Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 19:38   #1036
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
A new navigation software update is available for Tuscon, Ioniq 5, Venue, and Verna owners

https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/upd...iceView/oqYD3Q

Has anyone downloaded it yet? Did you find any improvements?

Hello there,

I just got a notification for firmware update .. It's an over-the-air (OTA) update.. In progress I will check & let you know the new features..

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_8048.jpg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 22:04   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTucson2021 View Post
Hi, so which one was it - Petrol or Diesel?
I went for the diesel! After driving 8500kms now, I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

Did some upgrades too - damping, rear speakers, amp - loving every second of it!
Old 19th July 2023, 23:56   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I went for the diesel! After driving 8500kms now, I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

Did some upgrades too - damping, rear speakers, amp - loving every second of it!
Hello,

Can you throw a little light on "Rear speakers, amp"? what upgrades did you do and how much did they cost.

Personally even I feel that the car needs a better sounding system, The Bose system feels like it has been in provided in the car just for the names sake.

I feel like even my Nexon Ev Max has a LITTLE better bass compared to my Tucson(very unfair/disappointed), for mids and highs I feel like both are on par(again this shouldn't be the case as Tucson costs almost double. Hence, even the sound system should sound 2x better )

Anyways, Thanks in advance.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 19:10   #1039

I have been thinking to buy Tucson from some time, but bad ABS tuning in Hyundai is a big turn off for me. I hate how my current Verna sometimes gives up the braking due to badly tuned and over sensitive ABS turning on. Is this issue carried on in Tucson as well?
Old 22nd July 2023, 20:21   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_to_redline View Post
I have been thinking to buy Tucson from some time, but bad ABS tuning in Hyundai is a big turn off for me. I hate how my current Verna sometimes gives up the braking due to badly tuned and over sensitive ABS turning on. Is this issue carried on in Tucson as well?
The Tucson is a global model and probably much more advanced than your current Verna. Only way is to test drive the Tucson on the same roads and try out your moves.

In my opinion, the Tucson is an excellent vehicle only lacking the badge snobbery.
itwasntme is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 10:53   #1041
BHPian

Thanks admins for approving my membership.

Been following this forum for almost 10 years now. but decided to pen some thoughts on this one.

Got a Tuscon Signature Diesel Amazon Grey. i've exclusively used Hyundai vehicles for the last 12 years, i10, i20, Creta, so the decision to pick a new car was an easy one. I did test drive Meridian, but did not feel it had the punch in the 0-35 km/h range. Never test drove an XUV 700 as a colleague who did gave a very negative feedback about it.

Took delivery around 8th April, and since have driven 3500 kms.

Since a lot of folks have already mentioned the pros, I dont need to detail them again. The car works very well, for most part. Here are the niggles

1. I've constantly heard some noise in the sunroof, as if there was a loose nut somewhere. I gave it to the service center, they couldn't fix it in one go, but later, they spoke to Hyundai, got the car again for service, and this got resolved to a certain extent. Similarly there was a bit of a noise from the rear left door, which was resolved after 2 attempts.

2. There is still some residual noise from the central console, and the left front door, but they are not a huge annoyance at the moment. Just that they take away the premium feel of the vehicle. My Creta even after 45k kilometers didn't have those issues

3. The main screen flickers at times. Sometimes, it takes a minute or two after the car is turned on, to come to life. I've taken videos of the flicker, and sent it to service center, but I haven't given the car to the service center for investigating, as this is the only car I have these days, and sending it away to a service center will be a challenge.

3. My biggest challenge with Tucson has been its headlight. I constantly feel that the headlight could have been a lot better. I had upgraded my headlights in Creta to projector led from blaupunkt, and they were amazing. Unfortunately, there seems no other way to upgrade the headlight, other than the LED Bar, something that I don't want to use.

5. My Creta (Diesel, Manual) on my normal commute used to give an average of 17-18 kms/litre (Diesel). The Tucson had been giving me around 11 in the first 1500 or so kms, but off later, it has improved to about 13 kms/litre. I am hoping I can evaluate this better once the monsoons are over, as monsoons can results in traffic jams, leading to a lower average. On my Mumbai Pune commute, it gave me a healthy average of 20-21 kms/liter

I often wonder, if I should've gone for XUV700. If I had to live with some niggles, i could've at least paid a little less. I suspect spare parts and accessory availability for Tucson will be a little challenging as well and I think the headlights for XUV700 are much more stronger.

Last edited by noyes99 : 24th July 2023 at 11:07. Reason: Correct some typos
noyes99 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 13:11   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post

I often wonder, if I should've gone for XUV700. If I had to live with some niggles, i could've at least paid a little less. I suspect spare parts and accessory availability for Tucson will be a little challenging as well and I think the headlights for XUV700 are much more stronger.
Wanted to share my thoughts on XUV700 vs Tucson. I booked a Tucson but ended up getting the XUV700 because I couldn't get the delivery of Tucson on time. It's been 6 months and am not too happy with my choice and considering selling the XUV and getting the Tucson. XUV's diesel engine is a lot noisier and lags the punch at low speeds like you experienced with with Jeep. The XUV's petrol engine however is much better to drive (compared to the diesel one), so unless you were thinking about going with the petrol version, you've a much better car in hand.

My XUV 700 is definitely going but am still thinking if I should go for Tucson (was my first choice anyways and also the fact that my experience with Hyundai has been super amazing and I love my 2015 elite i20) or buy XUV 700 petrol to stay away from diesel engines and use the extra money to get a small EV for city commutes.

Last edited by theOneWhoRides : 24th July 2023 at 13:22. Reason: Fixed typos
theOneWhoRides is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 14:17   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Wanted to share my thoughts on XUV700 vs Tucson.
I read your post about XUV vs Tuscon, and thought to myself that the grass is always greener on the other side I just thought I'd pen my thoughts on what I found were the issues, since no one else seems to have experienced them / mentioned them yet. Tucson is genuinely a nice car otherwise. I guess its buyers remorse. I wonder if I should've picked up a more premium badge of Skoda Kodiaq, or the new Seltos, which looks pretty enticing on its own, has a turbo petrol. I was perfectly happy with my Creta, which was about 5 years old. But I wanted to give Creta to my parents and hence was looking for a replacement, a step up preferably. I could have also considered a Petrol Tucson, but was worried about a single digit mileage (since I like to do long drives), and the FOMO of driving such a brilliant Diesel engine.

In your case, I would say that XUV700 still has a high demand, and a longish waiting period, so you could get a reasonably decent resale value. The way resale prices are these days, a car seems like an appreciating asset. I've also thought about a nice EV, but none of the models on the market (other than ioniq and EV6) entice me.
noyes99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 16:08   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you got a really bad unit. Sometimes dealers repair an in-transit damaged car and sell it as new. Hope you did not get one like that. It is a dealer practice and can happen with any brand.
Old 24th July 2023, 23:19   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
I read your post about XUV vs Tuscon, and thought to myself that the grass is always greener on the other side
Haha, the grass is definitely greener on the other side. But I think we kinda agree on the fact that Tucson's grass a little more greener that XUV's.

Quote:
I could have also considered a Petrol Tucson, but was worried about a single digit mileage (since I like to do long drives), and the FOMO of driving such a brilliant Diesel engine.
If you don't mind sharing, can you tell how has your experience been driving a diesel (Tucson) after driving petrol cars (correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that your older Hyundai cars were petrol trims) in the past.

Quote:
I've also thought about a nice EV, but none of the models on the market (other than ioniq and EV6) entice me.
I took a test drive of E-C3 and Tiago.EV and while Tiago was a fun to drive car, it felt like a downgrade from i20 considering the space i20 offers. Looks like I'll have to wait (and I don't mind either considering how much I enjoy driving the i20) for the perfect ev car.
theOneWhoRides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 16:58   #1046
BHPian

Hi ADAS Tucson owners, have a quick query:

Is lane keep assist light on instrument cluster turning green on speeds above 60 or any speed? After getting my ADAS issues resolved (I hope), I am noticing that it is not turning green at lower speed. Now I am not able to recall what was the case earlier.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 25th July 2023, 18:51   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
If you don't mind sharing, can you tell how has your experience been driving a diesel (Tucson) after driving petrol cars (correct me if I'm wrong in assuming that your older Hyundai cars were petrol trims) in the past.
My i20 was Petrol. Creta was Diesel. Had a change of work location, requiring longer commute and hence switched to Diesel (it was the 1.6L Diesel engine). Petrol i20 worked great. The average was close to 12 km/l. I had it for over 12 years, and just disposed it off in May 23. Even Diesel Creta was beautiful. It had the right amount of power and zip, and it handled the nasty roads very well.
noyes99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 18:51   #1048
BHPian

Like they say, you only live once so I went ahead and traded the XUV and brought the Tucson (Diesel AWD, signature) home.
I’ll try to share my ownership and drive experience in coming days.
Attaching pictures of (yet to named) newest family member of the house.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4636.jpeg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4637.jpeg
theOneWhoRides is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 22:39   #1049

Hi All,

I'm thrilled to join this esteemed community, making my inaugural post here on the forum. What better topic to kick things off than a discussion about my new Tucson, for which I recently completed a PDI.

Heading to the showroom, I went prepared with the Team BHP PDI checklist, and right away, a few things caught my attention. I noticed stains on the roof liner of the vehicle. It turns out that one of the attendees had cleaned the car prior to the PDI and accidentally left stains in a couple of places while touching the roof liner. The SA (Salesperson) assured me that these stains should be easily removed. Although it's not a major issue, it does bother me a bit, considering that I expected them to handle a premium vehicle costing upwards of 40 lakhs with more care. Am I overthinking this? Attaching a couple of pictures below.

Additionally, apart from a couple of very minor scratches (which should go away once i get a ceramic coating done), there was nothing else amiss.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_8738.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_8739.jpg  

RoGed27 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 16:06   #1050
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Is lane keep assist light on instrument cluster turning green on speeds above 60 or any speed? After getting my ADAS issues resolved (I hope), I am noticing that it is not turning green at lower speed. Now I am not able to recall what was the case earlier.
Hello, I think it works on speeds above 60, but I can check today and get back.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks