Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 10:28   #1156
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOneWhoRides View Post
Just wondering if getting aftermarket audio set up will have any effect on the warranty? Can Hyundai deny warranty stating external wirings etc in case of any unfortunate event?
All these upgrades are done by a professional and do not affect the warranty as they are all on the coupler and no wires are cut. In the case of Tucson, not even the head unit is touched. Completely dependent on who does your job.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th October 2023 at 17:49. Reason: Grammar
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2023, 16:34   #1157

So I just completed 10k KM on my Tucson diesel, and I was to take it for my first servicing. I was enquiring about which grade engine oil they use, and the guy at the service centre told me that they will use 0w30 semi synthetic oil, not fully synthetic oil because, hyundai has told them to use Semi synthetic in all BS6 engines because fully synthetic aren’t compatible or good for these engines?

Seems more like cost cutting to me as they are giving the oil for free. Is this true though? Should I get Shell Helix Fully synthetic oil from outside or let the hyundai service centre put Servo semi synthetic
Old 8th October 2023, 07:50   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post

Seems more like cost cutting to me as they are giving the oil for free. Is this true though? Should I get Shell Helix Fully synthetic oil from outside or let the hyundai service centre put Servo semi synthetic
Hello Riskanuj,

My suggestion get the fully synthetic engine oil from outside & request the service centre engineers to replace it.If they deny get it replaced outside.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...les/engine-oil

Thank you.
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 20:27   #1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello Riskanuj,

My suggestion get the fully synthetic engine oil from outside & request the service centre engineers to replace it.If they deny get it replaced outside.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...les/engine-oil

Thank you.
Thanks for the suggestion. The service centre guy said that for BS6 engines, the directive is to use semi-synthetic, which they’ll provide for free. That’s just cost cutting right?
Old 9th October 2023, 10:51   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
the guy at the service centre told me that they will use 0w30 semi synthetic oil, not fully synthetic oil because, hyundai has told them to use Semi synthetic in all BS6 engines because fully synthetic aren’t compatible or good for these engines?
I spoke to Arsh Hyundai in Mumbai, and they told me that Hyundai has approved both semi synthetic and Shell Synthetic, and that they will use which ever we prefer. This was just questioning at the Service Center. I havent actually used them yet, as my car is yet to touch 9000 kms
Old 11th October 2023, 15:34   #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Apparently, consumables are chargable. Only the labour is free of charge.
Regarding the oil, it was Servo 0W-30 SP/C3 fully synthetic oil that was used by the SC.
I got my Petrol Tucson serviced today. I only had to pay for wheel alignment and balancing, and the rest of everything was covered by the service.
The Blue Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 16:02   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
So I just completed 10k KM on my Tucson diesel, and I was to take it for my first servicing. I was enquiring about which grade engine oil they use, and the guy at the service centre told me that they will use 0w30 semi synthetic oil, not fully synthetic oil because, hyundai has told them to use Semi synthetic in all BS6 engines because fully synthetic aren’t compatible or good for these engines?

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. The service centre guy said that for BS6 engines, the directive is to use semi-synthetic, which they’ll provide for free. That’s just cost cutting right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
I spoke to Arsh Hyundai in Mumbai, and they told me that Hyundai has approved both semi synthetic and Shell Synthetic, and that they will use which ever we prefer. This was just questioning at the Service Center. I havent actually used them yet, as my car is yet to touch 9000 kms
Looks like there is a small misunderstanding here. Please note fully synthetic oil is a technology while Shell is an oil brand. Fully synthetic oil is available across most of the brands if not all.
As per Hyundai recommendation, we can either use Shell or Servo (which is Indian Oil) fully synthetic oil. For eg - my dealer already had Servo fully synthetic in stock. The cost difference is that Shell is expensive by around INR 1000-1500.

Also as per Hyundai, we can use both fully synthetic or semi-synthetic. For fully synthetic we have to pay the extra oil cost. Its free for semi-synthetic. So choose the one based on the availability, need and the cost factor.
Old 12th October 2023, 08:09   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Also as per Hyundai, we can use both fully synthetic or semi-synthetic. For fully synthetic we have to pay the extra oil cost. Its free for semi-synthetic. So choose the one based on the availability, need and the cost factor.
Is there any advantage of using fully synthetic as opposed to semi synthetic?

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th October 2023 at 17:09. Reason: Grammar.
Old 14th October 2023, 14:11   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
Is there any advantages in using fully synthetic as opposed to semi synthetic ?
Of course there are. Advantages are

1. Longer engine & parts life.
2. Longer service intervals.
3. Better performance of the engine.
4. Better fuel efficiency.
5. Cleaner and smoother engine.

The only dis-advantage is the cost (synthetic oils are expensive).

Tucson is a CKD. So it is a global product with parts that are not specifically designed for Indian environment conditions (which is highly dusty, muddy and what not). Though it is not mandatory to use ONLY synthetic oil, it is any day better than semi-synthetic. Even the Hyundai recommends to go for fully synthetic over semi-synthetic for Tucson (mentioned in the user manual and website).
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:11   #1165
BHPian

It was summer of 2014 when me and my wife decided that it's time for us to bring our first car home. A car fanatic, who would (as a kid) ride the bicycle for kilometres to get a glimpse of any new car that would come to my small home town, buying a car myself was a huge moment.

I asked my wife if she had any preference and these were her exact words - You'll be the one driving, so you get to pick the car. Best answer right?

I don't know why but I had always been a fan of Hyundai ever since they launched the Santro in the late 90s. I still remember the ad featuring SRK and the cute little red Santro, so I knew my first car is going to be a Hyundai. Coming from a middle class family where the first car usually is a Maruti, when I told my father about buying a Hyundai, he reacted as if I was breaking some family tradition or was going for an inter caste marriage all over again. My father tried his best to convince me to buy a Maruti and we had numerous calls over why Swift would be a better choice, but I was in no mood of changing my plan.

I did some initial research and we settled on the Grand i10. We spoke to a nearby Hyundai dealer (in Noida) and decided to check the car in person. Just before we were walking out of the showroom, our eyes fell on the newly launched Elite i20 and it was love at the first sight for us. We knew it'll be a stretch (on budget) but when we looked at each other, we knew we both had our hearts on the i20. We paid the 10K booking amount and walked out of the showroom with a huge smiles on our faces. Love makes you do crazy thing, isn't it?

We were told that it'll be a month or two for our preferred variant (Sportz Petrol) and color (Stardust) to arrive, so we patiently waited for the call to come. Did I say that my father was not happy that we weren't buying a white colored car?

It was late October or early November when we finally received the call from the showroom and we were told that a car has been allocated to us and it should arrive in a week or two. Excitedly I called my father to share the good news but he recommended that we do not take the delivery now and rather take the delivery in Jan/Feb as the resale price (if and when we decide to sell it) would be higher for a 2015 manufactured model compared to 2014 one even if they're just a month or two apart. As disappointed as I was with this, but this made a lot of sense to my middle class mind. I called my SA that we'll wait for the new lot and take the delivery in 2015 instead. The SA told me that Hyundai is planning on a price hike and the price might go up by around 30K in January, which I thought was a tactic to scare us just so that we go ahead with the purchase.

So the wait begins again and we got a call from our SA in mid January that a 2015 manufactured car has now been allocated to us and if we would like to move forward with it. I shouted a big YES and confirmed!! We also got to know that Hyundai increased the price by a whooping 37K for our model.
Finally the big day comes and we reached the showroom to complete all the formalities.

If I look back now, I feel I did pretty much everything opposite to what folks at this wonderful platform recommend while taking the delivery. I took no test drive (I think I was probably too scared to drive a car back then), did no PDI and took the delivery at around 6pm in the darkest of hours. We were just too excited to bring our first car home and cared less about anything else.

Our whole buying experience had been super eventful so the first night had to be eventful as well, right? So we came back home, parked the car in front our house, distributed sweets to our landlord and neighbours, had dinner and made 100 plans on where we would take the car next and I decided I'll take one quick look at the car before I go to bed. I go out and see something that still gives me nightmares. I see 3 street dogs on top of our shiny new car, one on the bonnet and another on the top trying to chew the decorative ribbons and the third one chewing the radio antenna just for the fun of it. I somehow managed to scare the dogs only to find tons of scratches (from their nails) all over the body and top half of the antenna hanging.

Fast forward 8 years and this car has been no less than family for our family. Everyone (including my father) loves it to the bit, and he [my father] now agrees that it's ok to break the tradition some times.

The car has done more than 1,10,000 KM on the ODO, moved places with us, taken us to some of the remotest of place including mountain passes in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and to deserts of Rajasthan and everywhere in between. Here are some of the pictures of our beloved i20.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_7311_original.jpg
The day we moved to Dehradun, packing everything we could in the car

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-4ff8ab0a89084224a4bd72182c8dc7fa_original.jpg
We took this remote road around Sidhpur in Himachal and we landed here

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-7430e2e234a9438e927b19e37bb25555_original.jpg
Somewhere around Dehradun

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-829fe924d4e04d9d8583cf038cec6223_original.jpg
This beauty has taken us to some of the most beautiful of places

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-c76d8348acc547cf94204cc76da9b4b5_original.jpg
The day we clocked 1,00,000 on the ODO. It's funny that my wife didn't want to drive the car but she was the one behind the steering wheel when we reached this milestone.

Ok, moving over to the 2nd half of the story.

I think it was summer of 2022 when I told my wife that it's time to grow our family. She looked at me as if I had gone crazy, so I clarified that I'm not talking about having another baby but adding another car to our garage. She definitely was on board with this idea.

Since we do a lot of long journeys and we definitely don't believe in packing light, we figured a big fat SUV has to be the one. Am sure you must have guessed it by now that I wasn't looking anywhere besides Hyundai, but thanks to this wonderful community I had become a little more educated about the car buying experience and things to consider while picking the right car, and car safety ranked at the very top. It didn't take me a long time to realise that not many Hyundai cars fared well in the crash ratings and the only option I had was Tucson which definitely was out of our budget. We looked around at other options from VAG/Tata/Mahindra but nothing caught our eyes and we dropped the plan.

It was June 2022, I was in Nepal for a trek when I saw a white Hyundai at Pokhara airport parking and it was love at first sight all over again. Deja vu!!! It was the face-lifted Tucson, and although I had seen some online reviews of the Tucson but it was the first time I had seen the car in person. I kinda felt the same thing when I saw the i20 for the first time and it looked like miles ahead of it's competition when it comes to looks. So, I come back home with a plan - Tucson it'll be, but it took Hyundai a few months to launch the car in India and after teasing for months and months, they finally launched the car in Q3 of 2022 and I booked one as soon as the bookings opened. I think I wasn't the only one who got a huge shock when Hyundai revealed the price and like many others I considered cancelling the booking. But like they say, love makes you do crazy thing (did I say that before as well?), we took a test drive of the car, and decided to keep the booking and with that started the long wait. Months passed but we got no signs of the car getting delivered, I would get a new date every time I spoke to the SA at the Dehradun showroom.

I wanted the car to be a gift for my wife's milestone birthday, although she didn't believe me and I don't blame her . so I called the SA in Jan 2023 asking if there is any chance we can get the car delivered by 14th Feb (yeah, her birthday is on valentine's day) and he tells me that there is no chance of us getting the car by then.

Since we had been waiting for a new car for quite some time, I became a little desperate and started looking for other options. Took test drives of Kushaq, Taigun and their elder sibling Tiguan but they didn't fair well for me in comparison to the Tuscon, but then one day one of my family friend asked me to check XUV700 and I decided to give it a try. I test drove the petrol AX7L and really loved the car, it felt too big for my taste but I thought I'll probably get used to it. The SA at Mahindra told me that they have a new lot coming in on first week of February and he'll try to get one allotted to us, and with that we went ahead with the booking.

It was first week of February when I got a call from the Mahindra SA that a diesel car is available and I can take the delivery before 14th. My family members had already been pushing me to consider diesel because of low mileage of petrol variant and I agreed to take the diesel model. With a hell lot of excitement we took the delivery of XUV 700 and I realised I've made a huge mistake as soon as I drove it back home from the showroom. No offence to Mahindra or XUV700 and it's an amazingly built car but the driving experience of petrol and diesel variants are miles apart and I wasn't expecting that. Having driven a petrol car all my life, the car looked sluggish and I wasn't a fan of the engine noise either. I think I learned a great lesson that you should always take a test-drive of the car you're buying. You can get lucky once, but not always.

Talking about the engine noise, at first I thought it's probably an issue with my car so I took it to the service centre and dropped a couple of posts on teambhp's XUV700 forum and everyone told me that there is nothing wrong and the noise is normal and that broke my heart. Every time I sat in the car, I wished I had waited some more time for the Tucson to arrive.

A couple of months passed and the XUV had already done trips to Chopta (Uttarakhand) and Spiti (Himachal Pradesh) and was ready for the 10K service. I took a couple of test drives with their technical staff to talk about my noise related concerns but it was all normal as per them. While I was waiting for my car to be serviced, I realised that the Hyundai showroom is nearby and I thought I'll go check out the newly launched Exter. At the Hyundai showroom I bumped into the same Tuscon SA and I jokingly told him that if he had allotted me a car, I would have been here for service and not at the nearby Mahindra showroom. I sheepishly asked him about the wait times (for Tucson) and he tells me that they have one in stock and I can pick it up as early as tomorrow. He offered a decent price for the XUV in exchange and I started to think about it. Since I had some more time to kill, I took another test drive of Tucson just to be sure, and I felt good about it.

I was scared to talk about my plans with my wife but when I told her that I'm thinking about trading the XUV for Tucson, she tells me that she isn't surprised and she knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I was definitely concerned about the financial hit I'll get by selling a almost new car, but she is definitely among those who believe in YOLO (You Only Live Once) and she told me that I should just go for it, as long as am sure that I would love driving it. So, we asked for one final test drive around where we live and usually drive, and the next day we welcomed the 2nd Hyundai to our family .

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4779.jpg
How can you not fall in love with this beauty!

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_4949.jpg
The 4WD in it's natural habitat. Somewhere in the mountains.

I think our i20 was destined to have another Hyundai sibling. Here they're together, like one happy family.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_6343-2.jpg
theOneWhoRides is offline   (122) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 23:22   #1166
BANNED

Quote:
I was scared to talk about my plans with my wife but when I told her that I'm thinking about trading the XUV for Tucson, she tells me that she isn't surprised and she knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I was definitely concerned about the financial hit I'll get by selling a almost new car, but she is definitely among those who believe in YOLO (You Only Live Once) and she told me that I should just go for it, as long as am sure that I would love driving it. So, we asked for one final test drive around where we live and usually drive, and [b]the next day we welcomed the 2nd Hyundai to our family
That was a lovely write-up man! I hope you are enjoying the ride. Tucson is one of the best in its segment, and you have certainly made the right choice. Wishing you and your family amazing memories ahead.
aseem23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 10:48   #1167
BHPian

Few queries:

1. Does the Signature Diesel AWD Tucson have a AWD lock? The downloaded pdf brochure mentions that but just want to confirm. I didn't seem to find any such button from the pics I have seen.

2. What's the delivery timeline like these days for the AWD? Any waiting?

3. Any discounts being offered?
SouravS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:41   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new Tucson. Happy and safe motoring!
A small correction though - Tucson is NOT 4WD. It's AWD. I am highlight this to you only to make sure that you are aware of its (AWD's) limitations when you venture outdoors.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:13   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
the next day we welcomed the 2nd Hyundai to our family .
Welcome to the Tucson family and wishing happy miles and plush driving!

Regards,

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2023 at 10:30. Reason: Quote tags
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 10:38   #1170
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[ATTACH=IMG_4949.jpg
2508324[/ATTACH]
Congratulations on getting the beast. That side profile looks awesome with the creases on the doors.

Have a many happy miles ahead

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks