Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 14:53   #886
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
Hey Mathan,

Have been searching similar for my Tucson as well. Thanks a bunch for the recommendation. Could you help with some buying details for this, as I am unable to find this off the internet.

Thanks

Hello Black Adam,

I bought the light Bar directly from the Hella Dealer here in Chennai. I can ping his details via message. I guess he should be able to even ship the products to other states within India.

Here is the product weblink page.

https://myhellalights.com/product/bl...slim-lightbar/

Thank you.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th April 2023 at 21:14. Reason: Broken quote tags
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 21:54   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
My car has completed about 9600 km so far and was due for first servicing. I got it serviced at KUN Hyundai, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. . . . .
  • For the first service, in the morning I was given an estimate of about Rs 3000 towards wheel balancing/alignment and interior cleaning. Everything else including filters/labor was to be free. When I collected the car in the evening the bill was over Rs 9000. It turns out that parts such as air/oil filters are not free but paid. . . .
Finally I sent a complaint to Hyundai about overcharging by KUN Hyundai. Within a couple of hours I got a call back from KUN Hyundai stating that they will reverse the charges.

Additionally, KUN Hyundai owed me some money from when I bought the car 6 months back. I raised a separate complaint about that refund and that amount was transferred to my account within a couple of hours.

Hyundai is concerned about customer service. It is the dealers who are incompetent or lazy, and are messing up all the time. Hyundai needs to bring better experiences for customers as they bring in their global/luxury cars to India.
shailendrakr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 14:08   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
To the forum friends:- has anyone managed to buy a cargo (boot) liner or mat?
I bought the boot carpet mat from the dealer upon delivery. It's a genuine Hyundai Accessory for Tuscon.

Well I also took Delivery on 22nd March. Incidentally I booked the car on 12th March and made the Payments after I did the PDI on 19th March.
I was in contact with all the Hyundai Dealers in Delhi NCR and found one dealer who had a car being Delivered in the Abyss Black Color that I wanted so I went with them.
Result of that is that my car is Manufactured in March 2023 and delivered in the same month.
Will write a detailed review a bit later.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20230323_180638.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20230323_180653.jpg  

Abhinav6683 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 18:35   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
I am also hearing this for sometime. And this happens only when I am riding over the small and sharp bumps within my car parking area. I suspect this is coming from the tailgate latch assembly. I am going to try out some fixes mentioned in the Internet and will get back
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Same is the case with my car. Initially I tried adjusting boot cover and changing position of Hazard lights. But still the issue persists. I have also not been able to find out the solution. Can you please share what solution have you found on Internet?
I caught the culprit here - the hazard warning sign board package which I moved it from the top boot to the spare wheel compartment. So whenever there is a bump, the package also jumps since it doesn't have any hold anywhere. I always carry a bunch of newspapers in my boot. So this time I put this package on top of the news papers. So far the rattle noise is gone forever.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 13:25   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Finally I sent a complaint to Hyundai about overcharging by KUN Hyundai. Within a couple of hours I got a call back from KUN Hyundai stating that they will reverse the charges.

So finally, what is the amount that you need to pay?
Old 31st March 2023, 13:28   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I caught the culprit here - the hazard warning sign board package which I moved it from the top boot to the spare wheel compartment. So whenever there is a bump, the package also jumps since it doesn't have any hold anywhere. I always carry a bunch of newspapers in my boot. So this time I put this package on top of the news papers. So far the rattle noise is gone forever.
For me, I unscrewed the two rubber stops in the tailgate by 1 rotation. That increases the tension on the tailgate when it closes and that was enough to stop the rattling when riding over sharp bumps.
madagascar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 20:40   #892
BHPian

Hi
I had a question (and if it’s already been answered please put me in the loop)
I thought the Alcazar and Tucson shared the engine…but the Alcazar gets an engine replacement whereas the Tucson doesn’t.
Is the Tucson already BS 6, stage 2 compliant ? Any chance of a better petrol engine in the Tucson in the near future
Test drove the petrol today…was better then I expected.
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:35   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Hi
I had a question (and if it’s already been answered please put me in the loop)
Is the Tucson already BS 6, stage 2 compliant ?
====
I verified during ongoing purchase process (the Brochure/Hyundai website and owners manual does not mention it) and dealer confirmed in writing it is.Autocar's initial review mentions Tucson being RDE compliant from the beginning ie Aug 2022 itself.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd April 2023 at 07:53. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Carevidence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:57   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Hello fellow owners,
I have been getting this Battery discharge warning everytime I turn off my car and keep the music system running or any small thing. Is this normal?

Attachment 2433756
This is normal. That message comes up after turning off the engine for some time.
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:44   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Could you please post the pictures of the car with the side step accessory.

Thank you
Thanks madagascar for the link. I finally got them delivered from hotcar.in as suggested here. Please find the pictures of them installed. I did not find any other vendor selling it. The shipping took 13 days after payment. Got it for ₹6600

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6325.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6324.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6326.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd April 2023 at 15:18.
bonesmith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:25   #896

Hi All,

I have just got my Tucson Signature AWD in Amazon Grey. I haven't had much time to drive it though and have been driving it in the city only to the office and back. I have clocked about 230 Kms on the ODO. I have done a ceramic coating on the car and nothing else. I changed the wipers to frameless wipers today as I didn't like the look of the dated frame wipers that are OEM.

The best thing happened today, when I got an OTA update for the NAV system and after the update, I have full screen maps on Android Auto.

I upgraded from a Seltos GT line that I had for 2 years and my main gripes with that were
1. Firm ride bordering on harsh
2. Spongy brakes
3. Lack of AWD
4. Not good mitigation of NVH
5. Parking sensors don't become active automatically at slow speeds

From my very brief experience with the Tucson, I can say the following:
1. The suspension is much more plush
2. Brakes are way better in both feel and bite
3. NVH mitigation is very good
4. ADAS is definitely a plus

One issue is definitely the colour of the seats and it is very difficult to keep it clean. Be careful even when you go for car washes as the dirt from the clothing of the personnel could also get on to the seats as happened in my case.

I'm in the process of ordering floor mats from Top Gear in Delhi and will let you know on the fit and feel once i install them.

Attaching a few pix
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20230318-17.28.08.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20230318-17.28.10.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20230318-17.28.09-1.jpeg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-whatsapp-image-20230318-17.28.09.jpeg  

ninanp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:01   #897

Quote:
Decided to get the black Magic series which was the slimmest light bar with perfect fit/size for Tucson.
Thanks for details of the upgrade. My Seltos GT line also needs an upgrade to the head lights. Couple of questions -

1. Where did you get the Lightbar from?
2. How much did you pay for it?
3. Did it add up the clutter inside the car?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th April 2023 at 18:32. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 4th April 2023, 15:12   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsunil View Post
Thanks for details of the upgrade. My Seltos GT line also needs an upgrade to the head lights. Couple of questions -

1. Where did you get the Lightbar from ?
2. How much did you pay for it ?
3. Did it add up the clutter inside the car ?

Hello Yadavsunil,

1. I got this directly from the Hella Dealer in Chennai.
2. I paid Rs 18,500 for the light Bar , Here is the product link
3. Not sure what you are referring as Clutter inside the car ?

Thanks
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 22:54   #899

Quote:
Hello Yadavsunil,

1. I got this directly from the Hella Dealer in Chennai.
2. I paid Rs 18,500 for the light Bar , Here is the product link
3. Not sure what you are referring as Clutter inside the car ?

Thanks
Thanks for the info.

I meant about the clutter of switching for the lightbar inside the car.
Old 5th April 2023, 10:26   #900
BHPian

We bought our Tucson couple of weeks ago (in the US) and 'the boy loves the toy'. We got the SEL version (base + 1) and is quite loaded. It is the ICE model and simply put, a great vehicle. The whole background towards the purchase, alternative vehicles and the buying experience is being documented and will soon appear on the site soon. Needless to say, this thread was a crucial element in the decision making. Till then, happy motoring.
mmxylorider is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks