Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 15:54   #451
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
I test drove the new 2023 Toyota Glanza recently and the AC performance was very poor. When I asked the SA, he said the test vehicle is low on refrigerant gas.

I test drove another 2023 Baleno and it too had poor AC performance! Looks like Suzuki/Toyota prioritized cost cutting and made poor design/engineering decisions. I'm now apprehensive of buying Baleno/Glanza since an essential feature like AC is not up to the mark.
Sales associates will say anything to cover up their shortcomings. The AC is bad when you need it most on the hottest days.
I just can't imagine why a huge company like Maruti will make this deplorable decision to cut cost of the air-conditioning system so much so that it's really noticeable.
Hence being number two in the game is better because you are striving to improve and not gloating in your success and cutting corners.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 08:01   #452
BHPian

Can the shark fin antenna from Fronx be fit to the Baleno/Grand Vitara? Will it require any wiring change or just plug and play?

I agree with Gotcha and Gupts007, the AC performance on new Baleno/Glanza is inferior than previous Maruti products of same range. In peak summers it takes time to cool down the cabin.
Old 25th June 2023, 09:00   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Can the shark fin antenna from Fronx be fit to the Baleno/Grand Vitara? Will it require any wiring change or just plug and play?
I believe shark fin antenna was always available as an accessory for the Baleno, I've seen a few cars with it and the accessory is available on the MSGA website, here's the link:
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...ler-bright-red
It says shark fin 'spoiler' so I don't know if it functions as an antenna or not. I never bought it because it wasn't available in my car's colour.
There are also many aftermarket solutions available, but they don't seem to be very reliable based on the reviews.
Motorhead1203 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:11   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
I have seen a video or two on YouTube wherein they changed the standard antennae with a shark fin type (aftermarket). What put me off the idea was that one has to drop the roof lining from the boot side to get their hands inside to free up the wiring etc that is attached to the original antennae. Also if the seal is not good at the base of the shark fin, water will trickle down causing rust issues on the roof.

The roof lining is as such of such poor quality, I didn't want to meddle with it. Also the aftermarket options were really poor quality so that never even tempted me.
Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 20:01   #455
BHPian

I had the Baleno for 4 days on my recent family trip to Goa.

We chose Baleno as we got a very new just 2500kms run car. Also wanted a Automatic Car not a SUV. While the car was easy to drive few point which even my Son noticed in the first few kms is how lazy the gear shift is.. He was like What The Dad... . The second thing which i could not accept was the steering, there was just no feel or connect, sometime i felt so stupid that i just kept moving the steering left right to see if it reacts ..

Other than that i think the car is solid.
We loved the easy of the Apple Car Play,
The seating position both front and back seats. In-fact this was our first road trip that my Son (15Yrs 5'11) Graduated to front seat. While Wife and daughter stayed at the back (without complaints) that's a big achievement.
Boot Space for 4 cabin size bags and some accessories.
The suspension's was comfortable (also Goa roads are awesome compare to Bangalore)

Over all a pleasant drive for a comfortable stay. Will i buy it for a daily driver, might not just because of how the Auto Transmission is set up.
Old 2nd July 2023, 15:12   #456
BHPian

Hi Guys

A week ago we sold off our 2012 Polo 1.2L MPI Manual which was bought to primarily teach my daughter driving one year ago.

The story of that is here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/got-us...r-saved-8-lakh

Last year when we wanted to buy the New Baleno there was lot of waiting, and since we wanted a car immediately we bought a used Polo. Twice I paid the booking amount for immediate delivery of the New Baleno and Toyota Glanza in May 2022 but both the times it was refunded as dealers could not deliver.

One year down when my Daughter and Wife wanted an Automatic, we got a Baleno Alpha AGS - Celestial Blue as they call it now. I don't know if it is any different from Nexa Blue or just the name has changed.

The thinking is that the Wife and Daughter can drive comfortably in Automatic Mode. After Polo I feel it will be too slow for an enthusiastic driver like me in automatic mode. The good thing is I can always drive in Manual Mode.

I will post my experience with the New Baleno after I drive it for a few weeks.

I'm glad to be part of this family.

Styler
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-balenocomeshome1.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-balenocomeshome2.jpeg  

Last edited by Styler : 2nd July 2023 at 15:24.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 18:06   #457
BHPian

With the ODO ticking a little over 5200KMS, the 2nd free service was performed with a 0 bill as there were 0 issues to resolve.

I was surprised to learn wheel alignment, balancing and rotation are done at 10K intervals. For all my earlier cars I used to religiously get it done at 5K interval.

The car has finally settled into its element now after the run-in. The city mileage at 90% crawl driving is at 13kmpl and on highway its at 19 kmpl (sometimes 20kmpl) driven at 100-110 km/hr.

On highways I make it a point to use cruise control for majority of the drive. I've observed, this way AMT does not reset gear change based on city driving manners with highway driving manners (city you'd need gearshift at lower RPM range, on highways the car must be able to shift up at slightly higher rpm to build acceleration).

The HU sometimes launches the voice assist when not invoked. I suppose the mic is always on to hear the cue words for the voice assist to trigger. I don't like this and seems like a privacy breach. I'm figuring out how to disable the voice assist completely but no luck yet. Really hope MS fixes this annoying bug with a patch update.

For better engine response I'm planning to install a BMC stock replacement air filter. A local dealer confirmed the availability of the same at about INR 8k. Has anybody tried this upgrade and what seems to be the betterment from stock ?

Happy with my Baleno and now I'm assured I've made a safe choice despite all the faster and more comfortable options out there.
Old 26th August 2023, 23:52   #458

Hi, thanks for the detailed reviww. Are you also hearing a humming or whining sound when using the D2 gear? This happens for me when both accelerating and decelerating in the lower torque gears (mainly D2 and to some mild extent in D3). Am wondering whether this is a characteristic of AGS system. Coming from a CVT and DSG car this sound is very unusual and disturbing for me . I picked up the Baleno Alpha AGS recently and am experiencing this. I took it to the service center and they are telling me that this is normal and one can expect it to settle down after 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
ODO@1900KM

With 2 long drives completed, one to Mysore and other to Chennai, over last 2 weeks, I got 19.8KMPL to Mysore and 18.7KMPL to Chennai. I diligently maintained 100 - 110KMPH without any aggressive acceleration or drop in gears.

Few observations -
1. AGS still fumbles and is slow to respond to acceleration input. There is 0 sense of urgency and all overtaking requires planning and careful 360 observation. The wonderful engine is limited by this gearbox
2. The brakes are still not sharp and still has a sponge effect. Need to sort this with the MASS
3. During peak summers, the AC work pretty well. I also got sunfilm installed on the front and rear windshield, probably that's adding too
4. The suspension is soft and absorbs bad roads very well however this affects the ride stability, especially on curving, winding roads
5. The dead pedal placement is not comfortable with any seat adjustment
6. Audio clarity has improved and the sound output with apple music on lossless format is amazing
7. Irresponsibly missed the 1st service at 1000kms. I will be taking the car in shortly. Its been very hectic and really wish MASS had doorstep service

A recent pic taken @Besant Nagar, Chennai
Old 29th August 2023, 08:48   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degakc View Post
Are you also hearing a humming or whining sound when using the D2 gear? This happens for me when both accelerating and decelerating in the lower torque gears (mainly D2 and to some mild extent in D3). Am wondering whether this is a characteristic of AGS system. Coming from a CVT and DSG car this sound is very unusual and disturbing for me . I picked up the Baleno Alpha AGS recently and am experiencing this. I took it to the service center and they are telling me that this is normal and one can expect it to settle down after 1st service.
I am glad that I am not the only one who felt this. The low speed whine is awful. If you are driving at 30-40kmph for a while, the continuous whine cannot go unnoticed. I never thought of asking the service guys about it because I just assumed they won't know a thing. I guess this is just how the vehicle is and we won't be able to do anything about it.
Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 16:26   #460

Question to new Baleno owners, does your car make rattles near the passenger side AC vent?
This rattle noise was present in my car since day 1 and it has become louder and unbearable over time, the only way to make it stop is to shut off the passenger side AC vent completely.
I was hoping there was some other way to fix this, if anyone else is facing similar problems and knows a solution, kindly do share.
I'm attaching a video I found online for reference.
Old 3rd September 2023, 11:58   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead1203 View Post
Question to new Baleno owners, does your car make rattles near the passenger side AC vent?
This rattle noise was present in my car since day 1 and it has become louder and unbearable over time, the only way to make it stop is to shut off the passenger side AC vent completely.
I did notice a rattle from the left passenger side in my Baleno since the beginning. But for me it was when driving through patchy or rough road surfaces. Tuns out it was coming from the glove box not closing properly or some defects in the closing mechanism, when I open the glove box and drive there is no sound. I recently figured out it was from the glove box so didn't get a chance to explain this during the services.
visakhmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:19   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
The HU sometimes launches the voice assist when not invoked. I suppose the mic is always on to hear the cue words for the voice assist to trigger. I don't like this and seems like a privacy breach. I'm figuring out how to disable the voice assist completely but no luck yet. Really hope MS fixes this annoying bug with a patch update.
You can turn off the voice assistant listening for the activation word by following the methods mentioned in the owners manual.
(Voice assistant can still be activated by pressing the assistant button on steering wheel.)

Turn off Wake word - option in Voice assistant settings screen
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-screenshot_20230903_144912_drive.jpg  

visakhmv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 06:57   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by visakhmv View Post
I did notice a rattle from the left passenger side in my Baleno since the beginning. But for me it was when driving through patchy or rough road surfaces. Tuns out it was coming from the glove box not closing properly or some defects in the closing mechanism, when I open the glove box and drive there is no sound.
Thanks for letting me know about this, I forgot to mention in my previous post that the rattles start when going through rough patches. I will have to check properly to confirm if it's coming from the AC vent or the glove box in my car, will post about the conclusions soon.
Old 4th September 2023, 20:01   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degakc View Post
Are you also hearing a humming or whining sound when using the D2 gear?
Under normal RPM Vs Speed, there is no noise upshifting or downshifting from any gear. However, if the car is building up speed going past 2k rpm and the gear is not upshifting at this point either because you are going up an incline or the AMT has learnt from the driver to not upshift at this speed and rpm, there is a slight whirring noise from the engine which is normal.
As an alternate you could either not persist revving past 2K and give the gearbox a chance to force shift or slide the gear to manual mode and at 2k manually shift to 2M and drive on.

Hope this helps.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 15:34   #465

Hello Baleno owners,

What mileage can one expect from Baleno AGS in full city bumper to bumper traffic?

Thanks a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks