Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 14:34   #691

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hi Manthan1130, I think I too have a similar sound in my Tucson. I believe it might be passenger seat rather than the door. The passenger seat vibrates a bit when driving on even surfaces. Also the sound goes away when a passenger is in the seat.
Old 6th December 2022, 14:47   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello there,

I too noticed the same today in my Tucson sound coming from front side left door when driving in uneven surface.Has the problem been sorted ? Please update me.

Thank you.

Hello All ,

Sorry as I didn't check properly before posting. The issue is sorted it was the front passenger seat belt which was scratching against the door
Old 6th December 2022, 16:17   #693
BHPian

Hello All,

Got the 3M under chassis anti rust coating.Last two pictures were taken after the coating.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-2.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-3.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-4.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-5.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-after-1-.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-after-2-.jpg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 16:50   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello All ,

Sorry as I didn't check properly before posting. The issue is sorted it was the front passenger seat belt which was scratching against the door
The front passenger seat belt creates a noise for me too. Couple of times I have stopped the car only to push the belt in. It doesn't go in completely on its own as it should. Alternatively I pull it over the headrest of the front seat. What ever part generates the spring action to pull the belt in is not good enough. I never had this problem with my previous car.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 21:08   #695
BHPian

I am writing this update after 2 months of ownership and 1500 KM. I bought Diesel 2WD Signature model, Amazon Grey. This post is going to be a bit long. Hope it will be useful to others.

I must say in terms of space and comfort, it is really great. It is a driver's car and passenger's car too.

I did not have any anxious moments in terms of the car performance or ride.

Some owners have expressed inadequacy of head light. I have felt that they are just good enough. I never felt that I missed something on road because of less light while driving.

Noise and vibration level seems to have gone up a touch after 100KM.

Which features I appreciate:

1. Auto hold - this is very useful in stop and go traffic like in Bengaluru, love it!
2. Steering - amazingly smooth, such big car, so easy to handle
3. 360 degree view - very very useful again in narrow roads. It saved many a scratches in difficult situations.
4. Presence on road - I had multiple people asking me about the car and appreciating the looks (even owners of BMW cars!)
5. Rear seat - my family and friends tell me it is like Club class in Imax!
6. Mileage - More on it below
7. Sound system - Very good and easy to operate
8. Voice command - work well and very useful
9. Build feels solid - never felt it is delicate dolly like other Hyundai cars
10. Interior lights - many lights, very convenient
11. Ride quality - very good and adequate enough
12. Engine and power train - 2L DSL with AT is superb. I have never felt lag or inadequate power

Some cribs:

1. Only front row windows are one touch. All windows should have been.
2. The sheet metal and paint job does not feel premium but not bad.
3. The auto tailgate open feature has been more an inconvenience than useful. It opens when not needed.
4. The rain sensing wiper has been a bit of hit and miss sometimes.
5. Sunroof should have been fully opening.
6. Bonet should have had hydraulic support.
7. The silver styling on the pillars is a dirt and scratch magnet.
8. Wireless charger does not charge fast enough and heats up a lot.
9. No wireless Apple play or android auto.
10. The breaks squeak a lot (they work well though).
11. I have noticed when Cellular signal is unavailable (like in a basement), main unit touch screen lagged a bit.
12. Collision avoidance is very panicky (I agree with other users). They need to give an easy way to turn the auto braking off.
13. The seats could be bit more softer
14. Options in blue link app on my mobile is a bit hit and miss

Now the important one - mileage

Initially upto 600 KMs it always showed under 6 KM/L (Yes!). I was thinking to visit the service. My friend suggested to wait a while (for Opening up of the engine). After 600, everything suddenly changed. On a Sunday, a trip to Planetarium from Mysore Road in Bengaluru with stop-go traffic gave 16 KM/L!

On a trip on Mysore Road, I was able to manage 20KM/L driving tad under 100 KM/H. That's very good for a 2L turbo, I feel. Practically, I am seeing no difference between my VW Ameo DSL Auto and Tucson in terms of fuel consumption. Happy me

I drive in eco mode.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1172.jpeg

I had multiple calls from Hyundai Motors and Trident Hyundai taking feedback on sales and ownership experience. That makes me feel Hyundai is keen on Tucson users.

There was a confusion about 1st service. I got a message to service it at 1000 or 2 Months whichever is earlier. Then they clarified it was a wrong message. It is for 1 Year/ 10K

There is a Hyundai Mobility App and membership as well. App does not work though, it didn't even register my car.

Hope this review is useful. Will write one more at 5K.

Last edited by KrishKallapur : 6th December 2022 at 21:12. Reason: Adding a picture
KrishKallapur is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 15:52   #696
BHPian

Hello All,

I have ordered Stereo/Instrument cluster screen protector if anyone is looking for it you can order it from the link below.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0BNBXZL7T/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_8MRPCQ400Q9W3H16C1A5_0?fbclid=Iw AR0KDCP8iCkGvtL_WVtxM76wt_5lhhZ2AMV3Yc1x-AouFF6hXyniGS1Shhw
Mathan1130 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:08   #697
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
12. Collision avoidance is very panicky (I agree with other users). They need to give an easy way to turn the auto braking off.
Thanks for your brief ownership experience. Just one thing on Collision avoidance, is it not possible to turn it off at all or just that you have to browse through multiple screens in the touchscreen every time you start the car?

Heartening to hear the mileage figures, how do you find the Eco mode in city driving?
Old 7th December 2022, 19:41   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Just one thing on Collision avoidance, is it not possible to turn it off at all or just that you have to browse through multiple screens in the touchscreen every time you start the car?
Here’s a quick shortcut to turn it off. Toggle to lane keep assist screen (as per the picture)

Press and hold “OK” on the steering to switch to its settings. Now, select “Forward Safety” and choose “Warning Only” or “Off”. You don’t need to actively browse through the entire menu to turn it off.

Also Mr. Krish, how did you find forward collision assistance in Bangalore traffic? For me, it just triggered once at night.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-3c4869fc8e2c499eb3958c1a820f2b37.jpeg  

992TurboS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 22:18   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
The front passenger seat belt creates a noise for me too. Couple of times I have stopped the car only to push the belt in. It doesn't go in completely on its own as it should. Alternatively I pull it over the headrest of the front seat. What ever part generates the spring action to pull the belt in is not good enough. I never had this problem with my previous car.
This problem is in the previous Tucson also. I have a white 2021 model. I find many times that the seat belt doesn't fully retract after the passenger exits.
Old 8th December 2022, 12:57   #700
BHPian

Quote:
There was a confusion about 1st service. I got a message to service it at 1000 or 2 Months whichever is earlier. Then they clarified it was a wrong message. It is for 1 Year/ 10K
That's a great ownership review. You seem to be enjoying the car. Wish you many happy miles with it.

Regarding the quote, I remember sending in my car (previous gen) for inspection after 1000 kms. I guess it was an error on the service centre's part given how rare the Tucson is. Haha! I checked the manual and indeed, the service interval is 1 year/10k kms for the first service i.e. in line with its European counterparts (I think it is 1 year/ 15k for VW cars but close).
Old 8th December 2022, 13:20   #701
BHPian

Quote:

Some cribs:

1. Only front row windows are one touch. All windows should have been.
2. The sheet metal and paint job does not feel premium but not bad.
3. The auto tailgate open feature has been more an inconvenience than useful. It opens when not needed.
4. The rain sensing wiper has been a bit of hit and miss sometimes.
5. Sunroof should have been fully opening.
6. Bonet should have had hydraulic support.
7. The silver styling on the pillars is a dirt and scratch magnet.
8. Wireless charger does not charge fast enough and heats up a lot.
9. No wireless Apple play or android auto.
10. The breaks squeak a lot (they work well though).
11. I have noticed when Cellular signal is unavailable (like in a basement), main unit touch screen lagged a bit.
13. The seats could be bit more softer
14. Options in blue link app on my mobile is a bit hit and miss

I bought same Tucson in June diesel AT top end and have same cribs like you. Love everything about Tucson except few things:
- Auto tailgate is such a pain that I don't know what to do about that.
- Rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own.
- Bass impact of music in rear seats is very less.

Anyone any suggestion on above three negatives?

Last edited by heydj : 8th December 2022 at 13:22.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 14:37   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I bought same Tucson in June diesel AT top end and have same cribs like you. Love everything about Tucson except few things:
- Auto tailgate is such a pain that I don't know what to do about that.
- Rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own.
- Bass impact of music in rear seats is very less.

Anyone any suggestion on above three negatives?
For the smart tailgate, did you try disabling that option, if you dont want to use it? For me, I haven't faced any issues with the smart tailgate till now. In fact found it useful during weekend grocery shopping.

Personally I didnt try hearing music from the rear seat. But when I checked with my family, they were saying that the music is good enough. I had set Bass in the equalizer to +8.
Old 8th December 2022, 19:23   #703
BHPian

is it not possible to turn it off at all or just that you have to browse through multiple screens in the touchscreen every time you start the car?

FCA resets every time engine is turned off. Every time one needs to remember and make a habit to change. If multiple people drive it, it is even more problematic.

how do you find the Eco mode in city driving?

Eco mode is City driving is awesome. I have never felt I need more power.

Here’s a quick shortcut to turn it off. Toggle to lane keep assist screen (as per the picture)

Thanks a lot, I will try it.

Also Mr. Krish, how did you find forward collision assistance in Bangalore traffic? For me, it just triggered once at night.

FCA triggered multiple times for me. Basically it gets into panic mode with pedestrians coming close on busy roads.

For the smart tailgate, did you try disabling that option, if you dont want to use it? For me, I haven't faced any issues with the smart tailgate till now. In fact found it useful during weekend grocery shopping.

Well, I did turn it off eventually. However, what is the point of having it and then needing to turning it off as a nuisance? Rather than sensing the key nearby it should have been like wawing hand or leg at a sensor to open the tailgate.
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:47   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
Hi Gearknob, mgoel... initial reviews for Audi Q3 came out and seems to be missing host of features than what we get in global market, basic alloy design, no 360 degree camera, lacks diesel and the price is 10L+ than Tucson, X1 when launched will be approx. 45L+ ex-showroom or more. Tucson's design, features and Hyundai reliability is keeping me off from looking at other options. My SA is promising March delivery as well.
Good to know motorturf. I haven't heard from my SA yet but looking to get hands on my vehicle in the next quarter.
Old 10th December 2022, 14:43   #705

Quote:

This sticker was on my car regarding service schedule. This should clear any confusion.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_2466.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks