Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2024, 00:52   #511

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Sorry, I don't have an answer but curious to know if you got a solution or if it was a false alert ? Did MASS do an OBD scan on this ?
The alert stopped by itself but wanted to confirm that this was not a sensor or wiring issue. Visited Popular NEXA service at Porur, they did a OBD scan and the error showed up in history. Then they did a 15 km test run with the laptop connected to the car at speeds above 80+ as I had mentioned the alert first came when I was going 70+ and tested to see if the alert pops up again. Something else came up, I don't remember the exact name but it was something like clutch sensor. The technician mentioned that this might be interlinked, reset and cleared all the errors. The Quality Manager told me this could've been a one time occurrence but if it happens again we will need to look into the sensor and replace it. Post this, I driven the car for 100+ kms no other alert has shown up. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th February 2024 at 21:32. Reason: typos
Rocky_C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 07:19   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclopedic View Post
I have a small query regarding fitment of Alpha variant steering on Delta variant.Is it plug and play or some wiring needs to be altered? If anyone can throw light on the matter as I really wanted to have leather wrapped steering.
You can refer this post from Shashi where he has done a DIY on his XL6. You might get some thoughts.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/how-i-...ring-wheel-xl6
Chandler Bing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 09:29   #513
sgm
BHPian

Hi no_boundaries,

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
ODO@3800kms - Observations post 1900kms drive to Pune and back to Bangalore
  1. I tried the manual mode, it helped certainly but it defeats the purpose of buying an automatic. Coming from a Celerio AGS, the AGS on the Baleno is still bad and leaves a lot to desire at highway speeds. The response and feedback to acceleration input is very very slow. What I like is it still holds the higher gear and the engine does a great job to pull through. A manual gear shift would have been remarkable here, I guess hence the manual option . Yet, the gearbox must be competent enough to handle such mundane situation

Overall It's a premium city car that I knew very well at the time of purchase and I have no complaints driving it within the city.
We are also trying to change our Celerio AMT to Baleno AGS. How is Baleno AGS to drive in the city with bumper to bumper traffic? Is there any jerk? Performance is not an issue for us but we are spoilt by other smooth automatics (TC and CVT) we have, so poor AGS is a sore point. Currently evaluating Ignis and Baleno. This will be strictly a city car for us. The extra comfort/convenience features of Baleno Alpha over Ignis Alpha is tempting me to ignore the extra size of Baleno over Ignis. My wife will be the primary user of this car.

Tried Ignis AGS but I was a bit surprised to see that Ignis AGS is still very crude. Though it felt much nicer than Celerio, which has the worst AMT tuning, the expected smoothness is missing during gear shifts. I liked Ignis for its tiny size, as smaller foot print is really a boon for city parking. Waiting for test drive of Baleno to see if it is any better in terms of smoothness. May be it was the issue of poorly maintained the test drive vehicle that Ignis was not good.
Old 26th February 2024, 10:28   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
How is Baleno AGS to drive in the city with bumper to bumper traffic? Is there any jerk?
Hi,

The AGS gearbox in Baleno is a slightly improved version from the Celerio. Its not a huge step up. The jerks between gear shifts are not very pronounced now however it exists, I believe, due to the nature of the AMT. It can never be as smooth as any other gearbox out there. However, you might have observed this on the Celerio, this gearbox adapts very well to your driving style especially acceleration and I find that engaging.

Baleno is not a hassle when you are driving in city, be it crawl traffic or sudden bursts of acceleration, it adapts. Its only the highway, if driven enthusiastically its slow progress.

In terms of comfort, drivability, maneuverability and mileage, its certainly very premium and comfortable and I have no complaints about the car.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 19:04   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Is there any jerk? Performance is not an issue for us but we are spoilt by other smooth automatics (TC and CVT) we have, so poor AGS is a sore point.
Baleno AGS owner here. I can tell you that the jerks are there and they are more pronounced in lower gears ie. from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. You cannot miss them. You will be reminded constantly that this is an AMT.

You can however try to reduce the jerks by easing on the accelerator, giving it time to shift and then step on it again.
So please do keep it in mind that this isn't going to be smooth.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 16:56   #516

Today I took a longish test drive of Baleno Alpha AGS. The condition of test drive car was good enough, a 2022 or an early 2023 model and driven approx. 8900 kms.

If you drive hard and accelerate quickly from standstill, the head-nod is pronounced, and everybody will feel it. During fast overtakes, kickdown is barely noticeable. However, if you drive with a very light foot, one will not feel any jerks or any head-nod. Acceleration is decent and is absolutely linear. Engine sound is definitely audible at higher speed and would pierce AC sound easily, post 70+ km/h. I could be critical here, as I have very sensitive hearing. If take the car, over a steep slope and have to start from a steep point, the engine could get noisy to climb over it.

The steering is below average, though can be controlled with one hand, however the self centering is not good. You need to quickly bring it back to center to control during traffic. But definitely an improvement from previous Marutis'/Suzukis'.

Interiors are subjective, but I personally did not find the cushioning too soft or hard, just good enough. It could also because, the test drive vehicle was from 2022/2023 edition and cushioning could have become a little hard due to weather.

Arkamys Sound is just ok and would not come close to your home speaker system. I probably am took cynical to expect a 4/6 speaker systems of cars to match a proper 2.1 speaker systems.

If one is looking for absolutely smooth drive experience, one need to look away from AGS, and consider CVT. It will be absolutely smooth drive experience. It is a very point to point city car and does that job perfectly.

Last edited by Minato : 15th March 2024 at 17:15. Reason: missing a word
Old 23rd March 2024, 19:54   #517
BHPian

Just an update for the group, had bought a Oct'23 made Delta AGS in Jan end. Have driven it around 1500 kms, mostly over highways. Loving how it drives.

On highways while going above 100, it felt like it was chocking and needed to pushed even with just 2 passengers and no luggage. So while going for 1st service last week at around 1270, got its engine oil also changed as it had been almost 6 months since the car had it. Service costed 4492 for synthetic oil change. It has been running smooth since then, drove around 100 kms in local traffic before taking it out on highway.

Now this might be controversial - just on the parameter of driving, I am taking it out more than Thar as finding it more comfortable and without it swaying left right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks