Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 13:31   #1426
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Has anyone here filled DPF/Adblue filled by themselves, instead of going to a service center? I am thinking of going to an Indian Oil pump/service station instead of the Hyundai service center and buying it from there or asking them to refill. Last time, I went to the Hyundai service station, they took 4-5 hours for this. Is there anything else I need, or need to do. I guess I might need a funnel.

I am thinking of this one - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...e-img_0871.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 26th February 2024, 20:11   #1427
BHPian

Hi, any idea whether there are major changes in this facelift. I am seriously considering to book a diesel Tucson in March & wondering whether I should wait :-)
sridharps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 21:31   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Has anyone here filled DPF/Adblue filled by themselves, instead of going to a service center?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I filled it in a petrol pump.

This was in Chitradurga.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0854.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0853.jpeg  

KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 20:53   #1429
BHPian

I am closing in on Tucson, just that the family does not like the ride quality as compared to the Jeep Compass - especially the middle seat in the second row. The Jeep seating comfort is much greater. I sat on the middle seat in the second row and found it very stiff. What are your thoughts? Do we have any solution for this?
Old 28th February 2024, 11:39   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Hi, any idea whether there are major changes in this facelift. I am seriously considering to book a diesel Tucson in March & wondering whether I should wait :-)
From what I heard, it will only come in Nov 2024. Major changes are on the interior and yes, it does look more premium. Not sure whether the pricing will remain the same though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrmv2 View Post
I am closing in on Tucson, just that the family does not like the ride quality as compared to the Jeep Compass - especially the middle seat in the second row. The Jeep seating comfort is much greater. I sat on the middle seat in the second row and found it very stiff. What are your thoughts? Do we have any solution for this?
That's weird. We had test driven Meridian (I think it's the same suspension setup as the Compass?) and found Tucson to be more comfortable.

If you can, get another test drive from another dealer and see. Maybe it's an problem with the test drive vehicle.
Sandeep M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 12:44   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Please do test drive in all conditions and also check T-BHP review. Tucson ride is more comfortable with comparatively softer suspension setup than compass. Do also check the tyre pressure in test drive vehicle as it will affect ride quality (visible in the instrument cluster)
SourPai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 18:50   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Do also check the tyre pressure in test drive vehicle as it will affect ride quality (visible in the instrument cluster)
In the second row, your back rests on the folded arm rest and that is the cause of concern.
Old 1st March 2024, 10:28   #1433
BHPian

I had read this earlier in the thread as well, the turn indicators on the rear is mounted very low. In Indian traffic conditions, it would not be visible and may lead to issues. People who are driving Tucson, can you please comment? Are there any after market kits that can be fitted which would provide turn indication at an eye level ?
Old 1st March 2024, 14:46   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
I had read this earlier in the thread as well, the turn indicators on the rear is mounted very low. In Indian traffic conditions, it would not be visible and may lead to issues. People who are driving Tucson, can you please comment? Are there any after market kits that can be fitted which would provide turn indication at an eye level ?
I concur, the rear turn indicators are positioned too low. I have to take a U turn everyday to reach my home and nobody ever seems to notice (or they very well might have just chosen to ignore, which is quite feasible as well) my indicator blinking. Everyone seems surprised that I am taking a U turn.

Also, I am not sure if there is any remedy for this.
Old 1st March 2024, 15:22   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Also, I am not sure if there is any remedy for this.
I was looking up and could find 2 possible solutions

1. You can replace the bulbs with LED lights that are more powerful. This is like if the light is more powerful, then the probability of that being noticed is higher. People have changed the reverse light and turn indicators to LED . How to do it is in the link below. Do check if this would impact warranty.

2. This is more of a complete solution; but needs technical know how and not sure if this would void the warranty. The idea is to make the brake light blink along with the turn indicators. How does it look after modification - check the link below. You can drop in an email to Ken (kp23899@gmail.com) and he would share you the steps to accomplish this. Again, do check if this would void the warranty.

Last edited by skrmv2 : 1st March 2024 at 15:31. Reason: Spacing for better readability
skrmv2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 12:58   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
From what I heard, it will only come in Nov 2024. Major changes are on the interior and yes, it does look more premium. Not sure whether the pricing will remain the same though.
Thanks. Any idea on the magnitude of the changes in the interior. Any useful links?
Old 5th March 2024, 13:43   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Thanks. Any idea on the magnitude of the changes in the interior. Any useful links?
What I meant is the Indian launch. It's already out in other markets. Just Google it.
Old 8th March 2024, 18:50   #1438
BHPian

How is the Tucson for tackling bad roads on long drives? Is the ground clearance good enough for our bad roads?
Old 9th March 2024, 21:15   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
How is the Tucson for tackling bad roads on long drives? Is the ground clearance good enough for our bad roads?
Hello Sid,

I have completed 22,000 KMS so far never faced any issue with the ground clearance. It's more than adequate.

Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 21:23   #1440
BHPian

Hello All,

Came for a short business trip to Miami I can find lot of Hyundai Tucson.. Specially the "N" Line variants. The 20 inch Rims looks great. Even the regular version comes with 19 inches.. Attaching the pictures for the reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0782.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0685.jpg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks