Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
1,325,984 views
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:12   #796
Distinguished - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,046
Thanked: 8,453 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hyundai is making hay while the sun shines, there is a demand and there is a waiting period so they are going about price hike business like everyone else. The price for top end Diesel has now breached 45 lacs On road price in Bangalore.

I have no doubt that discounts will come once the waiting period is gone, with all the layoff happening in IT industry, I anyway foresee some cancellations in Bangalore. I myself thought about this for a brief time, but then restrained from even taking a Test Drive, as I do not want to commit 45 lacs on a car that is an depreciating Asset. The fact that Hyundai is not even an aspirational brand made the decision that much easier. I would rather try to get a pre-owned X3 for that price rather a Hyundai.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 09:38   #797
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hi

Does it make sense to go for the Hyundai Shield of Trust 5years/60K package which costs 89K for the Tucson Diesel Automatic 4WD. Since no clutch is present I feel this package is unnecessary. Any inputs on this?

Thanks
OceanWaves is offline  
Old 25th January 2023, 21:47   #798
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 28
Thanked: 170 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Hello All,

Writing to share an unfortunate incident with us all. My Tucson met with an accident on Sunday, when a rogue mini goods carrier in race to beat the oncoming traffic hit us on the left rear passenger door. Images attached.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1843.jpg

Had sent the car to the service centre / bodyshop the next morning where my SA informed that a dent/paint job will not suffice as the back door has multiple curves which may not be able to be replicated perfectly. Hence, now the entire door will have to be replaced which may take upwards of 20+ days to arrive. Thankfully, Hyundai's in-house insurance team has been quick to respond, and service this request.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1845.jpg

Have placed the order of the same, and am waiting for this. As I understand, this is the first Tucson to undergo major repairs at this particular workshop, and hence the team is still unclear of the processes.

Will keep the team updated.
BlackAdam is offline  
Old 26th January 2023, 09:51   #799
BHPian
 
KrishKallapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 104
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi

Does it make sense to go for the Hyundai Shield of Trust 5years/60K package which costs 89K for the Tucson Diesel Automatic 4WD. Since no clutch is present I feel this package is unnecessary. Any inputs on this?

Thanks
When I purchased the car, they were pushing the insurance which was 90K extra cost compared to open market for similar features and IDV. That made no sense. I convinced them to get insurance from outside as trade off went for 5 years extended warranty. It costed me 16K extra on standard price.

It made sense as I got 3 benefits - Insurance at lower cost, Extended warranty for additional years and savings of 75K.

That shield covers 14 major parts - Brakes, Clutch, Wiper, Belts, Hoses, etc. So it makes sense.

Hope that helps
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 10:36   #800
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post

It made sense as I got 3 benefits - Insurance at lower cost, Extended warranty for additional years and savings of 75K.

That shield covers 14 major parts - Brakes, Clutch, Wiper, Belts, Hoses, etc. So it makes sense.

Hope that helps
Hi thanks for the reply.
So yours is a 4WD model? Did you opt for the Hyundai shield of trust package?

The current on road price for 4WD DT in Bengaluru is 45.96L which includes their insurance quote of 1.66L and Shield of trust package which is 89K. As these are optional am looking at various options to reduce the price as much as possible regarding these addons.
OceanWaves is offline  
Old 26th January 2023, 12:19   #801
BHPian
 
KrishKallapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 104
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi thanks for the reply.
So yours is a 4WD model? Did you opt for the Hyundai shield of trust package?

The current on road price for 4WD DT in Bengaluru is 45.96L which includes their insurance quote of 1.66L and Shield of trust package which is 89K. As these are optional am looking at various options to reduce the price as much as possible regarding these addons.
I bought 2WD. However, your quote would have 15k for warranty already, right? then SOT would be 89-15 = 74K? Insurance outside would cost around 1.1- 1.2Lakhs I guess. So please calculate accordingly.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 17:13   #802
BHPian
 
KrishKallapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 104
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Just a while back I received an OTA update. It is supposed to add new sound themes.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-d73924a39c98479c83b9e9b4885d11e6.jpeg
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 07:48   #803
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I bought 2WD. However, your quote would have 15k for warranty already, right? then SOT would be 89-15 = 74K? Insurance outside would cost around 1.1- 1.2Lakhs I guess. So please calculate accordingly.
Hi

I am also deciding of whether to go for the 2WD or 4WD. I don't think the Htrac 4WD would benefit on Indian roads in any way. I feel its just added dead weight. Is the Htrac 4WD system always on on the Tucson or does it function only when we turn on? Any info you got on this?
OceanWaves is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 09:28   #804
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hi

I am also deciding of whether to go for the 2WD or 4WD. I don't think the Htrac 4WD would benefit on Indian roads in any way. I feel its just added dead weight. Is the Htrac 4WD system always on on the Tucson or does it function only when we turn on? Any info you got on this?
4WD system is always on and power delivery to rear wheels is decided by ECU based on terrain or acceleration input. There’s a mode in MID that shows power distribution animation.
motorturf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 09:59   #805
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 50
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
4WD system is always on and power delivery to rear wheels is decided by ECU based on terrain or acceleration input. There’s a mode in MID that shows power distribution animation.
Oh okay. Thanks again for your time and inputs.
OceanWaves is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 10:27   #806
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 55
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
My car has completed about 9600 km so far and was due for first servicing. I got it serviced at KUN Hyundai, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Those of you who are new to Hyundai / Bluelink may find this information useful - After the service you have to "reset" maintenance alerts on the Bluelink app on your phone. Do so after you get your car serviced.
I wasn't aware of this and Bluelink app started showing errors for Engine oil, oil filter, wheel alignment and tire rotation a day after servicing. I called the SA at KUN Hyundai and he too did not know what to do. He referred me to their Bluelink expert who told me to reset. Hopefully KUN Hyundai will train their service advisors better so they can advise customers.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 12:40   #807
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Fellow BHP-ians, now that next gen BMW X1 is revealed in Indian Market, is anyone re-evaluating german options comparing X1/Q3 or Tiguan exclusive edition?
motorturf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 22:52   #808
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: TN66/TN14
Posts: 873
Thanked: 2,163 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Considering my budget of 35L (I have to stretch 3L which I think is worth it), the competition, price hike (700 & Harrier) and especially given the reliability, fit & finish, quality of Hyundai (compared to 700 and Harrier), I am planning to book the diesel Tucson Platinum AT Platinum variant over the Signature variant which brings down the price by almost 3.3 lakhs, because, I don't need ADAS, passenger side electric seat adjustment, passenger seat walk-in device, driver memory function, hands free smart powered tail gate with height adjustment. The only feature that I will miss is the ventilated seats (which I think I can manage it through the remote engine start and remote AC start or I will try to find an after market solution).

Having said the above, please let me know your thoughts about the variant (Platinum vs Signature) difference. Platinum owners, please share your experience. Signature owners, please share your part as well.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 31st January 2023 at 22:53.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:31   #809
BHPian
 
Mahin_P21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Mehsana
Posts: 25
Thanked: 43 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Considering that you are not going for the top model of the Tucson, might as well go for the VW Tiguan.
There's paddle shifters, heated seats and steering wheel, better headlights, and darker interiors which would be easier to maintain. You'll also be getting 4motion.
If fuel economy is not your mind top priority, then might as well go for the Tiguan/Tiguan exclusive.
Mahin_P21 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:06   #810
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 21
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorturf View Post
Fellow BHP-ians, now that next gen BMW X1 is revealed in Indian Market, is anyone re-evaluating german options comparing X1/Q3 or Tiguan exclusive edition?
BMW compromised on X1's engines heavily. It is now the most underpowered entry level luxury SUV. Definitely a looker though both inside and out. Q3 Premium plus or XC40 seem VFM in comparison.
ThunderIce is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks