA is stating facts. In that case I will go ahead and block a vehicle since I like the current gen looks more than the upcoming one.
Old 14th April 2024, 11:14   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayjoshi View Post
Yes I have fitted the dynamic hub caps.
Thanks this is new information for me. I thought only BMWs and above had these caps! Beautiful color too that suits the elegant Teutonic lines very well.
Old 20th April 2024, 21:39   #777
BHPian

Could anyone please share the current prices for 5th and 6th year extended warranties for the petrol Tiguan? The VW website only has info for the old diesel.
Old 21st April 2024, 19:42   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Could anyone please share the current prices for 5th and 6th year extended warranties for the petrol Tiguan? The VW website only has info for the old diesel.
Hi,

It is INR 79,059/- for 5th & 6th year.

Brdgs.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 23:14   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Hi,

It is INR 79,059/- for 5th & 6th year.

Brdgs.
Thanks. I think the 5th year extended warranty is ₹37,169, as per info provided by the Carwale website.
Old 21st April 2024, 23:44   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Here is the list of extended warranty prices for VW models which were sold in India
[ATTACH=New_Extended_Warranty_4Yrs_December_21 (2).pdf]2597499[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New_Extended_Warranty_4Yrs_December_21 (2).pdf (140.9 KB, 17 views)
TheGearBox is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks