Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2024, 22:25   #1441
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hello Friends, On the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri - 8 Mar, i went ahead and booked the Tucson. Paid an initial booking amount of 50K. The SA has asked me to pay an intermittent amount of 2.5 lakhs to confirm the booking that i would be doing on 11 Mar. Just wanted to thank people in Team-BHP whose comments helped me take this decision. Thank you
skrmv2 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 01:08   #1442
BHPian

Just came back from a 5,500KM drive across India; Dehradun > Jaipur > Ahmedabad > Mumbai > Goa > Mumbai > Nashik > Nagpur (Tadoba Tiger Reserve) > Jhansi > Dehradun and loved every second of the drive. I drive around 600km per day on an average (on the days of driving) and didn't feel tired even once.

2 of my friends who are not a season road trippers, travelled with me and they told me that they felt like they were travelling business class. You can't get a better compliment than this I guess?

During this trip, I also flew from Mumbai to Auckland and drove around NZ (~3,500 KMs) for 2 weeks and I was so excited to see so many Tucson on the road. If I'm not wrong, 3 out of 5 Hyundais on road were Tucson with other 2 being i30 or an occasional SantaFe.

I'll hopefully share my detailed experience of my road trip in India and NZ soon.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 14:11   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
How is the Tucson for tackling bad roads on long drives? Is the ground clearance good enough for our bad roads?
Trust me it is more than adequate. I own both Fortuner and Tucson. However since arrival of Tucson I haven't taken Fortuner on highways. On a recent round trip of 650 kms I deliberately took Fortuner. Fortuner has its own pluses as a highway mile muncher but Tucson is not far behind. It tackles bad roads very well and doesn't loose composure. Diesel engine is a gem. Long drives in it will be very comfortable and fatigue free.

Only down side is auto climate control. Rear passengers often complain about lack of cooling in the back seats. You need to manually adjust fan speed to make rear passengers comfortable. Rear AC vents are also not of a much help here.

Last edited by rutvij : 12th March 2024 at 14:20.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 19:43   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Just came back from a 5,500KM drive across India; Dehradun > Jaipur > Ahmedabad > Mumbai > Goa > Mumbai > Nashik > Nagpur (Tadoba Tiger Reserve) > Jhansi > Dehradun and loved every second of the drive. I drive around 600km per day on an average (on the days of driving) and didn't feel tired even once.
Amazing buddy! Would love to hear more. Like what mode worked best for you. What was the average (I suspect around 16-17 given that you have an HTRAC) I havent had the chance to take mine on a long driver yet (longer than 150 kms) but I am pretty sure, its not tiring...
Old 13th March 2024, 10:41   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
Amazing buddy! Would love to hear more. Like what mode worked best for you. What was the average (I suspect around 16-17 given that you have an HTRAC) I havent had the chance to take mine on a long driver yet (longer than 150 kms) but I am pretty sure, its not tiring...
I drove in the normal mode only, with AC set at 22 (Auto mode) and I came back with an overall mileage of 15.9. The car gave mileage of around 19 on the highways, but I drove a lot in the cities too, specially in Mumbai (I also spent 3 hours standing at one place in traffic on the outskirts of Mumbai) which brought the overall average down. No complaints at all.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 20:43   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik R View Post
I have a couple of questions for fellow Tucson owners:

1. The first service, as per the owner's manual and my SA, is at 10000 kms/1 year and not 1000 or 1500 kms. Should we stick to this or should we go ahead and get an oil change done after 1000/1500 kms?
Hi Karthik

The first Hyundai service between 1000 to 1500 kms is more of a hygiene check, rather than a full service as provided at 10,000 kms

Sharing my experience to your specific query on engine oil change at 1500 kms for my December 2023 Creta

I opted for an engine oil change at 1800 kms (Shell Helix synthetic) and paid Rs 4000 inclusive of oil and filter change

The engine acceleration and overall smothness definitely improved, as also attested by my friend who completed his 1st service oil + filter change at 10,000 kms (December 2022 Creta)

I went by Team BHP guidelines on oil change at 1000 kms and multiple YouTube recommendations videos

Specifically all of them recommend if an owner wishes long term vehicle ownership like 500,000 kms, then initial engine oil change at 1000 kms and subsequently oil change every 6 months / 5000 kms

This might run contrary to the vehicle service manual which recommends 10,000 kms or 1 year (whichever earlier)

Hope this helps
IamGetz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 11:19   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post

I got these mats from Amazon for Rs 3990. Good quality mats. However, haven't found one for the cargo area.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
@KrishKallapur i tried the link you shared, but it is no longer valid. Can you please confirm if the mat in the below link is same/similar to the ones you bought?

https://www.amazon.in/NEXTA-Hyundai-...%3ATucson&th=1
Old 18th March 2024, 21:19   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrmv2 View Post
@KrishKallapur i tried the link you shared, but it is no longer valid. Can you please confirm if the mat in the below link is same/similar to the ones you bought?
Please try this:

https://amzn.eu/d/dX8xC4P
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 22:02   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Please try this:

https://amzn.eu/d/dX8xC4P
Ordered the suggested mats
skrmv2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 10:47   #1450
BHPian

Fun story. I forgot my car keys in my pocket, and it went into the washing machine. Completed a full 4 hour cycle for washing and heated drying. When I realized this next morning, i fully expected it not to work. but to my surprise its been working fine. No issues at all.

I do use this key cover from amazon.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But the cover etc had come out during the wash cycle. the key got a couple of small scratches from spinning in the drum.. But frankly, surprised that everything is working.
Old 1st April 2024, 17:04   #1451
BHPian

Friends, Finally i met my Korean girlfriend a.k.a Tucson (D) on 27th March. Got it from Ujjwal Hyundai Nashik. The SA Mr. Pramod was super helpful and addressed all my queries all the way till the delivery process and it was a premium experience. The next day i did close to 200 odd kms and it gave me a mileage of 17.8 kms/litre. The pickup of the car and the oodles of space along with the fit and finish are amazing. I am loving it. Expect a detailed review in a bit
skrmv2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 17:09   #1452
BHPian

Need some guidance and inputs from the seniors in our group. During the delivery - i was given soft copies of
1. Payment Receipt
2. RTO Tax Receipt
3. Extended Warranty Receipt
4. TCS receipt.

I do not have any hard copies. In my excitement, i did not ask for any during delivery of vehicle. Please let me know what all documents i need as originals.
Old 5th April 2024, 09:24   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have any hard copies. In my excitement, i did not ask for any during delivery of vehicle. Please let me know what all documents i need as originals.
Might as well take all. These are your receipts. Good to have the soft copy, but always have the hard copy
noyes99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 12:12   #1454
BHPian

Drove Tucson for only 200 kms and i am seeing 1 issue. Had set the temp to 22; the AC seemed to stop cooling after sometime. I had to reduce the temperature further for AC to start cooling again. Did anyone else see this issue ?
Old 5th April 2024, 15:54   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Drove Tucson for only 200 kms and i am seeing 1 issue. Had set the temp to 22; the AC seemed to stop cooling after sometime. I had to reduce the temperature further for AC to start cooling again. Did anyone else see this issue ?
Yes. That is the biggest issue with this car. Rear seat passengers always complain about lack of cooling. I have tried different settings in Auto Mode but none seems to work. Of late I have resorted to manually adjust temperature and fan settings to get optimum cooling. I have also started keeping the parcel tray on to keep the cooled air in the passenger section of the car.

I have complained about this issue at the time of first service. They reset the settings but it was of no help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks