Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 08:18   #106

Re: Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Welcome newbie! Congratulations on your first post! Hope to see you here often!

Also congrats on the booking! Did you book the RWD? I heard RWD deliveries start in December.
Thank you. Yes RWD delivery starts by December.

I booked AWD, more for the bells and whistles than the two motors (especially the Augmented Heads Up Display). I spent some time with x7 during my international trips and I really feel that Heads Up Display makes driving feel futuristic and fun.
narenik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 17:39   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenik View Post
Thank you. Yes RWD delivery starts by December.

I booked AWD, more for the bells and whistles than the two motors (especially the Augmented Heads Up Display). I spent some time with x7 during my international trips and I really feel that Heads Up Display makes driving feel futuristic and fun.
Oh yes definitely makes a difference. So AWD delivery timelines were around December when you booked?
Old 16th June 2022, 20:10   #108

Quote:
Oh yes definitely makes a difference. So AWD delivery timelines were around December when you booked?
They mentioned that it will start in September as planned. Delivery of my EV6 will happen by December is what they committed.
Old 5th July 2022, 19:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Kia India has revealed the country’s first 150kWh fast charger at its Dhingra Kia facility in Gurugram.

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-20220705_192119.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-20220705_192122.jpg

Quote:
This is the fastest charger that’s present in the country at the moment and claims to charge from 10 to 80 percent under 42 minutes, depending on the model and its support for charging speeds.
To add 15 more chargers across 12 cities by August 2022.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th July 2022 at 19:24.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 21:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia India has revealed the country’s first 150kWh fast charger at its Dhingra Kia facility in Gurugram.
Kia has installed an even faster 240kW charging station at its dealership in Kochi.

Name:  20220818_210246.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  172.3 KB

India's fastest charger will be available for use by EVs from other manufacturers too.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 23:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

I am mighty impressed with EV6 after watching following Kia EV6 v Mustang Mach E v VW ID.4: DRAG RACE video.

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 19:36   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this on WhatsApp:
Attached Thumbnails
Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-screenshot_20221028171745.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:57   #113
BHPian

Picked up my EV6 in Yacht Blue on Padwa and I've been completely smitten with this car!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-20221027_135134.jpg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-20221027_135054.jpg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-20221020_163911.jpg  

venom_op is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 11:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Picked up my EV6 in Yacht Blue on Padwa and I've been completely smitten with this car!
Congratulations on your EV journey. EV6 is one of the best EVs in the market today. Wishing you many miles of blissful ownership. Is this the AWD variant?

I had an eye on EV6, but the pricing was little on the higher end. Definitely on the radar when I upgrade down the lane.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 11:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Congratulations on your EV journey. EV6 is one of the best EVs in the market today. Wishing you many miles of blissful ownership. Is this the AWD variant?

I had an eye on EV6, but the pricing was little on the higher end. Definitely on the radar when I upgrade down the lane.
Yes it’s the AWD. Most of the EV6s ordered are AWD. RWD has only 6 bookings pan India.

We hoped to get our MG ZS as well by now but since they’re not keen on giving us a car, we might consider moving to the BYD as a daily runabout.

I drove the car over the terrible Nashik Pune highway including a 6km off-road section and the car simply performed fabulously. No scraping anywhere. Sufficient ground clearance. If I was bringing home an i4 on that stretch I would’ve scraped everything for sure.

Also the performance, even in eco mode, is staggeringly good. More than enough for city roads and our moon surface highways.

Also love the smart regen braking which uses the radar and GPS to calculate road gradient and the vehicle ahead to decide if it should coast or regen and to what extent.

The only downside is the sound system which is pretty mediocre. Seriously think the sub needs an upgrade. Plus, with the car being so long and the Sub in the boot being so weak, I can hardly feel the bass. I guess I was spoiled by my X3’s system which had an underseat woofer which made sure I felt the thump.
venom_op is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:50   #116

Quote:
Congratulations! Look forward to seeing more pictures and your initial ownership experience.

I managed to get the test drive last week. I am also smitten by this beauty. I felt that the drive was very un-exciting in eco-mode, but once I changed to sports, then it all changed. The regenerative braking was affecting the overall feel of the drive. Once I set it to low, things were better. Since regenerative braking also uses sensors, it's likely that the car was slowing down more than usual taking into consideration the traffic ahead!

After some time, I found the sports-breaking option, and then it was all sorted.

I spent around 2 hours with EV6 on the busy Hosur road, and I was left wanting more.

Before he left, the Kia executive dropped a bomb that the EV charging station at my apartment uses CCS 1 which is not compatible with EV6's CCS2 charging. I am trying to gather more information on this.

He also mentioned that the Indian EV6 version will have more ground clearance after the test drive EV6 scraped some speed breakers. Did you feel any difference?
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:26   #117
Senior - BHPian

152 Kia EV6 electric crossovers delivered in October 2022

Kia India delivered 152 units of the EV6 electric crossover in the month of October.

Name:  20220322040621_Kia_EV6_front.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  97.4 KB

The Kia EV6 was launched in June this year, but deliveries only commenced last month. Initially, the carmaker had allotted 100 units for the Indian market, which has already been surpassed.

The Kia EV6 is based on the Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP). The car is offered in single-motor and dual-motor variants. The single-motor RWD variant packs 226 BHP and 350 Nm, while the AWD version produces 321 BHP and 605 Nm.

Name:  20220322042130_Kia_EV6_rear.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  103.1 KB

The EV6 is powered by a 77.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that is said to offer a maximum range of 528 km (WLTP cycle). The battery supports ultra-fast charging, which adds 100 km of range in 4.5 minutes. It can be recharged from 10% to 80% in 18 minutes using a 350 kW fast charger, while a 50 kW fast charger takes 73 minutes.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd November 2022 at 11:27.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:58   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Before he left, the Kia executive dropped a bomb that the EV charging station at my apartment uses CCS 1 which is not compatible with EV6's CCS2 charging. I am trying to gather more information on this.

He also mentioned that the Indian EV6 version will have more ground clearance after the test drive EV6 scraped some speed breakers. Did you feel any difference?
Highly doubt you will find CCS-1 anywhere in India. Can you please post photos of said charger. When it comes to EVs, dont believe in anything that the showroom and SC guys say.
lina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:18   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Highly doubt you will find CCS-1 anywhere in India. Can you please post photos of said charger. When it comes to EVs, dont believe in anything that the showroom and SC guys say.
I agree with that sentiment. He was so clueless about EVs in general and EV6 in particular. I will click some pictures and post them soon. Thanks for the help, in advance.
narenik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:20   #120
BANNED

Quote:

I think he is referring to DC charging, and that your apartment has the AC plug, which is type 2, don't worry, you can still charge just that it won't be fast DC charging.

On the topic, I already see the two initial adopters of Hyundai Kona, Akhil and Arun, already got their EV6 and seeing the initial posts on it on Twitter.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks